Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Square: "We will make more Vita games", Possibly DQ returning to Sony consoles

http://www.i-mezzo.net/log/2014/06/25224706.html

(Source in Japanese)

After their success on PSP I'm surprised they haven't even given Vita a chance tbh, they could easily take advantage of lack of releases especially in the West. Hopefully this comes off the Type-0 backlash and they've changed their minds about excluding Vita.

The Dragon Quest Franchise Could Return to Sony Consoles According to Square Enix

During the Square Enix Investors Meeting held today in Tokyo the company illustrated its strategy for next the future, and Dragon Quest franchise Executive Producer Yuu Miyake answered a question asking whether the series could appear on Sony consoles in the future.

Miyake-san explained that it’s possible, as it has been released on a variety of hardware so far. Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda followed up asking to be patient and wait for future announcements on the issue.

This comes after the series’ creator Yuji Hori strongly hinted that Dragon Quest XI is being developed for home consoles a couple weeks ago.

That said, Miyake-san also mentioned that user trends show that the series appeals to an audience that isn’t necessarily playing on dedicated gaming consoles, and he wants the franchise to be accessible everywhere, so more mobile Dragon Quest games seem to be definitely on the menu (surprising absolutely no one).

[Report by Masaru Aoyama]

Source
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 06-25-2014 at 19:37.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Overseer
    maybe Sony told them that yoshida was being dumb and said that no more big first party titles so they paid SE to say this comment to keep the people happy?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Pretty much, will wait and see but tbh

4. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    lol i was jk.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Well yeah the first part of your post sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if SE did just say this after the $#@!up with the Type-0 announcement and now it's just damage control.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I bet only the Japanese market gets new games while the western market gets nothing.

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, we know from Yuji Horii that Dragon Quest XI will either end up on Wii U or PS4 (maybe both PS4 and Xbox One) since he wants to play it on a big screen but any handhelds and mobiles will probably only continue to see ports and remasters.

I keep saying though that the question people should be asking is if Square Enix plans to localize future titles. Dragon Quest X was probably too much of a risk since it was another MMORPG but Dragon Warrior VII for 3DS missing out as well was worrying.

Besides, Dragon Quest IX could have been better. The battles were great and the story was interesting but you didn't have a unique party to get to know like its predecessor. We need another entry like Dragon Quest VIII.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-25-2014 at 21:36.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Make announcements Square Enix and hopefully your just not all talk.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I bet only the Japanese market gets new games while the western market gets nothing.
    This.
    I feel exactly this way. I'm currently interested in 2 games which are only possible to get via the Japanese market and thus they won't be English... I can't talk/read Japanese and that they won't put English translations in it is a bit disappointing really... I wanted to have the newest Monster Hunter and I wanted to get the last Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Tag Force game as well...

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    The western market isn't going to get "nothing". Some games will make over here and some won't. That is the way it has ALWAYS been.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    The western market isn't going to get "nothing". Some games will make over here and some won't. That is the way it has ALWAYS been.
    It's kinda better than it used to be honestly, I remember a lot of SNES and PS1 games I wanted never left Japan. Nowadays they mostly do thanks to online petitions and fan feedback.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It's kinda better than it used to be honestly, I remember a lot of SNES and PS1 games I wanted never left Japan. Nowadays they mostly do thanks to online petitions and fan feedback.
    Yeah, it was really bad back in those days. Suikoden 2, for example. Hell....just think about how they renumbered the Final Fantasy series cuz they skipped some (wasn't 3 here the same as 6 there?)
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    yes, FF3 here was FF6 in Japan.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah

FF1 = FF1
    FF2 = Unreleased
    FF3 = Unreleased
    FF4 = FF2
    FF5 = Unreleased
    FF6 = FF3

FF2 was in the middle of localisation but was canned and they moved onto 4 because the SNES was already released and it was pretty pointless releasing a NES game in like 92/93. Even FF1 took 3 years to release in the US ('87 > '90).

Thread Information