View Poll Results: I bet Clinton

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • is NOT going to run for president in 2016!

    0 0%
  • IS going to run for president in 2016!

    8 80.00%
  • It doesn't matter because the Republicans are gonna win!

    2 20.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 122
  1. #51
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    9,353 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    LOL when I seen this I clearly understand why people say blame it on the black man and here it goes. Bush Jr drained the surplus and Obama comes behind and yeah... Lets point the finger at him lol.
    I have been reading this thread, wondering when race would be brought into it. Why does it have to be about race because someone doesn't like Obama as a president? Are you against Bush because he's white? It works both ways.

    It's pathetic.

  2. #52
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the problem is that race does get brought into it from both sides. not in this thread but in general and that may be the reason why he brought it up. i think it's risky to assume if people have the same views as some others out there but i believe that's why he mentioned it.

    you guys have to keep in mind that he is a dual minority and I can certainly understand why he feels close to a black president.

    instead of making this into a race issue, let's try to warn him that those things are a by-product of what he's really trying to do. it has nothing to do with obama just like the wars had nothing to do with bush and the same for the previous presidents...they aren't legitimate. they are actors that come in and act like they care about these things, in actuality they're just two sides of a coin, controlled by the wealthy and organizations.

  3. Likes MonkeyClaw, Captncoke49 likes this post
  4. #53
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that anyone who ranks Bush Jr. ahead of Barack Obama when it comes to presidents of the U.S. is either a Republican, leaning toward Republican party, or just do not like the fact that Obama has minority blood in him.

    Bush Jr. IS the worst president this country has ever had, period.

    Start an unnecessary war about "weapons of mass destruction" that aren't even there? Check.
    Get thousands of U.S. and ally soldiers injured and killed over a totally unnecessary war? Check.
    Search from 2001 or 2002 - 2008 for the man responsible and he isn't even in the countries you searched? Check.
    Mail checks of the social security surplus to the citizens and NOW social security is screwed? Check.
    Give the U.S. a bad global reputation, especially with countries like Turkey? Check.

    Meanwhile, Obama has:

    Won a nobel peace prize.
    Gotten unemployment down to 6 or 7%.
    Gotten the U.S. out of a recession that BUSH JR. caused.
    Made the U.S. global relationships better.
    Created successful but temporary programs like "Cash for Clunkers".
    Passed health care reform.
    In the states that expanded medicaid and really allowed ACA, has given millions of people health insurance.


    Obama would have done more if the freaking Republicans would actually help this country instead of playing politics.

    Yes, I did pull the race card because this IS about race to some people. Bill Clinton was a democratic president, but the Republicans did not block him or treat him nearly as bad as they treat Obama. Race is involved to some people, but not all.

    People fault Obama, but what they fail or refuse to realize that the Republicans have blocked EVERY single thing Obama and the Senate try to do. So it's really the party of "no" fault, not Obama.

    Republicans or those leaning Republican can call him the worst president all they want but he's done nothing nearly as bad as Bush Jr. Nothing.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  5. #54
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    91,984 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that anyone who ranks Bush Jr. ahead of Barack Obama when it comes to presidents of the U.S. is either a Republican, leaning toward Republican party, or just do not like the fact that Obama has minority blood in him.

    Bush Jr. IS the worst president this country has ever had, period.

    Start an unnecessary war about "weapons of mass destruction" that aren't even there? Check.
    Get thousands of U.S. and ally soldiers injured and killed over a totally unnecessary war? Check.
    Search from 2001 or 2002 - 2008 for the man responsible and he isn't even in the countries you searched? Check.
    Mail checks of the social security surplus to the citizens and NOW social security is screwed? Check.
    Give the U.S. a bad global reputation, especially with countries like Turkey? Check.

    Meanwhile, Obama has:

    Won a nobel peace prize.
    Gotten unemployment down to 6 or 7%.
    Gotten the U.S. out of a recession that BUSH JR. caused.
    Made the U.S. global relationships better.
    Created successful but temporary programs like "Cash for Clunkers".
    Passed health care reform.
    In the states that expanded medicaid and really allowed ACA, has given millions of people health insurance.


    Obama would have done more if the freaking Republicans would actually help this country instead of playing politics.

    Yes, I did pull the race card because this IS about race to some people. Bill Clinton was a democratic president, but the Republicans did not block him or treat him nearly as bad as they treat Obama. Race is involved to some people, but not all.

    People fault Obama, but what they fail or refuse to realize that the Republicans have blocked EVERY single thing Obama and the Senate try to do. So it's really the party of "no" fault, not Obama.

    Republicans or those leaning Republican can call him the worst president all they want but he's done nothing nearly as bad as Bush Jr. Nothing.
    So why do you must all the downfalls of Bush but only talk about things you perceive as good. Health care reform was terribly done. It was forced through without clearing everything up. People were finding out details months after it came out. Guess who signed that law before all the details were hashed, Obama. What about the debacle with the sign up and non working websites. It was rushed because he wanted it done as fast as possible.What about that stimulus plan that was riddled with minuscule $#@! and corporate pay offs. What about the number of scandals going on. Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the new details that come out about the VA hospital that has been a problem for years and it was completely ignored after they were notified of the problem.

    The previous screwed $#@! up and his team made some worse. Btw the recession was due it's the natural order of things. Not to mention one of the biggest factors in that was the housing market which was screwed up during Clinton's time. I've never understood the whole throw your hands in the air and yell it's Bush's fault! That the easy way out so you don't have to make up an excuse for your own short comings. Please tell me why he earned that Nobel prize. Still to this day didn't know why.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  6. Likes Christopher likes this post
  7. #55
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    all the things Bush did were planned. he could not have thought up of any of that. we know that by listening to him talk. Obama's achievements and disruptive laws were also planned. once we remove emotions out of this debate, we might start thinking about people in this country.

  8. Likes MonkeyClaw, Captncoke49 likes this post
  9. #56
    Apprentice
    Captncoke49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Frederick,MD
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Age
    34
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,730 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    all the things Bush did were planned. he could not have thought up of any of that. we know that by listening to him talk. Obama's achievements and disruptive laws were also planned. once we remove emotions out of this debate, we might start thinking about people in this country.
    Dude, we see eye to eye on this 100%. Everything you've said is exactly what I would have said. Knowledge is what they (the govt) fear!

  10. Likes MonkeyClaw, Omar likes this post
  11. #57
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,610
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    73,858 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that anyone who ranks Bush Jr. ahead of Barack Obama when it comes to presidents of the U.S. is either a Republican, leaning toward Republican party, or just do not like the fact that Obama has minority blood in him.


    I'm sorry, but I have to say that anyone who ranks Obama ahead of W. Bush (he is not a junior) when it comes to presidents of the U.S. is either a Democrat, leaning toward Democrat party, or just does do because of the fact that Obama has minority blood in him.



    Hmmm, was wondering if it sounded just as stupid if I turned it around. Yep....sure does.

    I have no problem with the rest of your post. I think some of your points are valid. Some....not so much. But they are your opinions. I'm not going to suggest you are racist because you have them.

    I would ask the same from you. Thanks.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  12. #58
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,335
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    11,006,090 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that anyone who ranks Bush Jr. ahead of Barack Obama when it comes to presidents of the U.S. is either a Republican, leaning toward Republican party, or just do not like the fact that Obama has minority blood in him.
    Oh my god, please stop with this race crap. Seriously. It's not funny anymore.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  13. #59
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that anyone who ranks Obama ahead of W. Bush (he is not a junior) when it comes to presidents of the U.S. is either a Democrat, leaning toward Democrat party, or just does do because of the fact that Obama has minority blood in him.



    Hmmm, was wondering if it sounded just as stupid if I turned it around. Yep....sure does.

    I have no problem with the rest of your post. I think some of your points are valid. Some....not so much. But they are your opinions. I'm not going to suggest you are racist because you have them.

    I would ask the same from you. Thanks.
    Christopher, I apologize. I don't think you are a racist, but think you may be a Republican or lean toward the Republican party. The people who are racist are the ones publishing comics about Obama being a monkey, saying, "Can't believe we got a N word president". I did not mean to say you were a racist. I am sorry.


    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  14. #60
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    oh if they're just calling him "the N word", that's not that bad. At least they're not calling him the N word, if you know what i mean.

  15. #61
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    So why do you must all the downfalls of Bush but only talk about things you perceive as good.
    Can you tell me what's not good about the stuff I listed? For example, what is wrong with providing affordable health care insurance to millions of people?

    Health care reform was terribly done. It was forced through without clearing everything up. People were finding out details months after it came out. Guess who signed that law before all the details were hashed, Obama.
    What wasn't cleared up? What are the problems with health care reform now that it has started?

    What about the debacle with the sign up and non working websites. It was rushed because he wanted it done as fast as possible.
    Which one is more important: the fact that the health care reform sites did not work properly at first and WERE FIXED or the fact that people can now afford to go to the doctor for illnesses and ailments?

    And, if millions of people were dying or hurting because they couldn't afford the doc, would you not be pressed to help people?

    It's the same with immigration reform. The republicans block everything and now he's going at it on his own.

    What about that stimulus plan that was riddled with minuscule $#@! and corporate pay offs. What about the number of scandals going on. Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the new details that come out about the VA hospital that has been a problem for years and it was completely ignored after they were notified of the problem.
    The stimulus plan that has helped the economy recovery? Was it really that bad? Not saying it's good that it has corporate pay offs, but I want to say it's not going to be perfect. The fact that it has helped the economy is tremendous.

    The VA issues have been present since George W. Bush.

    I've never heard of Fast and Furious and I don't understand why people keep going on about Benghazi.

    The previous screwed $#@! up and his team made some worse. Btw the recession was due it's the natural order of things. Not to mention one of the biggest factors in that was the housing market which was screwed up during Clinton's time. I've never understood the whole throw your hands in the air and yell it's Bush's fault! That the easy way out so you don't have to make up an excuse for your own short comings. Please tell me why he earned that Nobel prize. Still to this day didn't know why.
    What? Recession was DUE? Okay, WHEN is a recession due? What determines when it is due? What if another country did not have a recession when it was due?

    It IS Bush's fault! Good lord, the man was a freaking weapon of mass destruction!

    What president in the history of the U.S. was called a disaster by ALL people, Republicans, Democrats, black people, white people, women, men, and even other countries? Obama may not be the best we've ever had, but do you honestly think he's worst than Bush?

    Even if Obama is on the list of below average or failing presidents, at least he's TRYING! At least most the people who voted him in are still behind him and he has done some things to benefit the poor. Can you name at least 3 things that Bush did that had a long term benefit for the rich or the Republican party?

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  16. #62
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Oh my god, please stop with this race crap. Seriously. It's not funny anymore.
    It's my tiny 2 cents on the "race card".

    Yes, we are ALL humans and we ALL bleed and walk on 2 legs.

    However, no matter what you say, what we do, what is proven, there will ALWAYS be racism and prejudice.
    Racism is so old it's probably older than the Bible! Even if the whole world was mixed, you'd have certain people who would be racist and think they are better than someone else. Prejudice will NEVER leave because it is a psychological process to "generalize". It is simply how our brain takes in information. If 9 out of 10 people I encounter with green eyes are causian, then it's natural for me to say "white people have green eyes." It's the same if 9 out of 10 gangs have hispanic or black members. It's just a natural process.

    I will say this: stereotypes DO have a bit of truth to them. (Being prejudice is basically a racial stereotype).

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  17. #63
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,610
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    73,858 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Christopher, I apologize. I don't think you are a racist, but think you may be a Republican or lean toward the Republican party. The people who are racist are the ones publishing comics about Obama being a monkey, saying, "Can't believe we got a N word president". I did not mean to say you were a racist. I am sorry.

    Thanks, Black Wolf. I appreciate that.

    edit: and no....I'm not Republican or Democrat. I consider myself a moderate independent. I doubt either party would have me since my opinions are all over the place. And I'm fine with that. lol.
    Last edited by Christopher; 07-01-2014 at 23:28.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  18. #64
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Thanks, Black Wolf. I appreciate that.

    edit: and no....I'm not Republican or Democrat. I consider myself a moderate independent. I doubt either party would have me since my opinions are all over the place. And I'm fine with that. lol.
    you sound like a strong dignified man without color.

  19. #65
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,335
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    11,006,090 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    It's my tiny 2 cents on the "race card".

    Yes, we are ALL humans and we ALL bleed and walk on 2 legs.

    However, no matter what you say, what we do, what is proven, there will ALWAYS be racism and prejudice.
    Racism is so old it's probably older than the Bible! Even if the whole world was mixed, you'd have certain people who would be racist and think they are better than someone else. Prejudice will NEVER leave because it is a psychological process to "generalize". It is simply how our brain takes in information. If 9 out of 10 people I encounter with green eyes are causian, then it's natural for me to say "white people have green eyes." It's the same if 9 out of 10 gangs have hispanic or black members. It's just a natural process.

    I will say this: stereotypes DO have a bit of truth to them. (Being prejudice is basically a racial stereotype).
    Just because hatred and stupidity may always exist doesn't mean it's okay to perpetuate it by constantly bringing attention to it. That's like saying violence will always exist so I might as well randomly go around stabbing people.

    And as for the bible, there are a million things older than the bible. The bible isn't that old. At least not in the span of the h o m o sapien time-frame, which is estimated to be between 100-200 thousand years. But that's another topic entirely.

    Generalizing and stereotyping in itself is not necessarily a BIG issue because they are not always used in a negative context. Having said that, I don't agree even with positive stereotypes like "Asians are good at math." It's not that what's being said is inherently bad or good, just the practice of generalizing a group of people is still an inaccurate assumption and inappropriate behavior.

    Racism, on the other hand, is rooted in hatred and ignorance and it's the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another based on nothing more than outward appearances. Making basic observations like "white people have green eyes" is a horrible analogy that is completely unrelated to racism. And even if the statistics show that most gangs have black or Hispanic members in them is completely unrelated to the rest of the people of that racial group as a whole. Just because one is black or Hispanic doesn't make them a criminal or likely gang-affiliated. So you can't take anything away from that statistic and place it on the shoulders of that entire race because that then becomes the issue.

    I will say this: stereotypes DO have a bit of truth to them. (Being prejudice is basically a racial stereotype).
    It's irrelevant if stereotypes have a bit of truth in them or not. And no, being prejudice is not "basically a racial stereotype." Prejudice is defined as a "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience." You can be prejudiced against a number of things, not just a racial group. You can be prejudiced against handicapped people, short people, or even children. It's a broad term that encompasses many things. You can be prejudiced against the Xbox.

    It's unfortunate that we still have racism in this day and age, but ignorance, a lack of education, and improper parenting all play a role. It's unfortunate when children inherit the idiotic beliefs of their parents, but it happens a lot.

    I read a twist on the phrase "we need to build a better world for our children" that seemed more accurate when it said "we need to raise better children for our world." It starts with our kids.

    There's not many things that piss me off more than racism and that's why I go on these rants. There's no excuses for it... there's no justification for it... and no matter how prevalent it may continue to be... it does not deserve any defense whatsoever. I don't care about "human nature." Human beings are different in that we can overcome the stupidity of the ideologies of our families and society and we all [well ... most of us] have the capability of thinking for ourselves and rising above hatred.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-02-2014 at 04:43.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  20. #66
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Just because hatred and stupidity may always exist doesn't mean it's okay to perpetuate it by constantly bringing attention to it. That's like saying violence will always exist so I might as well randomly go around stabbing people.
    But I wasn't being a racist, I was just stating that racism is a reason and big one that people do not like Obama. It is the truth and it has been shown by comics, articles, comments, and everything. It is a reason why people do not like Obama. I am not saying you or Christopher or anyone in this thread is racist, but that there are people and a big number who simply hate Obama because he is black.

    No one is supporting racism, I am not a racist. I did not say racism will always exist so I'll just be a racist too.

    And as for the bible, there are a million things older than the bible. The bible isn't that old. At least not in the span of the h o m o sapien time-frame, which is estimated to be between 100-200 thousand years. But that's another topic entirely.
    Racism existed even in the Bible days, that's how freaking old it is!

    Generalizing and stereotyping in itself is not necessarily a BIG issue because they are not always used in a negative context. Having said that, I don't agree even with positive stereotypes like "Asians are good at math." It's not that what's being said is inherently bad or good, just the practice of generalizing a group of people is still an inaccurate assumption and inappropriate behavior.
    BUT the majority of stereotypes and generalizing happen not to be inaccurate. Black comedians constantly say black people can't swim. Yes, there are black people who CAN swim, but is it not true that MOST black people cannot swim? What is so inaccurate about that?

    What is an appropriate behavior? Could you define that for me? Is killing a deer and thanking the deer for his antlers and meat inappropriate? My point is, although stereotyping and generalizing may not be a DESIRED behavior, it is a NATURAL behavior. We, human beings and even animals, generalize and stereotype because it is how we take in information and even protect ourselves.

    Racism, on the other hand, is rooted in hatred and ignorance and it's the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another based on nothing more than outward appearances. Making basic observations like "white people have green eyes" is a horrible analogy that is completely unrelated to racism. And even if the statistics show that most gangs have black or Hispanic members in them is completely unrelated to the rest of the people of that racial group as a whole. Just because one is black or Hispanic doesn't make them a criminal or likely gang-affiliated. So you can't take anything away from that statistic and place it on the shoulders of that entire race because that then becomes the issue.
    The "white people have green eyes" was actually an example of being prejudice. A racist statement would be "Them $#@!s can't play quarter back, they're too damn stupid."

    I gotta disagree with that about Hispanic and black gang members. No, I am not saying that just because I am black or if I have a black son, he will definitely grow up and join a gang. No. What I am saying, and YES, I am saying this, is black men and Hispanic men are more LIKELY to have gang affiliations or participated in gang activity than a white man. This is TRUE, because of factors like most families in poverty are minority and etc.

    This does not mean all black guys are gang members and all white men are honest and hardworking. This IS however, stating the facts and probabilities.

    It's irrelevant if stereotypes have a bit of truth in them or not. And no, being prejudice is not "basically a racial stereotype." Prejudice is defined as a "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience." You can be prejudiced against a number of things, not just a racial group. You can be prejudiced against handicapped people, short people, or even children. It's a broad term that encompasses many things. You can be prejudiced against the Xbox.
    My bad and apologizes, I should have stated "racial or race prejudice is just stereotyping a race or races". I gotta disagree with prejudice being not based on reason or experience. I think if I see nothing but black gang members around Memphis and come up with an opinion that the gangs of Memphis are mostly black folks, then that is actual experience, no matter how incomplete it may be. (The west side of Memphis might be composed of the Aryan brotherhood, etc.).

    Yes, you can be prejudiced against the Xbox, with statements such as "all the xbox one has is FPS". BUT, if the Xbox One's only major titles were Titan Fall, Halo 5, and the next Gears of War, is it really that far from the truth? No, I am not condoning it and being prejudice, but what I do support is the truth of things.

    It's unfortunate that we still have racism in this day and age, but ignorance, a lack of education, and improper parenting all play a role. It's unfortunate when children inherit the idiotic beliefs of their parents, but it happens a lot.

    I read a twist on the phrase "we need to build a better world for our children" that seemed more accurate when it said "we need to raise better children for our world." It starts with our kids.
    I say we do both, I say we make our children AND the environment better. Of course, that is simply my two cents. Nothing more or less.

    There's not many things that piss me off more than racism and that's why I go on these rants. There's no excuses for it... there's no justification for it... and no matter how prevalent it may continue to be... it does not deserve any defense whatsoever. I don't care about "human nature." Human beings are different in that we can overcome the stupidity of the ideologies of our families and society and we all [well ... most of us] have the capability of thinking for ourselves and rising above hatred.
    I do not defend racism and it's not right to be a racist. I do understand being prejudice and generalizing.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  21. #67
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,335
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    11,006,090 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Is Hilary Clinton going to run for president in 2016?

    I wasn't calling you racist. I'm saying it serves no purpose to point fingers at anyone and make baseless assumptions that THEY are racist. I feel that assuming other people are racist is also a harmful habit that only perpetuates negativity amongst ourselves. I wish people would stop seeing "color" and start seeing people. Cuz that's all everyone is. We're all just people... the same flesh and blood.

    And your opinion of what you think prejudice means doesn't change the definition of prejudice. It doesn't matter if all you grew up around was this belief about certain racial groups because of your narrow, inexperienced view of the world. That still doesn't make your preconceived notions based on inexperience and ignorance from lack of worldliness the truth. You just don't know any better. Like when we're kids and we're told the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause exist. And we believe it due to our ignorance and gullibility, but as we get older, we learn the truth. Fortunately, believing in those two things as children is innocent and not harmful, but if you grow up with family teaching you racist bigotry, there comes a time in your life where you have to look outside the box and question everything... to decide for yourself what's right or wrong. Everyone has the capacity to do that, some just take the easier road and are spiteful, hateful creatures. If I took after some of the beliefs of my immediate family, I'd be a racist d-bag. But I chose to be a free-thinking human being that doesn't separate myself from people based on the trivial nothingness that is outward appearances and generalizations. Everyone is unique.

    And again... the bible isn't that old... but yes... racism has existed long before the bible... and so has slavery.

    And yes... racist people dislike Obama for no other reason than he's black. I've never seen more racist people come out of the woodwork than when Obama became president. All the excrement of civilization openly showed themselves.

    And the truth? The truth is we all need to spread love and understanding in as many places as we can. Love conquers all things. It's powerful. Even though "evil" may always exist, that doesn't mean we can't play our role in keeping the peace.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-02-2014 at 18:04.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  22. #68
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i'd still like to believe that all white people own mobile homes and/or are pill poppers and don't ever borrow money from black people.

  23. #69
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,335
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    11,006,090 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'd still like to believe that all white people own mobile homes and/or are pill poppers and don't ever borrow money from black people.
    Your input is always valued, Sufi.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  24. Likes Omar likes this post
  25. #70
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yayyyy

  26. #71
    Newbie
    Koloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    756 (0 Banked)

    Is Hilary Clinton going to run for president in 2016?

    The problem with the healthcare act is that someone has to pay for it, and the middle class/higher-middle are the ones paying for it.

    You think these $130-$200 (or more) a month tax credits are just written off?

    At the hospital I work at, effective July 1st of this year, our premiums doubled. Family of four was paying $550 a month for Geisinger insurance and now it has raised to $1150 a month. It even affected the single people with no children like myself.

    These "affordable" health insurance prices are fine and dandy for Joe Blow making minimum wage, but at the cost of others increasing premiums. You're pretty much taking from one class to support another. Which is basically... I won't even get started on that.

    Insurance companies have to get their money somehow, now that the AHA is in place.

    The only thing great about this whole premium increase is the Nurses (who are union AND supported Obama AND the AHA) are now getting a dose of reality,

    Oh well.

  27. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
  28. #72
    Newbie
    Koloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    756 (0 Banked)
    Oh, and to all the race baiters.

    There are people who voted for your savior because he is a "minority" and had no clue AND still have no clue what is going on, what he stands for, OR what he is doing.

  29. #73
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,278
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    131,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Oh, and to all the race baiters.

    There are people who voted for your savior because he is a "minority" and had no clue AND still have no clue what is going on, what he stands for, OR what he is doing.
    you really think he doesn't have an idea? lol. sir, you have no idea. the man did exactly what he was put there to do.

    oh and "they" also knew you'd vote for him, at least for the first term. they didn't need you for the second term because obama was going to win minority support (gays/blacks/others).

  30. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
  31. #74
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,620 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you really think he doesn't have an idea? lol. sir, you have no idea. the man did exactly what he was put there to do.

    oh and "they" also knew you'd vote for him, at least for the first term. they didn't need you for the second term because obama was going to win minority support (gays/blacks/others).
    I think what he meant was there are people who voted for him on race alone and know nothing of his promises or what he has done/Not done and still don't, not,Obama himself
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  32. #75
    Newbie
    Koloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    756 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you really think he doesn't have an idea? lol. sir, you have no idea. the man did exactly what he was put there to do.

    oh and "they" also knew you'd vote for him, at least for the first term. they didn't need you for the second term because obama was going to win minority support (gays/blacks/others).

    I never said HE doesn't know what he is doing. I was referring to the people who voted for him. Not saying ALL the people who voted for him, but a good percentage of low information voters.


    He does know exactly what he is doing. Refer to my post regarding the health insurance premiums increasing at my place of employment. That's EXACTLY what he is doing and has caused.

    Or do we just want to forget about that like we forgot about drone strikes in the middle east killing children and women, drones in America, BENGHAZI, fast and furious activity, immigration issues, increasing taxes, constitution destruction, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.


    But I'm a racist so what does facts have to do with anything?

    👍

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.