Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member

It looks like a cool concept and I'll be happy if it just is a great SP campaign and lasts more than 6 hrs. Otherwise it looks pretty damn cool to me. And NO, I don't want every game to have a MP component. If you want to see the kind of experiences I think do it right, look at Bio-shock and Wolfenstein.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM2x View Post
    It looks like a cool concept and I'll be happy if it just is a great SP campaign and lasts more than 6 hrs. Otherwise it looks pretty damn cool to me. And NO, I don't want every game to have a MP component. If you want to see the kind of experiences I think do it right, look at Bio-shock and Wolfenstein.
    exactly! not every game has to have a goddamn multiplayer

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    exactly! not every game has to have a goddamn multiplayer
    but every game could use a little goddamn.

4. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    It kinda is your own fault if you go on and asume something like that from a CGI trailer IMO.. I dont really care about this game one way or the other, but that is my opinion.
    I dont think so since most trailer makers know how to make a trailer giving an idea of the representation of their product. Oh and I believe it was confirmed that was an in engine trailer not CG.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 06-30-2014 at 18:24.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    The E3 demo wasn't that impressive gameplay wise. It looked too scripted.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    The E3 demo wasn't that impressive gameplay wise. It looked too scripted.
    probably because it wasn't gameplay.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I try to hold my judgement of games when little is known.

Last years E3 it looked cool, steampunk as mentioned, Late 19th century London. Had no clue about what game play would be like, if it was SP, MP, Split Screen, whatever. Personally I think there's a $#@! load of Coop stuff coming out so this not being coop wasn't even a concern for me.

I'll call BS on the Gears references. Sorry, but Gears doesn't own the patent to 3rd person shooter w/ a cover system. That to me is just Xbots yapping. And to be honest about it, they're going $#@! and moan about any Exclusives. The better looking they are, the more they're going to $#@! and moan. Just like there will be Sony Fanboys doing the same on Xbox exclusives. I try to stay away of such entrapments.

As for the aspect ratio. I think it would make for a more cinematic environment and I have absolutely no problem with it, as long as the game isn't chalked full of QTE's. I don't mind some QTE's tossed in as finishers on bosses after you've taken them down to near death. That said, we have no idea what the game play is like, and this goes back to the Xbot fanboy'isms.

To be honest, why even bother to listen to them? You know that's all it's going to be until you actually do have live play demo's by the masses.

Personally, I'm still inspired by it at this point.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I dont think so since most trailer makers know how to make a trailer giving an idea of the representation of their product. Oh and I believe it was confirmed that was an in engine trailer not CG.
    Non-gameplay trailer, whatever.. My statement remains the same - You let your preconceptions deceive you.
    Last edited by K2D; 07-01-2014 at 09:35.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Remember the good old days when you actually had to play a game before you could set your opinion in stone as to whether or not a game was good, bad or mediocre?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Remember the good old days when you actually had to play a game before you could set your opinion in stone as to whether or not a game was good, bad or mediocre?
    Father Time has caught up to us...

Be Together - Not the same.

Dedicated Member
    Since when is is a bad thing to play a game that is similar to other games? 98% of games play like other games. All the FPS games are the same and so are RPG games now. There were only a few original games or innovative games in the last 20 years. The cover system was in several games before Gears anyway, so Gears was not new and just another alien/monster shooter. The Order looks like a good TPS and I will enjoy it for what it is. The same comments were made about Uncharted and TLoU. We all know how that turned out.

13. Likes Admartian likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    Since when is is a bad thing to play a game that is similar to other games? 98% of games play like other games. All the FPS games are the same and so are RPG games now. There were only a few original games or innovative games in the last 20 years. The cover system was in several games before Gears anyway, so Gears was not new and just another alien/monster shooter. The Order looks like a good TPS and I will enjoy it for what it is. The same comments were made about Uncharted and TLoU. We all know how that turned out.
    The cover system was not common before Gears, so it wasn't just another alien shooter at the time.

I'm not saying they have to make the gameplay unique, but it looks very basic so far. I'm not exactly convinced Ready At Dawn are that great of a developer, they've only made psp games from previous franchises. However, I really hope that I'm wrong. It would be another great developer under Sony and another new franchise.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

15. Likes Shingo likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Syphon filter, kill.switch where cover based shooters on the ps2. Actually Geow gets a lot of its gameplay mechanics from kill.switch. Gears just popularized it that's all

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    The first hint that the game wasn't being well received for me was one of IGN's early hands on experiences. I can't recall who wrote the piece but they seemed to be expecting a fully complete game, and couldn't figure out how what they were shown became a real game. Since then there's be a lot of criticism suggesting a lot of QTE.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    really? i didn't notice any rants.
    Not necessarily here but other places like IGN, Neogaf and N4G continue to tear limbs.

Also a lot of the E3 previews from various sites were negative around the gameplay aspect.
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 07-01-2014 at 03:31.

Forum Overseer

it's not doing anything revolutionary as far as i can tell but it's definitely looking entertaining. so you know, you will always have haters.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Syphon filter, kill.switch where cover based shooters on the ps2. Actually Geow gets a lot of its gameplay mechanics from kill.switch. Gears just popularized it that's all
    Thats pretty much right Gears just tweaked it a bit.

As for The Order the setting looks interesting its a bummer because with the 4 main characters it makes it seem like it can be a co-op game. Some people do criticizing it for being linear. Im not worried about that I just hope the story campaign is good.
    Playing - Tales of Hearts R,Persona 4 Golden,
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Veteran
    Me and my boys were hyped after the reveal last year. Then we found out its singleplayer and we lost interest. It went from bloody awesome to just it looks alright. Then they started showing those annoying quick time events. Lost more interest. Went from looks alright to ehh.

Want a sure fire way to make people lose some interest in your game? QTEs. I understand games have them, but seriously stop showing them off in teasers, trailers and/or gameplay. It makes people think they will be prominent in game play and nobody likes them. XD

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-01-2014 at 10:51.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer

i like this game mostly because of the animations. i could not stand Gears' animations...that's just $#@!ty. it needs to be smooth and believable.

Thread Information