Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

My PS3 is kicking my PS4's ass

I'm rotating between Borderlands 2 (PS+), LBP Karting (PS+), GTA5, UC3 (PS+), Ni No Kuni ($5 sale), Hot Shots ($5 sale), X-COM (PS+), BF3, Sly Cooper (PS+), ICO, SotC, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Batman: AA, Braid ($1 sale), Telltale games (Jurrasic Park, Sam & whatever else, Back to the Future, Monkey Island all for $1 each for the entire series) and Dark Souls.

On the PS4, it's BF4, Don't Starve and maybe pixeljunk shooter.

i just don't see a reason going on my PS4 other than unlocking attachments on my BF4 weapons lol...which i do enjoy from time to time but it's just not good enough.

Right now i'm playing BL2 again and man, i missed out...trying out a new class berzerker...wow so much fun. this game is like destiny but looks way more fun.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    To be honest I do still wish I had my PS3 but Moto GP 14 is keeping me very happy on the PS4 and I probably won't get off it until TLOU: Remastered comes! But on the odd occasion I do feel like I want to pop back and play on GTA 5 and shame I missed out on GT6 but I am hoping that F1 2014 gets announced soon and very much looking forward to Project Cars which will feed my hunger for some proper car racing games!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'm the opposite. Apart from wanting to start Wolf among us, Brothers, and Puppetteer on PS3; I've been on PS4 swapping games at will (digital download)!

PC and Football Manager is king right now though...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    $#@! i wrote this long reply...gone...anyway gist of it, i don't like DD but for that cheap, it's the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    PC and Football Manager is king right now though...
    what's that?
    Last edited by Omar; 06-30-2014 at 21:28.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    $#@! i wrote this long reply...gone...anyway gist of it, i don't like DD but for that cheap, it's the best thing ever.

what's that?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/231670/

Superior Member
    Lol and people flamed the crap out of me when I said buying a PS4 at launch is money wasted. Sufi, I couldn't agree more with what you're saying here.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

7. Likes 33x , Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    i think next year is really going to change things around for the PS4. right now though, it's great for some people but for someone like me, it's good but not great yet. overall i enjoy the console and don't regret it one bit...unlike the PS3 (cough) but i didn't think i'd have to wait too long. i think it's mostly because i was expecting some games to come sooner.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    Lol and people flamed the crap out of me when I said buying a PS4 at launch is money wasted. Sufi, I couldn't agree more with what you're saying here.
    Sure. BUt it's not true for everybody. Probably not even the majority.

10. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Well my PS3 was handed over to my Son. I hooked it up at 24" Monitor and bought him a cheap Toslink adapter for the audio. The last game I bought on PS3 was TLOU (well besides PS+ buys, which I just get for him.)

Since I don't have a ton of time for games, I've been happy w/ the games I've bought on PS4 (AC IV, BF4 (for my Son), Tomb Raider: DE, Watch Dogs, InFamous SS, PS+/F2Ps: Contrast, Resogun, DCUO, Warframe)

Admittedly I'll be looking for another game after I finish InFAMOUS SS, but there's a few that I'm interested in that are getting down into the bargin bin pricing that are on my 'To Play List', I'll probably pick up KZ:SF next.

Personally I tend to be extremely linear in my game play (i.e. I play a game to it's completion and move on w/o playing other games in between.) If I'm playing another game in between, it has to be something that is social based and without over complex control schemes, games like LBP, Resogun, Most Racing Games.

I know there have been a number of freebies drop on PS+ for the PS3 that I've thought to myself - if there was time between games, I'd play that one. But I stopped playing those after I got my PS4, because I've yet to get into a loll where I'm personally out of things I WANT to play. That said, I've been close to that point, and I do know that I've got a fair amount of content sitting on my (sons) PS3 that I can go play if I do get there.

I'm sure if I played more than I do, I'd have already reached that point, that said, I still buy on average 10-15 games a year. Most casual gamers would consider that a $#@! ton of game play, I know my wife does

12. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I don't see how its money wasted. Even if you don't use it that often. I knew the first year would be slow, but I'm glad I got the purchase out of the way, since I knew I would get one eventually anyway.

Now when the great games start flooding in, I will already have the $400 done and spent. Its not like there is going to be price cut too soon, and even if there is it will be $50 at most. I have already gotten more than $50 worth of entertainment out of the thing.

14. Likes Omar, Admartian , Captncoke49 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    If you were a ps3 only owner last gen it was miserable for the first few years, I forgot about gaming until the last couple years.

With the PS4 im having a lot of fun, therenhas only been 3 days where I havent turned it on a bit since launch. I already inspected the ventholes and foumd dust buildup and am wondering when I should break it down to clean its internals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Overseer
    yeah, i'm sort of in the same boat, just that PS3 is just giving me so much more than PS2 did this late in its life cycle. also don't open up your PS4. just get an air compressed can, just blow all that out.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    If you were a ps3 only owner last gen it was miserable for the first few years, I forgot about gaming until the last couple years.

With the PS4 im having a lot of fun, therenhas only been 3 days where I havent turned it on a bit since launch. I already inspected the ventholes and foumd dust buildup and am wondering when I should break it down to clean its internals.
    I was and wow was it rough. Even though I enjoyed the games I had when I bought one, the other guys were simply getting more and better games at a fast rate. But in the end it proved to hurt them in the long run because they didn't have anything else while the PS3 got on a roll for rest of the gen. Good comeback story. Lol

Master Sage
    I couldn't hold back if I tried, getting a taste of new gaming tech is all I need to make it worth it.

That said this gen has been better for games at launch compared to every other since PS+ hands out a constant flow of games to play.

Dedicated Member
    I know looking at the current games catalog that if i got a ps4 at this point, it'll be mostly sitting there idol collecting dust. Neither would i be using it as a media player because the ps3 simply is a better and more complete media player than ps4 (until future ps4 fw updates). So that is why i've held off on the ps4 and i'm content right now with my ps3. I may consider ps4 around march next year when the order releases.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm rotating between Borderlands 2 (PS+), LBP Karting (PS+), GTA5, UC3 (PS+), Ni No Kuni ($5 sale), Hot Shots ($5 sale), X-COM (PS+), BF3, Sly Cooper (PS+), ICO, SotC, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Batman: AA, Braid ($1 sale), Telltale games (Jurrasic Park, Sam & whatever else, Back to the Future, Monkey Island all for $1 each for the entire series) and Dark Souls.

On the PS4, it's BF4, Don't Starve and maybe pixeljunk shooter.

i just don't see a reason going on my PS4 other than unlocking attachments on my BF4 weapons lol...which i do enjoy from time to time but it's just not good enough.

Right now i'm playing BL2 again and man, i missed out...trying out a new class berzerker...wow so much fun. this game is like destiny but looks way more fun.
    You're comparing PS3 at it's mature stage to a system that JUST got started.

Friendship is Carrots
    The PS3 has years of games under it's belt. The PS4 isn't even a full year old yet. I remember years ago when the Xbox 360 came out I would still commonly play my original Xbox and Gamecube because they had the larger library of games.

The first year or two of a new console is usually dry. This is partly why I haven't gotten a PS4 yet.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

22. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    I don't see how its money wasted. Even if you don't use it that often. I knew the first year would be slow, but I'm glad I got the purchase out of the way, since I knew I would get one eventually anyway.

Now when the great games start flooding in, I will already have the $400 done and spent. Its not like there is going to be price cut too soon, and even if there is it will be $50 at most. I have already gotten more than $50 worth of entertainment out of the thing.
    Not everybody looks at it that way. To some people, having money locked down towards something you know you won't be using often in the near future is not worth it. I recently upgraded my ht speakers, around 1800 usd (paradigm studios), and needed every last bit to fund them, i wouldn't have been able to get them if i had thrown 400 usd towards ps4 at this point. The thing is, i believe that buy a product when you perceive value in it. Right now, looking at the ps4 games and features, i don't perceive the value in it and don't think it would be prudent to have 400 usd locked towards it when i know i won't be using it a lot. Next year might be a different story though.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 07-01-2014 at 04:23.

Forum Sage
    If it's not worth it to you and you haven't gotten one, what exactly is the problem?

Systems never launch with the games they have towards the end of their generation. If you want that to be the case, you should always get a system when it's near it's end, not at it's beginning.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Maybe b/c not everyone thinks like you?

I've been playing my PS4 during the day off and on and when my fiance comes to bed I go in the other room and play my PS3.

I enjoy whatever console the most depending on the game I'm into the most at that time. Has nothing to do whether or not the console has games since I'm going back and forth.

Just depends on what I'm getting into. Right now, MGSV is really making me love the MGS series....so naturally I bought the older MGS games. For that reason I'm enjoying my PS3 a lot.

It goes back and forth.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If it's not worth it to you and you haven't gotten one, what exactly is the problem?

Systems never launch with the games they have towards the end of their generation. If you want that to be the case, you should always get a system when it's near it's end, not at it's beginning.
    lol there's no problem, i'm just replying to a thread discussing the topic. And while playstation consoles having the best games towards the end of the generation might be true, the same isn't true for all consoles. Like, Dreamcast imo had the best launch games of any console and sc is its highest scoring game in its lifetime.

Veteran
    Welcome to the "wonderful" world of the early adopter. Of course the PS3 has more to offer. It's been out far longer.

Wasn't much at the start for the PS3 either when it first released. Hell, any new console really. Games dont appear outta thin air.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-01-2014 at 10:26.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I play a lot more PS3 than PS4 as there is more games out for it and more I want to play (I don't even play PS+ games). It will change in a year or so once PS3 games start to dwindle, but I knew this when I got my PS4 and don't mind.

29. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Superior Member
    I've got plenty to play on my PS4 at the moment that I haven't finished. Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Killzone (still barely touched that), Tomb Raider plus all the free PS+ indies.

Although I've recently acquired Skyrim on my PC so I'm playing with some mods on that.

Can't wait for TLOU remastered and GTA V. Also looking forward to Dragon Age 3, The Witcher 3 and The Division, Drive Club, oh and No Mans Sky looks awesome. It will take me back to the Frontier Elite 2 days of just flying around, exploring and getting into battles!!

My PS3 is at work at the moment, it gets some use at lunch time. I'll never get rid of it.

Veteran
    All I want is Destiny and The Division. Nothing else shown off really jumps out and begs me to play it.

(Edit) oh n Blood Bourne. No Mans Sky is just screaming for Project Morpheus support.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Thread Information