Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    @OP: I'm with you Sufi

Although I have sunk 80 + hours into Don't Starve

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I play a lot more PS3 than PS4 as there is more games out for it and more I want to play (I don't even play PS+ games). It will change in a year or so once PS3 games start to dwindle, but I knew this when I got my PS4 and don't mind.
    Neither do I. This shouldn't be a shocker to anyone. PS3 has hundreds of games. The number of games I still want to play on the PS3 (and Vita, for that matter) outnumber the entire library of games for PS4. Hell....I'm still playing PS2 games. PS4 will take center stage over time, but I have plenty of stuff to play during the inevitable lulls of a first year launch system. Besides.....the games are damn cheap now. That is good considering I'm going to be laying down $60 a pop in 2015 for all the PS4 titles coming out.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i realize that PS3 is in mature years and PS4 is still new, not saying it's a fair comparison (especially since i don't own a lot of PS4 games other than BF4) i'm just laying it down as it is, for me personally.

it's actually more of a surprise than anything. because up until now, i wasn't playing my PS3 even as much as i do now. i threw away my PS2 after i got PS3 (and regretted it a bit).

i'm just saying that i'm getting a lot of cheap deals of games that are just extremely valuable compared to what PS4 has to offer at the moment.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    If you were a ps3 only owner last gen it was miserable for the first few years, I forgot about gaming until the last couple years.

With the PS4 im having a lot of fun, therenhas only been 3 days where I havent turned it on a bit since launch. I already inspected the ventholes and foumd dust buildup and am wondering when I should break it down to clean its internals.
    I suppose that a 'to each is own' comment is in order here.

That said, every successive gen has a weak first 1-2yrs period. Some weaker than others.

I bought my PS3 1yr after the launch, and I will most definitely say it had a weak set of games with a few good ones tossed in. But 2008 (2nd full year) had a decent set of games behind it.

Personally, I see the PS4 launch as having better games already, and if not to your liking, the Indies and F2Ps keeps you busy.

If I were on a real budget, I'd probably have waited, and kept playing games on the PS3. Even buying the majority of the games I have on the PS4 on the PS3 and living with the lower graphic fidelity.

The fact that this gen has a lot more cross platform though has done a couple things that I think everyone should be happy about.

1.) Allowed Last Gen. console owners to stay on the system if they want for a while and still get the majority of the latest games.

2.) Have more good quality series games available early in the life cycle of the Current Gen console

3.) Let the gamers know, that just because a new gen has been released, the existing gen won't be immediately dismissed.

This along with a much lower launch price points have lead to even better launch sales than previous generations have done.

That said, I think the launch line-up stands well against last gen, the 2nd Holiday window (this holiday) looks better than last gen's 2nd Holiday window. And it was the 3rd Holiday window (end of 2nd year) that last gen really came into it's own, and everything I saw from E3 says they're on track to do it again.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    exactly

Master Guru
    So what you're saying is there's still a lot left to play on the PS3? I feel the same way. It's going to take time before the PS4 picks up steam. Right now it's a multiplat console to me as i've already played the exclusives i want to play. Besides The Last of Us remaster and DriveClub there isn't anything that exciting in the immediate future for me.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i realize that PS3 is in mature years and PS4 is still new, not saying it's a fair comparison (especially since i don't own a lot of PS4 games other than BF4) i'm just laying it down as it is, for me personally.

it's actually more of a surprise than anything. because up until now, i wasn't playing my PS3 even as much as i do now. i threw away my PS2 after i got PS3 (and regretted it a bit).

i'm just saying that i'm getting a lot of cheap deals of games that are just extremely valuable compared to what PS4 has to offer at the moment.
    There is no way a new console can compete with that. Getting a new console at launch has it's benefits but you've got to wait for the console to mature to see a big library of games and deals like those.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    There is no way a new console can compete with that. Getting a new console at launch has it's benefits but you've got to wait for the console to mature to see a big library of games and deals like those.
    i agree with that and i don't expect it. it's more to do with, i wasn't expecting the PS3 to really get like....wayyyyyy better after PS4 launched.

i guess that also has to do with PS+

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The PS3 feels so incredibly slow now that I can't bring myself to use mine anymore. Everything is painfully slow.

11. Likes Gers likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    The PS3 feels so incredibly slow now that I can't bring myself to use mine anymore. Everything is painfully slow.
    but you're also Lethal so I understand lol.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Not everybody looks at it that way. To some people, having money locked down towards something you know you won't be using often in the near future is not worth it. I recently upgraded my ht speakers, around 1800 usd (paradigm studios), and needed every last bit to fund them, i wouldn't have been able to get them if i had thrown 400 usd towards ps4 at this point. The thing is, i believe that buy a product when you perceive value in it. Right now, looking at the ps4 games and features, i don't perceive the value in it and don't think it would be prudent to have 400 usd locked towards it when i know i won't be using it a lot. Next year might be a different story though.
    And to some people, getting the first taste of the new console is worth it. I have been an early adopter with all of the playstation, never regret it once nor do I think money is "wasted". Then again, I guess it depends on your income and financial situation. I am married, got a mortgage and car loan to paid for, but I still wouldn't say it's money wasted for being an early adopters.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Superior Member
    Dunno why I was so hell bent on getting a PS4 on release because I havnt played a game on ps4 that i didnt have on PS3
    09/10 and 10/11 PSU Forum Fantasy Premier League Winner
    London Wolves/To Hell We Ride

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    not me, i haven't regretted one iota about switching over, the only game i miss is dark souls 2, but other then that i've moved on. when it comes to next gen, i don't keep the older systems, i move on full steam ahead and dont look back!

Extreme Poster
    i just want to be clear, i don't regret getting it one bit, although i'm a bit disappointed that a game that was promised to be out by launch still hasn't been out yet. i'm surprised that i'm still playing my PS3 more than my PS4. that's essentially what the thread is about.

at this moment, i wish my PS3 to be my PS4 because i would love the ability to quickly go back and forth while the game loads. PS3 just feels very one dimensional. you can't just put on a game and check messages while it's loading.

heck i was checking people's in-game (not in-game xmb)...in-game profile while my GTA 5 online was loading up a location, and it froze...because i guess i should not have gone there first lol. stupid $#@! like that is annoying.

so i love the PS4 more than anything, i just wish i had something on it that i played constantly. just happens so the PS3 went up high in quality and value in the recent months after i got a PS+ and PSN deals...you just can't beat it...even with all its downfalls compared to the PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Aren't droughts expected though? Every new system is slow in its first year unless it's called Dreamcast or PS2. PS2 had a bunch of games released after PS3 which kept me going back to it. Pretty much why I'm waiting 3 or 4 years for a slim. I wouldve done it with the PS3 but wanted dat backwards compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information