Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Best headphones in your opinion

I really want some good quality headphones which has amazing sound, maybe a dumb question but are beats by dr.dre one of the best ?
    Hope not because they are damn expensive where i live
    "Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everyone fucking except for you! So don't tell me I would be safer with somebody else, because the truth is I would just be more scared." Ellie , The Last Of Us

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Beats are overpriced garbage and have only reached the level they're at by good marketing. They are so far away from being the "best" they're not even on the list of decent headphones. BOSS is also a pretty subpar brand that's gotten by with good marketing and not by sound quality, IMO.

Could you be more specific in regards to what you're looking for? Do you want over hear? On ear? In ear? Bluetooth? Noise cancelling?

I'm a bit biased toward Sennheiser myself ... and Grado Labs. I've also had good experiences with Audio-Technica and AKG.

What's your price range?
    "Courage is the key to life.

Forum Sage
    Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506 if you want something inexpensive. For something more comfortable, Sony MDR-7510.

Elite Sage

Best headphones in your opinion

Sennheiser HD25-1 II are my weapons of choice. A bit pricy I paid around 180 for mind a few years ago but they're bomb proof and sound perfect. Also go deafeningly loud. I typically use mine for DJing but they're so good I use them for everything from commuting to being at gym.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Last edited by BBK..; 07-01-2014 at 08:06.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'm a bit biased toward Sennheiser myself ... and Grado Labs. I've also had good experiences with Audio-Technica and AKG.

What's your price range?
    Hehe 4 of my fav on/over ear brands, tho I will admit Im just ever so slightly more biased towards AKG over Senn myself.

Agreed, an idea of the style your looking for (on,over,in ear, with or without mic, wired/wireless) and a rough price range would really help to narrow things down. As for beats?.... They wouldnt even make it into my top 50 list and they probably cost more then 40 out of those 50.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-01-2014 at 11:03.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Since you've given us no price range, I assume you don't look at price first, but at quality?

Not sure though.
    Nonetheless, I don't know either whether you'll use them for PC/Console or for your phone/music player?
    Here's my choice (currently both in use).

PC/Console - Logitech G35 or G903. Depends, whether or not you prefer cable. I've had both. The G35's earcubs broke twice on me, then went for the G903. It's a nifty one, basically the same but wireless. Only problem I have (probably as I'm literally next to my own router which causes interference sometimes) is that my headset often reconnects itself to the adapter, meaning the settings you've put in are mostly 'reset' and that sucks when you're halfway a game. Other than that, no problems with it, a full charge lets you use the headset for about 8/10 hours, depending on the volume and settings I guess.

Phone/Music player - Pioneer HDJ 2000 (Black Edition). I've started off a couple of years ago with the HDJ 1000 series, but sadly enough they went out the stores nearby so I decided to order a new version. Wasn't too sure about it first, but after I got it and played music upon it with my phone, I was definitely hooked and more than happy that I got these. The price can be a sting in the pocket, not going to lie, but in my eyes the price's worth the quality. I've tried a few other brands in the past and they broke really fast/easy (e.g. wire broken, earcub broken...) (I've used Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Phillips and Sony) and even though they were not as expensive as this one, they died way too quick in my eyes to throw the same amount of money at 2/3 times a year so I decided to go up a couple ranges and get decent headphones.

About beats? Well... Personally I think beats is an overhyped thing... I'm not so sure that the quality's actually that amazing, even though I've never tested them. They don't look nice, they're way too expensive for what it is I think... It's a matter of choice, really. If you'd prefer (to try) beats, go for it. If you don't want to throw money at something that isn't worth it, see if you can test them first if someone around you (or a stand in the shop) has them. Just test them out with a couple of songs you often listen to right now (of your favorite genre) and you'll instantly know whether or not you want them. I'd say, search around for a few headphones you think are interesting and post them here? We could help you have a look at them

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    About beats? Well... Personally I think beats is an overhyped thing... I'm not so sure that the quality's actually that amazing, even though I've never tested them. They don't look nice, they're way too expensive for what it is I think... It's a matter of choice, really. If you'd prefer (to try) beats, go for it. If you don't want to throw money at something that isn't worth it, see if you can test them first if someone around you (or a stand in the shop) has them. Just test them out with a couple of songs you often listen to right now (of your favorite genre) and you'll instantly know whether or not you want them. I'd say, search around for a few headphones you think are interesting and post them here? We could help you have a look at them
    The reason they're garbage is because the headphones themselves are of extremely low sound quality... and they try to compensate for this by having extreme bass... and bass-y music is what these headphones are aimed at, but they're not even good at serving their intended purpose... and they're certainly not worth their price tag. They've brainwashed people with their "cool factor" marketing. If you have some, you're cool. If I see someone with them I just imagine they're tone deaf with money to throw away.

Elite Sage

I'm telling you. These are the ones you want. All substance, no style. But you'll get the odd nod of approval from someone in the know.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/dj-headp...reo-hd-25-1-ii

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Apple has bought the Beats brand. Says it all really.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Apple has bought the Beats brand. Says it all really.
    And these kinds of comments I can miss... I don't see why people have to talk bad about Apple when Apple doesn't even have anything in common with the question. Beats is still a separate part, not just Apple. Apple doesn't make the headphones, Beats does. Why involve Apple in this?

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Elite Sage

Cause Apple are all about image.

$#@!, I have an iPhone and even i hate Apple as a company. Watch them release some headphones and act like they are the first ones ever created.

12. Likes Admartian likes this post
    gooby pls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I would avoid beats and skullcandy as both are overpriced for what you get, I would recommend looking at Sony or Bose headphones, always hear really good things about the latter!

Thank you all for the posts and suggestions, but yeah sorry for not being more clearer, i wand sound canceling and good bass and something that can be used for both gaming and music, you all have come up with so many ideas really hard to choose haha,but the price range doesnt matter really but as said i choose quality over price , hope this narrows down a little oh and it has to be a product that lasts
    "Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everyone fucking except for you! So don't tell me I would be safer with somebody else, because the truth is I would just be more scared." Ellie , The Last Of Us

Selected Members Council
    I use Sennheiser as well. Good quality.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumseeker View Post
    Thank you all for the posts and suggestions, but yeah sorry for not being more clearer, i wand sound canceling and good bass and something that can be used for both gaming and music, you all have come up with so many ideas really hard to choose haha,but the price range doesnt matter really but as said i choose quality over price , hope this narrows down a little oh and it has to be a product that lasts
    If price doesn't matter, then get these: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/dynamic-...und-ear-hd-800

Haha i know i said i didnt have a price range but 1500 $? Come on haha

Veteran
    That's what happens when you don't specify a set range of how much your willing to spend.. Lol

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumseeker View Post
    Haha i know i said i didnt have a price range but 1500 $? Come on haha
    Gotta be more specific then.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Cause Apple are all about image.

$#@!, I have an iPhone and even i hate Apple as a company. Watch them release some headphones and act like they are the first ones ever created.
    You know fully well,they intend to do,that now that they got beats.

Skullcandy best bang for buck

on tap a talk on LG g2 and I suck at typing on phones so forgive my typo errors.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Sennheiser are damned good but often their cbles and connectors are a bit ropey.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Sennheiser are damned good but often their cbles and connectors are a bit ropey.
    YOU'RE a bit ropey.

On a serious note, the thicker cord is for better sound quality.

Elite Sage

I think he means ropey as in a bit dodgy.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Well that word has dual meanings ... it can mean strong and rope-like... or utterly crappy. o_O

I haven't had any issues with the cords, though I do feel the size of the cords is a bit ridiculous at times.

Elite Sage

Don't you just love the English language!

The cord on my senny was a bit dodgy for the right speaker but I opened it up and tightened it and it works fine now.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Don't you just love the English language!
    It's just fantastic:

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
    2. The farm was used to produce produce.
    3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
    4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
    5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
    7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
    8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
    9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    10. I did not object to the object.
    11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.
    13. They were too close to the door to close it.
    14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
    15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
    16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
    18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
    19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
    20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
    21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Thread Information