Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Beats are overpriced garbage and have only reached the level they're at by good marketing. They are so far away from being the "best" they're not even on the list of decent headphones. BOSS is also a pretty subpar brand that's gotten by with good marketing and not by sound quality, IMO.

Could you be more specific in regards to what you're looking for? Do you want over hear? On ear? In ear? Bluetooth? Noise cancelling?

I'm a bit biased toward Sennheiser myself ... and Grado Labs. I've also had good experiences with Audio-Technica and AKG.

What's your price range?
    Yeah, nobody with a good sense of audio quality buys Beats. I'd say Audio-Technica, Sennheiser or AKG too. This post is pretty good at outlining the best headphones in my opinion (and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x is amazing): Headphones Unboxed But I guess in the end everything depends on your price range like the others are saying.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Posted this before;
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Phone/Music player - Pioneer HDJ 2000 (Black Edition). I've started off a couple of years ago with the HDJ 1000 series, but sadly enough they went out the stores nearby so I decided to order a new version. Wasn't too sure about it first, but after I got it and played music upon it with my phone, I was definitely hooked and more than happy that I got these. The price can be a sting in the pocket, not going to lie, but in my eyes the price's worth the quality. I've tried a few other brands in the past and they broke really fast/easy (e.g. wire broken, earcub broken...) (I've used Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Phillips and Sony) and even though they were not as expensive as this one, they died way too quick in my eyes to throw the same amount of money at 2/3 times a year so I decided to go up a couple ranges and get decent headphones.
    Here's an image/some more info!
    Pioneer HDJ-2000(-K)

• 6.3 mm 3P plug adaptor (gold-plated, threaded type)
    • Lightweight magnesium design
    • Protein leather surface with memory foam padding
    • Type - Fully enclosed dynamic headphone
    • Driver Units - 50 mm dome type
    • Plug - 3.5 mm 3P mini-plug (gold-plated, threaded type)
    • Cord - 1.2-m long one-side connection coiled type (extended length 3 m)
    • Weight (without cord) - 290g
    • Frequency Response - 5 - 30,000 Hz
    • Impedance - 36 Ohm
    • Maximum Input Power - 3.500 mW
    • Output Sound Level - 107 dB/mW

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/44/1975/33649/HDJ-2000-K/page.html

This is a special edition that was made from these headphones. I wanted to get these, but when I found the black ones I prefered those as they look better imo Can tell you I've been satisfied ever since. They're expensive, but definitely worth the price if you ask me. Quality is really nice, they're very comfortable when wearing (even after an hour or 2), they cancel out the noise around you very good so you won't be bothered with cries/tears from people around you!

Ive decided on going with sennheiser , most of you reccomended that brand ,thank you all for the help
    "Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everyone fucking except for you! So don't tell me I would be safer with somebody else, because the truth is I would just be more scared." Ellie , The Last Of Us

http://www.elko.is/elko/is/vorur/Yfir_eyra1.ecl
    these are my options maybe you could narrow things down for me, really don't know much about headphones , it would be great if you could check out the link
    oh and I've decided on not going with the bottom 9 headphones
    Last edited by platinumseeker; 07-03-2014 at 18:15.
    "Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everyone fucking except for you! So don't tell me I would be safer with somebody else, because the truth is I would just be more scared." Ellie , The Last Of Us

Veteran
    Havnt tried the momentums but the HD558s I have and like very much. They are open backed notsealed and provide a nice wide sound stage with nice sound seperation. Very good for gaming. However due to them not being sealed back their is sound leakage out the back so others will hear them when your wearing them.

Negatives, headset does not come with a mic (lleast mine didnt), but the cable is detachable/replaceable so you can order a cable with a mic. Also the plug has a 6.3mm plug so you would have to use the included 3.5mm adapter.

The HD518s are another solid open backed option for a bit less. Similar sound, Same negatives. To be totally honest had I to do it over again, I'd probably go for the 518s. While the 558s are better the 518s are a better overall price-performance value at around $50or so less imho

Go for the Hello Kitty
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-03-2014 at 21:25.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those Sennheiser Momentums look real nice, seen a few reviews of them and they score well, just not tried them on my head to know how the feel comfort wise or sound.

Veteran
    Yeah I been eyeing them as well. I just cant justify to myself why I need yet another set of $200 cans.. It's been a tough internal struggle and sofar common sense is wining. Haha

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-03-2014 at 21:44.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Sennheiser are damned good but often their cbles and connectors are a bit ropey.
    I agree. It's like having an awesome car but on space-saver tyres.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Sennheiser are damned good but often their cbles and connectors are a bit ropey.
    Agreed. Had this problem as well often when buying Sennheiser headphones. They died pretty quick due to the weak cables/connectors... Result: I got myself a little bit up the price range and found the Pioneer headphones, DJ headphones with a fat, long wire! It's not fully stretched, but it's the quality I like. Wires haven't broken ONCE on me, only the headphones themselves after a long life duration (read: long life for me)

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Apple has bought the Beats brand. Says it all really.
    The same consumers buying over priced phones were also buying over priced headphones to match.
    Good business move if you ask me.

I'd suggest:
    Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506
    or
    PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset - personal favourite in my entire collection, these deserve a greater recognition as a pure audio headphone they are fantastic.
    Last edited by mickice; 07-06-2014 at 16:01.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Overpriced phones? You mean the ones that cost the same as every other smart phone in its price range? Why is that argument still being used?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Overpriced phones? You mean the ones that cost the same as every other smart phone in its price range? Why is that argument still being used?
    When did apple products cost the same as their technical counterparts?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    When did apple products cost the same as their technical counterparts?
    I'm talking about their phones. It's pretty specific what we're talking about.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I'm talking about their phones. It's pretty specific what we're talking about.
    My statement didn't exclude iphones. They're way over-priced here.

Veteran
    My statement didn't exclude iphones. They're way over-priced here.
    They cost the same as any other flagship smartphone that's released here.

Thats why the old arguement "people who cant afford an iPhone buy an Android phone" always bothered the hell outta me.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    They cost the same as any other flagship smartphone that's released here.

Thats why the old arguement "people who cant afford an iPhone buy an Android phone" always bothered the hell outta me.
    Top of the line? Yes. Technical equivalent? No.

That argument isn't sound due to the reasoning. Iphones are still overpriced. Also, some Android phones are overpriced too.
    Last edited by Naxi; 07-06-2014 at 23:12.

Veteran
    Smartphones are overpriced. Hell, cellphones in general have always been overpriced. Apple isn't the only culprit.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-06-2014 at 23:13.

Administrator

Best headphones in your opinion

Top of the line? Yes. Technical equivalent? No.

That argument isn't sound due to the reasoning. Iphones are still overpriced. Also, some Android phones are overpriced too.
    That wasn't the point being made. They're the same price as their competitors. Whether you find smartphones to be overpriced or not isn't the issue that was being brought up.

I don't know what point you're making with "technical counterparts." Apple releases a new phone every year to match the competition. So does every other smartphone company.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-07-2014 at 01:01.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    That wasn't the point being made. They're the same price as their competitors. Whether you find smartphones to be overpriced or not isn't the issue that was being brought up.

I don't know what point you're making with "technical counterparts." Apple releases a new phone every year to match the competition. So does every other smartphone company.
    The term used was overpriced, not most expensive. Just because there are similarly priced products, doesn't exempt it from being overpriced. Google has been able to come out with high-end phones without the ridiculous pricetag.

Administrator
    The term used was overpriced, not most expensive. Just because there are similarly priced products, doesn't exempt it from being overpriced. Google has been able to come out with high-end phones without the ridiculous pricetag.
    Yes, let's debate semantics and opinions over a word.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Yes, let's debate semantics and opinions over a word.
    Debate what? Overpriced doesn't have any other definition. It's charging more than it's worth. Apple is infamous with that, you're paying for a brand. It doesn't mean their products are bad though.

Administrator
    That's entirely your opinion, is the point.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    That's entirely your opinion, is the point.
    http://www.zdnet.com/a-849-64gb-ipho...ld-7000021175/

I doubt anyone actually considers that reasonably priced.

Veteran
    How is that any different from the devices offered from any other manufacturer?

Most people have no idea what their phones really cost because they but subsidized.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    How is that any different from the devices offered from any other manufacturer?

Most people have no idea what their phones really cost because they but subsidized.

It's still more than the competition.

E: Okay, it's gone off-topic long enough. I'll leave it at that.

Thread Information