Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cos i dont want $#@! indie, lil half fake ass unimpressive games for my frigging so called next gen console, THATS WHY YOU $#@!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

2. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    There's nothing called an "AAA" game. It's just a fanboy made term. There's no set parameter on what actually qualifies as an "AAA" game.
    shut-up

and the problem is that the big guys aren't trying anything new (successfully) It's just sequel after sequel of whats been established and re-boots, and indies................ that only goes so far
    Last edited by D3seeker; 07-04-2014 at 10:17.

Veteran
    I dont get why its so hard to understand. People want some justification as to why they just threw down or why they should throw down $500+ or $600+ for a new console. (System + 1 game + online service + tax)

All these indy games are fine an danday but you cant tell me they werent possible on last gen consoles. Then even the "next gen" AAA titles (COD, Assassins Creed, Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid, Destiny etc..) Are all available or will be available on last gen consoles aswell. Then add the last gen remakes on top of that.

People want reasons to own the new consoles. Its not that they want JUST AAA titles, they just dont want to be bombarded with nothing but non AAA titles, indies and remakes.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-05-2014 at 21:17.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member
    Why do exclusives need to be AAA titles or indie titles?

wipEout HD, LittleBigPlanet, Echocrome, Motorstorm, SOCOM, Ratchet & Clank, weren't either of those. Just exclusives that people wanted to play.
    Platinum/100%: -Fallout 3- -Call of Duty: World at War- -Bioshock- -Modern Warfare 2- -Bioshock 2- -Bioshock: Infinite- -Call of Duty: Black Ops-

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I dont get why its so hard to understand. People want some justification as to why they just threw down or why they should throw down $500+ or $600+ for a new console. (System + 1 game + online service + tax)

All these indy games are fine an danday but you cant tell me they werent possible on last gen consoles. Then even the "next gen" AAA titles (COD, Assassins Creed, Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid, Destiny etc..) Are all available or will be available on last gen consoles aswell. Then add the last gen remakes on top of that.

People want reasons to own the new consoles. Its not that they want JUST AAA titles, they just dont want to be bombarded with nothing but non AAA titles, indies and remakes.
    it's very possible they weren't possible on last gen consoles. it's a very contextual statement.

the game developers that want to make the game, would not have made the game on last-gen consoles due to resources etc. it's easier to make games on the PS4, it also gives a lot of resources to the developer.

that's not to say that the game itself wouldn't be possible...maybe in some watered down form, it may be but the point is if the dev wants to make it for it or not.

that is why a bunch of these games aren't out on the PS3/360, when they could easily port it correct?

Veteran
    For many, not all mind you I feel it was a choice not to. I dont see why a game like styder, mercenery kings, dont starve etc couldnt be made on last gen consoles. The devs chose not to. The PS4 is easier to code for since it's more traditional pc based and that factors into why they chose one and not both. Doesnt take away the fact that they could've been. Thats all im saying.

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy having and playing them on my PS4. I would however like more games that clearly are for the current gen consoles.

The PS4 is selling in record numbers, but this is a big factor as to what is holding alot of people back from jumping oboard. Its nothing new honestly. Im an early adopter every gen. It kind if goes with the territory. Lol

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    This makes sense, and i agree with him.

I really don't know why people crave AAA titles all the time. Personally, smaller indie games that are easy to jump in and mess around in for 30-40 mins are freaking mega while you wait for the next AAA title that (let's face it) you'll finish in a weekend (the single player story at least) and only comes around every few months.

Indies aren't pressured to hit sales targets, review scores or any other kind of useless BS by publishers. Indie titles usually have better gameplay than AAA titles who merely copy what works off of each other.

Sony could do themselves a solid and price the indie titles better though. they're competing with casuals here and they can get this stuff (admittedly not as high quality) on their 'tablets' *scoffs*.

Speaking of Nintendo, Splatoon looked spectacular!
    That is exactly it, indies are mostly seen as appetizers in-between larger releases. I have a few dozens indie titles on my PS3, and I love all of them, but in no way would I have gotten a PS3 just to play them.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Indies aren't pressured to hit sales targets, review scores or any other kind of useless BS by publishers. Indie titles usually have better gameplay than AAA titles who merely copy what works off of each other.
    To be very fair - Indie developers for the most part aren't making considerable efforts to break the mold, either. Sure there's Fez, Amnesia, Super Meat Boy, and a couple others, but beyond that - what else is there beyond a bunch of games that try to be NES/SNES games?

Not attacking you or Indie developers, but a lot of devs seem to like to sell themselves on the nostalgia factor.
    Platinum/100%: -Fallout 3- -Call of Duty: World at War- -Bioshock- -Modern Warfare 2- -Bioshock 2- -Bioshock: Infinite- -Call of Duty: Black Ops-

10. Likes RedOrb_Collector likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Cos i dont want $#@! indie, lil half fake ass unimpressive games for my frigging so called next gen console, THATS WHY YOU $#@!!
    I really don't understand why you're a mod here, to be honest. Never did.

You're hardly ever coherent, and you just ramble immaturely and with whole bunch of blustering, self-censorship.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    That is exactly it, indies are mostly seen as appetizers in-between larger releases. I have a few dozens indie titles on my PS3, and I love all of them, but in no way would I have gotten a PS3 just to play them.
    Pretty much sums it up for me aswell. I thuroughly enjoyed many of the indy titles last gen and this current gen. I however didn't buy either console because of them nor would them not existing have kept me from buying the consoles. No AAA titles tho would stop me. Kind of why Its been solong since I've purchased a nintendo console, BUT I DO want the upcoming Zelda BADLY. XD

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Pretty much sums it up for me aswell. I thuroughly enjoyed many of the indy titles last gen and this current gen. I however didn't buy either console because of them nor would them not existing have kept me from buying the consoles. No AAA titles tho would stop me. Kind of why Its been solong since I've purchased a nintendo console, BUT I DO want the upcoming Zelda BADLY. XD

Nintendo has AAA games. Most of their typical franchises are.

They just lack a steady output because they don't have a lot of teams, and what they do have are split between handheld and console.

You get a Nintendo console and you know you are in for quality. Just...a lot of drought time too. They made a mistake with the Wii. They raked in a ton of cash and they could have re-invested it into themselves to create more studios or acquire more independent ones. That would have helped them immensely.

Forum Overseer
    For many, not all mind you I feel it was a choice not to. I dont see why a game like styder, mercenery kings, dont starve etc couldnt be made on last gen consoles. The devs chose not to. The PS4 is easier to code for since it's more traditional pc based and that factors into why they chose one and not both. Doesnt take away the fact that they could've been. Thats all im saying.

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy having and playing them on my PS4. I would however like more games that clearly are for the current gen consoles.

The PS4 is selling in record numbers, but this is a big factor as to what is holding alot of people back from jumping oboard. Its nothing new honestly. Im an early adopter every gen. It kind if goes with the territory. Lol

don't starve isn't possible on last gen because of how big the game is. have you seen the size of that game?

stryder is already on last gen. mercenary kings isn't but i'm sure they could've...just that it would've cost them a lot more money to port it...so they don't want to do it.

Veteran
    Dont starve is coming to the Vita so I doubt it couldnt be made for PS3 if they wanted to. Cant wait for it to release for vita. Damn game is brutally addicting Lol
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-05-2014 at 22:09.

Forum Overseer
    Dont starve is coming to the Vita so I doubt it couldnt be made for PS3 if they wanted to. Cant wait for it to release for vita. Damn game is brutally addicting Lol
    you might be right about that...then again, Vita doesn't have HD visuals and doesn't need the extra bells and whistles. if it isn't that, it's the development costs. last-gen consoles are difficult to develop for.

Master Guru
    I can kind of see where Yoshida is coming from. It's all about those AAA games at the end of the day but i think most of us enjoy a mix of games. Whether they're big budget or not, score high or not. If a game is great it's great. Doesn't matter if it's AAA or an indie game to me. Give me something fresh, give me something that's going to keep me engaged for hours on end. That's all i care about.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style

You're hardly ever coherent, and you just ramble immaturely and with whole bunch of blustering, self-censorship.
    Well, i am. So deal with it.

Sorry that i dont conform or bow down to Sony or am unhappy with the lack of games thus far.

Good day to you.

Veteran
    Nintendo has AAA games. Most of their typical franchises are.

They just lack a steady output because they don't have a lot of teams, and what they do have are split between handheld and console.

You get a Nintendo console and you know you are in for quality. Just...a lot of drought time too. They made a mistake with the Wii. They raked in a ton of cash and they could have re-invested it into themselves to create more studios or acquire more independent ones. That would have helped them immensely.
    Sorry. Should've corrected myself. Their lack of AAA games that are of any interest to me is whats kept me from buying a NIN console over the years. All Nintendo really has that I care about anymore is Zelda and maybe a REAL Pokemon console game if they ever decided to use their brains and finally make that. Nintendo makes quality games, but their just too kid centric for me personally. Was great when I was a kid, but that was a looong time ago. Lol

Last edited by faaeng; 07-10-2014 at 13:52.

Forum Overseer

PSU is open to all sorts of persons with disabilities, i think you owe an apology.

21. Likes 33x likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    PSU is open to all sorts of persons with disabilities, i think you owe an apology.
    Ouch SUFI

23. Likes Omar likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Lmao I bout spit up my cereal.

25. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Ouch SUFI
    i'm just $#@!ing around man lol.
    Lmao I bout spit up my cereal.

see, this is why i come here. everyday.

Elite Member
    33x hit the nail right on the head tbh...

You played up all this "long-time development process" and "getting in touch with the gamers" to throw all this powerful hardware inside the PS4 so we can play...shmups? 8-bit graphics beat 'em ups? PS3 games less than 3 years old "remastered"?...

At the same time, tho, I also understand where Shuhei is coming from...but that's only because, to me, a AAA game has always meant "the more popular games" instead of just referring to the resources that were put into making them...don't ask me why lol...

28. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    this is a tactical statement. he's not necessarily saying that there will be less AAA games, he's just trying to get people to try indies more. he's trying to start a dialogue so people work things out and try some of these smaller games.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I wish more people would too.. The coop/competetive play I've had with this months ps+ update.. the 8-bit shmup if you will .. has been the best I've had this last year. Even when including Mario Kart 8.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    I also understand where Shuhei is coming from...but that's only because, to me, a AAA game has always meant "the more popular games" instead of just referring to the resources that were put into making them...don't ask me why lol...
    I know why - media hyperbole.

I'm sure many people tell you "you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers or listen to on the news". Too many distorted facts and making things bigger than they really are. In this case the media distorted the true meaning of AAA and blew it out of proportion so much that it has made the term "AAA" 100% confusing to everyone outside of the media.

32. Likes Suzano-O, Christopher likes this post

Thread Information