Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I got a WiiU last night :)))

Unfortunately, it was getting late before I could fire it up so I haven't had a chance to play any games. I got the MarioU/LuigiU bundle which is pretty slick.

I managed to get everything set up and check out all the features, though. I am very impressed with how simple and straightforward the design is. I'm also very impressed with the fact you can get rewards for providing feedback through Club Nintendo. That's a very quality touch that shows Nintendo is in touch with their fanbase like that. I'm also quite happy with the social features of the WiiU. Between the Friend List and the Miiverse, there's a real active community you can access through the console that seems like a nicer touch than the Facebook integration features of the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I like the Facebook features but so far, it seems like Nintendo had a little better forethought on connecting their WiiU community rather than relying on the gamer to reach their own community through a console.

My one gripe about the system so far is that the interface between the pad and the console sometimes gets unresponsive. For instance, I have to hit the exit button a few times to exit the store for some reason. Hopefully, performance will improve with updates, so that's a very minor gripe for an overall good package. I really think the WiiU has received unnecessary criticism from people a lot like the PS3 did when it came out. This is a very good system with few cons. It's also enough off the beaten path with the controller and exclusive games to make it the Jelly to the PS4s Peanut Butter in that regard.

My Nintendo ID is Lefein (big surprise). I only have the Mario/Luigi game for now because the Gamestop I bought the system from did not have a pro pad. I'll likely scoop up a copy of MK8 and a pro pad tonight or tomorrow, though. I know we don't have a large community of WiiU owners here, but feel free to add me! I kind of get a warm and fuzzy feeling owning a Nintendo again. Some of those games they announced at E3 looked way too good to pass on, so here I am!

2. Likes John Willaford, Admartian likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I will definitely add you! Unless you add me first. It's DarkVincent07 but comes up as Jim cause that's me lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Welcome to the Wii U hype train! Was the bundle you got one with a Mario hat or just the Mario game? They were doing those over here in the UK which were cool, but mightily expensive. But still.. I so wanted that hat.

I've been really impressed with my Wii U since I bought. My only gripe is that I haven't had enough time to play it! Oh and it doesn't have an ethernet adapter built in; you need to buy one.

I've been meaning to buy a Pro Controller too, but have put off buying. Mario Kart works surprisingly well with the (very light) Gamepad I think and is great for playing on in other rooms of the house.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by welshboymick View Post
    Welcome to the Wii U hype train! Was the bundle you got one with a Mario hat or just the Mario game? They were doing those over here in the UK which were cool, but mightily expensive. But still.. I so wanted that hat.

I've been really impressed with my Wii U since I bought. My only gripe is that I haven't had enough time to play it! Oh and it doesn't have an ethernet adapter built in; you need to buy one.

I've been meaning to buy a Pro Controller too, but have put off buying. Mario Kart works surprisingly well with the (very light) Gamepad I think and is great for playing on in other rooms of the house.
    Yeah! I always like having a second controller with these systems so at least one is always charged up and ready to go. I'll add ya'll Yeah, the pad is pretty light. Why were people complaining about it? Maybe it's because of the demo kiosks? I know I thought the controller would be heavier than it actually was, too.

The bundle I got was just the 32GB Mario/Luigi U one. Wish I got a hat! That would be great for Halloween parties lol

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    After E3 i decided to get a Wii U i just dont know when. If i got it now the only game i would want is Mario Kart 8 but that comes with a free game i dont want. I know i want Captain Toad, Splatoon, Zelda U, and possibly Star Fox U if its good.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    If you guys are getting a Wii U now. And if you're getting Mario Kart 8. There's a LIMITED TIME offer until the 31st of July. You get a free game by digital download, This is from the Club Nintendo website where you add up your points etc.

It's WindWaker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario Bros U, & some exercising game.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    If you guys are getting a Wii U now. And if you're getting Mario Kart 8. There's a LIMITED TIME offer until the 31st of July. You get a free game by digital download, This is from the Club Nintendo website where you add up your points etc. It's WindWaker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario Bros U, & some exercising game.
    I dont want any of those games though. I might have considered 3D World but its not listed.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If you guys are getting a Wii U now. And if you're getting Mario Kart 8. There's a LIMITED TIME offer until the 31st of July. You get a free game by digital download, This is from the Club Nintendo website where you add up your points etc.

It's WindWaker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario Bros U, & some exercising game.
    Yeah. And as someone who wants those games but in physical form, I sold my code for like $30 haha

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Yeah. And as someone who wants those games but in physical form, I sold my code for like $30 haha
    You got a good deal. Those games currently range around $30-$35 on their physical forms.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I dont want any of those games though. I might have considered 3D World but its not listed.
    I'm just saying. Either way, its free. I went a long got the WindWaker HD since I already had SMBU and never played Pikmin before.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I wanna take back ALL bad words I ever said about Wii U. Have bought it week ago and I like it. MK8 is a great game, some track designs are genious, Zeldas Wind Walker artstile in motion is MUUUUCH better that in screenshots and I LOVE it(thought I will hate it at first) and New Super Luigi U...here I have a blast, for person who not so familiar with Mario games(Wii U is my first Nintendo home console ever) this game is BRUTAL, but level design is AWESOME, espesially castles.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    I wanna take back ALL bad words I ever said about Wii U. Have bought it week ago and I like it. MK8 is a great game, some track designs are genious, Zeldas Wind Walker artstile in motion is MUUUUCH better that in screenshots and I LOVE it(thought I will hate it at first) and New Super Luigi U...here I have a blast, for person who not so familiar with Mario games(Wii U is my first Nintendo home console ever) this game is BRUTAL, but level design is AWESOME, espesially castles.
    Wait until you get to the Star Road levels.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Wait until you get to the Star Road levels.
    Im BAD with star collecting ))

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    My condolences

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Extreme Poster
    how could you let yourself go like this.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    My condolences
    You couldn't resist, didn't you?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Unfortunately, it was getting late before I could fire it up so I haven't had a chance to play any games. I got the MarioU/LuigiU bundle which is pretty slick.

I managed to get everything set up and check out all the features, though. I am very impressed with how simple and straightforward the design is. I'm also very impressed with the fact you can get rewards for providing feedback through Club Nintendo. That's a very quality touch that shows Nintendo is in touch with their fanbase like that. I'm also quite happy with the social features of the WiiU. Between the Friend List and the Miiverse, there's a real active community you can access through the console that seems like a nicer touch than the Facebook integration features of the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I like the Facebook features but so far, it seems like Nintendo had a little better forethought on connecting their WiiU community rather than relying on the gamer to reach their own community through a console.

My one gripe about the system so far is that the interface between the pad and the console sometimes gets unresponsive. For instance, I have to hit the exit button a few times to exit the store for some reason. Hopefully, performance will improve with updates, so that's a very minor gripe for an overall good package. I really think the WiiU has received unnecessary criticism from people a lot like the PS3 did when it came out. This is a very good system with few cons. It's also enough off the beaten path with the controller and exclusive games to make it the Jelly to the PS4s Peanut Butter in that regard.

My Nintendo ID is Lefein (big surprise). I only have the Mario/Luigi game for now because the Gamestop I bought the system from did not have a pro pad. I'll likely scoop up a copy of MK8 and a pro pad tonight or tomorrow, though. I know we don't have a large community of WiiU owners here, but feel free to add me! I kind of get a warm and fuzzy feeling owning a Nintendo again. Some of those games they announced at E3 looked way too good to pass on, so here I am!
    Did you have a Wii? Bayonetta 1 is still worth a play.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

PSN ID
    Blazergamer007

I got a WiiU last night :)))

If I buy one it will be to play Mario Kart 8...Is the online racing good in that game ?
    Is the fact that the hard disk is so small problematic ?
    Last edited by Blazergamer; 2 Weeks Ago at 21:42.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazergamer View Post
    i guess it depends on how you use it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I will definitely add you! Unless you add me first. It's DarkVincent07 but comes up as Jim cause that's me lol
    Hate to break it to you, but he's dead, Jim.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazergamer View Post
    If I buy one it will be to play Mario Kart 8...Is the online racing good in that game ?
    It is a great online racer and is super quick and easy to join matches, just remember it's an arcade racer and not a serious one; so you'll get attacked by the infamous blue shells and can go from first to eleventh in seconds... but when you benefit from such things it's hilarious

The small hard disc is a problem. I have the 32gb and only have Zelda Wind Waker on hard drive and it takes up about a quarter of the space. You'd probably have to get an external hard drive at some point in the future if you download more than four games.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    After E3 i decided to get a Wii U i just dont know when. If i got it now the only game i would want is Mario Kart 8 but that comes with a free game i dont want. I know i want Captain Toad, Splatoon, Zelda U, and possibly Star Fox U if its good.
    How about Shovel Knight, given your signature and all, lol.

I'm getting that soon.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    How about Shovel Knight, given your signature and all, lol.

I'm getting that soon.
    Got it on PC and already finished it (nominated for my game of the year). Oh and i also bought the 2 soundtracks. I highly recommend it if you like oldschool NES games like Megaman, Castlevania, Ducktales, Zelda, with few things that reminded me of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Congrats on your WiiU, my NintendoID is Cyntic. If you like a good challenging beat'em up, definitely check out wonderful 101, you can find it for like $30 if not $20 new.

Yay video games!!

Thread Information