Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Yoshida: "Many, Many" First-Party PS Vita Games in Development

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ames-a-coming/

Following his comments at E3 about how the PlayStation Vita would have fewer first-party titles, Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida was interviewed by Game Reactor at the Gamelab Conference last week in Spain, where he clarified any misconceptions that his statement meant they wouldn’t support the PS Vita at all:

The question I was asked was, ‘going forward, [will] the number of first party will be smaller?’, and I said ‘yes, number of projects will be smaller.’ I never said ‘we won’t make any games on PS Vita’.

We’re continuing to make games on PS Vita… we just launched a game called Freedom Wars in Japan, it’s a big title dedicated to PS Vita, and it’s received very well in Japan – we’ll bring that to Europe and US as well. And we’re making that JRPG, a very, very beautiful JRPG called Oreshika as well. And games made in Europe – Murasaki Baby is a dedicated PS Vita title that got many awards at E3.

And we’re continuing to make cross-platform games like Helldivers or CounterSpy. Many, many games we have in development for PS Vita from first-party as well.”

Over on Twitter, Shuhei listed a few more first-party games coming to PS Vita by saying, “Freedom Wars, Entwined, Murasaki Baby, Oreshika, Helldivers, Hohokum, Counter Spy, Fat Princess, and BigFest are all first-party titles.”

If you’re wondering what that Fat Princess PS Vita game is, it’s a free-to-play title launching later this summer called Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. Already available on the Canadian App Store, Piece of Cake “takes the comic medieval battle royale to the next level with a brand-new strategic match-3 free to play puzzle game.” As a bonus, when you reach level 15, you’ll unlock a code to download the original Fat Princess on PS3 for free.
    So... I'm not sure what this actually does mean for the Vita to be honest, but it makes me hope a little that we may get decent games besides indiegames as well... I'm hoping so anyways, I'm not an indie-fan.
    Last edited by Christopher; 07-12-2014 at 14:12.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Glad Yoshida is back-tracking a little. He made it sound like Vita was entirely in the hands of third party and indie devs before.

Added the article text to your post, btw.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Nice
    Posted it from my phone, so I just quickly spammed the link :P

Well, I'm also glad he fell back upon his words and notes down that it's not exactly what he meant... I'm silently hoping for some announcements inc. that show us that there's still hope for the Vita...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm guessing that after Freedom Wars exceeded Sony's expectations they're now gonna dedicate some teams to it. It'll likely only be Japanese first party for the Japanese audience though but that's not to say they won't be released WW and end up having WW appeal like so many did in the 80s and 90s.

Western First Party is pretty much dead now that SCE Cambridge are making a PS4 game, even after their massively impressive Killzone game on it.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I think the Vita is in trouble. I think it is obvious that Sony built the Vita to be a PS4 companion. We do not need to make games when the device can play PS4 games remotely.

Sony would have been better off doing what Nintendo did with the Gamepad.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Good to hear there are a lot of games for the Vita in development I think that's it the lack of AAA Vita titles that we are all mssing which is a massive chame because it's such a capable device! Don't worry about having majorly pretty games just make awsome ones that people will love and play again and again and again!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I think the Vita is in trouble. I think it is obvious that Sony built the Vita to be a PS4 companion. We do not need to make games when the device can play PS4 games remotely.

And miss out on all that money they've from Japan? I also doubt that it'll be Sony's last handheld like a lot of people are saying, there'll be another for sure, but probably only for Japan. Maybe released WW but only for improved Remote Play.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Yoshida: "Many, Many" First-Party PS Vita Games in Development

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Western First Party is pretty much dead now that SCE Cambridge are making a PS4 game, even after their massively impressive Killzone game on it.
    That's my worry. the KZ 3 engine was optimised for the vita and looked absolutely stunning and played great. Even the 4v4 online was a blast especially with the free extra maps, botzone and all the patches. The support for the title from Cambridge was fantastic and that's what the vita needs more of.

It's quite funny as this interview with Andrew House recently stated that the future of the vita remains unclear:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/1...?+main+twitter

"I certainly think youíll still see [Vita] as a triple-A machine in Japan where it has a different function with the console dynamic of the marketplace," he said. "That for me is a given. Itís hard to say in terms of the other markets.

"I think remote play is still in its nascent stages, I think we need to have better understanding. We know a lot of players are embracing it and using it and seem to like the experience a lot, but necessarily that changes the dynamic. You know, if you can play your PlayStation 4 content at will on Vita, then does that obviate the necessity of having Triple-A content or not?

"I think that question will stay unanswered for a little bit."
    In other 'insider' news, Tidux has stated that there is plenty of Vita love at Gamescom in august so guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 07-12-2014 at 15:59.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Don't get your hopes up, but gamescom usually does have more overall focus rather than just the main console (then PS3, now PS4). A lot of PSP announcements happened there.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post

I don't think they built it as a companion, but now their marketing is shifting that way. I have more hope for Vita now than this time last year. It seems like the popularity is picking up. If PS TV is a hit then all the better for Vita.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    There is a shortage in America apparently so it can't all be that bad lol
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

12. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    There'd be a shortage everywhere if Sony released a Minecraft bundle.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Yeah, indeed.. Which I don't get, because that game has to be annoying as shet to play on PS3/Xbox... Used to play it a little on PC and actually had fun for a while, but now I can't be arsed even opening it anymore...

Though, subject related, I hope that Sony'll at least announce a few more decent AAA titles somewhere this year... It would make me cry from happiness :l

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Minecraft bundle = more sales = more dev attention. I don't see the big deal with Monster Hunter but I'd still like to see a Vita release for more systems out there and for more devs to jump on the Vita.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    A good first/third party AAA game will help the Vita and have exclusive dlc for a game on PS3/PS4. Minecraft bundle would be a good idea. We will wait till Gamescom to find out not getting my hopes up.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    A good first/third party AAA game will help the Vita
    I really dunno why Sony just stopped giving a $#@! after it's first year, it's first year had plenty of first party titles and had they continued with it the Vita would probably have sold double by now. Where are PSP giants Locoroco and Patapon? Would it be so hard to make those for Vita?

Blows my mind how Sony just don't understand what people want out of handhelds, they obviously have no clue and need to take a look at what made the PSP successful and replicate it.

Superior Member
    All we need is GTA:Vita, Metal Gear Solid Vita and "A GREAT" 16 player competitive shooting game(Wish it could be Socom) and sales will rocket and it'll be a great device to have. That's what propelled the PSP in the USA.

Wish they can ask slant six to port Socom:Confrontation and some maps or port Fireteam Bravo 3 with updated controls and new maps.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I really dunno why Sony just stopped giving a $#@! after it's first year, it's first year had plenty of first party titles and had they continued with it the Vita would probably have sold double by now. Where are PSP giants Locoroco and Patapon? Would it be so hard to make those for Vita?

Blows my mind how Sony just don't understand what people want out of handhelds, they obviously have no clue and need to take a look at what made the PSP successful and replicate it.
    Well probably they were more focused on the upcoming console generation and kinda decided to put its resources towards first party games on Ps4. They need some exclusive titles that can give you content like what they did Assassin's Creed with something like GTA or a FF game. Just a lot of cross gen titles. PS Vita got good games but nothing to get the vitas selling like a AAA game. MGS4 got PS3 going along with Uncharted 2.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    IMHO I think Vita released too late, shouldve been released around 2010. PS3 was doing amazing at that point so Sony couldve focused on the handheld front. Obviously not as powerful but it still wouldve been a 5/6 year leap over the PSP.

IMHO I think Vita released too late, shouldve been released around 2010. PS3 was doing amazing at that point so Sony couldve focused on the handheld front. Obviously not as powerful but it still wouldve been a 5/6 year leap over the PSP.
    In other words, Vita is what PSP go should have been. I'm with ya there.

Forum Overseer
    i cringe every time foreigners use the word "many" in succession.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    In other words, Vita is what PSP go should have been. I'm with ya there.
    For sure, if you think about it, Uncharted Golden Abyss wouldve been huge at that point too. If the system/game launched in 2010, that wouldve been right on the back of the massively successful Uncharted 2. It wouldve been 3 full years of focus before the PS4 launch, Rockstar were still interested in making portable GTAs (before the GTA anniversaries and whatnot), Capcom with Monster Hunter etc. etc. 2010 wouldve been the perfect release window for PS Vita.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    The least they could do is expand the PSP library online :'/ On all stores, not just EU or NA or whatever... All... Stores are really messed up in my eyes so far... Half of it won't show up on the Vita, but shows up on the PS3 e.g. and other stuff's visible on the website but not on the devices... Gj Sony.. Gj...

Well....I hear you, but this has more to do with publishers than Sony, I believe. I'm would think Sony would love to have every game ever made on its store. As it is, a lot games just aren't there and many of the ones that are just cost too damn much.

$#@! all you want about used games, publishers. Undercut the used game market or STFU.

Thread Information