Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    chris, my opinion on the whole second-hand market effects is that...ok sure, i agree costs are going up, i think it's pretty apparent at this point. alright, i'm willing to buy a digital copy on day one, i understand i can never sell it, never return it and never own any physical part of it (including the manual). and it will cost the same at launch and will likely not go down in price as quickly and even if it does, not as much as the second-hand market.

that's why used games are kicking their asses right? it works.

fine, they can do all of that but! the only reason they will ever get me on board, buying a game on launch DD at full price with all the negatives and the game being tied to my account forever, is: STOP $#@!ING MAKING DLC AND RUIN GAMING FOR US!
    And by that, I mean, give us the full game and if you can’t…give us the DLC for free. Because I bought it for $60, that’s in your pocket, I can never sell it (well not unless I sell my whole account which is a moot point anyway). They are getting $60 and getting probably enough money they would need to produce the DLC for.
    After playing BF4, I realize that DLC is the way to go, or quit gaming. It’s becoming very clear that developers are just about shoving that $#@! down our throats and if we don’t get it, we might as well sell the game because it won’t be as fun, not because we didn’t have new stuff to play, but because the game was designed with the DLC items in mind. That’s what BF4 is.

But that is the only way I’ll ever buy DD at launch or in general when it’s not a flash sale lol.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm just talking about old games though. I get what you are saying. I don't buy new games digitally unless there is a big sale or it is on PS+. I'm sure as hell not paying $60 for a game digitally. That is just silly, imo.

But the games I'm talking about have been around for years. There is no reason why they shouldn't be available for download at a very cheap price. How does it cost to store < a gig of data on a server? Practically nothing. $20+ for a PSP game that has been out for 5+ years is ridiculous. So instead, I buy used from ebay or amazon and the publisher/dev get nothing.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I'm just talking about old games though. I get what you are saying. I don't buy new games digitally unless there is a big sale or it is on PS+. I'm sure as hell not paying $60 for a game digitally. That is just silly, imo.

But the games I'm talking about have been around for years. There is no reason why they shouldn't be available for download at a very cheap price. How does it cost to store < a gig of data on a server? Practically nothing. $20+ for a PSP game that has been out for 5+ years is ridiculous. So instead, I buy used from ebay or amazon and the publisher/dev get nothing.
    well that just amplifying the issue lol. that is a load of bs and i agree that they should be more careful about that.

what i think is that it ends up being a core issue that developers aren't businesspersons, let's not forget they were bunch of nerds in high school... XD

what sony needs to do is show them why having the right price can be a good thing. Sony sort of lets them do whatever they want. and that's good in a way but at the same time, they need to guide the developers into making better choices for pricing. especially in the extreme cases like you said.

and i see that quite often and it's dumb. e.g. i want to buy BF3 digital because my son still plays it on my PS3 and it would make it so much easier if i just bought it digital than having to swap it every time he wants to play it because i don't play it anymore. well guess what, BF3 is $19.99 on PSN. $#@! THAT.

$20? i could buy tons of great games for that money. i could buy a used PS4 game for that price. if they priced it at $10 like it is on ebay/amazon (new), i would buy the digital in a heartbeat. but it's stupid that they don't lower the price.

$20 should be with the DLC at this point.

Thread Information