Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

4K TV'S are cheap!

I wanted to buy a new LED TV to replace my 3 years old Samsung UN40D6000 and get instead UN55H7150AFXZA. I have noticed at Bestbuy LG LED 4K TV for 1699! http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...132cdd5f7cen02

But still it didn't convince me as we have nothing to run at 4K yet no games nor software. I think that TV it has a good price for a TV that supports 4K resolution and it has been priced at 1699 only.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    thought you'd get a higher refresh rate for that price still!

Dedicated Member
    I did some research for ya. Get it!!! whoo hooo...
    Here's the deal.
    HDMI Input (v.2.0): The four HDMI 2.0 inputs will accept 4K, 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. HDMI 3 is the only input that will accept 4K (60Hz). HDMI 1, 2, and 4 inputs support 4K (24/30Hz). The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LbpXdfb...-49UB8500.html

I have no envy as my calibrated ST60 Plasma gives me unrivaled color reproduction, color range and shading/picture reproduction, but, at 4K, that is a phenomenal deal.

When more 4K content comes, i'll be looking.
    LG is always one of my first considerations.
    SONY for LCD .
    The OLEDs are all i'm waiting for, good OLED>
    Want a 40in OLED as a monitor
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    thought you'd get a higher refresh rate for that price still!
    I thinks 120 for games or movies is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    I did some research for ya. Get it!!! whoo hooo...
    Here's the deal.
    HDMI Input (v.2.0): The four HDMI 2.0 inputs will accept 4K, 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. HDMI 3 is the only input that will accept 4K (60Hz). HDMI 1, 2, and 4 inputs support 4K (24/30Hz). The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LbpXdfb...-49UB8500.html

I have no envy as my calibrated ST60 Plasma gives me unrivaled color reproduction, color range and shading/picture reproduction, but, at 4K, that is a phenomenal deal.

When more 4K content comes, i'll be looking.
    LG is always one of my first considerations.
    SONY for LCD .
    The OLEDs are all i'm waiting for, good OLED>
    Want a 40in OLED as a monitor
    I will not buy the 4K TV now as its useless. OLED will be expensive some how as we don't have the technology into every house as we do with LED. Plus, I read about gamint TV'S and LG wasn't listed there. Good gaming TVS are so far Samsung and Sony. Better of all now is Samsung. I was looking the Sony LED TV model W802A but it has been ended.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Veteran
    Ill get 4k in a few years when theirs enough material out their thats 4K otherwise theirs really no reason to even have one. Our PS4 n XB1 games arent even all in 1080 yet... O_o
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-14-2014 at 01:49.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Ill get 4k in a few years when theirs a reason to even have one.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Yeah. There is no content right now so might as well wait until they are cheaper and have content.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah. There is no content right now so might as well wait until they are cheaper and have content.
    Exactly. Theyll be cheaper, better quality, more features, more variety and you'll finally have 4k material to watch.

Last edited by faaeng; 07-14-2014 at 01:55.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I'd say 4K is good only if you plan to watch movies or hook it up to a PC with max settings. Otherwise, we're gonna be waiting a while till we get some true 4K games...and even when we do, there's gonna be 8K tv's out. But I'm more excited about Oculus VR and the potential for that type of technology in the future to only get better. I hope we can achieve something like The Matrix.

You have feel sensors on your body. Almost feels like the real world, minus the pain and only the pleasure. Yes please!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've ordered a 4K monitor myself so in a couple of months when it arrives I'll tell you guys what it's like. I don't expect to hit anything close to 60FPS though, might even struggle with 30FPS. Having said that though having a 30Hz refresh rate is painful. I'm just starting to sell my 3x 120Hz monitors and have already packed up one of them and another will be purchased soon too. Using my old 60Hz 1920x1200 monitor and ugh, talking about not smooth but I think I'll get used to it again. 30Hz though... just no, it's hard enough playing games that run at that speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    You have feel sensors on your body. Almost feels like the real world, minus the pain and only the pleasure. Yes please!
    All you need is an Oculus Rift and a Muller Light Yoghurt, then you'll have everything but the pain - someone else gets that.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    People buying a 49'' 4K TV make me laugh. In order to truly take advantage of the format you need at least 70'' (or stand right in front of the TV). It's like buying a 30'' 1080p TV - no one can discern a noticeable difference over 720p at that size.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I sit at roughly 3.8m away from my 1080P TV and I can see a very big noticeable difference between 720P and 1080P. Just because you can't doesn't mean others can't.

When I walked into John Lewis to check out the new UHD TVs, at over 20m away I could see a MASSIVE difference between a 42" UHD TV and a 42" 1080P TV, this is at over 20m remember which is a long long distance. The clarity is far beyond 1080P.

All of these "can't see any difference" articles are all relative as everyone's vision is different.

Veteran
    I'm with you here Varsh. People always tell me there is no difference umless you go
    (------this------------------------big------)
    and I'll literally begin pointing out subtle details here and there to them on the smaller sets. Usual response is them moving closer "OHH, I see it now. Your eyes are much better then mine." Lol

Everyones eyesight is different. Some where glasses, some dont and some should... Lol

Just like when some people can and others cant see a noticeable difference between 30fps and 60fps. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean everyone cant or its not there. It just means YOU cant see it. Lol.

Last edited by faaeng; 07-15-2014 at 10:20.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm working in an electronics store atm. Our cheapest 4K is about 1000, most expensive TV in the shop is a 50" Samsung Curved 3D 4K Ultra HD TV at 2499.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    People buying a 49'' 4K TV make me laugh. In order to truly take advantage of the format you need at least 70'' (or stand right in front of the TV). It's like buying a 30'' 1080p TV - no one can discern a noticeable difference over 720p at that size.
    Trust me, at 50" and even smaller the difference is incredibly noticeable. Especially running native 4K content, and yes our shop runs side by side comparisons.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 07-15-2014 at 10:18.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    Hell, I know people who game on SD TVs and make out things people overlook watching the same thing on an HDTV and that's not an over exageration. Lmao

Just how many times have you watched a buddy play a game and yelled at him "over there!" Just for them to start looking around dumbfounded "where?! Where?!" Never seeing it? Ive literally had to get up and point right at things on the screen before. XD

Some people (myself included) can notice a difference, super subtle as it might be, between 720p and 1080p on their 4 and 5 inch smartphones. Think those people wont see a difference on 20-30-40-50 inch screens?
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-15-2014 at 10:44.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Empty Field/Space Myopia
    Where the eyes don't see enough stimulating visuals to actually work properly, pilots can suffer from it at high altitudes, but if the video game is similarly bland I think it can be reproduced.
    Pilots are trained to scan the horizon for objects to combat it. If people don't do the same scanning technique in video games then they might not notice things outside their peripheral vision. I know I don't constantly stare at the cross-hair all the time in FPS style games.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-15-2014 at 11:00.

Ultimate Veteran
    You have sit close to a 4k tv to see it if you sit to far away you can't tell.

Thread Information