Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196

    Killzone dev's PS4 game to feature 'innovative online gameplay'

    Guerrilla Games has posted up a job listing for its new, as-yet unannounced PlayStation 4 IP indicating the game will feature ‘innovative online gameplay.’

    The Killzone developer is currently on the hunt for regular and senior game designers with experience in “multiplayer or co-op” to assist on the mystery title.

    That’s about all there is to go on right now, although it’s certainly an interesting development. After all, one of Killzone’s consistent strengths has been its online component, so if Guerrilla is looking to innovate in this area for the new IP, we should be in for a treat.

    Details on the upcoming PS4 title haven’t exactly been forthcoming however, though previous rumors suggest it will incorporate elements of free-to-play games, such as microtransactions.

    With Guerilla a no-show at E3, there’s a possibility we’ll hear something before the year’s out, such as the European-centric Gamescom event in August. After all, the game has been in the works for quite some time, so an announcement could drop at any time now.
    http://www.psu.com/a024032/Killzone-...e-innovative-o

    ...one of Killzone’s consistent strengths has been its online component...
    is PSU on crack? LOL

  2. #2
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,159
    Rep Power
    71
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Hey, hey now! Killzone 2's online was a blast and Shadow Fall's pretty competent. At least with its jetpacks. :3

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  3. #3
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    well i gave it a thought and i'm thinking i'm interpreting it differently. KZ online may be a blast but if you compare it to the best shooters out there, it's nothing. just a dot.

    but maybe KZ's online component is good when you compare it to other components...like single player, gameplay, storyline, graphics, etc.

    as a game by itself, maybe that's one of the better features it has but i just don't think it's that great compared to the competition. imo it's actually pretty mediocre, and it's possible maybe i'm just not into games like KZ but i am into sci-fi, i am into all kinds of genres within FPS and TPS. i just never felt KZ online was anything special or unique or something that deserved a cult following.

    maybe a small cult following by a bunch of people that didn't play many shooters, yes i can see that happening and i think that's what has happened. people that like KZ online tend to be FPS fans on the lighter side.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,311
    Rep Power
    196
    I really hope it's a new genre. Maybe a platformer or RPG from Guerrilla Games, as opposed to another shooter.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes

  5. #5
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    KZ2 and 3 had awesome multiplayer...id even argue KZ2 was the best MP shooter of the generation, but KZ3 wasnt as good...plays very different than any of the other shooters...though Black Ops II on my 360 got exponentially more hours played...

    KZ (particularly the PS3 versions) has to be approached COMPLETELY different than CoD...its not a twitch shooter by any stretch..not a bad thing, but very different

    i enjoyed Shadow Fall's multiplayer as well...though i think it was a step back from the PS3 KZ games..a group of my 360 only friends purchased PS4's this generation based solely on how much they liked KZ:SF's multiplayer at my house...so take that for whats its worth...
    Last edited by Metfanant; 07-16-2014 at 20:49.
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  6. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
  7. #6
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    what other popular competitive shooters have you played met? in your life time.

  8. #7
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    what other popular competitive shooters have you played met? in your life time.
    did i not mention in the very post you replied to that Black Ops II on the 360 got "exponentially more" playing time??...try again slick...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  9. #8
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    did i not mention in the very post you replied to that Black Ops II on the 360 got "exponentially more" playing time??...try again slick...
    slick? lol. i don't think my question had anything to do with just that game unless you're confirming that that is the only other popular competitive shooter you have ever played in your life.

    is that your final answer?

  10. #9
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    slick? lol. i don't think my question had anything to do with just that game unless you're confirming that that is the only other popular competitive shooter you have ever played in your life.

    is that your final answer?
    your insinuating that because i think KZ has had good multiplayer must mean that i have not played other shooters lol...if i had to rank a top 5 favorite console online multiplayer shooters

    1. Halo CE
    2. Killzone 2
    3. CoD4
    4. CoD: Blops 2
    5. Halo 2/Killzone 3

    in terms of hours played Halo CE and Blops 2 by a long shot...
    Last edited by Metfanant; 07-16-2014 at 21:51.
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  11. #10
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    your insinuating that i think KZ has had good multiplayer means that i have not played other shooters lol...if i had to rank a top 5 favorite console multiplayer shooters

    1. Halo CE
    2. Killzone 2
    3. CoD4
    4. CoD: Blops 2
    5. Halo 2/Killzone 3

    in terms of hours played Halo CE and Blops 2 by a long shot...
    yes that's exactly what i'm insinuating. Halo was great but you have to broaden your horizon, there are some really awesome shooters out there. i have played some major ones such as counter strike, UT, Quake 3, SOCOM series, BF series, Halo 1/2, COD (most of them, including 1/2), Medal of Honor (especially PC ones, single palyer), Half Life 1/2 (single player), DOOM 1/2, off the top of my head.

    there's nothing new in KZ except KZ1 when they came out with the weapon/character sway and the dynamic reload animations. unless you care to explain otherwise. i'm all ears. why is KZ2 online amazing? let's start with what makes KZ2 an amazing shooter to begin with.

  12. #11
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    yes that's exactly what i'm insinuating. Halo was great but you have to broaden your horizon, there are some really awesome shooters out there. i have played some major ones such as counter strike, UT, Quake 3, SOCOM series, BF series, Halo 1/2, COD (most of them, including 1/2), Medal of Honor (especially PC ones, single palyer), Half Life 1/2 (single player), DOOM 1/2, off the top of my head.

    there's nothing new in KZ except KZ1 when they came out with the weapon/character sway and the dynamic reload animations. unless you care to explain otherwise. i'm all ears. why is KZ2 online amazing? let's start with what makes KZ2 an amazing shooter to begin with.
    i am in no need of broader horizons...

    - was talking consoles not PC (as i mentioned in my post multiple times)...ive played Doom, Wolfenstein, UT, Half life back in the day...Wolfenstein and Doom 2 are some of my favorite games of all time

    - I've played the living $#@! out of every Halo ever made (except for Halo Wars)...my friends and i probably logged more hours of Halo CE over XBConnect then should be humanly possible

    - Played all of the console CoD's...played MP extensively since 4 (except W@W because i despise everything about that game and couldnt force myself to finish it)

    - comparing SOCOM to KZ is laughable...

    - BF MP has never clicked with me...i actually started to enjoy the multiplayer of BF4 on the PS4, but got tired of waiting for the game to be fixed

    as for Killzone...who cares what new things it brought to the table? a game doesnt have to bring anything new to the table to make it a good game..I never felt Halo CE brought anything groundbreaking to the table when compared to PC shooters before it...but yet its my favorite shooter of all time...What made KZ2 an awesome game? just like Halo CE, the entire package...from the way it played, to the maps, to the graphics, to its class structure...enjoyed every minute of it...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  13. #12
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    i am in no need of broader horizons...

    - was talking consoles not PC (as i mentioned in my post multiple times)...ive played Doom, Wolfenstein, UT, Half life back in the day...Wolfenstein and Doom 2 are some of my favorite games of all time
    no you did not mention any of those games before. i'm talking about all shooters of any platform. not just consoles. i think it's fair to compare at this point since consoles have the power to outperform PC shooters in most areas.

    - I've played the living $#@! out of every Halo ever made (except for Halo Wars)...my friends and i probably logged more hours of Halo CE over XBConnect then should be humanly possible

    - Played all of the console CoD's...played MP extensively since 4 (except W@W because i despise everything about that game and couldnt force myself to finish it)
    both of which are great games but they are casual at best. not saying you don't need skill but they are simple.

    - comparing SOCOM to KZ is laughable...
    why? i'm not directly comparing it but what i'm comparing is what they bring to the table. SOCOM brought something unique to the table that no other shooter did. Just like counter strike and rainbow six.
    - BF MP has never clicked with me...i actually started to enjoy the multiplayer of BF4 on the PS4, but got tired of waiting for the game to be fixed
    right but there are plenty of competitive shooters out there. If you’re not into them either then you’re not into shooters as much as some others. And I generally notice that the people on the lighter side end up liking KZ series more. Up until now, you weren’t even including PC and how is that possible, they started shooters.

    as for Killzone...who cares what new things it brought to the table? a game doesnt have to bring anything new to the table to make it a good game..I never felt Halo CE brought anything groundbreaking to the table when compared to PC shooters before it...but yet its my favorite shooter of all time...What made KZ2 an awesome game? just like Halo CE, the entire package...from the way it played, to the maps, to the graphics, to its class structure...enjoyed every minute of it...
    I hope you’re not kidding there, Halo brought many things to the genre. Things that even the king COD picked up on in COD:MW.

    and i found nothing interesting about the class structure of KZ2.

  14. #13
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    no you did not mention any of those games before. i'm talking about all shooters of any platform. not just consoles. i think it's fair to compare at this point since consoles have the power to outperform PC shooters in most areas.
    maybe you should brush up on the reading comprehension skills because the parentheses are in reference to what comes before it...meaning i mentioned multiple times that i was talking console games...

    consoles outperform PC's? in what twilight zone universe do you live in? the PS4 and Xbone are mid-level PC's at best in terms of performance...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    both of which are great games but they are casual at best. not saying you don't need skill but they are simple.
    please...spoken like someone that is just not good at them

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    why? i'm not directly comparing it but what i'm comparing is what they bring to the table. SOCOM brought something unique to the table that no other shooter did. Just like counter strike and rainbow six.
    why? why?! because SOCOM and Killzone are completely different genres of games?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    right but there are plenty of competitive shooters out there. If you’re not into them either then you’re not into shooters as much as some others. And I generally notice that the people on the lighter side end up liking KZ series more.
    i like shooters quite a bit, i admittedly am a console gamer, i dont play my games on PC so sure it limits access to certain shooters...but my enjoyment of Killzone has nothing to do with how much i like other shooters...

    you dont get much different than CoD and Killzone in terms of how a shooter feels and plays...one being a 60fps twitch shooter, the other being a slow, plodding 30fps shooter...i like them equally

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Up until now, you weren’t even including PC and how is that possible, they started shooters.
    simply because that was what i was discussing...console shooters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    I hope you’re not kidding there, Halo brought many things to the genre. Things that even the king COD picked up on in COD:MW.
    please inform me of all these innovations brought to the genre in Halo CE...its a pretty damn bare bones, hip fire, console arena shooter...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    and i found nothing interesting about the class structure of KZ2.
    ya know its interesting...because in that thread where i called you out for trolling the kid who was asking about good games for his new PS4...you cried about how you are entitled to your opinion about the PS4 having no good games...

    yet here you are trying to explain how MY OPINION that KZ2 was a great game is somehow wrong...

    hmmm...

    you dont like Killzone...which is fine and nobody is forcing you to like it...i could make ridiculous claims like...you dont like it because you sucked at it...which is equally trollish and wrong as your assumption that people who enjoy Killzone are somehow "casual" shooter fans...

    you're a troll..and that is your function here on these forums, and thats cool with me...
    Last edited by Metfanant; 07-16-2014 at 22:54.
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  15. #14
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,824
    Rep Power
    107
    Halo brought regen health, quick melee and grenades, limited amount of weapons, good console controls and multiplayer popularization. It did quite a lot.

    Although I agree that KZ didn't have to bring anything to the table. I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but the multiplayer was definitely a strength and enjoyable. It doesn't have to be the cream of the crop to be a strength. And yes, I've played most big shooters.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  16. #15
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    maybe you should brush up on the reading comprehension skills because the parentheses are in reference to what comes before it...meaning i mentioned multiple times that i was talking console games...
    I’m going to be honest here, I have no idea what you’re talking about here. I can’t see where you mentioned anything you’re stating here, before you clearly mentioned that you were just talking about console shooters. And I don’t know why you’d assume I was only talking about console shooters…why would I limit myself?

    consoles outperform PC's? in what twilight zone universe do you live in? the PS4 and Xbone are mid-level PC's at best in terms of performance...
    lol alright. Not having this discussion again (I’ve had this discussion a dozen times in the recent past). PS4 has the ability to outperform PC for several reasons, not because it’s more powerful but because it has more resources available in certain scenarios. DC for example is the best-looking racer to date imo, that includes PC racers.

    please...spoken like someone that is just not good at them
    you are assuming this.

    why? why?! because SOCOM and Killzone are completely different genres of games?
    you’ve missed the point again.

    i like shooters quite a bit, i admittedly am a console gamer, i dont play my games on PC so sure it limits access to certain shooters...but my enjoyment of Killzone has nothing to do with how much i like other shooters...
    and that wasn’t my point. I’m just stating a phenomenon. Generally people with less exposure tend to like the KZ series more. Generally shooter veterans look at KZ and look away. When you have played enough shooters and have played enough great shooters, KZ looks like nothing.

    you dont get much different than CoD and Killzone in terms of how a shooter feels and plays...one being a 60fps twitch shooter, the other being a slow, plodding 30fps shooter...i like them equally
    right except there are many other styles of shooters, those aren’t the only two. Not even close.

    simply because that was what i was discussing...console shooters...
    well I’m not. And I didn’t mention anywhere that I was limiting the discussion to consoles only.

    please inform me of all these innovations brought to the genre in Halo CE...its a pretty damn bare bones, hip fire, console arena shooter...
    Shield. Health Regen. Aim-assist (still the best out there). In general. Then for consoles: humungous environments. Vehicles. Controls in layout and sensitivity. Physics. And last but not least, A.I. which wasn’t necessarily a new feature but it was one of the best ever.

    ya know its interesting...because in that thread where i called you out for trolling the kid who was asking about good games for his new PS4...you cried about how you are entitled to your opinion about the PS4 having no good games...

    yet here you are trying to explain how MY OPINION that KZ2 was a great game is somehow wrong...

    hmmm
    because good opinions are backed with something substantial.
    So again, what has KZ brought to the table? Unlike you, I’m not shooting down your opinion without asking you the reasons behind it.

  17. #16
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    I’m going to be honest here, I have no idea what you’re talking about here. I can’t see where you mentioned anything you’re stating here, before you clearly mentioned that you were just talking about console shooters. And I don’t know why you’d assume I was only talking about console shooters…why would I limit myself?
    you dont know what youre talking about because you were unable to properly comprehend my post lol...go back and read them again...look for the parentheses that you quoted, and think about what im referring to, and then read your response...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    lol alright. Not having this discussion again (I’ve had this discussion a dozen times in the recent past). PS4 has the ability to outperform PC for several reasons, not because it’s more powerful but because it has more resources available in certain scenarios. DC for example is the best-looking racer to date imo, that includes PC racers.
    what? in what way does the PS4 have more resources available than a dedicated gaming PC?? lol thats just delusional...

    Driveclub is a fantastic looking game...that runs at 30fps...the right PC could certainly run that game at 60fps...even higher...

    many PC specific racers are much more focused on physics than visuals..thats just fact...though Project Cars, when maxed out on PC is at least on par with Driveclub...and evidence of the consoles inferiority would be that Project Cars on the PS4 is nowhere near as detailed as Project Cars on a high end PC...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you are assuming this.
    no more of an assumption than if you like Killzone youre not a shooter veteran lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you’ve missed the point again.
    there is no point to miss...you cant compare a TPS to a FPS...its a completely different genre...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    and that wasn’t my point. I’m just stating a phenomenon. Generally people with less exposure tend to like the KZ series more. Generally shooter veterans look at KZ and look away. When you have played enough shooters and have played enough great shooters, KZ looks like nothing.
    you know what they say about assumptions?

    im sure you have some actual evidence to back up these claims right??...and i truly hope its more than sales numbers, or player counts...

    because CoD's popularity debunks that straight off the bat, so dont bother..

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    right except there are many other styles of shooters, those aren’t the only two. Not even close.
    of course there are many others...but you agreed that they are on opposite ends of the spectrum..and i like them both...broad horizons...youre the one limiting yourself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    well I’m not. And I didn’t mention anywhere that I was limiting the discussion to consoles only.
    and yet i clearly was...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Shield. Health Regen. Aim-assist (still the best out there).
    1. Halo CE doesn't have Health Regen...it uses health packs...your shield regenerates...i would expect a veteran such as yourself to know that...

    2. Im surprised to see a shooter veteran like yourself talk about aim assist and "best" in the same sentence...dont you guys hate aim assist?...oh and btw...Killzone Shadowfall has NO aim assist...for the record...generally something you veterans of the shooter genre complain about no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    In general. Then for consoles: humungous environments. Vehicles. Controls in layout and sensitivity. Physics. And last but not least, A.I. which wasn’t necessarily a new feature but it was one of the best ever.
    what do humungous environments have to do with multiplayer?...nothing...Halo CE was the first console game with physics?...no...There was A.I. in Halo CE's multiplayer?...no...

    huh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    because good opinions are backed with something substantial.
    So again, what has KZ brought to the table? Unlike you, I’m not shooting down your opinion without asking you the reasons behind it.
    and yet ive never claimed that Killzone brought ANYTHING to the table...but yet as a whole package the game simply clicked for me...absolutely everything about it..it had a vastly different feel to it than Halo or CoD..and that was very welcomed..
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  18. #17
    Fire the space harpoons!
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,208
    Rep Power
    122
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    KZ2 and 3 had awesome multiplayer...id even argue KZ2 was the best MP shooter of the generation, but KZ3 wasnt as good...plays very different than any of the other shooters...though Black Ops II on my 360 got exponentially more hours played...

    KZ (particularly the PS3 versions) has to be approached COMPLETELY different than CoD...its not a twitch shooter by any stretch..not a bad thing, but very different

    i enjoyed Shadow Fall's multiplayer as well...though i think it was a step back from the PS3 KZ games..a group of my 360 only friends purchased PS4's this generation based solely on how much they liked KZ:SF's multiplayer at my house...so take that for whats its worth...
    i agree with virtually everything you said. Kz2 was the best mp of the series imo as well. It also trumped by a country mile CoD but then I hold that game in very low regard anyway.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  19. #18
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196

  20. #19
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,824
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    in other words, what would you give it compared to all the other online MP shooters ever made? out of 10.
    I don't know, 7.5?

    CoD brought RPG-like progression and kill-streaks, but I doubt that's why you love it, Sufi. I personally hate those additions. They give advantages to better players, while I prefer a clean slate for every match.. Kill streaks? Why on earth reward the better players with even easier kills.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  21. #20
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,165
    Rep Power
    114
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm not excited. GG don't know what the $#@! they're doing when it comes to telling a story.


  22. #21
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I don't know, 7.5?
    yeah, i figured as much. i'd probably rate it about the same. i just don't play very many average shooters.

    CoD brought RPG-like progression and kill-streaks, but I doubt that's why you love it, Sufi. I personally hate those additions. They give advantages to better players, while I prefer a clean slate for every match.. Kill streaks? Why on earth reward the better players with even easier kills.
    lol because it's for everyone. but yeah, while i don't like these additions, i do like them as an option in COD games. and i usually don't get stuck getting killed by killstreaks, also i played a lot of S&D which meant i don't deal with much killstreaks at all, if any.

    but yeah, the RPG-like progression was great, at the same time, i miss having games like SOCOM/R6 (raven shield) where you had everything from the beginning and it was about which gun you needed for the situation.

    in the end, i understand that not every game has to be the same, as long as they're doing something interesting, i'll play them.

  23. #22
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    the only parentheses i see are "(particularly the PS3 versions)". that doesn't equal to what you're now saying.
    after i was discussion console titles, you brought up PC games...to which i responded..
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    - was talking consoles not PC (as i mentioned in my post multiple times)...ive played Doom, Wolfenstein, UT, Half life back in the day...Wolfenstein and Doom 2 are some of my favorite games of all time
    to which you responded...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    no you did not mention any of those games before. i'm talking about all shooters of any platform. not just consoles. i think it's fair to compare at this point since consoles have the power to outperform PC shooters in most areas.
    OF COURSE i didnt mention those games before...because as the words inside the parentheses (that you apparently missed, yet quoted...did you see this one?) stated...i wasnt talking about PC games...

    [QUOTE=Omar;6360590]in other words, what would you give it compared to all the other online MP shooters ever made? out of 10.



    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    not in all scenarios but in quite a few. it's not delusional. it's the truth. PC is at this point stuck with console ports, it doesn't have nearly the amount of exclusive...note: exclusives that take advantage of the hardware. there are some but they are scarce. PC always has a soft limit to how much resources they can utilize because they want it to run on most PCs out there. i'm not going to go further into this. you can go ahead and believe what you want. my DC comment still stands and hasn't been shot down by you yet. so either bring it or move on.
    no...just no...there is no scenario that the consoles outperform high end gaming rigs...its absolutely not the truth...outside of absolutely botched coding its simply not the truth...

    of course consoles have more exclusives, and of course they are often ports...but those ports will always (unless intentionally held back for parity, sorry i know you struggle with parentheses) look better than their console counterparts...even if its marginal...

    the PS4 and Xbone run very few games that match the "ultra" settings on their PC counterpart...just go read the Digital Foundry face-offs...the PC version is always clearly the better looking of the 3...

    Driveclub can't be compared to anything on the PC because its exclusive, if it was made for the PC it would run and look better...period...whether it was a port or not...Driveclub only looks as good as it does because it is capped at 30fps...

    and id argue that Project Cars looks better maxed out on the PC than Driveclub looks on the PS4...at higher resolutions and framerates...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i never said that. but you've again proved another point of mine, look above. i'm saying that PC is stuck with ports. they generally only play ports a bit better, they generally don't target the best graphics. UC4 for example looks better than anything ever seen on PC. Heck, Order 1886 already takes the cake there.
    lets not get ahead of ourselves here...

    1. they dont play ports "a bit" better...they can run games at twice the resolution, and twice the framerate in some cases...at the same time...they have higher quality textures, lighting...almost unlimited anti-aliasing options that would bring the framerates on consoles to an absolute CRAWL...try running 8xMSAA on a console and see what happens...

    2. We have only seen 10 seconds of Uncharted 4...its stunning and yes, that might be the best graphics we've seen...but that doesnt make consoles superior to PC's in any way...the Order as well looks great...but its got some crap textures floating around...is only rendering 1920x800 pixels...and 30fps...

    games like Metro Last Light, ARMA 3, or Project Cars...heck even the original Crysis...completely maxed out?...those games would probably run at 10fps (if that) on the PS4 or Xbone...i dont care what level of optimization you had

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    yeah, i'm not denying that consoles aren't inferior when it comes to unoptimized code. but when it comes to optimized code, it has an edge. now you can take all the best-looking PS4 exclusives and put them on the PC with slightly better visuals but the point is that those games are exclusives and they are optimized for the PS4 and they look better than PC games. reason being resources. PS4 devs can push the PS4 as much as they can and it will only be a good thing, on PC you are always stuck between the market you want to target and the specs you want to target, it can never be mutually exclusive.
    against similar hardware on the PC absolutely consoles have the edge...but against someone rocking a bigtime i7 and a Titan?...come on bro...

    the reason is not RESOURCES...good lord lol...in what way does the PS4 have more resources than a dedicated high end gaming rig?...GPU specs? nope...RAM? nope...CPU specs? nope...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    generally yes, you're not. especially if you say that it's the best shooter of the generation.
    best multiplayer shooter in my opinion of the last console generation...yes...stand by my opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ...ok i wasn't comparing them directly. i was only talking about what they brought to the table.
    doesnt matter...completely different genres...its like blasting Halo because the Warthog physics suck compared to Gran Turismo...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    1) it's something i've observed.
    can you show me the evidence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    2) you think COD did not bring anything new? lol here we go again. you want more pointers?
    can you show me where i said that??

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    each time you say an evolutionary (note: more than revolutionary), shooter didn't bring anything to the table, you lose credibility.
    says the guy arguing consoles have more resources than PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i did not agree that they were on the opposite ends. not at all. i'd say KZ is somewhere in the middle if we were to say that one spectrum is casual/simple and the other is hardcore/complicated.
    actually you did agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    you dont get much different than CoD and Killzone in terms of how a shooter feels and plays...one being a 60fps twitch shooter, the other being a slow, plodding 30fps shooter...i like them equally
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    right except there are many other styles of shooters, those aren’t the only two. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i'm not limiting myself by not playing a shooter that continues to bring nothing new.
    you also said you have not touched a Halo game in 10 years...sounds like youre limiting yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    it's been over 10 years since i touched a halo game. but yes, i should have said shield regen.
    and yet youre an expert on the FPS genre...lol...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    look i'm being schooled by an MP casual lol. yes i did hate it but guess what, i did not know for the longest time that Halo had aim-assist. they did it so beautifully. being a SOCOM vet, i absolutely hated aim-assist in COD:MW and still don't like it even though i'm more used to it. but Halo still has the best imo.
    funny...Killzone brought a lack of aim assist to console shooters...but i guess that doesnt fit your argument...

    isnt it also funny that "casuals" would for some reason prefer a game with no aim-assist? while you the "hardcore" shooter fan doesnt?...weird...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    joking?
    not at all...the Halo:CE multiplayer maps are not all that big...campaign? sure...but multiplayer? not really...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    to my knowledge yes it was the first game with physics and especially vehicle physics.
    can we save this post for eternity??...Halo: Combat Evolved is the first video game with physics...did everyone get that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    A.I. wasn't in multiplayer but i was speaking about things in general that it brought.
    which makes it irrelevant since this conversation is about MULTIPLAYER

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ok so what are you arguing about then? you like it, that's fine, am i saying, you don't like it? i can't argue that right? i'm saying, this is why i don't like KZ, it doesn't bring anything new to the table, i don't think it should be considered anywhere near being the best shooter of the generation in any sense.
    and youre perfectly welcomed to your opinion...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    if you think otherwise, then it has to bring something to the table, this is a new phenomenon to me. that a game didn't bring "anything" new to the genre and still took the best MP game of the generation title. could you name any games like that?
    why does it need to bring something new to the table? it doesnt need to at all...to me the package as a whole made it the best multiplayer shooter of the previous console generation...

    i mean TLoU or Uncharted dont really bring anything new to the TPS genre..they are pretty basic Third Person Cover shooters when it comes to game mechanics...in fact many would argue that their gameplay mechanics are average at best...yet many would also argue TLoU is the game of the entire generation

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    except he didn't say it was "the best mp of the series", he said it was the best MP shooter of the generation (for consoles).
    and yes, i would say it arguably is the best MP shooter of the last console generation...followed very very closely by CoD4 (which is the better overall game)...

    how can someone who admittedly has not TOUCHED a Halo game in over 10 years, even be taken seriously when discussing the best shooters of a console generation?...
    Last edited by Metfanant; 07-17-2014 at 01:41.
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  24. #23
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196

  25. #24
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,549
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    well like i said, i wasn't talking about consoles or i would've said consoles only. can we move on?
    which is part of the problem, because ive been talking about consoles since the beginning...


    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    see like i said, it's not worth going into because you're not understanding what i'm saying. i'm not saying PS4 has more overall resources. i'm saying that while PC has "infinite" resources or resources depending on the setup you have, it's up to the developer as to how far they want to push the game.
    absolutely true, yet all the ports you talk about...even with all the optimization for the consoles...ya know "coding to the metal" they all still run and look better on the PC....Battlefield, CoD, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, you name it, it runs better on the PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    the best GPU out right now may be 10x the power of the PS4 but it can only run MAYBE 2x better than what the PS4 can. why is that? think about that, very hard. now if that 10x power GPU was in a console right now (hypothetically speaking), it would run circles around any PC game out. why? because on the consoles, they aren't restricted by multiple configurations. why do you think Crysis was infamous for not being able to run properly? because it was made for PCs that weren't even out in 2007. this is precisely why they stopped doing that and Crysis 2 looked significantly worse minus some things that did get better due to the engine improving in some ways but overall it was limited due to the game being designed with the lowest common denominator (consoles).
    restricted or not...the games still look and run better on PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    the statement you made that DC is only the best looking because it's exclusive is exactly my point. PC doesn't have the support, and when it does, most developers do not want to push the hardware. why are all the top online games on PC $#@!ty looking? (WoW e.g.) because they don't want to put out a game that people can't play. one of the reasons i'd say minecraft is popular, on top of the fact that it's just fun to play.

    i never said DC is the best looking racing game...actually id argue a setup running Project Cars completely maxed looks better...completely different environments though so hard to make the comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    GT5 models were unbeatable even on PC up until we got into the new generation, now you can argue that a PC port of GT5 would've been better...and yes that's true but my point is, it isn't out on the PC and PC didn't beat it. that's what i mean that PS4 is competing with the best PCs out there. because speaking of "theory" and actual "reality" are both very different things.
    but again...the PC is going to win head to head every time...for consoles to get even close you need to cut corners...lower resolution, lower framerates...prebaked lighting...on the PC? not an issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    if UC4 doesn't come out on PC (which it likely won't), guess which platform will have the best-looking action/adventure game? i think you're getting the point now. maybe. hopefully.

    reason being no mutiplat dev is going to beat UC4 visuals for a very long time and PC can only deliver so much better than what those multiplats will look like. so PC is always limited by being a port machine. Project Cars on PC e.g. does not look much better than the consoles. it might perform better and might have a higher resolution but it doesn't look better than DC and until DC is going to be ported on the PC (which it likely won't, again), PS4 will keep that throne.
    i would wager there will be a game that looks better than UC4 on the PC not that far off...by the way...you got any technical facts to back up your drive club claims?? poly counts? etc?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    it's theory vs reality. people like reality, they don't care about theory. theory doesn't sell.
    and the reality is that high end PC's stomp all over the consoles in every way

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    right, with a tri/quad GPU setup, you can do some of those things but that's not the point i'm making.
    single CPU, single GPU setups for less than $1000 will absolutely SMOKE the PS4....

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    oh yes it does make consoles superior to PC in "some context", i never said that consoles are superior to PC without any context. go back and read my posts, i never said that. it doesn't matter, visually, Order 1886 is the best looking game i've seen on any platform. it's locked at 30fps, its visuals are good enough to be at 30fps.
    actually its not locked, its capped...but a veteran would know this...and yes, its a very good looking game...but again...only rendering 1920x800 real pixels...and only 30fps...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    likely ARMA 3 due to RAM issues but an ARMA 3 specifically built for the PS4 from "scratch" and having enough support, it may be possible. but i don't think the developer would do a good job, they already hog the PC resources too much. the rest of the games you've mentioned, if made specifically for the PS4 from "scratch" (again) would look better than the multiplat ones we see now.
    No, ARMA 3 made specifically for the PS4 by Naughty Dog themselves wouldnt match the PC versions graphics...its just not possible...the PS4 simply cannot do things that are possible on PC hardware...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    now granted, the game would look better on PC if they were also specifically designed for it from scratch (without multiplat coding, without making it for the lesser platforms) but the problem is that it will likely never happen...rarely if it does and it would be difficult for the developer to sell it to the masses if it can't run on most PCs out there. remember, the top end PCs are only 1% of the total out there. so even the high settings that PS4 runs BF4 at, most PC gamers don't even see those details on their PCs. in reality, on average, console gamers enjoy the higher visuals than PC users. this is another place where consoles are beating PCs.
    again, you have any stats to back up your claims about most PC BF4 players using settings below the consoles?? nah, i didnt think so...

    a game doesnt need to be designed from scratch for the PC to look better than its console counterpart...something like a GTX Titan has enough of a brute force advantage over the PS4 to perform better regardless of optimization...BF4 looks exponentionally better maxed out on a PC than it does on the PS4...


    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    sure but your opinion lacks substance. it's like saying X1 is the best console ever made, can you go against that? nope, it's an opinion but it stinks. your opinion stinks XD
    my opinion has all the substance it needs...saying the Xbone is the best console ever made from a hardware standpoint is just factually wrong...me saying i enjoyed everything about KZ2's multiplayer is also a fact...because i did...saying i enjoyed it more than any other console multiplayer shooter...is also a fact...

    so in my opinion, it was the best shooter of the previous console generation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    lol. where did i compare direct features? all i said was that SOCOM brought something unique to the table, KZ did not. I could compare it to any game in that context. for the umpteenth time, i'm not comparing the games directly, all i'm talking about is their influence.
    your comparison holds no water...you cant say "well SOCOM brought this to the table, but KZ doesnt"

    it makes no sense...they are completely different games..
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you. the first guy that posted in this thread, likely. the guy who created the PSU thread, for sure with a statement like that.
    so like i said...you have no evidence to support your claims right??


    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    so what else were you implying by this statement, "because CoD's popularity debunks that straight off the bat, so dont bother.."
    because i was waiting for you to use player count or sales numbers to prove that "real" shooter fans dont play the game...but CoD's immense player count would refute those claims...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    that's inaccurate, i never said that. available is not the same as having more in general.
    PC's have more available resources as well...


    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ok i see why you think that way. i was acknowledging your statement by saying "right" ..."except". but the bottom line is that i don't think KZ is hardcore lol. far from it. it's just slow...it's not strategic like some other shooters i've played.
    exactly what makes it so un strategic?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    You want me to keep playing Halo 1 today? i don't know how that has to do with anything. i played Halo when it was popular, just like every other shooter i talked about...i don't play most of those anymore either. point being, i played the game, i know what it's about, what it has to offer and i can judge future games against it. i don't need to keep laying it in order to keep my perception intact.
    noooo you clearly said you have not touched A HALO GAME in 10 years....that means you have not played a Halo game since Halo 2...since that was 10 years ago...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    really bro? lol. i think you should maybe play a game or two with me and then we can post the video here hell i'd play KZ:SF for you except i don't own $#@!ty games. but you said you have BF4, you are welcome any time. i'm always here.
    first of all being an expert has nothing to do with how good you are at a game...Michael Jordan was arguably the best basketball player ever...as an executive, he has struggled to build a team to make the playoffs...

    being better than me (if you even are) at BF4 wouldnt prove a thing...as your unintelligible arguments here have shown clearly to everyone reading this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    it didn't bring it, it just didn't have it. that's not a feature btw. that's just not having something. e.g. SOCOM not having aim-assist wasn't a feature lol.
    actually i would def say a console shooter not having AIM assist is very much a feature...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you're assuming this. actually i mentioned earlier that i prefer SOCOM's no aim-assist but you must have missed that.
    again comparing a TPS to a FPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    blood gulch e.g. was huge, not sure what you're talking about here. do you remember that one ice/snow map? that was freaking huge.
    blood gultch and sidewinder are big...but the rest of the maps are damn near closets...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you forgot to give an example of another. i know for sure no other game has physics as good as the vehicles in Halo. hell even today.
    i dont need to give an example...because every game has physics slick...every.single.one

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    lol ok, wouldn't that make it easier for you because you can't even bring up one off online for KZ?
    is that even english?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    yes i am and my opinion is backed with a basis too.
    your opinion isnt based on anything...you even said you "dont own $#@! games" so i must question...how many hours of KZ2 multiplayer did you play?? KZ3?..

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    like i was saying earlier, while you are entitled to your opinion, show me one example of where a shooter received awards for being the best of the year (which should be easier to achieve than your "best MP of the generation") and it didn't bring anything new to the table.
    i wouldnt call Modern Warfare 3 exactly revolutionary to the FPS genre (or Black Ops for that matter) but they both won "Best Shooter" at the VGAs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    yeah they do. they bring storytelling that hasn't been done this way. that's the reason i play the games. the storyline and dialogue are exceptionally done well. one of the best in the industry and that is very rare. i haven't played TLOU but all i've heard about it is how smooth it is and how good the storytelling is. i'd think it was doing more then UC.
    those are not gameplay elements at all though...if its just about the story, why not watch a movie?? now youre spinning...btw TLoU isnt smooth at all...its framerate chugs to say the least...incredible game though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ok. we're just arguing for the sake of argument at this point. you have proved to everyone that you are more qualified to talk about shooters, so there's nothing else to talk about.
    all ive proven is you dont know half of what you want people to think you do...
    Last edited by Metfanant; 07-17-2014 at 06:23.
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  26. #25
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,722
    Rep Power
    196

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.