Superior Member

Please japanese Developers save the vita please!!!

We need more quality first party games please....i Remember in psp days evry couple months we had a Rpg.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There's plenty of JRPGs, people need to buy them if they want more. Worked for the Tales series.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've got 3 jRPGs so far and completed them , but it's not just Japan, I think every developer needs to start properly developing for the Vita. Can't wait for Gravity Rush 2 though.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I've got 3 jRPGs so far and completed them , but it's not just Japan, I think every developer needs to start properly developing for the Vita. Can't wait for Gravity Rush 2 though.
    Yeah.....hope they tweak the controls a little though. Danganronpa 2 is next month! Freedom Wars coming.

Personally, I'm feeling the Vita love!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    A lot of Japanese gamers seemed to not like FreedomWars but I'm still going to give it a shot. Currently I have backlog on my vita so I think there's a good amount of games out and more are coming so I'm satisfied it's just for people who don't prefer the jRPGs or RPGs in general that don't have much to play but even then you got a good amount of games to choose from.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Vita has quality JPRGs Persona,Tales, Ys and many more.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden,Ys Memories Of Celceta
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Forum Overseer
    Japanesedevs@arif: k.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I think it's more down to Sony than is it developers imo!

Forum Overseer
    i think sony has done their part. they have a successful system (of all-time so far), it's easy to develop for, powerful, japanese people would like it (cause it's not much different than PS1/PS2) and it has a user base that is into japanese games as well.

what more could the devs want? i think they were afraid that it would be a PS3 repeat and that’s why they didn’t show support before it was out but i think the confidence should be there and we should be seeing good stuff in a couple of years, if not, then at least by the end of this generation. if not then consider Japan dead for consoles. because there ain't gonna be anything better than this. well not speaking about handhelds.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It's Sony fault because if there's no first party support then why should 3rd parties bother? Nintendo are supporting the 3DS which encourages third parties. Simple as that really.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It's Sony fault because if there's no first party support then why should 3rd parties bother? Nintendo are supporting the 3DS which encourages third parties. Simple as that really.
    well Nintendo just happens to have japanese-oriented first party games so it fits and they have had years of stronghold there, not to mention, consoles are just not getting support from japanese devs since PS2.

Sony has first party support, just not something the Japanese would like. and i think it works both ways, i'm sure Sony doesn't care about Japan either as much as they did before because like i mentioned, devs have sort of already left to work on tablets/phones/handhelds. that would explain why Japanese launch was delayed and was not a priority.

do i want Sony to release a JRPG? of course, i've been saying they should be working on RPGs for a very long time. but i guess it's not that simple. how many copies do the best games sell over there? i could've sworn i read that a mario game sold like 60k in a week over there, that's pretty weak if you compare it to games that sell in NA/EU combined. heck even a western PS game (don't remember if it was vita/ps3 or ps4) also sold a game that had 60k sales in japan...so what's the point of releasing a game there.

they need more than a game or two. they need a healthy dose of it and i feel like even then...we just don't know if consoles will ever be as popular as handhelds there. they're just a very portable society. We need more/bigger support like from SE that would jumpstart the console scene there.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I'm not talking about the PS4.

Forum Overseer
    oh right, you mean the Vita, you have to realize my screen isn't that big so sometimes i forget the title. yes from vita's perspective, they should support but i think it kind of applies there too. Sony doesn't have the japanese games with their first party like Nintendo does. that's a natural advantage there.

handheld are more popular in japan than the states while it's possible the sales may be higher here. but proportionately speaking.

and yes, i'm sure the first party support is still weak because they sort of don't consider vita that important (judging from their language).

they're just letting it ride this hour out, and will probably pick it up by the end of this year or next. they have to, especially since the PS4 is popular. they are also bundling them together correct? they will do something, just that they have nothing to go for right now imo.

they also haven't really garnered much support from japanese devs, to my knowledge, Vita is more of a western device than an eastern. basically sony doesn't know wtf they're doing with it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Vita has quite a bit of first party support in Japan if you take a look at Japanese sales threads it's doing 4X what the PS4 is doing there so Sony has to keep supporting it otherwise they'll have nothing in Japan. After Freedom Wars doing huge numbers for Sony they sure as hell are gonna keep supporting it with Japanese games at this point.

Superior Member
    Oreshika is coming out soon in Japan so hopefully people will buy it. Hope JP studio or third party games just don't keep making Monster Hunter clones for the Vita.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden,Ys Memories Of Celceta

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    Oreshika is coming out soon in Japan so hopefully people will buy it. Hope JP studio or third party games just don't keep making Monster Hunter clones for the Vita.
    Yeah, seriously there are so many clones on the market now it's going to kill the genre.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Agreed but so far it's working for them.

I've barely even looked into Oreshika until just now. So this is a sequel to a 1999 PS1 game? That's a pretty long time for a sequel to finally happen, wouldve expected a remake for Vita before this one releases. It looks pretty good though for sure.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Agreed but so far it's working for them.

I've barely even looked into Oreshika until just now. So this is a sequel to a 1999 PS1 game? That's a pretty long time for a sequel to finally happen, wouldve expected a remake for Vita before this one releases. It looks pretty good though for sure.
    It does look nice got Okami like graphics it sucks the game is digital only in the west from what i've just heard. Dang these games need at least some marketing in the west. They should of released a remaster of the 1st one.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I read a little more into it and apparently NIS did remaster it for PSP but never left Japan like the PS1 game.

Superior Member
    Seems like Alfa System developed both the original and this one that is coming out.

Thread Information