Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I can't wait for GTAV on PS4

it's weird that i'm anticipating this title so much, considering i hate so many things about its online mode. but i feel they can improve on those things and they have shown heavy improvements in certain visual areas. i'm very hopeful and i expect a lot of improvement from the developer.

overall, i have been noticing that they are adding things to the game that have made things better...at times added more options to make things more interesting/fun/functional.

this game still looks amazing on the PS3 even though i've been spoiled by next-gen graphics. this is my most anticipated title at the moment.

64 players, 64 players, 64 players *fingers crossed*

2. Likes EHY893, Captncoke49 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    I can't wait either, even though I did get it on PS3 and just beat the story a few weeks ago. But I must admit I am a GTA nut and I will double dip on this game without question. I could play this game for years and not get tired of it, I wish there was more story missions coming with the new version but I will gladly just steal cars and kill cops till the cows come home.

The only thing I wish they would add was a way to make some more $$$ consistently in the single player. Like being able to sell cars to LS Customs but keep it like the online where you can only sell cars every 24 hours in game time and can't sell high end cars.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Forum Overseer

i thought that's why they let you own businsses, they're like dailies from World of Warcraft, just to make some money.

also i've been pretty consistently playing this game since launch. and i still can't wait for the upgrade...only because i know there will be large upgrades that we aren't expecting. they still haven't shown us anything but from what we do know, the differences are pretty significant.

wonder if that will hold true online as well. hope so.

Finally You Are Free
    This is how the game was meant to be experienced. I could feel when playing the PS3/360 version that the game wasn't at its full potential. I'm so happy I waited.

6. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Forum Overseer

i don't regret that i didn't wait because man, this is GTA, come on! i have never waited on GTA. don't think i ever have...well since GTA 3 lol.

and i kind of skipped GTAIV DLC (had it for a while, meh) and I skipped Liberty Stories.

but it's still an amazing game, the story was just awesome but then it was disappointing in the end lol but overall it was just great.

the graphics still amaze me, some of the details are just like how the $#@! did they do that.

the smallest details in such a large world...so crazy.

but yeah, it always felt unfinished in some ways. like first it didn't seem optimized well, like there was something better already running and they gave us the lowest settings from it. the game seems not possible for last-gen...and it makes sense because they probably built the next-gen versions first (maybe, just a guess) and then they rebuilt it with lower "everything" and replaced stuff that they just could not do even at the lowest settings for the PS3/360.

probably built it for PC first because that makes the most sense. PS4/X1 weren't even likely protyped back then.

and then i'm thinking they have been working on the PS4/X1 versions + PC since they were announced/released (given kits) etc.

the only thing i'm worried about is that they might just give us the visual upgrades and possibly botch the potential improvements they can make on the gameplay side, especially online.

e.g. 16 players on next-gen would be insanely dumb. this alone would make me want to skip it until it's cheap as hell. if it's 64 players, i probably would be forced to buy it again.

if they have an upgrade feature (which i doubt because they know we will buy it still), it would be a dream come true and i'd be a happy camper. but seeing TLOU remaster, i highly doubt they will give us that.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i thought that's why they let you own businesses, they're like dailies from World of Warcraft, just to make some money.
    Yes you are correct, I just wish the businesses weren't so overpriced or the return was a bit better. That way you could get and use the money from the businesses before having to finish the story and get the real big payout when you can finally afford to buy some of the businesses.

I am really looking forward to being able to save gameplay on the PS4, because there is some crazy stuff that happens during police chases that would be really cool to show off to your friends.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Forum Overseer

yeah, so many times i went, omg i'm going to capture that real quick...oh wait, i'm on my PS3 lol.

well the thing they did there was to unnecessarily make the game longer by keeping the prices higher, so you'll spend more time grinding.

the trick is that you buy all the possible places you can and then keep doing all the missions (which should take you a while every time you play) and you end up getting a decent amount. this is my theory.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    CrazyShady
    Items User name style
    The announcement of GTA V on PS4 was IMO the most exciting announcement of the evening. Confirming it after being rumoured for forever was so satisfying. Adored GTA V even though like you mentioned Omar the online did have many issues (wish there was a "GTA IV" mode, reckless disregard for money and just do crazy sh!t with friends and rocket launchers).

Played the heck out of it on ps3. Can't wait to do it again on my ps4.

PSN: CrazyShady GAMERTAG: CrazyShady44
    PS4 | PS Vita| Xbox 360 | PS3

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yup, a fully-realised and enhanced online mode's the game's saving grace I think. It's made me stand up and take notice for sure, but I doubt I'll take the second plunge.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Overseer

it's baffling to me why they won't make a mode where you can't kill others. i would think that would be way more fun. and if not that then they need to make the passive mode really passive. no matter what happens to you, you should not die. especially if you're driving around. and you can't kill others either.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I also can't wait for it. I have beat the game multiple times and I still want it more than any other game right now.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by EHY893 View Post
    I also can't wait for it. I have beat the game multiple times and I still want it more than any other game right now.
    I feel the same. I mean sure, we've already experienced the game on a lower console, but that just means we get to experience it again and really appreciate all the updates.

It's like when you get a new PC and can run the game on settings you couldn't earlier. The game may be old but it feels new. Not to mention the ability to capture clips.

Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    I can't wait either, even though I did get it on PS3 and just beat the story a few weeks ago. But I must admit I am a GTA nut and I will double dip on this game without question. I could play this game for years and not get tired of it, I wish there was more story missions coming with the new version but I will gladly just steal cars and kill cops till the cows come home.

The only thing I wish they would add was a way to make some more $$$ consistently in the single player. Like being able to sell cars to LS Customs but keep it like the online where you can only sell cars every 24 hours in game time and can't sell high end cars.
    I learned from my first playthrough to save the Assassination missions. My second 100% save I have $1.5 billion for every character. I think I've only spend $125 million across all of them as well and don't have much to spend money on other than car upgrades, which Franklin gets for free. I wish they would add more to spend money on than ways to make it (though with it being single player, they should just increase the amount you earn from businesses and maybe add smaller ones like gas stations).

15. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer

i think GTA 5 is going to feel completely different. because of the immersion level graphics will bring.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm poised to get my PS4 in 2 weeks if all goes to plan and I'm SO excited to play this for the first time on PS4...along with AC:BF, inFamous, MGS:GZ and FFXIV.

Forum Overseer

lol PS4 virgin^

19. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    lol PS4 virgin^
    Haha pretty much, I've had to rock the PeasantStation 3 a bit longer than hoped but all I really play these days is FFXIV so it was bearable. However, newer content is starting to make PS3's shortcomings somewhat unbearable.

Ultimate Veteran
    I will also be geting this game also.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Had this game on PS3 and since I sold it to fund my PS4 I have missed it badly so was really happy when they announced it for current gen! Already on pre order so can't wait until it comes towards the end of the year
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Master Sage
    It's on my radar but more so than buying it I am just looking forward to seeing others play it on ps live

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Had this game on PS3 and since I sold it to fund my PS4 I have missed it badly so was really happy when they announced it for current gen! Already on pre order so can't wait until it comes towards the end of the year
    i almost sold it several times, mostly because i just didn't see the point in playing online. it's just so broken. there's so much potential and all they can come up with is some stupid free roam (where everyone is killing one another) and jobs that you need to jump out of the lobby to get in...stupid! how about some 166 player missions? now that is something i'd love to play.

Elite Guru
    Another thing that makes it worth rebuying (for me anyway) is that eventually there will be single player DLC that will come out, and naturally I'd want to play it on the best looking version.

This will be a game that I will be attempting to 100% and Platinum on PS4. Just hope I have the patience for the online rank grind.

Forum Overseer

yes i heard rumors that there is going to be an SP DLC. i guess that explains why the ending was so lame lol

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    i think GTA 5 is going to feel completely different. because of the immersion level graphics will bring.
    I think just the increase in traffic density will help immersion. I'm also hoping lighting is fixed. Below is a picture of police siren lights going through a shipping container. This wasn't fixed in the next-gen trailer so I'm not holding my breath.

And then this picture, where the car lights (from the right, off-screen) go through the pedestrian and she doesn't cast a shadow.

Ultimately it's not huge and the trade-off may not be worth it, but it's certainly noticeable when you look at the dynamic shadows in IV (though if I recall correctly, unless you were on PC with maxed settings they looked ugly).

Quote Originally Posted by EHY893 View Post
    Another thing that makes it worth rebuying (for me anyway) is that eventually there will be single player DLC that will come out, and naturally I'd want to play it on the best looking version.

This will be a game that I will be attempting to 100% and Platinum on PS4. Just hope I have the patience for the online rank grind.
    I would have loved if they removed so much of the Online stuff required. Kill a mugger, do everything, place first in 15 different game modes, finish wave 10 of a Survival. I don't have the patience for that. I'll likely end with what I have now on PS3, which is all single player trophies and then the ones online that are hard not to get.

For now I'm just eagerly awaiting some screenshots from the PS4 version.
    Last edited by ttech10; 07-18-2014 at 19:52.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I would have loved if they removed so much of the Online stuff required. Kill a mugger, do everything, place first in 15 different game modes, finish wave 10 of a Survival. I don't have the patience for that. I'll likely end with what I have now on PS3, which is all single player trophies and then the ones online that are hard not to get.

For now I'm just eagerly awaiting some screenshots from the PS4 version.
    I agree, I think a game like GTA in general shouldn't have MP trophies, there's enough collection based trophies and completion trophies in it to make it a grind as it is without having to spend hundreds of hours online with people who can sometimes (most of the time) just annoy you.

Honestly reaching rank 25 online is a grind in itself nevermind rank 100, plus all the other ones you mentioned.

29. Likes ttech10 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    It's also not even like the online portion is a mode people were going to ignore. It could have been something like complete 10 jobs, reach the rank of 20, buy a property, join a crew (or maybe join and play in a lobby with a fellow crew member) and spend X amount of money on clothing.

Thread Information