Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    online mode may be the biggest missed opportunity i have seen in my entire MP gaming life. it makes me want to slap the $#@! out of all the people that came up with the ideas for online play.

2. Likes ttech10 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I wish they'd announce an actual release date already. The wait is worse not knowing lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    They should be able to fix the many flaws, but the story, characters and plot will still be crap.Nothing can change that.

Selected Members Council
    I'd rather see Rockstar's next game. GTA VI, Bully 2, Read Dead 3 or something new.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    I'd rather see Rockstar's next game. GTA VI, Bully 2, Read Dead 3 or something new.
    No doubt, but it's highly likely them working on V for PS4/PC/Xbox One isn't bothering those developments. Not only do they have different publishers for the games but they are still working on GTA: Online stuff as well as DLC and V for next gen hardware was likely a part of their plan all along.

Selected Members Council
    I just mean to say I'm not excited for the re-release myself. I enjoyed GTA V but grew bored of it eventually.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Overseer
    well darn, i don't think anyone would disagree with a next GTA here lol but i'll take what i can get. also it will hold me off until the next GTA. and Rockstar put a lot of effort into their online updates. so that's a good thing. they are newbs but they're trying hard and hopefully they fix a lot of the issues.

one for example, bringing back jog while you aim...like why the $#@! is that not in there? also they need to change the aim assist to the way it is done in other games...not the stick on auto aim thing they have right now.

i would also like a crouch option in there, possibly laying down as well. and make the weapons have longer ranges...the range is really lame right now.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    I just mean to say I'm not excited for the re-release myself. I enjoyed GTA V but grew bored of it eventually.
    I definitely didn't get the same feeling from the story or gameplay that I got from the other games, but I did enjoy the heist setup stuff. I'm mostly interested in the graphical side of things since I mostly enjoy driving around and not doing anything in particular.

Plus, which I just recalled today, I'm hoping the upgraded damage effects look more like the damage in IV.

Forum Overseer
    i just wanna play the game above 22 fps.

Banned

This is why I waited on GTA V.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I sold my copy just before the PS4 released, so I am ready to get back in to it. So far it is easily my favorite GTA game in the series.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    This is why I waited on GTA V.
    i can't possible wait a year on any GTA game.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Is it really that bad? I haven't noticed FPS being a major issue. The main things I see are flickering (I think it's related to jagged edges, Watch_Dogs on previous gen has this where new gen doesn't) and object pop-in and texture loading. I've seen videos of highway overpasses not loading until you're directly under them and have ran into stuff like streetlights that appear right in front of me.

The texture loading stuff, I see it mostly with the road, but it's the biggest annoyance. What should be solid double yellow lines show up as a single striped white line so far ahead of the vehicle (or any other number of variations). The best example is this road by the airport looking up the hill. The picture is pretty bad quality, but it shows the thing I'm talking about.

Forum Overseer
    22 fps was an exaggeration lol yes. but it does get down to that. very easily too. i mean, probably not 22 but you know, it likely varies from early 20s to 26, 27, 28. i can tell when it's not 30fps. 30fps locked would be really good for a game like this. sadly, that's not the case. especially when you're shooting at fast-moving enemies. it can chug.

i think the experience would immensely get better with a higher preferably 60fps, on top of that, there's the pop-in issue and yes, the low-res textures from afar. all these things alone would bring a drastic change in experience and we're not even talking about the additional details they're about to add.

i'm still very impressed with the close up details this game has, i can't imagine how good the next-gen versions would be. i bet it's going to sell 15m more lol.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I guess I may have gotten used to it. I can remember early on I kind of noticed some framerate issues but those other things catch my attention instead.

It will be interesting to see when they release more info and finally say what it is that will make GTA:V very special on the PS4. The rumored date is a little under 4 months. I remember when it was first announced and we had the drought of information, at one point I just stopped caring about the game, lol.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Its gonna be epic, man.

Forum Overseer
    ^for sure

so i was looking at the PS4 promo video again and realized something. i don't believe GTA 5 is going to be 60fps. if you watch the video, it's clearly running at 30fps. i had to pay attention for a bit but 60fps is really really easy to spot. and the video most definitely seemed 30fps.

now, if that is the case then i'm definitely disappointed but whatever. i guess even 30fps would be good enough as long as it's stable.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ^for sure

so i was looking at the PS4 promo video again and realized something. i don't believe GTA 5 is going to be 60fps. if you watch the video, it's clearly running at 30fps. i had to pay attention for a bit but 60fps is really really easy to spot. and the video most definitely seemed 30fps.

now, if that is the case then i'm definitely disappointed but whatever. i guess even 30fps would be good enough as long as it's stable.
    Yeah, I have a feeling it will end up as 1080p/30, but hopefully I am wrong and it turns into a 60fps game, I think having it run at 60fps would be amazing!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Forum Overseer
    yeah, that would be totally rad. i was also thinking yesterday that since i will likely be getting destiny and the last expansion pack is out by then for BF4 and Planet Side 2 beta, AND the fact that I'm level 100 on GTA 5 and have played the crap out of it since launch...i don't know if i'll dive in just yet.

if it's 30fps, they better make it massive, at least 64 players but i wouldn't mind more XD and you know, other demands that i have. we'll see, if they do a great job and it's more than just a visual upgrade then i might make room for it, otherwise, bargain bin.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    yeah, that would be totally rad. i was also thinking yesterday that since i will likely be getting destiny and the last expansion pack is out by then for BF4 and Planet Side 2 beta, AND the fact that I'm level 100 on GTA 5 and have played the crap out of it since launch...i don't know if i'll dive in just yet.

if it's 30fps, they better make it massive, at least 64 players but i wouldn't mind more XD and you know, other demands that i have. we'll see, if they do a great job and it's more than just a visual upgrade then i might make room for it, otherwise, bargain bin.
    Totally!

Sorry, had to put that on there, I have noticed lots of people using the word 'rad' lately, guess the 80's are coming back in full force! (Time to bust out my parachute pants!) I played GTA 5 like crazy when I first got it, but once the PS4 came out I haven't been on it as much, so I am looking forward to replaying GTA 5 in all its PS4 glory! I haven't done much online, so I have quite a bit to work on, I am no where near level 100!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

22. Likes Omar likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I can't wait to play it on the PC, screw you, console peasants!

(Actually my laptop probably won't run it as well as the ps4)

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Totally!

Sorry, had to put that on there, I have noticed lots of people using the word 'rad' lately, guess the 80's are coming back in full force! (Time to bust out my parachute pants!) I played GTA 5 like crazy when I first got it, but once the PS4 came out I haven't been on it as much, so I am looking forward to replaying GTA 5 in all its PS4 glory! I haven't done much online, so I have quite a bit to work on, I am no where near level 100!
    LOL yeah, i remember this cartoon with two cat-looking dudes that would keep saying, "that's so radical!" only if they knew the connotation of that word today.

terrorist cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post

oh god you are the worst of all kinds then lol.
    Last edited by Omar; 07-25-2014 at 17:40.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post

$#@! you! My laptop can't even run this forum properly!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    ^for sure

Yea, it should be 1080p/30fps at least. That's what their direct download video is for the trailer (well, 1080/29fps technically). I imagine they'll try to push it to 60fps, but I'm not holding my breathe for it. I keep hoping that's why we aren't getting trailers or more info, because they're busy trying to increase performance.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Still no official release date yet?

Thread Information