Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: June 2014 NPD

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    last of us, destiny(white bundle;I'm jealous), GTA5.

Halo collection is MS's only hope this year.
    Stop being dramatic. Halo collection is MS's only hope if they don't plan on supporting the console after that; Microsoft hasn't announced any such plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, it isn't a lie. They said straight up in their pre-NPD announcement that it was "internal data". I do wonder what the actual NPD numbers were if MS decided to go with their own and flat-out ignored the NPD for the first time.....ever?
    Being internal means it's a lie? I don't follow. My bad, thought you were saying IT IS. You were saying the opposite. Apologies.

If the PS3 generation should have taught anyone anything is that there is no point in making early predictions.
    Last edited by sainraja; 07-19-2014 at 11:41.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Stop being dramatic. Halo collection is MS's only hope if they don't plan on supporting the console after that; Microsoft hasn't announced any such plan.

You can't be serious BUT go on, Sainraja. You're not done. Tell us how the xbone is going to put up better sales in the remaining months than the ps4 if the halo collection doesn't do it. I'll wait...
    If the PS3 generation should have taught anyone anything is that there is no point in making early predictions.
    Go on, explain this $#@! too. I want to see where your logic outshines mine.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-19-2014 at 22:15.

Forum Overseer
    well, it will likely get better than this year...it just needs more games on it. even the Wii U is doing well and it was doing really bad for the past 2+ years.

but we can't compare it to the PS3 because Sony did an outstanding job with their development scene and there's as of yet no sign of that from MS.

Forum Sage
    If XONE doesn't do good this holiday; it will be due to a multitude of reasons and a collection of games released previously can't really be the only "hope."

So, it either has "hope" or it doesn't. If, according to you, that's all it has this holiday, then MS is already in that situation where you should consider them to not have "any" hope.

I just think you're being overly dramatic.

Forum Overseer
    Two4 has said at many occasions that he wants MS to fail lol. what do you expect?

Master Sage
    You know what I just heard, Sainraja? A whole lot of nothing. A whole lot of nothing...My track record has been damn near flawless concerning next gen. As for my post coming off as "overly dramatic", I have this to say #dealwithit.

Titanfall bundles didn't push it beyond the more expensive ps4(do I need to explain to you why it was more expensive?). I have no reason to believe games that are less hyped than titanfall will sell consoles.

"ps3 gen has taught us"...you didn't learn anything. IF you payed any attention then you would know that MS dominated NA and UK. Sales were so strong that the ps3 was only able to tie the 360 due to having the rest of the world behind the playstation brand.

Xbone is in a worse position than the 360. Its reputation is nowhere near the same as the 360. The ps4 reputation is way beyond the ps3's reputation. So much so that it's selling more in MS's strongest markets. If the rest of the world liked the ps3 over the 360 then they certainly are going to like the ps4 over the xbone. Which means MS forever lagging behind if they don't regain NA and UK.

To say "The ps3 did it so the xbone can turn it around too" is nothing but pure bull$#@!. It's not rocket science.

@Omar
    I sure did. Everything is happening according to my selfish(well, it'll benefit all gamers) plans. Waiting to see what 2015 brings. E3 didn't excite me. Only interested in seeing where halo goes.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-20-2014 at 08:15.

7. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Veteran
    It is pretty simple to see that MS will have an uphill battle this gen. 360 always had a price advantage and perceived multi-plat graphic advantage in which the media exacerbated that notion.

Everything is in reverse this time. MS's price cut will help but the course is pretty much set.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    If that's the case, why aren't you celebrating already? You don't really need to wait for any timeframe to pass before declaring victory.

The finish line for failure has already passed going by your parameters. When I mentioned PS3, my point wasn't to say XONE will do exactly as the PS3; my point was you can't say anything with certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Two4 has said at many occasions that he wants MS to fail lol. what do you expect?
    I didn't know that, actually.

Forum Overseer
    oh i know but my point is, PS3 didn't just come back out of nowhere, they were doing something right for a very long time. what is MS doing right again? i mean, other than being mediocre.

Master Sage
    edit:nvm. $#@! is annoying. worse than substance.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-20-2014 at 23:11.

Banned

~don't start this $#@! again or your time here will be done. Got it?
    ~Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher; 07-21-2014 at 04:13.

Banned

Sorry.

Give the Xbox One a chance. It hasn't even been a year.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 07-21-2014 at 04:22.

Veteran
    If that's the case, why aren't you celebrating already? You don't really need to wait for any timeframe to pass before declaring victory.

The finish line for failure has already passed going by your parameters. When I mentioned PS3, my point wasn't to say XONE will do exactly as the PS3; my point was you can't say anything with certainty.
    Why would I celebrate? I don't really care who is number one. Just to be clear, I was only looking at how the scales are weighed right now and they are how I said in my OP. It still does not mean that MS couldn't have a turning point.

Yet, the battle is still uphill. That much is solidified.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 07-21-2014 at 08:00.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Why would I celebrate? I don't really care who is number one. Just to be clear, I was only looking at how the scales are weighed right now and they are how I said in my OP. It still does not mean that MS could have a turning point.

Yet, the battle is still uphill. That much is solidified.
    he wasn't talking to you.

17. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Veteran
    Oh ok.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    $#@! that let Em burn! Muahahahaha!! Omar better get TLOU, the crew needs one more active player

Forum Sage
    oh i know but my point is, PS3 didn't just come back out of nowhere, they were doing something right for a very long time. what is MS doing right again? i mean, other than being mediocre.
    Yeah, I understand that.

It is definitely up to Microsoft to do something to turn things around. If they keep doing things that gamers don't want, it will be very difficult.

They still have a chance (right now.) We just have to wait and see what they do with it.

haha, yeah I wasn't.
    Last edited by sainraja; 07-21-2014 at 11:52.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    The Xbox One shot themselves before even leaving the gate with their mediocre E3 and the reveal of their stupid features that would bind owners. Luckily they back tracked on all that or else things would be even worse!

*Just got a $5 off coupon from EB for TLoU: Remastered!* BOO YAH!

8 years and counting!

Forum Overseer
    Yeah, I understand that.

It is definitely up to Microsoft to do something to turn things around. If they keep doing things that gamers don't want, it will be very difficult.

They still have a chance (right now.) We just have to wait and see what they do with it.

haha, yeah I wasn't.
    oh yeah, i've always said that they can always change things around. i also think they can't fail because they have too much vested in the brand. they will figure something out. they did it for the 360 and i thought that thing was going to drop dead in 2011 lol. well not drop dead but slowly come off the charts...which it was until Kinect came out. that was the biggest save ever.

point being, they went 4 or so years without needing much of exclusives and made "some" people think exclusives weren't important lol.

anyway, they will figure something out to keep them afloat and they will do a better job next-gen, it's only natural for it to happen. note all failing companies end up turning it around if they are strong. MS has shown that they are just as strong as Sony but they just sort of do things differently. Nintendo is the weakest to me at the point but their next-gen idea is pretty good also.

Thread Information