Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

Uncharted PS4 remaster would be 'really cool to have,' says Naughty Dog

From the front page and worth a discussion me thinks:

The developer behind the Uncharted franchise has expressed interest in releasing a remastered collection of the popular action-adventure series for the PlayStation 4.

Speaking during an interview with DigitalSpy, Naughty Dog’s Arne Meyer agreed with previous comments made by Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios boss, Shuhei Yoshida, that an Uncharted Collection would prove beneficial to new PS4 adopters.

"When we look at the PS4 generation, especially in the US - I don't know what the general feeling was in Europe - there were a lot of people who are new to PlayStation platforms, and may have not played Uncharted," said Meyer.

"It would be a good time for us to leverage all the attention behind it and make it look better. It would be really cool to have. Shuhei really likes the Uncharted series quite a bit, and I think it would be a great way to introduce - I wouldn't say a new generation - but to expand the people that are bound to know Uncharted."

The community guru went on to admit that he wasn't sure if Naughty Dog would be able to see the idea through, but thinks it's a "clever idea."

"Since it's the first time that we're releasing a franchise across different platforms, it would be a good way to provide a way for our familiar players to go back and play the entire series with visual parity.

"I don't know if we're able to do that, but it's a really clever idea. It would be nice to see if we can figure that out and pull that off."

The latest chapter in the Uncharted series, subtitled A Thief's End, is due out on PS4 next year.
    Is it just me or does everyone think we will see a Uncharted Remastered? Could be Naughty Dog are going to do what they did with TLOU: Remastered and put it off until it's suddenly revealed by themselves?! Would love for this to happen because believe it or not I have actually never played any of the Uncharted series!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I'd like an uncharted remaster, but not before a call of duty: modern warfare remaster. That would be epic.

Veteran
    Hopefully! I haven't played anything but the Uncharted 1 demo and Uncharted 3 multiplayer, so this would be a great chance for me to finally play them and be able to play Uncharted 4.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'd replay it on PS4, it has been a long time since I last played it. In fact the last time I played it was on my old PSN account back when trophies first became a thing, and it was my first Platinum.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I'd like an uncharted remaster, but not before a call of duty: modern warfare remaster. That would be epic.
    I think that is a real thing you know............in fact yes our beloved PSU even posted about it on the main page:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are to be remastered for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.

That’s according to an image posted on Reddit, which seemingly confirms that developers Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games are collaborating on the bundle, dubbed the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection.

The pack includes remastered versions of all three games in the FPS trilogy, including revamped textures and sound effects, upgraded performance to 1080p/60fps, and exclusive multiplayer content for the forthcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Curiously, the Modern Warfare Collection only includes the single-player component of each title, and omits the multiplayer -- something which many gamers will likely be disappointed with.

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection is slated for release on November 25, 2014.

Nothing official has been confirmed as of yet, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted. Perhaps we’ll hear something at E3 early next month.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    From the front page and worth a discussion me thinks:

Is it just me or does everyone think we will see a Uncharted Remastered? Could be Naughty Dog are going to do what they did with TLOU: Remastered and put it off until it's suddenly revealed by themselves?! Would love for this to happen because believe it or not I have actually never played any of the Uncharted series!
    You have really been missing out. All of the uncharted games were some of the best on PS3. Uncharted 2 being my favorite.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, everyone should at least play Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Best in the series.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Only had uncahrted 1 on ps3 and loved it really dont know why i didnt get 2 and 3 but i would defenatly buy it on the ps4
    "Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everyone — fucking except for you! So don't tell me I would be safer with somebody else, because the truth is I would just be more scared." Ellie , The Last Of Us

Veteran
    I didn't know they were remastering COD MW, but hey if even the new one looks exactly the same the only difference might be it being 1080p and 60fps lol.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I don't think I'd replay the Uncharted series. While I loved each and every game in the series, I've played through the each campaign at least 3 times. While I'd consider a play through again, I'm not paying full retail, and by the time it's out (or at least definitely by the time it's down to $20) there will be so much out there that I want to play that I'd never get around to it.

I think it's great for those who have never played the games, just like GoW remaster to HD was on the PS3 for me. Just like if I ever get an XB1 I'll be sure to get the Master Chief collection.

Dedicated Member
    All this talk of remasters is getting a little stale. I think developers should concentrate their resources on building new games from the ground up for ps4.

Ultimate Veteran
    I would like to see the frist uncharted remastered

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Having not played any Uncharted I think it's a reasonably good idea. The first Uncharted is quite a few years old now yes? Gonna take quite a remaster to be PS4 worthy but if they can do it in reasonable timeframe and cost then it's got to be a winner in the long run. Not sure if i'd buy it because by the time it comes out i imagine (could be wrong) there will be many more games made for PS4 that i have more interest in.

We will see but in principle i think it's a great idea. Looking forward to UC4 so i can see what all the fuss is about.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I generally think and believe this will happen, people will buy again if it released at a reasonable price, also gives the ex Xbox guys a chance to play another awesome Playstation exclusive.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    All this talk of remasters is getting a little stale. I think developers should concentrate their resources on building new games from the ground up for ps4.
    The amount of resources to remaster something is a fraction of the resources to build it from scratch. They can higher more resources, remaster this, while working on new game development.

They did't stop work on Uncharted 4 to remaster TLOU, and they won't stop work on whatever's next to remaster the uncharted series. It's great for those who are new to the platform and wouldn't otherwise get the Uncharted experience, plus it will bring more of them into the Uncharted fold, make money off remaster, make more money on future franchise's because it broadens the customer base.

This is smart business which allows them to expand their teams and increase game development. It's a win win.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    The amount of resources to remaster something is a fraction of the resources to build it from scratch. They can higher more resources, remaster this, while working on new game development.

They did't stop work on Uncharted 4 to remaster TLOU, and they won't stop work on whatever's next to remaster the uncharted series. It's great for those who are new to the platform and wouldn't otherwise get the Uncharted experience, plus it will bring more of them into the Uncharted fold, make money off remaster, make more money on future franchise's because it broadens the customer base.

This is smart business which allows them to expand their teams and increase game development. It's a win win.
    Indeed. Tbh I'm pretty sure the remastering of Uncharted is already happening as of right now, they just won't confirm it yet.

No plzz stop!! No more ps3 remasters!! At least ps2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Well i figure that Uncharted 4 wont be out until November 2015, which gives us about 1 year and 4 months, if they go the route of PS2-3 era HD remasters, then i figure they can pump this thing out in about 9 months. I wouldnt expect a major remaster for each game like The Last of Us got, unless they used the research they did on TLOU, and outsourced the remaster to someone else to do in time for say... late September or early October next year. I wouldnt be surprised to see it, and would probably play all 3 of them again.

Tacos Rule!

As much as I would love to see Uncharted 1-3 in PS4 graphics, there's too many remasters these days. It's just an excuse to repackage and sell you an old game or a game you already purchased last generation.
    Watch my PS4 Lets Plays! www.youtube.com/skilledjerk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    EMAGERD THIS.
    But yeah, then I would love to see the Modern Warfare remaster on PC as well and not just consoles. The game's B E A UTIFUL on PC, I've played more than 5k hours on it and still play it from time to time.
    That is, if they don't $#@! around with it and remove the server-browser and console and everything. They should keep the original game fully, even the strafing etc. Just upgrade the graphics and give it support again. Would be a bomb!

And also.. Uncharted Remaster. Well... I've played all of the games and they're really awesome. I'd like to see a remaster, but I feel like they shouldn't waste time on yet MORE remasters now and actually make a NEW GAME...

There's like TONS of remasters inc/out now but nobody's actually trying to make a new game (or at least that's how it feels). I don't mind this as a remaster but I'd rather see an actual game pop up now that's MADE for the PS4 and not 'remastered'. And I'm not talking about those goddamn indies... Not everybody's a $#@!ing indie-fan. I feel like Sony's giving the indies TOO much attention to be honest...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I would buy all three remastered Uncharted games. Day one for sure.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    I would rebuy them all for photomode alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Omg plzz stop .. Can we get new games or at least remaster classics ..

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Its definitely a cool idea but i really wanna see PS2 remastered games if any, $#@! like Timesplitters 2, Red Faction, Killzone, Burnout Revenge etc.

Elite Member
    mays call the PS4 the system of re-mastered games because that's all it seems to be doing now an not bringing highly new IP's to the system, there were a few announced an incoming not to everyones taste but spending there time making re-mastered games is a bit 'meh' reactions. on a flip point its not a bad thing but running 60fps & full 1080p is all good to see but there is a tiny issue, how many would re-buy the re-mastered games for PS4 like COD, UC, TLoU soo many have angered the re-mastered versions when they've already bought the original, its like say u bought tlou then get angered cause they announced the PS4 re-mastered version when clearly could of waited.

Thread Information