Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style

Destiny Beta Thread

I didn't see a thread for this and I was wondering what others thoughts were about the beta.

I personally am presently surprised. The gunplay and whatnot is very fun. The first time I teamed up with 2 other ppl - not an actual group, but the 3 of us were in the same area fighting the same enemies....I really liked it.

I also think the game looks great. Very clean, vibrant, detailed and good fidelity.

Elite Member
    Items User name style

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I enjoyed it so far. Played through the campaign missions, did the strike mission, did a lot of exploring, and some crucible matches (my least favorite part, but that's just because PvP isn't my thing.)

There's a lot of exploration missions to tackle to keep you busy moving around and learning the open world of Earth/Russia.

At this point I'm seriously considering keeping my pre-order.

4. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    That'll teach me to ignore the stickies, lol.

I just reached level 6 and want to go on a strike mission but I'm not sure what it is or if it's the part where you need more than 1 person.

I've been soloing the whole time b/c I can't figure out how to invite ppl other than friends and all it says is that they are "online".....not sure if that is in Destiny or playing another game and I don't want to bother ppl and keep inviting them if they don't have the beta.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    That'll teach me to ignore the stickies, lol.

I just reached level 6 and want to go on a strike mission but I'm not sure what it is or if it's the part where you need more than 1 person.

I've been soloing the whole time b/c I can't figure out how to invite ppl other than friends and all it says is that they are "online".....not sure if that is in Destiny or playing another game and I don't want to bother ppl and keep inviting them if they don't have the beta.
    I solo'd up to that point as well. Had a hell of time soloing the mission where you defend your ghost against three drop waves (last one before the Strike Mission)

The Strike mission is a forced team of 3, and will automatically pair you up if you're not already in a Fireteam. Go for it. It was a blast. On the spider, aim for the leg shields, when it pops the head will come out and shoot it in it's exposed neck. Long fought battle, but fun. Three major stages in the strike mission, all very fun, especially if you got a good team.

At the end of the mission make sure to run around and pick up the white and green orbs (basically boss drops) before the time runs out

7. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Howdy Taz, good games last night, much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I solo'd up to that point as well. Had a hell of time soloing the mission where you defend your ghost against three drop waves (last one before the Strike Mission)
    Agreed, that was tough, i did the same except i think i bought it at least once maybe twice. That spider's reeeally tough too, Devil Walkers, how many hit points, wtf! i guess a little later in the game you'll get a LOT better firepower and powers and such. Great fun.

Anyone else encountered the 3 Hallowed Knights on Forgotten Shore? Taking them on as a level 6 when they are level 22 isn't wise lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Think I'm goona cancel my gamestop preorder and just preorder it digitally..i just have a feeling like i want this game digitally..no disc

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    Howdy Taz, good games last night, much fun!

Agreed, that was tough, i did the same except i think i bought it at least once maybe twice. That spider's reeeally tough too, Devil Walkers, how many hit points, wtf! i guess a little later in the game you'll get a LOT better firepower and powers and such. Great fun.
    Definetly get much stronger guns as you progress. The Vanguard (I think that's lvl 16) store had weapons w/ starting power of ~240 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by LesTom1 View Post
    Anyone else encountered the 3 Hallowed Knights on Forgotten Shore? Taking them on as a level 6 when they are level 22 isn't wise lol

Yeah, I fought w/ them while exploring, there were a number of lvl 8's in the area with me. Managed to take them down though.

That's a fun area to explore in general. Looks like it will be a good ground for XP farming early on.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Definetly get much stronger guns as you progress. The Vanguard (I think that's lvl 16) store had weapons w/ starting power of ~240 or so.

Yeah, I fought w/ them while exploring, there were a number of lvl 8's in the area with me. Managed to take them down though.

That's a fun area to explore in general. Looks like it will be a good ground for XP farming early on.

Pity you weren't around when I found them as I was all on my own could've been doing with some help

Thread Information