Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    My biggest pet peeve right now is competitive MP, every match is essentially a one-sided steamroll. One side gets dominated beyond belief, while the other cleans up with ease (especially on the moon level with vehicles that have weapons). Usually by the time the match is over, one side has 20k points, while the other barely makes 5k (and most of the players have left by the end of the match, making things even worse for those that stuck around for the massacre).

Not sure if this is a map problem, player upgrades problem, weapon unbalance problem, or a problem with people squading up vs players who are all randoms. But it is pretty awful playing Crucible most of the time without a group of buddies who are all communicating and/or working together.

Also some of the weapons are just insanely OP, way too many one-hit wonders (at least against my Warlock). And it seems the heavier class, or heavily upgraded players, have a distinct advantage since they can soak up so much firepower. I have to hold my AR at full auto on most players for a good 3-4 seconds to take them down, while all it takes is for them is to simply look at me and I am dead. It's very frustrating. I don't have the exact number, but I believe I am sitting around 130 in defense and am a lower level 8 (still have quite a bit of upgrading to do with my weapons/armor/etc).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    About the only things I don't like with the beta so far is the PvP and that the guns quite often don't reload when you are moving around. Other than that I haven't found much that I don't like about the game so far.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Good description. I guess it's easy to confuse that first big number as the damage amount, it's basically the weapon lvl, impact and rate of fire is going to determine max damage over time for a weapon. Weapon lvl is going to have the effect of possibly having reduced effectiveness against higher lvl mobs.

That's why the Knights that are down in the tunnel not to far from Russia drop in zone are immune to our weapon fire.
    Now i understand! Thought that was maybe just Beta.

Superior Member

I don't misunderstand, that's exactly what I thought it was. Unless they make enemy Armor much higher, no weapon will really feel powerful compared to another. A 500 attack weapon will do just as much as a 50 attack weapon against low level content. Higher level weapons should have a little more impact every so many levels.

I get it, but I dislike it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    I don't misunderstand, that's exactly what I thought it was. Unless they make enemy Armor much higher, no weapon will really feel powerful compared to another. A 500 attack weapon will do just as much as a 50 attack weapon against low level content. Higher level weapons should have a little more impact every so many levels.

I get it, but I dislike it.
    But that's exactly how it should work. Your weapon's 'power' doesn't come from the Attack rating at all. That's only how much of the weapon's power will apply to the unfortunate being on the receiving end. This is a pretty standard D&D kind of model. You need to modify your weapon to increase the damage dealing stats - predominantly Impact and RoF which will give you a DPS value.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Not played the game t all, but can see the weapon models are way over the top, they take up 1/4 of the screen for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    4) Controller layout. Why the F*** in 2014 do we still have games that force pre-set controller layouts? This isn't even on the level of Bush League. Let me fully customize what button does what.
    One thing that annoys me about console games is this.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-22-2014 at 11:11.

PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Not played the game t all, but can see the weapon models are way over the top, they take up 1/4 of the screen for Christ's sake
    Do they? Blimey I hadn't even noticed that.

​aka Sparc

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    Do they? Blimey I hadn't even noticed that.
    Yes they do and the Crosshair is off centre, this seems to be a Bungie trademark these days unfortunately, it makes the weapon model situation look far worse than it is since you expect the cross hairs to be int he exact centre of the screen, butt hey are not, they are slightly below the centre.

Having off centre cross hairs would annoy the crap out of me, so I wouldn't buy this game knowing that now.

Last edited by keefy; 07-22-2014 at 13:41.

Forum Overseer
    Yes they do and the Crosshair is off centre, this seems to be a Bungie trademark these days unfortunately, it makes the weapon model situation look far worse than it is since you expect the cross hairs to be int he exact centre of the screen, butt hey are not, they are slightly below the centre.

Having off centre cross hairs would annoy the crap out of me, so I wouldn't buy this game knowing that now.

i didn't even notice and don't care lol

PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix

lol well spotted. I mean I've thrown a billion hours into the beta and also played the alpha and hadn't noticed at all until you pointed it out. Ah well, game is still great to play.

​aka Sparc

11. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    But that's exactly how it should work. Your weapon's 'power' doesn't come from the Attack rating at all. That's only how much of the weapon's power will apply to the unfortunate being on the receiving end. This is a pretty standard D&D kind of model. You need to modify your weapon to increase the damage dealing stats - predominantly Impact and RoF which will give you a DPS value.
    But what I'm saying is the higher "level" "rank" or "attack" weapon, whatever you want to call it SHOULD deal slightly more damage even if they're both well over the target enemies defense. What we have now is, if I want to do lower level content with a friend or for whatever reason, and I have a lower level weapon that has higher stats, I have to keep it for when I do that lower level stuff.

Even if the base stats were on average 3% per level higher on higher tier weapons, then it would be perfect. (maybe less or more given that compounding can really add up).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Last gen will cripple destiny.

Forum Overseer
    well since Bungie said there will be a Destiny 2, 3, 4 etc. it implies that the games will be sequels and not expansions.

which also makes me wonder if they would eventually cut support of last-gen consoles so they can have more expansive worlds.

i'm thinking it's very possible.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    There are certain things I am disappointed in. Can't visit the city below the tower. I thought this game was supposed to be alive. The tower is just too small imo.

As of right now, there are a few planets/moons we can visit within our own system. I was hoping that we would be able to explore planets outside our galaxy.

Forum Overseer
    the smallness of the game is all thanks to the last-gen support. basically, nothing in the game is something that couldn't all fit into (roughly) 256MB-300MB of RAM from 8 years ago. which means, that my (low-range) 2005 video card could run this game as good as the PS3/360 if it was designed for it. then they sort of upscale the rest.

the problem being there is that you have pretty graphics but the game doesn't feel next-gen, it just feels like an update of a last-gen game. it's not different from the "core design" that it could've been.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    the smallness of the game is all thanks to the last-gen support. basically, nothing in the game is something that couldn't all fit into (roughly) 256MB-300MB of RAM from 8 years ago. which means, that my (low-range) 2005 video card could run this game as good as the PS3/360 if it was designed for it. then they sort of upscale the rest.

the problem being there is that you have pretty graphics but the game doesn't feel next-gen, it just feels like an update of a last-gen game. it's not different from the "core design" that it could've been.
    I was afraid of this when I heard that this game will also be released for last gen as well, I just had a feeling that this game isn't going to be as big as we first thought. A few planets/moons to explore at the moment and that's about it. When we max out our characters and visit every planet/moon available, the only thing to do would be PVPing. This game should have 100 planets/moons to visit, maybe when Destiny 2 launches we get it.

Forum Overseer
    unless they do some sort of procedural stuff or streaming textures, there's no way they could have a game that wouldn't be possible 8 years ago. so yeah, it's a deal breaker for me. i didn't buy my console to play upgrades. i bought it to play stuff that's not possible on my PS3. that doesn't apply to GTA 5 though XD

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    unless they do some sort of procedural stuff or streaming textures, there's no way they could have a game that wouldn't be possible 8 years ago. so yeah, it's a deal breaker for me. i didn't buy my console to play upgrades. i bought it to play stuff that's not possible on my PS3. that doesn't apply to GTA 5 though XD
    Right now, current gen has been screwed over by last gen.

Forum Overseer
    i'm not surprised. years ago i figured next-gen wasn't going to be as popular because people are more and more happy with what they have and graphics/phsics/AI isn't a big deal to them...so without cross-gen titles, next-gen would be in trouble.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Kinda of two faced w/ GTA5 there I definitely agree this isn't a Next Gen game, but I do feel it's a good end of last gen game from what I've experienced at least, just like AC:BF and Watchdogs were, IMHO. I'm buying it for the Multiplayer Coop Campaign experience. Something which I've really been wanting, Diablo III delivered a bit of it, but not much else outside of MMORPGs, which I really stopped playing a long time ago. FWIW, if I didn't have PS4, I'd be buying it on PS3.

i'm not surprised. years ago i figured next-gen wasn't going to be as popular because people are more and more happy with what they have and graphics/phsics/AI isn't a big deal to them...so without cross-gen titles, next-gen would be in trouble.
    I was worried about this as well. But I think they've stretched what last gen could do just enough to make it cross gen worthy for many people, and have given us a small taste of what's to come for full current gen games. Bring on AC:U
    Last edited by TAZ427; 07-23-2014 at 22:15.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Kinda of two faced w/ GTA5 there I definitely agree this isn't a Next Gen game, but I do feel it's a good end of last gen game from what I've experienced at least, just like AC:BF and Watchdogs were, IMHO. I'm buying it for the Multiplayer Coop Campaign experience. Something which I've really been wanting, Diablo III delivered a bit of it, but not much else outside of MMORPGs, which I really stopped playing a long time ago. FWIW, if I didn't have PS4, I'd be buying it on PS3.
    oh yea i completely agree there. one of the reasons i'm getting GTA 5 is because you could tell it wasn't really designed for last-gen consoles...even though design-wise it is, just about everything else was too taxing on the system.

the game has shadows of just about everything in the entire map...that's unseen in any PS3/360 game out yet! is it not? for a huge game such as GTA5? it blows my mind even today. also you can see details such as muscle (all over the face/body), even the fat rolls on the back of franklin's head! it's all just so insane for last gen.

so i totally agree there, these games wouldn't be out on last-gen anyway if the gen wasn't stretched so long. in a way i think we may have needed it too...because the console business is expensive for everyone (developers/publishers/gamers/makers) so if we don't have cross-plaform games (ports to Vita), we would have a hard time surviving. in the end, a good game doesn't need power to be fun. minecraft proved this again.

and i think destiny is great, it would be my favorite if it was just open world...i somewhat understand why they chose to go this way but i can't get myself excited about it just yet. maybe once i know more, i might change my mind, but playing the beta, i have mixed feelings. though i can certainly tell that it may be one the biggest shooters ever.

I was worried about this as well. But I think they've stretched what last gen could do just enough to make it cross gen worthy for many people, and have given us a small taste of what's to come for full current gen games. Bring on AC:U
    yup i think the same. some games are outright sad but others were definitely held back a little for last-gen support but definitely with a next-gen idea.

Veteran
    I was having so much fun with the beta and was considering buying until I tried the crucible missions which are pretty much the online vs matches, and it is awful I did not enjoy it one bit plus there was this guy on some ship with freaking cannons killing everyone, I know that can be sorted with a patch or something in the future. But overall the multiplayer matches ain't fun imo so I decided I'd rather not buy this.

Forum Sage
    Story pacing/development is slow.

Equipment/customization is limited.

The tower is tiny (compared to the citadel in mass effect)

Combat seems a bit repetitive dull. (same can be said for the "missions", Old Russia is getting old)

Enemies (fallen) don't seem to be that interesting, AI is decent.

Traveling to destinations leaves you a bit disconnected (mass effect is superior here)

Ultimately, the big issue is that Destiny is an FPS with rpg elements tacked on. I know people complained about the lack of rpg'ness in mass effect 2, but that still blows destiny out of the water so far.

I'll do some stuff in the crucible and strike missions in the coming days, so far just did story/explore.

I also really hate thralls, they seem to be overpowered and are more annoying than the flood.

Forum Overseer
    i didn't think ME's AI, controls or gameplay in general was better than this.

Thread Information