Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

So what, if anything, do you not like about Destiny?

Aside from the obvious (and stupid) it's beta, what don't you like? Or expected to be different in a way that you felt would have been better?

1) Movement. Movement felt slow, even with a hunter with a something like 50% agility, both normal and sprinting felt slow. Also you couldn't turn while sprinting without it deactivating sprint. Very annoying. Also, every class gets a "jump modifier". Glide, double jump... they all seem to do the same exact thing, just in different ways. That's lame.

2) Speaking of "they all seem to do the same thing", each sub class each has a movement ability, a melee attack modifier, and abilities that reduce cool downs when you kill with a grenade or kill with the special melee or some such. And on top of it it looks as if you get everything from a subclass, like you're not forced to choose "this or that" abilities/skills you want such as in Borderlands/Borderlands 2, and also each skill levels up in order? All of my characters gained their skills in the same order, one after another.

With just 3 classes, and the similarities of their 3 respective subclasses, It's seems like it's going to feel stale, I hope I'm wrong.

3) Attack AND Impact. I get it, it runs on a curve for enemy scaling. This is so you can't get higher level gear and just steam role earlier level content, which I like, to a degree. A level 20 attack weapon with otherwise equal stats compared to a level 5 attack weapon should only have a slight edge against level 2 content, but a level 200 attack weapon SHOULD allow a player to steam roll level 2 content, not just give a slight edge.

4) Controller layout. Why the F*** in 2014 do we still have games that force pre-set controller layouts? This isn't even on the level of Bush League. Let me fully customize what button does what.

I'll update if I can think of any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    - It's innocuous and nitpicky, I know, but I really dislike the announcer's voice in the Crucible. Just doesn't sound good.
    - Interceptor's overpowered in the Moon map.
    - Some capturing points are too close to each other.

That's it for now. :3

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    -repetitive of going back to old area to do some new mission
    -load times seem long sometimes
    -a few enemies shot through walls
    -a mob two levels above you can waste you like you're nothing
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

4. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    My only gripe so far is that people can appear in your story missions which is not a major issue until they start killing the enemies that you are also trying to kill as you play the story yourself! It's a minor thing but is slightly annoying sometimes!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

6. Likes Fd Mendoza likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Wow, nice point Duffman, what will happen after actual release? Not just a few but 10 people will definitely annoying.

HTC One X cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    My only gripe so far is that people can appear in your story missions which is not a major issue until they start killing the enemies that you are also trying to kill as you play the story yourself! It's a minor thing but is slightly annoying sometimes!
    I wouldn't say it's minor Duffman, not to my liking either. Maybe it's just the Beta, if not then this isn't the game for me. If i'm doing story missions i don't want sight or sound of another player whatsoever. In the case of Destiny here i mean that as soon as i select 'Start Mission' then only me and my Fireteam progress forwards. When i land at destination i don't want to see another soul. Not too much to ask is it? Maybe it is if that's not what Bungie are pushing here.

I DID enjoy the Beta and the game seems fun but there are other games that i'm looking forward to ploughing many hours into. Guess this is because I'm more a solo gamer than multiplayer.

A pal is getting Destiny when it comes out and he's got 2 weeks off work to coincide with game release, meaning by the time i get on there he'll be miles and miles ahead in terms of character progression, won't this provide a massive imbalance in being able to play together? Overpowered/Underpowered scenario? Just can't see how it's gonna work. Don't players get auto-matched by skill/performance? So therefore i'll probably never get the chance to game with him in Destiny?! Otherwise i can't get excited by gaming with folk who i don't know and can't see. This is why i do single-player stuff.

Enjoyed the Beta but in the long term this just isn't for me.

I've only watched streams, haven't played the beta myself, so take this fwiw, but it doesn't look much different than any other multiplayer shooter out there. I'm more of an SP gamer. I was hoping for a more immersive storyline and more exploration in an open world. Maybe that will be present in the single player campaign (if there is such a thing).

10. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm more of an SP gamer. I was hoping for a more immersive storyline and more exploration in an open world. Maybe that will be present in the single player campaign (if there is such a thing).
    There is 'such' a thing, as such LOL, called Story Mission/Mode, within the Beta at least. Essentially it's the same as all the other game types that are player vs. AI. Story/Campaign mode will be very weak and more of a sideshow imo. And i've only played the Beta so take that FWIW also.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    I wouldn't say it's minor Duffman, not to my liking either. Maybe it's just the Beta, if not then this isn't the game for me. If i'm doing story missions i don't want sight or sound of another player whatsoever. In the case of Destiny here i mean that as soon as i select 'Start Mission' then only me and my Fireteam progress forwards. When i land at destination i don't want to see another soul. Not too much to ask is it? Maybe it is if that's not what Bungie are pushing here.
    It's the nature of an MMORPG really, where players are minding their own business most of the time but others help out.. but most MMOs do have instances where you are completely on your own or with an NPC. I think getting the mix right is important; when you're just ploughing through grunts to level up or collect items, other players are fine, but there should always be single player challenges.

A pal is getting Destiny when it comes out and he's got 2 weeks off work to coincide with game release, meaning by the time i get on there he'll be miles and miles ahead in terms of character progression, won't this provide a massive imbalance in being able to play together? Overpowered/Underpowered scenario? Just can't see how it's gonna work. Don't players get auto-matched by skill/performance? So therefore i'll probably never get the chance to game with him in Destiny?! Otherwise i can't get excited by gaming with folk who i don't know and can't see. This is why i do single-player stuff.

Enjoyed the Beta but in the long term this just isn't for me.
    I think I'm right in saying you can create three different characters.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post

2) Speaking of "they all seem to do the same thing", each sub class each has a movement ability, a melee attack modifier, and abilities that reduce cool downs when you kill with a grenade or kill with the special melee or some such. And on top of it it looks as if you get everything from a subclass, like you're not forced to choose "this or that" abilities/skills you want such as in Borderlands/Borderlands 2, and also each skill levels up in order? All of my characters gained their skills in the same order, one after another.

With just 3 classes, and the similarities of their 3 respective subclasses, It's seems like it's going to feel stale, I hope I'm wrong.
    While I think there's a fair amount of overlap, as you progress, I believe it's a bit of either or on many of the options along the verticle trees. I've only played Warlock and Titan, but the Jump is definitely a good bit different on these two. The Charged hand seems more effective on the Titan. The fact that you through a Nova Bomb w/ Warlock and set it off at your location with Titan is a good bit different. Titan can take more abuse. I'd say my Lvl 6 Titan w/ 95 armor was more damage resistant than my lvl 8 Warlock w/ 122 armor. The warlocks grenade power seems more effective. Not sure how much differentiation there is at higher lvls but w/ all the upgrades I suspect it will have a lot of variation (looks like the vertical trees of options are - select one that you've unlocked to customize your char.)

3) Attack AND Impact. I get it, it runs on a curve for enemy scaling. This is so you can't get higher level gear and just steam role earlier level content, which I like, to a degree. A level 20 attack weapon with otherwise equal stats compared to a level 5 attack weapon should only have a slight edge against level 2 content, but a level 200 attack weapon SHOULD allow a player to steam roll level 2 content, not just give a slight edge.
    And it doesn't? I've had no problems steam rolling content that's 4 lvls or more below my lvl.

4) Controller layout. Why the F*** in 2014 do we still have games that force pre-set controller layouts? This isn't even on the level of Bush League. Let me fully customize what button does what.

I'll update if I can think of any more.
    While I would like to have more choice in this, can you really call it Bush league when just about everyone in the industry does it?

As for my dislikes.

1.) The wasted time spent by going to orbit, then going to another location. The fact that you need to scroll down to the left to pull up select destination, and then scroll down to the right to select launch. These at a minimum should be tied to keys.

2.) The need to return to base to decrypt equipment from enemies. It may become less of a concern later on in the game, but constant upgrading of equipment is vital early on. Can't exactly hop out of a mission to run to the base and decrypt that weapon you just got?

3.) Early on it seems like you're starting your missions just before reaching that lvl (at least I was) and doing it solo. I did this w/ the Warlock. But I decided on the Titan, I would finish off with a quick farm to the lvl of the mission, decrypt (or equip) my stuff and then go into the missions.

4.) Going Disco. I've had it happen twice at then end of boss fights. And while I was glad that you can 'continue' where you left off here. I'm a bit disappointed that it basically starts you at the beginning of the no respawn zone.

5.) Only 30s after killing a boss to clear a zone of any drops. I want to frigging explore the area. Any Ghosts, Chests, Missed the drop in the corner from a guy I blasted across the map? I got a mission complete, I know I need to return to orbit, let me do it on my own time.

6.) No option to join random team for non-strike missions. You have to create a fire-team if you want to go on non-strike missions w/ them. While I like that as an option, I'd like to see an option of 'Setup/Join fire-team for misison'

7.) Jump mechanics. Jumping while close up to sides of rocky hills bouncing you back out into the environment. This makes it a PIA to get up on a high ledge, which in certain exploration missions, it's required to be able to get into the upper lvl cave that has a loot chest.

8.) Going over the edge near the Russia entry point is an Environmental death. I was wanting to jump down into the area to look for hidden chests and Ghosts. Went over the edge, there was a ledge I would have stopped on, normal size drop, and it turned into an instantaneous environment death. They should have made it appear to be an instantaneous death if that was going to be the result.

9.) Glimmer chest spawn up in the rafters that is totally blocked from access. Not enough room between ceiling and rafters to get in there and get it.

Things I like.

1.) Putting equipment in the Vault makes it accessible by all my Characters. Great for tossing favorite weapons from various lvls of play into the vault so that when lvl'ng new or lower lvl chars they've always got the best weapons for their lvls. Note that Armour is class specific. I'm thinking weapons after lvl 16 may become class specific as well because they have different weapon stores for the different classes when reaching lvl 16.

2.) Auto team up on strike missions.

3.) Exploration mode missions. These are fun little missions that take you all over the place, and good for upping the last bit of XP needed for that next lvl.

4.) The timed events requiring cooperation of many people to rush into an area and take out major mobs.

5.) Going back to areas you've played through on mission mode, to find out that other areas inside have been unlocked and see even more high lvl mobs (found several areas were at lvl 8 you can't even determine what lvl they are, and they're immune to your bullets - I expect that will be the reverse case at some point with mobs.)

6.) Swooping in to save the day when a lower lvl person is getting there arse kicked (and vice versa.)

7.) Finding Ghosts in various places. Anyone know if there's a Ghost count someplace? I know there's a trophy for 50 in the game. I think I've found about 10.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    I've only found this to be true at the very beginnings of story missions. I've never encountered anyone randomly after getting past areas were there's a lvl difference in the Mobs in Story Mode vs Exploration mode. Actually, I've seen the other people simply disappear.

Have you had people show up deep into Story missions or just at the beginning? Note that the first mission has mobs at the same lvl as the exploration. Second mission I want to say changes about midway through, third mission, fairly quickly into it the mobs change.

I can see how that could be a problem, but maybe he could lvl another player with you in a play through.

I've only watched streams, haven't played the beta myself, so take this fwiw, but it doesn't look much different than any other multiplayer shooter out there. I'm more of an SP gamer. I was hoping for a more immersive storyline and more exploration in an open world. Maybe that will be present in the single player campaign (if there is such a thing).
    Are you mainly watching Crucible matches? If so I'd agree that the crucible matches are typical COD type stuff.

I personally only played a few Crucible's just to get a taste, and that's never been to my liking (plus get my arse kicked by people who live and breath that.)

I'm a PvE campaign guy and an exploration guy, not a PvP guy. And from what I've experienced there's plenty of PvE campaign and exploration. At least 3 areas on Russia/Earth that I haven't exploried because mobs are so high that they're immune to me.

Not totally sure how big the campaign and exploration will be in the end, but I'm thinking pretty big. You can solo a lot of it, Strike missions are the only one you can't solo.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 07-21-2014 at 15:58.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I've only found this to be true at the very beginnings of story missions. I've never encountered anyone randomly after getting past areas were there's a lvl difference in the Mobs in Story Mode vs Exploration mode. Actually, I've seen the other people simply disappear.

Have you had people show up deep into Story missions or just at the beginning? Note that the first mission has mobs at the same lvl as the exploration. Second mission I want to say changes about midway through, third mission, fairly quickly into it the mobs change.
    To be fair it has only been at the beginning, I have got to story level 3 and must admit that later in the mission I saw nobody except enemy's!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    I can see how that could be a problem, but maybe he could lvl another player with you in a play through.
    LOL thanks for the thought Taz but i doubt that will happen, he's rather more single-minded than that. Bit annoying really, mates eh... or not.

17. Likes TAZ427 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    The drop rate of heavy ammo during or just before a big boss. I was on a fire team of 3 over the weekend and we were playing the Lvl6 Story Mission and got to the part with the Spider Walker, and first few times it killed us really quick but then we got some tactics down and were doing pretty good except that without heavy ammo we it took us like 20 mins to whittle the boss down and kill it.
    I don't mind having to deal with some regular enemies during a boss fight, but I hope they increase the heavy ammo drop rate as it seemed to take too long for a boss fight. Had a similar experience then with Sphere boss at the end of that same level.
    I was already maxed out at Level 8 too when I started this mission, so I am pretty sure I wasn't underpowered.

Other than that I fully enjoyed the game and can't wait for the full release.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    While it would have been nice to get more Heavy Drops in the Strike mission against the Spider and the Sphere bosses, I seemed to be getting plenty of special ammo drops coming off the mob spawns.

And to be honest, I think I did as much damage over time if not more w/ the specials as I did w/ the heavy's due to rate of fire and reload times. Spray shots for 5-6 70pt hits vs 1 300pt hit from snipper on the spider legs for a single trigger action as one example.

I'd say the snipper on the Sphere was more important as the one shot in the eye was pretty much a guaranty, while the recoil on the special meant some of the damage was reduced because it landed outside of the eye.

That said, I don't recall spending 20mins (more like 10mins) during the strike mission. That said, taking it down outside of the strike mission w/ just two people and no mobs spawning to drop special ammo took a good amount of time.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    - when joining a fire team I hate that you have to go out to orbit and then respawn away from the person you are trying to team up with. This is why nobody accepts invites when you meet up with them in Explore. It should be seamless.

- the warlock jump/glide. It's much harder to get the max height in your jumps.

- clans appear completely pointless as there is no way of seeing clan members in the roster unless they are in your friends list.

- the revive indicator needs to be much more prominent.

- haven't found anyone using a mic, mostly because there is no ability to do local area chat

- not sure the skill trees are different enough between the classes. Need to see how it pans out when released.

- not open world at all. All instanced rooms (some are quite large I agree). Hate you can't just land on earth and walk to all the locations, Devils Lair, etc.

- slow loading times.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

21. Likes VayMasters86, TAZ427 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    all the elements in the game are great but not well put together. thanks to cross-gen development.

it should've been an open world. not instances like tidal said. and this was my biggest issue before i even played the game.

Are you mainly watching Crucible matches? If so I'd agree that the crucible matches are typical COD type stuff.

I personally only played a few Crucible's just to get a taste, and that's never been to my liking (plus get my arse kicked by people who live and breath that.)

I'm a PvE campaign guy and an exploration guy, not a PvP guy. And from what I've experienced there's plenty of PvE campaign and exploration. At least 3 areas on Russia/Earth that I haven't exploried because mobs are so high that they're immune to me.

Not totally sure how big the campaign and exploration will be in the end, but I'm thinking pretty big. You can solo a lot of it, Strike missions are the only one you can't solo.
    I don't know what I'm watching, really. I just watched about a dozen different streams for a few minutes each. I just saw a lot of pew-pew-pew. Whether it was PvP or PvE, I don't know. It didn't really grab me either way. It seemed like Halo MP with some added powers. Just not my thing. I'm hoping for an interesting SP campaign. Otoh, I realize this is essentially a MP shooter, so I'm not surprised at any of this.

Superior Member

While I think there's a fair amount of overlap, as you progress, I believe it's a bit of either or on many of the options along the verticle trees. I've only played Warlock and Titan, but the Jump is definitely a good bit different on these two. The Charged hand seems more effective on the Titan. The fact that you through a Nova Bomb w/ Warlock and set it off at your location with Titan is a good bit different. Titan can take more abuse. I'd say my Lvl 6 Titan w/ 95 armor was more damage resistant than my lvl 8 Warlock w/ 122 armor. The warlocks grenade power seems more effective. Not sure how much differentiation there is at higher lvls but w/ all the upgrades I suspect it will have a lot of variation (looks like the vertical trees of options are - select one that you've unlocked to customize your char.)
    The only difference that I noticed between Titan's and Warlocks jump was that I needed to hit the second jump earlier for Warlock to get more height.

I wasn't referring to the primary specials being different, I meant that each class seems to be built off a check list. Grenade, check! Movement ability, check! Melee ability, Check! Cooldown reducer, check! It feels very rote, like as if they're so terrified of one class being favored over the other that they're all being created out of the same basic mold. Maybe give hunters short range traps that only go off when tripped, and give Warlocks a second big power and just leave Titan with grenades. How about keep titans melee normal but but give them a ground slam when melee is used in the air.

Borderlands 2 had 6 characters and each one played very different while still being FPS based.

And it doesn't? I've had no problems steam rolling content that's 4 lvls or more below my lvl.
    I mean for the weapons themselves, the higher attack ones don't do much more damage against enemies, it might in mid to high level depending on how their resistance system works (if extra attack is redundant or not), but I had two guns identical in every way except for attack (16 and 44 respectively) and the damage these weapons did to level 4 enemies was only about 3 points a hit or less. I actually had to take a second look to make sure I changed my weapon since the difference was so small.

While I would like to have more choice in this, can you really call it Bush league when just about everyone in the industry does it?
    Well a league needs more than one team. Warframe, a Free to play game, has fully customizable controls, why not a game with a multi-million dollar budget?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Forum Overseer
    I don't know what I'm watching, really. I just watched about a dozen different streams for a few minutes each. I just saw a lot of pew-pew-pew. Whether it was PvP or PvE, I don't know. It didn't really grab me either way. It seemed like Halo MP with some added powers. Just not my thing. I'm hoping for an interesting SP campaign. Otoh, I realize this is essentially a MP shooter, so I'm not surprised at any of this.
    pretty much. it doesn't grab you at first.

i guess this is for people that never played any halo games. makes me think, bungie should've stuck with MS, if this is what they were trying to do...XD

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    I mean for the weapons themselves, the higher attack ones don't do much more damage against enemies, it might in mid to high level depending on how their resistance system works (if extra attack is redundant or not), but I had two guns identical in every way except for attack (16 and 44 respectively) and the damage these weapons did to level 4 enemies was only about 3 points a hit or less. I actually had to take a second look to make sure I changed my weapon since the difference was so small.
    You misunderstand what Attack is. It is used only to determine whether your attack against an enemy beats their Defense number. If you beat it then you will inflict 100% damage from the weapon's Impact rating. If you don't beat it then you'll inflict a n% damage to the enemy, where n reduces the more their Defense outnumbers your Attack. Therefore a larger Attack means you deal full damage to a greater range of enemy levels.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    You misunderstand what Attack is. It is used only to determine whether your attack against an enemy beats their Defense number. If you beat it then you will inflict 100% damage from the weapon's Impact rating. If you don't beat it then you'll inflict a n% damage to the enemy, where n reduces the more their Defense outnumbers your Attack. Therefore a larger Attack means you deal full damage to a greater range of enemy levels.
    Good description. I guess it's easy to confuse that first big number as the damage amount, it's basically the weapon lvl, impact and rate of fire is going to determine max damage over time for a weapon. Weapon lvl is going to have the effect of possibly having reduced effectiveness against higher lvl mobs.

That's why the Knights that are down in the tunnel not to far from Russia drop in zone are immune to our weapon fire.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    - when joining a fire team I hate that you have to go out to orbit and then respawn away from the person you are trying to team up with. This is why nobody accepts invites when you meet up with them in Explore. It should be seamless.

- the warlock jump/glide. It's much harder to get the max height in your jumps.

- clans appear completely pointless as there is no way of seeing clan members in the roster unless they are in your friends list.

- the revive indicator needs to be much more prominent.

- haven't found anyone using a mic, mostly because there is no ability to do local area chat

- not sure the skill trees are different enough between the classes. Need to see how it pans out when released.

- not open world at all. All instanced rooms (some are quite large I agree). Hate you can't just land on earth and walk to all the locations, Devils Lair, etc.

- slow loading times.
    Actually you can land at the very first place where you start the game and go anywhere on the map without going back into space. You just have to figure out the path. I went to the Devils lair and fought the spider guy without ever going into the strike mission. Explore more you will find the paths.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    My only gripe is that the central city isn't that big.

I'm hoping for more of a sprawling city of some sort later in the game....something that will not necessarily blow my mind...but big nonetheless.

Forum Overseer
    ^they can't do that because it has to fit on the PS3/360 as well.

Thread Information