Dedicated Member

Dualshock 3 on pc?

I want to use the DS3 on pc (win 7 64 bluetooth 2.0), would i need some driver to make it compatible with pc , or would it work out of the box? Do i need some driver to make it work with apps like PCSX2 or epsxe?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I posted a guide somewhere on here ages ago on it, few mins while I search through my history.

EDIT: http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ht=motioninjoy

You might wanna check the website for newer driver and program versions though
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 07-21-2014 at 17:23.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    ^Will try to download the motioninjoy driver and will report tomorrow if i was successfully able to make the bluetooth connection work with pcsx2 and epsxe.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    It's a nice thing. Just saying rene, you won't have bluetooth UNLESS you have an actual DONGLE which is supported by the program/has the needed things the program will use. I used motioninjoy for a long time for certain games on my PC and it worked fine (though I didn't use bluetooth).

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Me neither I always used it wired.

Dedicated Member
    I do have a BT 2.0 dongle, hopefully the program can support it. My point of trying DS3 on pc is to get wireless, because for wired i already have a dualshock style usb controller.

Dedicated Member
    Dang, i was able to make the usb connection in an instant but the bt connection is not working. Motioninjoy has a page where they list working bt dongles and my dongle is not listed there which makes me assume that it does not work with motioninjoy My dongle works with everything else on my pc just fine, it is a mediabridge dongle bought from amazon. Motioninjoy cannot seem to detect and pair with it. Now either i'll have to get one of the listed bt dongles that work with motioninjoy, or try some totally different method.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Did you go to the motioninjoy website and download the latest version? The direct download links in my guide are like 3+ years old.

Super Elite
    Couldn't you use a Xbox 360 controller to get it working it is so much simpler than a DS3.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I use ds4tool for the ds4 and motioninjoy for ps3 ds3. The pcsx2 emu some games are not compatible with the ds4

Dedicated Member
    I did use the latest version they have on the site but the program fails to pick my bt dongle. As for using a 360 controller, i do have one, but i need to use playstation emulators on pc so i'd rather setup a ds3. I don't know about the ds4 as i don't own the ps4 yet. I tried installing motioninjoy on my win 7 desktop so far, i'll try it on my win 8 lappy to see if it works there.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The emu picks up the controller but you need ds4 tool, just re map the controller setup on the emulator

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    You don't it's all built in to motioninjoy for mapping, presets etc.

I have been using this method to use my DS3 with my PC: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInpu...DS2-Controller. It's a bit complicated to set up, but it might be worth investigating as an alternative to Motioninjoy.

I have not tried Motioninjoy, so I don't know whether the above method is better or worse. But I can confirm that it supports both built-in Bluetooth as well as dongles. (Both require Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.) Bluetooth pairing worked OOTB with my Vaio laptop (Intel chipset), but with my desktop, I use a dongle that is not natively supported (Asus BT400), and the workaround for this (also described in the above thread) enabled me to use it.

16. Likes Alpha2, rene2kx likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    ^Just wanted to note that the above method managed to work for me. I wasn't expecting it to but i had nothing to lose to try it out. Motioninjoy had only worked partially for me, as in i could only establish a usb connection with it but not a bluetooth one. So I i installed all the drivers recommended in the link above, it took a little longer than usual, then rebooted the pc and started pcsx2 and to my surprise, the ds3 was able to establish pairing with my BT dongle.

Elite Guru
    I also use the above. Works like a charm, much easier and fewer headaches that Motionjoy or X360c.

Thread Information