Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Pre-order placed!

So, guys, I pre-ordered a PS4 (Last of Us Bundle) just now for next week!
    I got PS+ as well, so that'll be a useful function, but my question is simple...
    Which games are REALLY worth the buy? I might get 1 more game with the bundle when I'm there, but am not sure which one... I was doubting to get FIFA 14, but since 15 is coming out in about 2 months I don't see the use of getting that (yet)... Any suggestions of MUST PLAY?

2. Likes Lethal , Duffman likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    "Must play"
    Not sure there are any of those...well, not till The Last of Us...which you'll already have.

I do recommend AC4 though, if you enjoy the pirate theme it can make for a great experience.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Actually might get that... Though I'll finish the other assassin's creed games on my ps3 though

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've had more fun with Indies than the bigger games. Infamous is probably the best big game but otherwise resogun, outlast and don't Starve are a blast to play.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    So, guys, I pre-ordered a PS4 (Last of Us Bundle) just now for next week!
    I got PS+ as well, so that'll be a useful function, but my question is simple...
    Which games are REALLY worth the buy? I might get 1 more game with the bundle when I'm there, but am not sure which one... I was doubting to get FIFA 14, but since 15 is coming out in about 2 months I don't see the use of getting that (yet)... Any suggestions of MUST PLAY?
    You got PS+? 'Purchase PS4 title Towerfall while you have the chance and play with a friend! (you'll need at least two controllers)

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    You got PS+? 'Purchase PS4 title Towerfall while you have the chance and play with a friend! (you'll need at least two controllers)
    OMG, Towerfall was wretched IMHO. Felt like I was playing an NES game with the NES pad. Sorry, but I don't miss the days of NES (well maybe for Legend of Zelda and Dragons Quest - a bit of nostalgia there.)

Trying to move and aim w/ the D-pad is just too much of a PIA. I deleted it after 5mins. Too bad I can't delete these games off my trophy list.

As for a must get. If you haven't done Watch Dogs or AC:BF I'd get those, also get Infamous: SS, should be discounted to about 2/3 of retail by now. It was enjoyable, if not so much as the first two games in the series IMHO.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    OMG, Towerfall was wretched IMHO.
    Sorry Taz.. but this one you're off by a country mile!

Towerfall is the deepest, most enjoyable coop/competitive game consoles has seen the last 5 years. I really dont know why you mention the D-pad because using the analog is way more accurate. You can even aim in 360 (with mutator).

I really pity peoples obsession with realistic graphics. Sometimes the visuals benefit by leaving some things to the imagination.

Hope you enjoy it! (And that you Taz reconsider )
    Last edited by K2D; 5 Days Ago at 13:01.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Glad you finally took the plunge and brought a PS4, nice idea waiting for TLOU Remastered bundle as well as it's such an amazing game! I would also recommend AC4, great story and massive open world one of the best games I have played in a little while. Other than that there are a few interesting indie games but most of the other interesting stuff doesn't really come out till September/October but some of it is worth keeping your eye on!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

10. Likes 33x likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Will see if I'm getting another game
    Got quite some PS3 games and Vita games I've got to finish as well, so I'll see... If I'll get one, it'll probably be AC4 though. Played it half on my PC and it wasn't THAT bad, though I had a good laugh at quite a lot of things lol

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Sorry Taz.. but this one you're off by a country mile!

Towerfall is the deepest, most enjoyable coop/competitive game consoles has seen the last 5 years. I really dont know why you mention the D-pad because using the analog is way more accurate. You can even aim in 360 (with mutator).

I really pity peoples obsession with realistic graphics. Sometimes the visuals benefit by leaving some things to the imagination.

Hope you enjoy it! (And that you Taz reconsider )
    Hum, maybe I need to re-install it for another try. I started out trying to aim w/ the analog stick and it wasn't working, so I moved to the d-pad. Maybe something was glitching on me. Thanks for the feedback!

There's a couple side mission/mini-games in LBP2 that are similar in game style that I loved to play. Especially kicking my son's arse.

I'm not an anti-8bit graphic person, that didn't phase me, especially on a game like this.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Infamous SS is a really fun game, even if a bit smaller than previous entries.
    I think the really fun games are coming later this year / early next year
    But definitely get a few of the small games on PSN....
    Resogun - definitely a blast - challenging but fun
    Don't Starve - is a really fun exploration and crafting game
    Transitor - is really fun turn based / action RPG - is a bit small so might want to wait for price drop.
    Dead Nation - if you missed this on PS3 grab it
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Infamous, haven't played any game yet on the PS3 either... I got one though from the action where they $#@!ed up with PSN a year or 2 ago? But haven't really played it...
    Have gotten Dead Nation on both PS3 and vita, trying to really play on it on Vita (when I got a couple other games finished) so that one's out of the question as well

Currently having a little bit doubts to get AC 4 for the PS4 when I got it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Hey, I'm just glad you have an open mind about it! I don't benefit in any way from this - I just love every new experience that manages to breath a breadth of fresh air into gaming for me. And I try my best to share these where I can.
    Last edited by K2D; 3 Days Ago at 02:25.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    I just finished KZ SF campaign, it was epic. If you can get for 20-25(24 new from Amazon atm I think), buy it. Haven't touched MP but will soon..

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I probably won't, Oregon :P
    I've got Killzone 3 on my PS3 but barely played it... I don't know, I don't really like it that much :c
    Not going to lie, somewhere I'm having doubts whether or not I'd get COD Ghosts, but then again, I don't see why I would too...

Mostly doubting between FIFA 14 and AC4 at this moment

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    AC4 is definitely worth a play, would highly recommend as I'm sure would many people on here!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    inFamous: Second Son is the onky game I would recommend as a must own title at the moment. I made sure to platinum that game as I enjoyed it so damn much! I was sad when I finally completed everything there is in the game as I didn't want it to end. Also, welcome to the club!

8 years and counting!

Thread Information