Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 101
  1. #1
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    How hard can it be?

    To send a PM telling me my sig is too large instead of letting me find out the next time posted.
    What are the limits for sig pics? This link is dead
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...atar-Rules-1-0

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,412
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    78,653 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think it is something like 500x200 or something close to that.

  3. #3
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,376
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    152,451 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Normal members - 500x160 @125kb
    Staff (including Design Squad members) - 560x200 @250kb
    Subscribers / Pink Subs - 520x180 @250kb
    PSU Editors - 560x200 @250kb
    I kept it in my favourites because I always struggled finding the thread and page




  4. Likes Nerevar , keefy likes this post
  5. #4
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Common sense plays a role as well. Someone had a 30 megabyte video GIF of Drive Club... lol.

    But Sy answered your question.

    The avatar/sig rules are getting adjustments again, though.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  6. #5
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,720
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,534 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We've not had officially listed signature rules for about a year now. That needs to be fixed.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  7. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,313
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    6,670 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There should still be a signature sticky in the staff forums. Not sure if you guys updated it after Ghost revised the rules but there's a link in there you can copy and replace a user's oversized signature with that also redirects them.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-24-2014 at 03:37.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  8. #7
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    TBH i thought this was one of DJ's unintentional sexual innuendo threads when i read the headline


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  9. Likes miamiman, -Dj- likes this post
  10. #8
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Common sense plays a role as well. Someone had a 30 megabyte video GIF of Drive Club... lol.

    But Sy answered your question.

    The avatar/sig rules are getting adjustments again, though.
    So does common courtesy which this forum seems to lack when informing users about posts being deleted for example.

  11. #9
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    When I was Admin we had a STANDARD dialogue and procedure that was utilized. We had a default display image that informed the user that their signature was removed (which we placed over the signature). We then sent a direct PM to the user explaining in depth what the proper dimensions and size limitations were as well. This was a procedure in which all staff followed, and it was highly recommended we all followed the same protocol, which is easily not the case anymore.
    Last edited by Justin; 07-24-2014 at 17:30.

    8 years and counting!

  12. #10
    Elite Sage
    miamiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,173
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    373 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Justin for mayor!

    WylieTimes spoils me.
    <3 Tribunal, not in a ghey way though... kinda...
    70% of the world is covered by water... The rest is USA!
    [/CENTER]

  13. #11
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    When I was Admin we had a STANDARD dialogue and procedure that was utilized. We had a default display image that informed the user that their signature was removed (which we placed over the signature). We then sent a direct PM to the user explaining in depth what the proper dimensions and size limitations were as well. This was a procedure in which all staff followed, and it was highly recommended we all followed the same protocol, which is easily not the case anymore.
    We haven't gotten around to the "protocol" because the avatar/signature/user bar feature is part of the collective changes that are going to be implemented upon the advent of the forum upgrade, which is coming up very soon. It's also part of the Subscriber perks among a hundred other things, which are also being worked on.

    This "issue" is also being highly exaggerated, but I do appreciate you making it seem worse than it actually is. Sometimes PMs are sent, sometimes messages are placed in sigs depending on the staff member. If you get a message placed in your sig, don't get your feelings hurt. You're not being reprimanded because you're not committing some heinous forum crime. It's just a simple request. Staff congruency will be more apparent when the new site and forums are in full swing. It's also up to the discretion of staff how they deal with the forums.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-24-2014 at 20:04.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  14. #12
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    We haven't gotten around to the "protocol" because the avatar/signature/user bar feature is part of the collective changes that are going to be implemented upon the advent of the forum upgrade, which is coming up very soon. It's also part of the Subscriber perks among a hundred other things, which are also being worked on.

    This "issue" is also being highly exaggerated, but I do appreciate you making it seem worse than it actually is. Sometimes PMs are sent, sometimes messages are placed in sigs depending on the staff member. If you get a message placed in your sig, don't get your feelings hurt. You're not being reprimanded because you're not committing some heinous forum crime. It's just a simple request. Staff congruency will be more apparent when the new site and forums are in full swing. It's also up to the discretion of staff how they deal with the forums.
    I see a lot of problems with what you posted. "Certain staff" members caught my eye as meaning there are multiple methods in place for dealing with something simple like an over sized signature, based on what that staff member wants to do. Also why wait for the implementation of the new forum? A standard procedure should be in place that ALL staff members follow, at all times. Common courtesy, and a more professional approach would be greatly appreciated and respected.

    Also, access to sig/avatar rules should be more easily documented for members instead of trying to hunt them down all the time. Perhaps a link in the actual section where you can make your sig/avatar changes? Just a thought.

    8 years and counting!

  15. #13
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,720
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,534 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I see a lot of problems with what you posted. "Certain staff" members caught my eye as meaning there are multiple methods in place for dealing with something simple like an over sized signature, based on what that staff member wants to do. Also why wait for the implementation of the new forum? A standard procedure should be in place that ALL staff members follow, at all times. Common courtesy, and a more professional approach would be greatly appreciated and respected.
    Sure, but please be aware that this remains entirely non-egregious. Members are told when their signatures are removed and for the reason why. We've been doing this for a year now and this is the first I've seen anyone bring up the method of messaging. It's not an actual problem, but regardless we will work to better the way we handle it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Also, access to sig/avatar rules should be more easily documented for members instead of trying to hunt them down all the time. Perhaps a link in the actual section where you can make your sig/avatar changes? Just a thought.
    I've added it in the Rules thread just now. I believe there's a way to link people to that exact part but I don't know how.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  16. Likes Justin likes this post
  17. #14
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Having communication between staff and forum members is crucial, and it should be mandatory that PM's get sent whenever the staff takes issue on anything regarding a specific member. Not sending a courtesy PM is plain lazy and in my opinion there is no excuse for not doing it.

    8 years and counting!

  18. #15
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just to further touch on all around staff laziness here are 2 questions asked by members that have gone unanswered for 2 weeks now.

    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Hey! Just wondering.. is there a reason we don't have a sticky for user-names in the PS4 section? Should be good for knitting the community better together, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by bromdem View Post
    Hello,

    I registered as Patchm00 (zero's on the end). Received activation email and activated. However, I am unable to reply to posts (don't even see the Green Reply button) or create posts (access denied). Registered about 2 weeks ago.

    Just today registered with this new alias and was able to post/reply right away. Is there someone who can fix my Patchm00 permissions?

    thank you
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post6359607


    Keep up the great work everyone.

    8 years and counting!

  19. #16
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,785
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,399 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    First world problems much? Someone didn't get a pm about sig change, meanwhile rebels have shot down a plane killing 300 people and causing international tension. Seriously.

    The new front page is nearly ready, then comes new forums and the team will plug all these lil gaps. In the meantime try not to sweat the small stuff.

    Sent from my GT-I9000

  20. #17
    Elite Sage
    miamiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,173
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    373 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Just to further touch on all around staff laziness here are 2 questions asked by members that have gone unanswered for 2 weeks now.





    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post6359607


    Keep up the great work everyone.
    Got em! JustinTHEMan!

    #irinstigator

    WylieTimes spoils me.
    <3 Tribunal, not in a ghey way though... kinda...
    70% of the world is covered by water... The rest is USA!
    [/CENTER]

  21. #18
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    First world problems much? Someone didn't get a pm about sig change, meanwhile rebels have shot down a plane killing 300 people and causing international tension. Seriously.

    The new front page is nearly ready, then comes new forums and the team will plug all these lil gaps. In the meantime try not to sweat the small stuff.

    Sent from my GT-I9000
    Instead of reminding the masses of a world tragedy try taking a more leadership ready approach and fix the staff faults. The constant go to is "you guys look into this too much", instead of realizing the obvious which is the lackluster staff effort. Look, you have a colored name for a reason. Stop looking at it as a status symbol on the forum and start implementing what it is to have the status by helping the community.

    The constant reminders about the new front page are getting old. Just because something new is in the works it doesn't mean you instantly turn your back on what is currently in front of you. There is still a forum to uphold until a new one is implemented. Period.

    8 years and counting!

  22. Likes Cuguy likes this post
  23. #19
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,785
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,399 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Instead of reminding the masses of a world tragedy try taking a more leadership ready approach and fix the staff faults. The constant go to is "you guys look into this too much", instead of realizing the obvious which is the lackluster staff effort. Look, you have a colored name for a reason. Stop looking at it as a status symbol on the forum and start implementing what it is to have the status by helping the community.

    The constant reminders about the new front page are getting old. Just because something new is in the works it doesn't mean you instantly turn your back on what is currently in front of you. There is still a forum to uphold until a new one is implemented. Period.
    Members trying to incite drama also gets old. As often as you remind us of your past experience as staff, I thought this might have dawned upon you but youre usually right up front with your pitchfork. Sending a pm for staff to discuss and act upon yields better results than posturing in here about how useless we are and how you acted so perfectly in your heyday.

    Sent from my GT-I9000

  24. #20
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Are you having a bad day Ghost?

    I thought you were better than your last 2 posts in here mate.

    If Keefy had enough of an issue to make a thread about a lack of whatever, then why make it out to be a non-issue?


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  25. Likes Justin likes this post
  26. #21
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,313
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    6,670 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You know, I brought up the same thing but without inciting any drama:

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    There should still be a signature sticky in the staff forums. Not sure if you guys updated it after Ghost revised the rules but there's a link in there you can copy and replace a user's oversized signature with that also redirects them.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  27. #22
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,785
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,399 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Are you having a bad day Ghost?

    I thought you were better than your last 2 posts in here mate.

    If Keefy had enough of an issue to make a thread about a lack of whatever, then why make it out to be a non-issue?
    I wish it were just 1 bad day, alas my BS is a prolonged and taxing affair. My apologies for being blunt, I wasn't belittling his issue, just some peoples love of witch hunts.

    If he reached out to staff via pm and was ignored then by all means shine a public light on the matter but people too often don't even give us a chance to remedy the situation before they air the laundry.

    Sent from my GT-I9000

  28. #23
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Members trying to incite drama also gets old. As often as you remind us of your past experience as staff, I thought this might have dawned upon you but youre usually right up front with your pitchfork. Sending a pm for staff to discuss and act upon yields better results than posturing in here about how useless we are and how you acted so perfectly in your heyday.

    Sent from my GT-I9000
    Once again you are trying to put me off as wanting to cause drama instead of discussing the issue at hand. Trust me there would be a HUGE difference in my posting style if I wanted to cause drama. On the other hand I am just stating the obvious here and backed it up with several examples.

    Never once did I state I was perfect in my day, instead I state that procedures were in place long before I even became a member of staff. There were guidelines that all staff followed to ensure things were dealt with correctly. Lately though these common procedures/guidelines on how to deal with things have completely broken down and the result of this is being felt tremendously. I am not alone when I state the staff is distant from the community and majority barely have any input anymore. I can name several who log in every few weeks, post nothing, then leave. I get the feeling most are holding their positions for the colorful name, not for the responsibility that should come with it. If you have no desire to help out and fulfill staff duties then step down. Holding the position only hurts the forum as the role isn't being fulfilled to the standard that it should be.

    A member had enough grievance over something to create a thread about it and it is being downplayed. The lack of leadership and professionalism from the current staff is truly eye opening while the foundation of this once amazing forum continues to crumble.

    8 years and counting!

  29. #24
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,376
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    152,451 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We should be able to work together to sort out these issues without getting vitriolic about certain subjects. A lot of members can tell things aren't how they used to be but they won't get any better like this!




  30. #25
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,785
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,399 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    We should be able to work together to sort out these issues without getting vitriolic about certain subjects. A lot of members can tell things aren't how they used to be but they won't get any better like this!
    Yeah I'm sorry to all for being short. Sleep is kind of elusive at the moment and I'm a tad ugh, a lil bleh with a side of 'killlll meeee'.

    I just wish people would approach the team privately with issues first.

    Sent from my GT-I9000

  31. Likes Sylar likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.