Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 101
  1. #51
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    Can you put a stake in the ground and give us a date you will release the new look? Are you waiting for both the forum and web site redesigns to be complete before releasing either? If so, I'd say don't do that and release each one as it's ready. I think the site redesign is on the verge of being complete isn't it?
    Trying to get final approval from the powers that be to launch the redesign. I'd love nothing more than to give everyone a firm date, but just isn't up to me right now.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  2. #52
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,297
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    151,501 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looking forward to seeing it all finished!

    Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk




  3. Likes Justin likes this post
  4. #53
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    How hard can it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I have openly stated the obvious with my posts, I leave what was said with the staff. All I can do is hope that my words are not taken lightly and they ignite a fire under the staff to fix a lot of lazy habits.
    You haven't lit anything, you've just been condescending and presumptive, neither of which are productive. Most of what you think is happening isn't. The staff isn't lazy and they're not just here to "wear colors" as you so bluntly put it. The tone of your posts is not exactly one in which will encourage others to listen. Try toning it down a notch. The crap-flinging is growing tiresome. Constructive criticism is encouraged. Blatantly insulting the entire staff as a collective whole is not.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it all finished!
    Same here, Sy.


    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    Can you put a stake in the ground and give us a date you will release the new look? Are you waiting for both the forum and web site redesigns to be complete before releasing either? If so, I'd say don't do that and release each one as it's ready. I think the site redesign is on the verge of being complete isn't it?
    Like Chris said... there's no clear date yet, but the main page should be very soon. The forums will come afterwards... so they won't be launched simultaneously, just when they're ready.


    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Trying to get final approval from the powers that be to launch the redesign. I'd love nothing more than to give everyone a firm date, but just isn't up to me right now.
    Thanks, Chris.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-28-2014 at 17:28.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  5. Likes Christopher likes this post
  6. #54
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    You haven't lit anything, you've just been condescending and presumptive, neither of which are productive. Most of what you think is happening isn't. The staff isn't lazy and they're not just here to "wear colors" as you so bluntly put it. The tone of your posts is not exactly one in which will encourage others to listen. Try toning it down a notch. The crap-flinging is growing tiresome. Constructive criticism is encouraged. Blatantly insulting the entire staff as a collective whole is not.
    Take the truth as you want but facts are facts. The only staff that are actually doing anything around here are those who weren't even staff, but simply brought in as the current staff had NO CLUE what they were doing. I haven't insulted anyone by pointing out lazy staff habits. It is basically the same circle, you guys want constructive criticism so I gave it, then I am told to tone it down? Truth hurts I guess.

    8 years and counting!

  7. #55
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,699
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,303 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Actually, all you've done is conflate a difference of opinion as an objective measure to justify calling us lazy, then continued labeling it as fact. It's not. I'm sorry you disagree with the standards, or lack of, employed so far by the staff but that doesn't make you right and us wrong. It simply means you disprove, and that's as far as it goes. Stop pushing at as something it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Keep up the great work everyone.
    Was this also criticism? Of course not, it was a sarcastic jab.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  8. #56
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Once again the circle has been completed.

    Fact: Current staff had no knowledge in key areas, so forum members with particular skills were instantly promoted for forum/site needs.

    Fact: Our last CM was not equipped with the necessary skills for the role. In his tenure what was accomplished? The number of active members were in a steady decline and still are.

    Fact: Our new CM is in the same boat. Though I will admit the new hire has a great set of skills when it comes to forum software and such which is nice to see. Perhaps to early to judge but currently what has the new CM done to promote the community or interact with?

    Fact: A Mod quit due to a change of the guard, then instantly got their title back because they wanted it. Call me old fashioned here but why did that occur? Perhaps none of my business but it doesn't come off as very good management.

    I could keep going, but I think I made my point. I could also start showcasing in this thread certain staff members activity levels over the past year as a direct result of non-activity. Why are the roles being held? Do these individuals not realize they are doing the forum no favors by holding these positions? I have an ample amount of respect for this place being here since 2005 but when things are in the $#@!ter as they are now I speak up and demand answers from the main forum I have called home for so many years.

    I think once again everyone is getting the wrong impression from me. I am not here to cause drama or insult anyone, I am here to try and get results and the current staff are not getting it done. Perhaps sharing specific PM's will help ensure my cause? Or what about direct e-mails from long time members who became increasingly frustrated with the current community so opted to leave? The steady decline in forum activity is still ongoing and nothing is being done to curb that. Sure a new forum will be a great step forward but what is a new forum without a decent/committed community utilizing it? It is like I said before just because a new forum design is in the works doesn't mean you suddenly opt out of your passion for what is currently in front of you. Work with what you are given, and if determined enough positives can come out of it.

    8 years and counting!

  9. #57
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,699
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,303 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The staff being lazy isn't a fact, which is what I was saying based on the flow of responses made between you and Brandon. That was your main calling point, which is fine, but don't act like it's something objective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Fact: A Mod quit due to a change of the guard, then instantly got their title back because they wanted it. Call me old fashioned here but why did that occur? Perhaps none of my business but it doesn't come off as very good management.
    There was a need for staff members. He wanted his position back. He was more experienced with the job than others, so he was booted up to a moderator (note: not his original admin position).

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    The steady decline in forum activity is still ongoing and nothing is being done to curb that.
    Nothing had been done to curb it, yet you admit the new forum design will be a step towards helping things? Keep in mind this is being worked on by two guys who do this entirely for free in their spare time. Software and aesthetic designs isn't easy, and it takes time.

    We can't chain members to the forums. Numbers were falling before the staff switch-out and they kept falling afterwards. What would you suggest to keep people here? It's not a simple solution.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  10. #58
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,045
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    15,608 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Once again the circle has been completed.
    ?

    Fact: A Mod quit due to a change of the guard, then instantly got their title back because they wanted it. Call me old fashioned here but why did that occur? Perhaps none of my business but it doesn't come off as very good management.
    And that bull$#@! is the reason I don't post as often. Someone who complained many times is now suddenly back in power and loves to flex that power.

    on tap a talk on LG g2 and I suck at typing on phones so forgive my typo errors.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  11. #59
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post


    There was a need for staff members. He wanted his position back. He was more experienced with the job than others, so he was booted up to a moderator (note: not his original admin position).



    Nothing had been done to curb it, yet you admit the new forum design will be a step towards helping things? Keep in mind this is being worked on by two guys who do this entirely for free in their spare time. Software and aesthetic designs isn't easy, and it takes time.

    We can't chain members to the forums. Numbers were falling before the staff switch-out and they kept falling afterwards. What would you suggest to keep people here? It's not a simple solution.
    I am sorry but throwing a fit and ridding yourself of responsibilities doesn't sit well with me. After the showcase of childish antics in the shout box, and various threads once the new CM took over spoke volumes. Yet they were allowed to come back and instantly be thrown back into the staff. I am sorry but we have far more members here who could handle the role with a lot more maturity than this individual showcased. It doesn't send a very good message when they are instantly given their Mod abilities back because they "chose" to come back.

    Yes I admit the new forum will be a great step forward BUT before you lay a foundation there is still a lot of work that needs to be done with what you currently have. I have had many ideas over the past 2 years and apparently they have all fallen on deaf ears as none were implemented or even considered. They were simple implementations as well and something to promote discussion, and to promote users to showcase our forum on social media.

    Question time FOR ALL STAFF. Do you feel you have to your BEST ability fulfilled your staff duties? If so what have you done to better the community and help its members? I would love to hear your responses.

    8 years and counting!

  12. #60
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,699
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,303 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I am sorry but throwing a fit and ridding yourself of responsibilities doesn't sit well with me. After the showcase of childish antics in the shout box, and various threads once the new CM took over spoke volumes. Yet they were allowed to come back and instantly be thrown back into the staff. I am sorry but we have far more members here who could handle the role with a lot more maturity than this individual showcased. It doesn't send a very good message when they are instantly given their Mod abilities back because they "chose" to come back.
    I think everyone agrees the way Lethal acted during the switch-out was childish. But do keep in mind he came back later apologizing for his behavior, and since ever he's been reinstated he has done his duties as a moderator. Did he deserve a second chance? That's up to anyone's opinion. Were there better choices? Probably.

    I can see why people weren't happy about that. *shrug* Ghost would have a better response for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yes I admit the new forum will be a great step forward BUT before you lay a foundation there is still a lot of work that needs to be done with what you currently have. I have had many ideas over the past 2 years and apparently they have all fallen on deaf ears as none were implemented or even considered. They were simple implementations as well and something to promote discussion, and to promote users to showcase our forum on social media.
    Mind running through some of them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Question time FOR ALL STAFF. Do you feel you have to your BEST ability fulfilled your staff duties? If so what have you done to better the community and help its members? I would love to hear your responses.
    I'm hope you realize that's an incredibly ambiguous question.

    There's the occasion where I'll be too tired to handle a larger report, like a member causing trouble in a thread which requires a lot of reading on my part to get the context of the situation and responses. Does that make me lazy? I want to say it doesn't, considering I'm doing this for free in my spare time. I'll usually skip them (they'll be handled in the next few hours usually) or forward them to someone who may be on and can handle it then. When I'm well awake and not busy I handle the reports I see, or at least most of them. Spam reports are no issue though and always get taken care of.

    That probably applies to the most of the staff most of the time, too.

    Some of us make attempts to induce activity in threads (or even posting threads) when stuff starts getting really slow. I try to do this often, even when I don't feel like posting (not sure if you guys have noticed but I've kinda moved on from consoles...). It's a little thing but it is us going that extra step sometimes to help the forum. Additionally I, and some others, do try to keep our responses to you guys civil, helpful, and open to suggestions. Meta threads do pop up in the staff section with ideas and self-criticisms to improve things or better ourselves. You don't see it, but often times we're the first to point out when one of us $#@!s up.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  13. Likes Sylar likes this post
  14. #61
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    412,140 (0 Banked)
    I PM's Victor to ask what his sig was, lol. I asked him to replace it with the opening panning sequence of Spaceball 1 from Spaceballs, rofl. I should take my own advice, but, he does better work.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

  15. #62
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

    Yes I admit the new forum will be a great step forward BUT before you lay a foundation there is still a lot of work that needs to be done with what you currently have. I have had many ideas over the past 2 years and apparently they have all fallen on deaf ears as none were implemented or even considered. They were simple implementations as well and something to promote discussion, and to promote users to showcase our forum on social media.
    I know I haven't seen your ideas, Justin, so I would love for you to list them again. Or anyone else, for that matter. If there are things folks believe the staff can do to boost the activity.....please speak up.

    Question time FOR ALL STAFF. Do you feel you have to your BEST ability fulfilled your staff duties? If so what have you done to better the community and help its members? I would love to hear your responses.
    This staff does a good job covering for each other in the daily tasks of running a forum. I have not been as active lately because I have working to get the site redesign completed and that has consumed 100% of my free time. But when I do have a chance to pop in the forums, I usually see every report handled. That includes deleting spam, merging/moving threads, the occasional poster drama and all the little things that happen on a regular basis. Keep in mind, we aren't on schedules to take care of the forum. Every staff member comes in as they can. If we didn't then the forum would be riddled with all kind of crap. So this staff is doing a good job of handling things. Much of it no one ever sees. But that's how it is supposed to be.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  16. #63
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The impression people are getting of you, Justin, is something that's been entirely created on your own. If you want people to perceive you differently, then you must adjust accordingly. Also, when you keep stating that your opinions are fact, when they are not, it makes people tune out to what you have say, even if what you're saying has valid points. Insulting people tunes them out further. This is basic psychology and we've all been guilty of this at one point or another, but it's an important thing to remember when trying to have a civil discussion, which this isn't. At least not on your end.

    And I want to make this abundantly clear: It really isn't up to you to tell us how to do our jobs ... or how you think we should be doing them ... and I would appreciate it if you would stop. Things aren't going to be run by how you think they should be run. We're open to ideas and we've taken many ideas from the community from to time, but ultimately it's up to the team to decide how things should be done. That's just something you're going to have to accept and live with.

    I'm going to reiterate that what you think is happening behind the scenes is most definitely not, and your bitter assumptions are a far cry from the truth. The staff doesn't always agree on everything, but at the end of the day, we find a way to make things work.

    The past isn't going to come back ... things will never be the way they used to be ... but we're going to do our damnedest to make things work as we transition to new everything over the next few months.

    I really don't care what anyone did in the past ... right now everyone has a clean slate ... and it's up to each individual what they do with that clean slate. Lethal came back because he apologized and he is doing a great job with his staff position right now. I don't care what your opinion of him is, everyone deserves a second chance, and he came back in earnest. He is a great guy ... and he is a busy family man as well. We're all busy with something and the reason why we're doing this stuff is because we're passionate about PSU. To think we're doing this for any other reason is downright insulting and I'm tired of hearing your opinion as to why you think we're doing what we do. I've been here a little bit longer than you, and I've seen this place rise and fall just as you have. But in order to move forward, we all need to get along. It's as simple as that.

    I love what's coming to PSU ... and I think you will too. It truly is something to get excited about. But if everyone keeps making mountains out of molehills, we're not going to evolve.

    So please, enough with the finger pointing. We all want the same things here ... maybe we want to take different roads to get there ... but the end goal is the same.

    I value everyone we have on staff ... and they all love PSU. I promise you that. If you want to make suggestions, please do them in a civil manner. You'll find that people are more receptive when you do this. And THAT is a fact. I have zero problems hearing about things we may or may not be doing wrong, but if you disagree with something that's being done, there is zero reason to be insulting about it. Just keep it civil.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  17. #64
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,920
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,932 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I dont know where you get this stuff from. As CM I always said I was open to questions, suggestions and complaints via PM and always took critism to the team for discussion. When people were really upset I urged them to contact the GM directly.
    Shouldn't you remove the public Feedback forum then?

  18. #65
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why would we do that? There's multiple means of bringing up issues. If you PM staff directly, they're more likely to get to it sooner because we get a PM notification pop up slapping us in the face when we log in.

    Or are you just here to nitpick everything Ghost says?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  19. #66
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,574
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    78,118 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Why would we do that? There's multiple means of bringing up issues. If you PM staff directly, they're more likely to get to it sooner because we get a PM notification pop up slapping us in the face when we log in.

    Or are you just here to nitpick everything Ghost says?
    its more fun that way



  20. Likes miamiman likes this post
  21. #67
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yes, it's just a downright lulzy experience.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  22. #68
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    To be fair to Justin, he is perfectly well within his rights to bust you guys' balls. And he does it more well thought out and written than most.

    I have also seen numerous times in these kind of threads about his suggestions for the forum. Granted, i know not what these suggestions were but obviously non have materialised?

    Personally, I think Chris is the only person of this past 12months regime that has come out smelling of roses.

    The rest of you, you could do better

    2p


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  23. #69
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,920
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,932 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Why would we do that? There's multiple means of bringing up issues. If you PM staff directly, they're more likely to get to it sooner because we get a PM notification pop up slapping us in the face when we log in.
    It's a valid suggestion. Ghost wasn't just referring to response time. He's said multiple times that we should just PM the staff, and removing the public feedback forum would save your team from talking with us all the time, and instead you could focus on other duties.

  24. #70
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We don't mind talking with you guys, Ix.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  25. #71
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,694
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,338 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't expect this thread to go this far.

    What have I started?

  26. #72
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,768
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    16,099 (0 Banked)
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    re new forum.

    will we get old rep pips back ?




    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  27. Likes miamiman, Sylar likes this post
  28. #73
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This could honestly go on forever. I have said my piece and hopefully it struck a nerve with most, and judging by certain responses I believe that is indeed the case. The constant downplay of my accusations is nothing short of a surprise as sometimes the truth can hurt. I will end this now with a sincere message to everyone.

    I truly hope there will be a day when PSU reaches the top of the mountain again when it comes to forum activity. The community as a whole deserves better. A better environment (which is coming....eventually), better staff who take the time to listen instead of instantly point the finger back, more active staff, a more inviting community, and a proper CM with actual experience in this area. We shouldn't have to settle for less but sadly this is the current state of affairs. The numbers are still continuing to decline at a rapid rate, and even the launch of a new console generation didn't increase traffic long term.

    I am becoming rather tired of being the main person fighting for a better future at PSU a place I have called home since 2005. The mental stress it has caused has reached new levels for me as I see so much potential but sadly the ones who can make a difference choose to just sit back and ride the already sinking ship. Christopher is a top notch guy here, and PSU is beyond lucky to have him on board. He has my up most respect for the work he has done and continues to do.

    I now leave PSU to join the list of long standing members who have left for greener pastures. I could start an amazing list of past posters who have left due to crap atmosphere, mediocre community, etc. I will visit from time to time but until change occurs I will no longer be an active member of this community. I have fought now for change for over a year and no one cares. Like I said before, it's as if I continue beating the same dead horse hoping for him to get up and win a race. Well today I finally discovered that the horse is indeed dead. To the current staff I am sure this will be a day they have envisioned for a long time coming. Enjoy.

    8 years and counting!

  29. #74
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,465
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,559 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    To be fair to Justin, he is perfectly well within his rights to bust you guys' balls. And he does it more well thought out and written than most.

    I have also seen numerous times in these kind of threads about his suggestions for the forum. Granted, i know not what these suggestions were but obviously non have materialised?

    Personally, I think Chris is the only person of this past 12months regime that has come out smelling of roses.

    The rest of you, you could do better

    2p
    Switching forum software has been on the table since the end of last year, if i can recall correctly. We've looked at quite a few options. It's difficult to make additions when you can't say with certainty there will be 1:1 feature parity after migration.

    This has shaped quite a few of admins discussions over this year. Of which there have been many.

    However, this isn't the case any more. We've selected a new software and are moving forward with it. And HOPEFULLY, make it easier for our members to use the forums in conjunction with the many other websites out there.

    It offers us a platform to better integrate with the modern aged internet audience while still keeping the core PSU experience intact
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  30. #75
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I now leave PSU to join the list of long standing members who have left for greener pastures. I could start an amazing list of past posters who have left due to crap atmosphere, mediocre community, etc. I will visit from time to time but until change occurs I will no longer be an active member of this community

    The day that I was replaced and every single person stopped talking to me, no one asked for past input, etc... I knew that the day would come I would say this same thing.

    I come here daily just to see how things are progressing. A site that I gave 7 yrs of my free time to, sometimes 20+ hours a week while working full time and being a father to twins, was hard to let go. I want it to succeed. In spite of what was done to me behind closed doors, I still wanted the site to succeed. I wanted new forum software, wipe the slate clean with the members, try to rebuild. I wasn't given that chance, Ghost was and now so is Fiji. I want it to work, for PSU's sake and all of the people I used to call friends (who no longer talk to me) so the forum prospers.

    I fear it won't happen tho.

    In short, new forum software and a new homepage are not going to bring in a cure. The problem is in the staff mentality these days and in the members that have stuck around. I won't go into it, suffice to say that I am in the same boat as Justin here. I feel, apart from Chris, that the new staff are just placeholders hoping for a day when their spots mean something again and most of the active members that post are only here to get into personal sludge matches and hate on all things non-PS.


    Fiji - you say you want to get back to PSU's CORE experience, bring back the air of PSU being hospitable to ALL ASPECTS OF GAMING as was written on DAY ONE from the sites' creation. That means equal respect to PS, PC, Nintendo, XBox, WHOMEVER. I joined because it was a one stop place for me to discuss all of my gaming stuff. Hope into the PC/Xbox/Nin areas here, they are trolled to $#@!ing oblivion and the news posted is almost 100% negative for LULZ. Worthless to be there now. Yes, PSU has PS in the name, but you want to entice people to stay, and part of that is embracing varieties of needs. That, or you need to pull a PSLifestyle and just wipe the slate clean of any and all other console discussion and just be a PS site. In the past, right before my ousting, I proposed splitting out the non PS chat to another forum, a sub forum and leaving PSU forums to only PS chat. Don't alienate people like me who don't bow allegiance to plastic, but rather praise and honor all gaming. Just my 2 cents.

    I sincerely hope and pray that the new staff is effective in resurrecting PSU to days of past activity levels. Hard decisions likely have, and will be made.
    LMAO

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.