Apprentice

Headset question

Does anyone here have experience with the Sony Gold Wireless headphones (99 bucks) Im deciding between getting a pair of these or the Turtle Beach Ear Force P12 Headset (69 bucks)

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    Does anyone here have experience with the Sony Gold Wireless headphones (99 bucks) Im deciding between getting a pair of these or the Turtle Beach Ear Force P12 Headset (69 bucks)
    I picked it up a few weeks ago when Amazon had it on sale for $69, looks like it's $80 on Amazon at the moment and there's a $69 Groupon for it as well if you do Groupon.

The Audio is really good, voice chat quality excellent. A lot of good controls. Better than average VSS.

Master Guru
    No, but from what i hear the Sony Gold Wireless headset is amazing. It's what i'm going to get in the near future. I haven't really had a reason to get a good headset yet because i haven't done much multiplayer gaming on the PS4.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Headset question

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    The Audio is really good, voice chat quality excellent. A lot of good controls. Better than average VSS.
    Agree with this. Had them since they were released and IMO think they're brilliant.

I've had the pulse edition, Trittons and turtle beach xp500's and out of them all kept the Gold headset.

The loading of custom sound profiles from the headset companion app is fantastic too so the audio is specific to the game you're playing. Just hope the updates keep rolling in for the later games.

I wear glasses when gaming and the gold headset is the comfiest I've had, they don't press on the legs of the glasses against the sides of your head and there is plenty of Cushion on the top headband strip too.

When the battery is running low you can still use the headset with the supplied 3.5mm lead plugged into the DS4 so you can always have them on.

Lastly, they fold away neatly too and come with a little pouch to carry/store them in. I also use them with the vita so folding up and the pouch is also another positive.

I highly recommend them, especially at the bargain price as well.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Ditto to what everyone else said, I have them and love them! Compared to my old Pulse, the VSS on the Gold is excellent. Plus, I love that if the battery does go dead, you can still use the included cord to hook them right into the controller. Comfy, and like the post above, I wear glasses and find this headset to be great at not hurting after a hours of gameplay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    For those plugging it into the 3.5mm jack of the controller, is the sound still the same or does it change a little?

I've just been plugging my charger into the headset while wearing them if the batter starts to go low (2.1A charger w/ long cord next to my couch.)

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    For those plugging it into the 3.5mm jack of the controller, is the sound still the same or does it change a little?

I've just been plugging my charger into the headset while wearing them if the batter starts to go low (2.1A charger w/ long cord next to my couch.)
    It does change and iirc you adjust the volume through 'adjust devices' from the PS menu where standby/turn off the system is.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79

In addition to the volume control, VSS does not work when powered through the controller. When using the ds4 jack it functions as a standard mic and headset no bells or whistles.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    In addition to the volume control, VSS does not work when powered through the controller. When using the ds4 jack it functions as a standard mic and headset no bells or whistles.

Ok, that's kind of what I was expecting and why I didn't try when I could just plug it into my charger.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Ok, that's kind of what I was expecting and why I didn't try when I could just plug it into my charger.
    It's good if you're playing a game where VSS isn't a big deal or while in a pinch. I'd love to have a cable long enough to charge while I use them but my room setup just won't allow it.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    It's good if you're playing a game where VSS isn't a big deal or while in a pinch. I'd love to have a cable long enough to charge while I use them but my room setup just won't allow it.

I also have some Turtle Beach M5's (pretty cheap but reliable) that I can use in a pinch. Decent quality stereo output which can be had for ~$30. I bought them specifically for the PS4 as I didn't want to spend the $99 on Golds, and was hoping a true DD headset would come out and use the EXT port on the back of the DS4 (was really hoping that was what the EXT was for - yes it has a secondary purpose of charging but it's an 8pin connector it has to have some other purpose.)

I've been using the M5's while in some Google Hangout sessions w/ some Video Podcasters. They've been pretty good for that, I'm going to give my Golds a try on the next one I do. (Not my Google Hangout, it's some Geocaching Video Podcasters shows where I've guested so it depends on my next invite - if I ever get invited back.)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    I've been impressed with the Gold's. I begrudgingly spent the money and loved them, but I like them even more after Best Buy refunded me the difference when they had them on special for $69!

If the M5's are decent, maybe I'll grab a pair if my son's Tritton Kama crap out again.

PSN ID
    ry2d2
    i bought a set of these couple days ago. and I'm really impressed to say the least! great sound quality and nice design. previously i had turtle beach can't mind what version but cost me around 150 and no were near as good as these sony ones!

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    I just got a set of the Skullcandy PLYR 1. If you can afford the extra $$$, do it!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Amazon US has PS Gold for $79.70 right now if anyone is looking.

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Wireless-...aystation+gold
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Amazon US has PS Gold for $79.70 right now if anyone is looking.

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Wireless-...aystation+gold
    that is very tempting! although the money I'd save would probably go on customs charges

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Yeah, that's a great deal for a wireless set that's budget friendly. Sucks that they didn't release them over there.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    that is very tempting! although the money I'd save would probably go on customs charges
    Looks like you'd only have to around 10 import duty

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-im...ils/188684659/

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

19. Likes Sylar likes this post

Thread Information