View Poll Results: What's your preferred audio device?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Standard) PS Vita Speakers

2 22.22%
  • Headphones/Headset

6 66.67%
  • External Speaker(s)

0 0%
  • Other (Explain in a comment)

1 11.11%
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

What's Your Audio Device?

The title may be a bit weird for you guys, but hey, that's why I'm making a topic, so I can explain and $#@!

Okay, so it's actually really simple.
    I often play with my Vita and was looking into buying the 'Gold Wireless Headset'. After a bit of research, I figured out it's only Wireless for the PS3/PS4. I don't get why, as the PSVita shouldn't have any problem in connecting wireless with the headset. I decided though that I'm NOT getting it.
    I've got a pair of headphones I'm using for my phone, so if I really want to use one, I'll use that one.

Eventually this made me think/wonder;
    What's your prefered audio device and why?
    How do you 'listen' to your PS Vita's audio? Do you use headphones/a headset? Or do you connect to an external audio device? Or perhaps the standard Vita Speakers?

Personally, I haven't really got an idea.. I often play with the standard speakers, but it also happens that I connect my Vita with my Logitech Bluetooth Adapter. It's connected to my PC and brings me audio through my Logitech 5.1 system. Mostly I use the regular speakers though.
    Last edited by WaxWeazle; 07-26-2014 at 15:36.

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I tend to just let the sound come out of the speakers, would love to try it out on my pc speakers though and use the sub

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I just use the standard speakers but when I got a playlist going of my songs then I do the headphones as I think it sounds better that way.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Earplugs(buds) man. Cheap, highly portable, buy a couple and you never forget them. I use the build in speakers 90 % of the time anyway.
    Last edited by K2D; 07-27-2014 at 22:44.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Don't have a Vita but always use headphones with anything portable and this will be no different.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I think when I'm next on my Vita I'll hook it up to my pc speakers and see how it sounds through them

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

If I'm at my desk I use the PC speakers or when travelling use the sony gold wireless headset with the supplied 3.5mm lead. They fold up pretty small so fit in any bag easily and come with a carry pouch so they fit the bill pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    If I'm at my desk I use the PC speakers or when travelling use the sony gold wireless headset with the supplied 3.5mm lead. They fold up pretty small so fit in any bag easily and come with a carry pouch so they fit the bill pretty well

I actually had doubts whether or not I'd buy that headset.. Figured out I'm not going to. Apparently the audio isn't bad, but it's not THAT amazing either. And it's not wireless for the Vita (while that shouldn't be hard to fix tbh...). If it was wireless as well for the Vita, I'd instantly get it, not going to lie :<

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Veteran

Don't get me wrong, I mainly use that headset for the the ps4, being able to upload the additional sound profiles to the headset from the companion app is fantastic, especially for killzone and infamous where you can hear all the extra details and direction from enemies/gunfire. Being able to use them with the vita for me was just a bonus. I originally had some cheap sony headphones I used with my iPod that I plugged in now and then to use with the vita but haven't used them since having the gold headset.

I've had the original sony wireless headphones, the pulse headset, Trittons and turtle beach xp500. The gold headset IMO has much more defined audio as well as being the comfiest. Especially with wearing glasses, they don't press on the glasses at all and have plenty of cushion/padding along the top of the main band.

Killzone mercenary was the first vita game I tried with the gold headset and it pretty much made me go through the entire campaign again. There is so much you miss out on through the sound with cheap pair of headphones or using the standard speakers. Very rarely use the vita without them now unless if it's something like FIFA where I'm not that bothered about the commentary.

With you being after wireless for the vita though, I don't know what to recommend really, haven't ever used a wireless headset on the vita.

10. Likes Sylar likes this post
    Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I mainly use that headset for the the ps4, being able to upload the additional sound profiles to the headset from the companion app is fantastic, especially for killzone and infamous where you can hear all the extra details and direction from enemies/gunfire. Being able to use them with the vita for me was just a bonus. I originally had some cheap sony headphones I used with my iPod that I plugged in now and then to use with the vita but haven't used them since having the gold headset.

I've had the original sony wireless headphones, the pulse headset, Trittons and turtle beach xp500. The gold headset IMO has much more defined audio as well as being the comfiest. Especially with wearing glasses, they don't press on the glasses at all and have plenty of cushion/padding along the top of the main band.

Killzone mercenary was the first vita game I tried with the gold headset and it pretty much made me go through the entire campaign again. There is so much you miss out on through the sound with cheap pair of headphones or using the standard speakers. Very rarely use the vita without them now unless if it's something like FIFA where I'm not that bothered about the commentary.

With you being after wireless for the vita though, I don't know what to recommend really, haven't ever used a wireless headset on the vita.

maaannn I want those headphones now!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    maaannn I want those headphones now!
    Had them since they were released and not even thought about getting anything else, fits my needs perfectly and when the battery is running low you can run them straight off the DS4 with the 3.5mm lead that's used for the vita so they can be used all the time.

Game sound and voice chat can also be adjusted accordingly so you get the right balance, by far though one of the best features is downloading new sound profiles specifically designed for the game you're playing. Haven't checked it to see if there has been updates for new games yet, the last time I updated it was for infamous and then went back to the FPS killzone sound profile.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Oops this is VITA, I don't own a vita.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-28-2014 at 00:03. Reason: wrong thread ggrr

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    The title may be a bit weird for you guys, but hey, that's why I'm making a topic, so I can explain and $#@!

Okay, so it's actually really simple.
    I often play with my Vita and was looking into buying the 'Gold Wireless Headset'. After a bit of research, I figured out it's only Wireless for the PS3/PS4. I don't get why, as the PSVita shouldn't have any problem in connecting wireless with the headset. I decided though that I'm NOT getting it.
    I've got a pair of headphones I'm using for my phone, so if I really want to use one, I'll use that one.

Eventually this made me think/wonder;
    What's your prefered audio device and why?
    How do you 'listen' to your PS Vita's audio? Do you use headphones/a headset? Or do you connect to an external audio device? Or perhaps the standard Vita Speakers?

Personally, I haven't really got an idea.. I often play with the standard speakers, but it also happens that I connect my Vita with my Logitech Bluetooth Adapter. It's connected to my PC and brings me audio through my Logitech 5.1 system. Mostly I use the regular speakers though.
    I love using my gold headset on Vita. Wireless doesn't work with Vita because Gold uses a USB plugin to connect the headset to PS3/PS4. has to have that USB dongle for wireless which is obviously not an option on vita. But it comes with a audio wire which doesn't bother me. Just a great headset.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Elder
    As chris says the golds use a dongle.

That dongle is also wifi direct and the vita doesnt support that, only bluetooth.

I have the golds and wish they were bluetooth. I dont know if its cost or speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information