Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    JohnB405
    I love playing the multiplayer, But..... I suck. Can anyone give me some advice on how to be better? I feel like I'll get the drop on someone and even get a headshot and it doesn't down them. I would think this game, of all games, would be a one headshot and down type of game. I still love the game, just would also love some advice. thx guys.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwash View Post
    I love playing the multiplayer, But..... I suck. Can anyone give me some advice on how to be better? I feel like I'll get the drop on someone and even get a headshot and it doesn't down them. I would think this game, of all games, would be a one headshot and down type of game. I still love the game, just would also love some advice. thx guys.
    For the default weapons, I'm pretty sure only the hunting rifle is a 1 hit kill with a headshot, semi auto rifle 2 hits, burst rifle 3 hits & full auto 4? I could be wrong.

Learn the maps as fast as possible, use the listen button when your closing in to the middle of the map and check if any enemies are close by. Depending on which weapon your using you either want to be super close or further back.

I choose the hunting rifle, I'm still good at close range with it as I pull out my pistol after 1 hit, a couple of pistol rounds and the enemy is down. But I also find the semi auto good as well due to 3 hits and the enemy is down, it is a bit low on the ammo side but buying ammo for that is cheaper then the hunting rifle & upgrading it increases the clip size.

Make sure to spot people with R3! Makes it much easier to know when the enemy is bout to pop out of cover

^- That's how you use the hunting rifle, most of it is close quarters

/edit

Forgot something important! Learn where all the med packs are on the map, you always want a lot of meds without crafting them & don't run unless you have to escape or its the very beginning of the round but only to the first tool box.
    Last edited by XSpike; 08-01-2014 at 21:37.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwash View Post
    I know your feeling Brandon!
    I'm pretty bad as well, but I love the Multiplayer! It's awesome, tactic and something totally different than your average shooter!
    Here's a couple of hours stream I did this night when I couldn't sleep

http://www.twitch.tv/waxweazle92/b/553277189

PSN ID
    JohnB405
    Thx for all the feedback guys. I will definitely work on implementing this advice. I think im defitely going to give the hunting rifle a go as well. I think ultimately i just need to keep at it and I will hopefully get better. I am defitely having a blast playing.

Also, great videos guys..thx
    Last edited by brandonwash; 08-02-2014 at 05:22.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    YellowFootPrint / Nodrodee
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I had to go into the PS4 settings. Look for the audio settings and then headset has something like audio for "chat only" and "all audio". Change it to all. That worked for me anyway.
    Thanks, that was not it, I could hear chat and game in headset, I could not talk.
    Also as FYI for other with PS Gold HS, there is custom Last Of Us setting in Headset companion to upload to headset.
    SOCOM Confrontation | BF3 | Last Of Us | RockBand 3

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Need help not suck so much multiplayer. Need 101 thanks. /lol

I really am bottom feeder though. I think I'll get the hang of ingame sense pretty fast, it's just the controls and knowing how engage and so on..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    It's the same with me K2D
    I'm ont really a professional at the game, but I do love it! The controls aren't hard, you get used to those pretty fast, but for me it's just the fact that I'm not that used to this kind of MP I guess.. And I just suck at aiming on consoles

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I enjoyed what I played last night but it was only short as I couldn't give it the time it deserves! Going to have another go later and hopefully be a little better at it lol!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Having fun now. Happy if I maintain a kd ratio of 1, lol

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I must of done about 5 games last night and I was only every good in one of those I annoyed myself on the last game because I separated myself from the others and was able to flank two opponents but I messed up when trying to kill one of them and I got owned.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Yesterday was fun I love TLOU mp and will definitely keep playing it more in the future

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    What are your favorite weapons? So far the bow and launcher are very promising to me
    Last edited by K2D; 08-09-2014 at 15:18.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Had some fun last night on multiplayer, enjoying it very much. it's a different pace to the likes of COD and BF, more relaxed pace and i like that about it, not overly frenetic. I've been playing mostly support class with pistol and semi-auto rifle, fast crafting skills and you can hand a present out after every 3 items crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I must of done about 5 games last night and I was only every good in one of those I annoyed myself on the last game because I separated myself from the others and was able to flank two opponents but I messed up when trying to kill one of them and I got owned.
    yeah, pretty humiliating beatdown's i've found the best option for me seems to be to stick together. that way you can be reviving and bandaging each other pretty quickly. I've managed to get a lot of the multiplayer trophy's already for some reason, just keep popping, mixing up the maps and game modes does it pretty easily.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    What are your favorite weapons? So far the bow and launcher are very promising to me
    Even though I'm not really pro, I love the Stealth class. I haven't used anything else so far and am continuously checking how far I am to unlock the bow to make my own class!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    Had some fun last night on multiplayer, enjoying it very much. it's a different pace to the likes of COD and BF, more relaxed pace and i like that about it, not overly frenetic. I've been playing mostly support class with pistol and semi-auto rifle, fast crafting skills and you can hand a present out after every 3 items crafted.
    Indeed it is! I'm glad it's like that, this is a game where you require to actually think what you're going to do. COD is just running and spamming your pewpew button.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    yeah, pretty humiliating beatdown's i've found the best option for me seems to be to stick together. that way you can be reviving and bandaging each other pretty quickly. I've managed to get a lot of the multiplayer trophy's already for some reason, just keep popping, mixing up the maps and game modes does it pretty easily.
    Definitely needed to stick together. That's why I think this multiplayer has way more potential than actually shown, because most of the time it's not even teamplay... I've had moments where I got killed and my 'teammate' literally stood next to me, not giving a $#@! on revival, and that's what I really hate. Some people think they're too good to play with others... Ruins the game a bit for me, not going to lie. That's why I'm glad there's more people out here who actually play, that way we could arrange some events where we all play together

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Running with a group of friends makes this game more enjoyable, even when you do suck. You have a higher chance of being revived and getting more kills when you have friends you can chat to whilst playing.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    can we get a group of psu members to play so i can stream? get a party of 8 and start a game or do a private match? PSU is slacking hard

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    can we get a group of psu members to play so i can stream? get a party of 8 and start a game or do a private match? PSU is slacking hard
    I'd be into some of that. Give me a time and as long as I can make it i'll be up for it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'm up for that.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    That would be sweet feel free to add me on psn : Spikey456

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Hit me up!
    I'm in

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    You still fancy doing some streaming YoungMullah?

Otherwise, K2D, WaxWeazle, and anybody else interested, how about this weekend? Friday night? I'm on BST time so need to get that right.

What sort of time are people available? I can be about most of the evening and do tend to stay up late-ish so not worried if it's small-hours where I am.

Not sure what difference it makes but i chose Hunter Faction this time around. Can Hunters play on same team as Fireflys?

PSU Factions

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Yeah man id be up for some multiplayer on Friday

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Cool Sylar, we'll hook up. What sort of time is best for you? I'm normally sorted by around 8-9pm, BST of course but we're on same timeline.

I'm wondering, YoungMullah are you in Nigeria? Or is that just your nationality? Wondering about time differences etc.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I'll be available this weekend, except Saturday during the day I think, so I'll be on later that night (around 8pm? (GMT+1))

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    I'll be available this weekend, except Saturday during the day I think, so I'll be on later that night (around 8pm? (GMT+1))
    Cool. Saturday evening then perhaps.

Sylar, how are you for Saturday evening?

Thread Information