Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    $#@!in' hell.... so pedo's aren't allowed to go in parks now?? Jeez!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

2. Likes darky89 likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sorry, is pedophilia really that rampant in the US? I might've not been that independent in the US, but when we moved to Sweden (when I was 7) I was able to move pretty freely. Can't imagine my childhood being that strict, but I guess it's a difference of cultures. This doesn't sound like child neglect, but difference in parenting style.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

I can't remember how old I was when my folks let me start exploring the neighborhood. I guess 7 is 1st maybe 2nd grade? I grew up in the woods, walking miles away from home, so far it took almost all day to get there and back. All the kids in my neighborhood did. I'm not sure if kidnappings are up since I was a kid, but I really doubt they are; same ol' same ol'. Parents of today are pussies, and their children will be super pussies. Is that what I'm trying to say?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Everybody knows children win against criminals.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Sorry, is pedophilia really that rampant in the US? I might've not been that independent in the US, but when we moved to Sweden (when I was 7) I was able to move pretty freely. Can't imagine my childhood being that strict, but I guess it's a difference of cultures. This doesn't sound like child neglect, but difference in parenting style.
    that is exactly what i'm talking about, i felt a lot more free doing whatever i wanted, over here there's a law to restrict just about anything fun. but then it is there because there are people who do stuff to enforce those laws.

i don't know the pedo numbers here, it's possible pedos are identified more than other cultures, but i also think that people who are mentally ill end up doing something like this (but i don't think they're all completely ill but may have endured some traumatic experience). americans having trauma or neglected childhood i would think is more common than other cultures around the world. people without parents or abusive parents can be due to various things.

i've seen abusive parents from where i originate from as well but alcohol/divorce/multiple step kids/neglect/crime etc. can make more cases like these.

from what i've observed, some children here are brought up very well, likely better than most eastern cultures but the variation is quite screwed up. some of the stories i hear are just insane. mostly due to medication-laden people or just involved in crime/drugs/alcohol etc. stuff you have little control over once you're in it. so if you take all that stuff out, i would think the problems here would be about the same but those things add significantly to the issues.

every time there's a mother or father that drowns/kills their children, it's always because there was something wrong with them. it's never that they were completely normal people. i know there are 20m mentally ill in the U.S. and i think the number is rising, not going lower.

there's a lot more to this that goes into the drug industry but i'll just end it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    I can't remember how old I was when my folks let me start exploring the neighborhood. I guess 7 is 1st maybe 2nd grade? I grew up in the woods, walking miles away from home, so far it took almost all day to get there and back. All the kids in my neighborhood did. I'm not sure if kidnappings are up since I was a kid, but I really doubt they are; same ol' same ol'. Parents of today are pussies, and their children will be super pussies. Is that what I'm trying to say?
    i don't think they're pussies, it's just more scary now. less people socialize or step outside their homes, it's more dangerous being by yourself regardless of which country you live in.

Friendship is Carrots
    Actually... I think people need to consider the context here. My neighborhood is structured as a large, thin oval and it's about a mile all the way around. I remember being a little kid and going around this place on my bike and scooter all the time. Half a mile really isn't that far. Assuming the woman lives in a relatively safe place and there's people around I don't think it's that big of a deal.

No, neither is general crime. People have been made paranoid by the media, thinking there's stranger danger on every street corner, a rapist in every closet, and a killer down every alley.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    see i'm always struggling with that. before i used to be more afraid for myself but now not so much, now i'm afraid for my child. while i understand that things aren't as bad as the media portrays, what about the statistics?

isn't the US #1 in crime? http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...e/Total-crimes

even if it's not bad compared to the population proportions of other countries, it still makes me feel cautious. a normal crime can turn deadly on a whim. when we moved to one location in dallas, the person told us there was a stick up just around the corner at our local 7up. that sort of stuff scares me.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Not even close. These are crimes in total. You should look at violent crimes specifically. Keep in mind cirme has been falling in the USA for the last three decades, so it'll be lower than these show anyway.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    oh yeah i know, but that statistic should be important too. we need a better context, what sort of crimes are they recording, what sort of crimes are the highest. that sort of thing. even vandalism can be scary depending on how severe.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Sorry, is pedophilia really that rampant in the US?
    Pick an area and check it out, some spots are pretty safe, but there some areas it seems like there are creeps right around every corner!

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    see i'm always struggling with that. before i used to be more afraid for myself but now not so much, now i'm afraid for my child. while i understand that things aren't as bad as the media portrays, what about the statistics?

isn't the US #1 in crime? http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...e/Total-crimes

even if it's not bad compared to the population proportions of other countries, it still makes me feel cautious. a normal crime can turn deadly on a whim. when we moved to one location in dallas, the person told us there was a stick up just around the corner at our local 7up. that sort of stuff scares me.
    You should be afraid for yourself, I'll diddle you when you're all alone.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    You should be afraid for yourself, I'll diddle you when you're all alone.

Veteran
    Geez. My parents wouldve been arrest every single day of my childhood if they acted like this back then. I rode my bike to school miles away when I was at that age and went out all the time. We didn't have cellphones and gps to keep tabs on us either.

Maaaybe id toss 25˘ in the payphone and call home to say I was going somewhere after school. Maybe.... Only rule was I was to call if I wasnt going to be home before 5.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-31-2014 at 21:59.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer
    lol don't know what diddle means, i'm thinking something similar to tickle? I LOVE TICKLES! why can't we have more of tickly pedos you know. you actually hire them to come to your toddler's bday party

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    lol don't know what diddle means, i'm thinking something similar to tickle? I LOVE TICKLES! why can't we have more of tickly pedos you know. you actually hire them to come to your toddler's bday party
    They do already

they are called clowns

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Veteran
    XD... I f-ing HATE clowns. The creap me the F out.....
    :shiver:

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer
    $#@! dude!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Nightmare fuel right there. Love it! :sick:

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Sage
    I used to ride around all the time when I was younger, often with my brothers or friends but sometimes by myself.
    How times have changed. Wonder what age we can let them go out by themselves now?

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Paedophiles are just wrong and they should all be locked up full stop. The fact of them not abusing someone doesnt stop them pandering to the idea of it which is just as bad imo!
    Not gonna dispute the bold. However, I believe in due process of the law and pedophiles, like anyone else, deserve that due process. Just thought I'd clarify my stance is all.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    If you can't send your kids out to play half a mile away anymore then there's sonething wrong in our society - maybe we should take care of that instead of hassling the parents...

Of course it's wise stay cautious but that's just not the world I want to live or raise my kids in.

Like so many others on here I grew up in a time without cellphones - my parents knew I was outside but never exactly where and it wasn't necessary either.
    One day I got a PC - they always knew where to find me from there on
    (And started $#@!ing about how I should go outside more)

Forum Overseer
    so i'm not crazy, it isn't as scary in europe as it is in US. i also doubt it's as bad in canada.

i believe it has to do with isolation from society, children raised without parents or bad parenting (abuse), and drugs/prescription drugs.

i have always thought that the way we build cities here are just destruction by itself. everything is standardized, you can't walk to your local stores in general, you can't walk anywhere, everything needs some sort of transportation, it just destroys the whole concept of living in a society. too much focus on individualism and seen as freedom while collectivism is dead.

now i'm all for individualism because i prefer my privacy but we need to find out why people don't want to communicate with one another. we have a good neighbour and we sometimes talk but i don't feel a sense of community that i did growing up. it's nonexistent. and i don't know how to fix it from my end.
    Last edited by Omar; 08-01-2014 at 14:20.

El Presidente
    so i'm not crazy, it isn't as scary in europe as it is in US. i also doubt it's as bad in canada.

i believe it has to do with isolation from society, children raised without parents or bad parenting (abuse), and drugs/prescription drugs.

i have always thought that the way we build cities here are just destruction by itself. everything is standardized, you can't walk to your local stores in general, you can't walk anywhere, everything needs some sort of transportation, it just destroys the whole concept of living in a society. too much focus on individualism and seen as freedom while collectivism is dead.

now i'm all for individualism because i prefer my privacy but we need to find out why people don't want to communicate with one another. we have a good neighbour and we sometimes talk but i don't feel a sense of community that i did growing up. it's nonexistent. and i don't know how to fix it from my end.
    People seem to be less social in general. I have neighbors that I see but not on a regular basis. Sometimes I wish I lived in a small town more out in the country where you can walk everywhere and you know everybody. If something is wrong everyone on the street knows it and wants to help. The neighbors are friendly I just don't see them much.

Things are just different now. You could at one time get away with letting your kids run free but this world is becoming a scary place to live even in 'nice' places. I don't know if there are more weirdos out there now than ever before or not. I think it's about the same amount you just hear about it more because of the news.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

I'm just going to randomly show up at your house one day!

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I'm just going to randomly show up at your house one day!
    just bring a pillow because there will be war.

Thread Information