Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I wanted to give it a test run and see how much lag it has, but I'm not paying for a test run. I hope they do something like a week of open access or a certain amount of credit towards it to encourage people to try it. At this point I'm not even going to try it.

I did the trials of OnLive back in the day, and I always had lag issues. Which is a killer for action based games.

That said, this was never a selling point of the PS4 for me personally.

2. Likes DarkNemesis likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    That's a Sony business problem to resolve, not a case for people to pay more than the service is worth. They have to work out how to implement the service in a cost effective way that both allows them to make a profit and the consumer to get a deal. You cannot separate one from the other. If the price point is too high then the service will fail - irrespective of how good reason the price is at that point.
    This is why its an open beta and not an open demo. Sony are looking for feedback.

I don't know why people associate beta's with 'free'.. Warframe is still in Beta, yet people pay money to Digital Extremes :/

As far as any kind of cost benefit analysis, the economists over at Sony want useful data. If this medium takes off, it won't just be for gaming. It changes how content is delivered to the customer completely. This goes double for production costs of games, a return of investment is expected there too. This (down the road) has to prove viable for the ever increasing cost of developing a game.

IMO, people are making it a big deal because Sony are putting up a barrier. The irony is, you can go down to the shop and remove the barrier completely.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    DOA5?? >_>

You think your Internet costs are high? Imagine what Sony's is streaming HD video to millions of people + downloading millions of controller inputs from respective sources....then there's the electricity bill to run all the hardware.....
    Beta or not, it costs money to run the service

Also, this isn't a full rollout, you shouldn't expect top line stuff, a beta by nature means they are still working on the product.
    None of that is my problem and they should not test a product that they cannot offer for free.Warframe as you named is completely free to play it as I have played it for free and did not like it.This service was already beta tested with better games than what is available.Why should we the consumer have to pay for them to test their service? They could just do it internally or kept it private if that is the case.What you are basically saying is that we should pay for something to be developed that we may not even want.

5. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    None of that is my problem and they should not test a product that they cannot offer for free.Warframe as you named is completely free to play it as I have played it for free and did not like it.This service was already beta tested with better games than what is available.Why should we the consumer have to pay for them to test their service? They could just do it internally or kept it private if that is the case.What you are basically saying is that we should pay for something to be developed that we may not even want.
    Then the answer is simple, no? Don't participate in the thing you might not even want.

This service had a closed Beta, there are things you cannot test with a small sample size of people.

If the price is too high, move on. This doesn't stop you from buying a physical copy of the game. Nor does this enhance your enjoyment of any physical copy of the game.

The notion that this service should be given free is in itself troubling for Sony. I'd like to re-iterate, since when was BETA considered the free demo of something? The price is shown clearly and you, as a self deciding human being, must decide if it's something you want.

Case in point, people pay to participate in Alpha Builds of games.

EDIT:
    I don't want to sound overly harsh, but the ire people are displaying for this service is totally unjustified when there is nothing stopping them from purchasing a physical copy.

I'm stoked for PSNow, I really am, but im not going to kid myself and say it won't be a hard sell. Cloud based gaming simply isn't at a cost effective point yet for anyone. Not the supplier, and not the consumer if this backlash is anything to go by.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 08-02-2014 at 03:27.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

7. Likes x_terna likes this post

Thread Information