Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    The way ive seen it explained, you get 10% off EA purchases while you are a subscriber, but if you bought that content at a discount, you still own it, even if you cancel.
    could've sworn someone posted something that said that DLC is tied to sub. but if it isn't then that's great, with 10% off even greater and i might even look into it. but as of right now, i think they're saying it's tied:

Please note, unless required by law, all EA Content (such as in-game entitlements, add-on content, and downloadable content) purchased in connection with the EA Access Services (including, without limitation, purchases made during Vault Titles) are non-refundable and non-transferable. If your subscription to EA Access is cancelled or otherwise terminated, you will not have further access EA Content until and unless you purchase the EA Content or Vault Title separately.

note: EA Content includes add-on/downloadable content (which is DLC).

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    could've sworn someone posted something that said that DLC is tied to sub. but if it isn't then that's great, with 10% off even greater and i might even look into it. but as of right now, i think they're saying it's tied:

Please note, unless required by law, all EA Content (such as in-game entitlements, add-on content, and downloadable content) purchased in connection with the EA Access Services (including, without limitation, purchases made during Vault Titles) are non-refundable and non-transferable. If your subscription to EA Access is cancelled or otherwise terminated, you will not have further access EA Content until and unless you purchase the EA Content or Vault Title separately.

note: EA Content includes add-on/downloadable content (which is DLC).
    Well, i noticed on this site some info about it http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-.../1100-6421373/
    Digital content (such as DLC and maps) will be sold separately, but at a 10% discount. An EA represnentative clarified, "Once you purchase any DLC, it is yours to own, even if your membership lapses. All of your progression is retained."

It would be pretty clunky of EA to make you buy 2 sets of DLC if you canceled your subscription.
    But this is EA, they do dumb stuff sometimes.

I think EA needs to clarify this further, and go into to detail about what happens if you cancel.

Forum Overseer
    they wouldn't ever charge twice for the DLC as the subscription running out just means that the games will only be playable once the subscription comes back...but if they let you keep the DLC then that's great. i still think it's more of a demo than anything as EA games are becoming that. but this is still a great deal imo if they have bigger titles like BF4.

Forum Sage
    It's a similar setup to that of PS Plus / Games with Gold.

I just don't want publishers to do it on top of Sony / MS doing it; because that means if you are a Plus or Live subscriber you have less options (specially when or if other publishers jump in.)

EA may or may not provide their games to Plus / Live if it is part of the vault.

Now, EA's option of keeping what is in the vault always accessible to subscribers for the duration of their subscription is different than that of Plus / XBL.

Forum Overseer
    i see your point sain but i don't see a big problem with it especially with big publishers like EA. it's definitely going to hurt Sony and it's in competition with the service but we barely get any EA games on PS+ to begin with (other than NBA recently) primarily because EA games are online-driven and they have a bunch of yearly released games that lose value after a little while.

so it makes sense to do this instead. especially if you can play these games as long as you want without additional money. it's sort of like a mixture of PS+ and PS Now but only EA games.

Thread Information