Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

First Screenshot of WWE 2K15 on PS4!

No report to go with it, screen says it all:

All I can say is wow, I am not a massive WWE fan but I used to love watching it and really enjoy playing the games so if the screens look like this and the gameplay video's look just as good if not better I shall definitely pick up a copy!

2 new ones added:

Last edited by Duffman; 08-09-2014 at 09:54.
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I cant find real gameplay just fake ones but that shot is legit. I have big hopes for game but wonder how they will do create an entrance music as PS4 will not let you store mp3 on it yet. Maybe do it like sharefactory does.

oh and

MyCareer has been moved over from NBA 2K14 and adapted to the WWE style. It will only be available on Xbox One and Playstation 4.
    So looks like a career mode is back kind of.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    The last WWE game I played and enjoyed was Here Comes the Pain. How are you guys fond of this in the 2K era? I'm poised to buy another game even though the last one I bought didn't enjoy it; 2008 was the last one I got and only played it for an hour or two.

No gamplay footage as of now. Every thing seems will be exclusive by ign.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I have not brought a WWE game for quite a few years now, always looked into them but never been impressed because the graphics have always been the same (yes I know it's because they have not really been able to develop them futher) but that screen looks really impressive so if the gameplay looks as good or better than the work in progress screen above then it has my attention!

Dedicated Member
    DUDE, CHECK THE IMAGE PROPERTIES. iT'S A 1440P IMAGE!!!
    http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...rst_Screen.jpg

click it to enlarge to full size first if it's not full size, browsers shrink to fit these days.
    Last edited by John Willaford; 08-05-2014 at 18:54.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Dedicated Member
    vince mcmahon has destroyed the sport. i can't take a wwe game, like the sport, seriously these days.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thats the thing, WWE is and never was a sport. It is entertainment.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-05-2014 at 21:14.

8. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Thats the thing, WWE is and never was a sport. It is entertainment.
    And even the term entertainment should be used very loosely.

The games are always good fun though. The last one on the 360 was really fun. Can't remember what it was called though

Dedicated Member
    It was called WWF before the name got changed to WWE. It was advertised as professional wrestling in the 80s and 90s. Now whether you ever considered it to be a real sport or not is a different question. Of late though, WWE has become a joke, even for entertainment i'd say. Few days ago, i slipped upon a show of RAW after many years, and i couldn't help but shake my head watching it. I don't think i'll be able to get into a WWE game now either, though in the past there have been some good ones which i've played and enjoyed. The all time favorite would be wrestlemania:the arcade game on sega genesis/megadrive.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    vince mcmahon has destroyed the sport. i can't take a wwe game, like the sport, seriously these days.
    I actually take the game way more seriously than the tv shows, lol.

The games are fairly engaging.
    I was Al Capone
    away once more
    Crazy

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    It was called WWF before the name got changed to WWE. It was advertised as professional wrestling in the 80s and 90s. Now whether you ever considered it to be a real sport or not is a different question. Of late though, WWE has become a joke, even for entertainment i'd say. Few days ago, i slipped upon a show of RAW after many years, and i couldn't help but shake my head watching it. I don't think i'll be able to get into a WWE game now either, though in the past there have been some good ones which i've played and enjoyed. The all time favorite would be wrestlemania:the arcade game on sega genesis/megadrive.
    I first heard of the world wide fund for nature (WWF) and was confused when my friends who had Sky TV told me they watched WWF wresting.
    Then I saw it it and laughed my but off because I immediately said "thats not wrestling"

Last edited by keefy; 08-05-2014 at 23:42.

Master Sage
    Some Q&A.

Jared 2K, Community Manager for WWE Games, responded to a few questions from the fans on the official 2K forums. Here are his answers:

About John Cena Screenshot:

Yes, that is an actual, in-game screenshot using developer screenshot tools (just like all the 2K14 screenshots you see us post on Twitter/FB). It was taken during gameplay, so it's not during an entrance or cut-scene or anything like that. The lighting, the depth-of-field, the light reflecting off the ropes.. it's 100% legit in-game.

The really cool thing? It gets better. While this screenshot is impressive, it also doesn't get into the insane details of the character models. The advantage of both facial and body scans really comes through when you start noticing details about these people that you ordinarily take for granted, from bone structure to pigment variation to moles.. It's super nuts and it'll be a lot of fun to dissect each coming screenshot for these types of details.

To that end, one detail that stands out to me here is John's veins. They're always very clear during a match, especially that squiggly one that goes down his right arm. You can see those here and rendered accurately, where in the past its always just been little highlights here and there. It's crazy.

Q: Awesome points here Jared. I'm actually curious as to how the crowd looks?

Much better, actually! If you've seen the crowds in NBA 2K14 then you'll have some idea of what to expect. The movement is more organic with everyone moving at different timings. If models are repeated they're at least wearing something totally different. Variations in genders and sizes. MORE SIGNS! It's not mega mindblowing, but man is it ever a step up.

Q: Can you tell us if there are plans of releasing a last gen (X360/PS3) screenshot or anything like that?

Of course, but I believe that may not come until after IGN First. For those sticking with Xbox 360 and PS3, we'll definitely have some unique reasons for you to pick up this year's game.

Q: I'm just wondering by seeing this awesome screenshot, does this mean that the superstars entrances are more realistic by any chance and is there anything improved to them?

Entrances are definitely improved and are more accurate. Some of this comes from the superior visuals and lighting, and others simply from improved camera work. There are some new details under the hood in regards to how the camera can be manipulated by the developers. For example, during John Cena's entrance, when it sweeps over the crowd during the opening chords of his theme, it feels a bit more authentic. You get a sense that it's actually being operated by a crane and not just "its a video game so it moves how it wants." It's subtle but it helps it feel more true to life.

And since we've more or less revealed Randy Orton with his butt, here's another example. You know how during his entrance, there's that huge strobe light that turns on and fills the arena with each guitar riff? That looks utterly spectacular in WWE 2K15. With the new lighting engine Randy gains a natural back-light. It reflects off the ramp and the barricades, his shoulders and highlights his silhouette. It looks and feels just like it does in real life in a way that's very natural and, well.. not video-gamey. Needless to say, it is very, very cool.

Q: Did the guys at 2K scan the superstars for their entrances or is it similar to how entrances were made in the past?

I would say similar to in the past. We're lucky to have some of the Superstars MoCap their entrances (I was there for Cesaro, actually!), but others are performed by actors. The 2K motion capture facility itself is fantastic. As the actors are performing they get visual and audio queues. They have instant access to both video of the actual Superstars as well as their own performance. Everyone on the roster got new entrances so you'll see improvements there for sure.

Q: Could you possibly tell us anything about the Divas in the game?? Any hint or something about their look in the current-gen or if finally Diva fans are gonna be happy with the ammount of them in the game??

They look a lot better (obviously), but especially so on Xbox 360 and PS3. They definitely got the attention they deserve and you'll see some very dramatic differences between 2K14 and 2K15 with the Divas. You'll be hearing about the Divas come Summerslam along with the rest of the roster.

Q: It seems odd to me that there are only 2 rivalries unless they incorporate a lot of different superstars or something. That doesn't seem like much so maybe feuds that include a lot of people like Sting and nWo make more sense.

There's a lot of content within the two rivalries that'll be available in WWE 2K15. Not only do they contain a lot of matches, but additional, high-quality video content as well. There's a few other little tricks that you'll learn about soon. The best way to think about it is the 2K Showcase is similar to the single-player content you've seen in previous years, only much higher quality.
    http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/new...crowd-and-more
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 08-06-2014 at 00:44.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    more divas huh, ok I will quote you on it with release lol, when I get this I will be streaming it so if you wanna wait and see. I always CAW first, and entrance, and right into universe mode, but I dumb down wrestlers cause I suck lol
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 08-06-2014 at 01:21.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    These new Wrestlers are trash.Never liked Cena.If it ain't the Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart or Taker than it ain't right.The franchise has been bad since they created Smackdown anyway. I always preferred the engine from WCW vs The World which was used for World Tour, Revenge, Wrestlemania and No mercy.

Ultimate Veteran
    Screen looks ok I wanna see an in game trailer

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Hopefully IGN will have some actual gameplay this week, if not I understand that it will possibly be playable on the PS4 at Gamescom (think I heard that somewhere) but I'm not 100% sure, screen does look mighty impressive though, let's just hope the real thing is just as good if not better!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    The models (If that's how they look in person) are A1 grade. But I've always been a simple man and game play is where you'll find me on the live an die sword. I've give 2K 2 years. This is their first real stamp on the game, so I have no choice but to give them a chance. If its trashcan after the 2K16 game, I'll wash my hands of the WWE franchise and pray that Yukes make Wrestle Kingdom Next-Gen!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    They need Bra's and Panties match again

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

20. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Just wish they could take the mechanics of 2006 with the reversals of and online of 2007 then marry it with the creation suite from 2011-present. THEN! You would have the perfect game. And if 2K wanted to charge me $150 to play it, you got a deal pimp!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Guru
    Looks nice, haven't really played show wrestling games since the legendary c64 and NES games.
    And no, I cannot in straight face call that wrestling, watched too many wrestling matches when I was young. (you know the ones with Aleksandr Karelin winning. )
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Dedicated Member
    More Screenshots.
    Click View Image Page button under the pic you click for the full size version.

All 3 images are 1440p images!!! What gives?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/wwe-2k15/Gallery
    I was Al Capone
    away once more
    Crazy

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    OP updated with the new pictures

PSN ID
    CThrash13
    This game was already at the top of my wishlist for PS4, and these screens have done nothing to change that! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this beauty in action to see if the gameplay can keep up with the graphics. My son and I have had a lot of fun with the last two WWE games, so I hope they don't overhaul it this year. They've had a lot of great things to work with, and with a few tweaks, it will be really solid.

I'm also excited for the roster reveal a week from today!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Well, all you CM Punk smarks will be $#@!ing in your pants, because CM Punk is confirmed for the game (I'm pretty happy about it actually):

He's said to be a rival of John Cena in the Showcase Mode. I'd imagine Cena will have more rivalries too, such as The Rock.

Additionally, Triple H and Shawn Michaels are also said to have their rivalry.

Elite Member
    im actually concerned for the single player showcase mode tbh yes its an awkward one to get you head around if fans know what going on in the past an its gonna be strange seeing missing storyline that happened but wont see it WWE2K15.

Thread Information