Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Julz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,396 (0 Banked)

    ANGRYJOE Reviews The Last Of Us REMASTERED


  2. Likes shepard likes this post
  3. #2
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    10,813 (0 Banked)
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    He's such a corny dork....and I think it's silly fun nonetheless.

    lol.

    This review makes me want to play it again. I said I didn't really want to b/c for me the story was everything....but just watching some of the gameplay....it was pretty good.

    Dammit.....now I gotta spend more money.
    Last edited by Locomotive; 08-05-2014 at 21:37.

  4. #3
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,530 (0 Banked)
    Was coming here to post this. I love his reviews and I love this game. I've been wanting him to review it since it launched on the ps3. I'm happy he has finally got to play/experience it.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  5. Likes Julz likes this post
  6. #4
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Omg you mean he still does reviews? More so he gave a PS4 game a high rating, wait he even played a PS4 game? I am shocked all around.

    His reviews are good but the reason I am so shocked the score is because he is def an xbox bias boy, maybe thats from polaris breathing down the necks of their youtubers lately.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  7. #5
    Apprentice
    Julz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,396 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Omg you mean he still does reviews? More so he gave a PS4 game a high rating, wait he even played a PS4 game? I am shocked all around.

    His reviews are good but the reason I am so shocked the score is because he is def an xbox bias boy, maybe thats from polaris breathing down the necks of their youtubers lately.
    Huh? he actually tears xbox fanboys apart in this video... calls their hatred of the game both illogical and salty.

  8. #6
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,530 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Omg you mean he still does reviews? More so he gave a PS4 game a high rating, wait he even played a PS4 game? I am shocked all around.

    His reviews are good but the reason I am so shocked the score is because he is def an xbox bias boy, maybe thats from polaris breathing down the necks of their youtubers lately.
    He's not bias. If he likes a game, he says it. If he hates a game, he says it. Not everyone likes everything and there has only been a small number of ps4 exclusives to be reviewed. Lets be honest here, knack, killzone and infamous weren't stellar by any means. I wouldn't rate them high and I'm in the playstation camp.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  9. #7
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Huh? he actually tears xbox fanboys apart in this video... calls their hatred of the game both illogical and salty.
    Looks at his channel and the games he has reviewed, they have all been for xbone/pc recently, even MGS which we all know was inferior. Now look at Destiny beta, he said many times that he was getting it for PS4 but nope played beta on Xbone even though it was open to both systems so you cant tell me he only had a code for it. Now lets look at his infamous review...oh wait he didnt do it even though he twitter several times he was "wrapping it up." I could list more but you see my point, one video does not hide the fact he either

    1. Prefers xbone/pc (because if he can get it on pc he does) to ps4 but this is a highly critical game so it is sure to get massive hits and make that cash and/or
    2/ Polaris, which owns him, projared and jontron but angryjoe the leader with the most subs so polaris views him as posterchild, is getting bonus money and forcing Joe to get xbone/pc and ignore the ps4 as much as he can.

    His reviews have been consistent with pointing out flaws so I am going with the polaris thing and the fact this was a highly critical game and youtube is his job so doing it would sure to bring in cash. They sighn the checks.

    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    He's not bias. If he likes a game, he says it. If he hates a game, he says it. Not everyone likes everything and there has only been a small number of ps4 exclusives to be reviewed. Lets be honest here, knack, killzone and infamous weren't stellar by any means. I wouldn't rate them high and I'm in the playstation camp.
    I wouldn't rate Rambo, Spiderman high either but he did reviews for them. Do not lie and say "I am wrapping it up" then do nothing. His reviews are great, but he is what he is and that is someone who prefers xbone/pc before ps4. Saying other wise is just ignoring the facts and going with "well he said he isnt so must be true."
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 08-05-2014 at 22:02.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  10. #8
    Apprentice
    Julz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,396 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Looks at his channel and the games he has reviewed, they have all been for xbone/pc recently, even MGS which we all know was inferior. Now look at Destiny beta, he said many times that he was getting it for PS4 but nope played beta on Xbone even though it was open to both systems so you cant tell me he only had a code for it. Now lets look at his infamous review...oh wait he didnt do it even though he twitter several times he was "wrapping it up." I could list more but you see my point, one video does not hide the fact he either

    1. Prefers xbone/pc (because if he can get it on pc he does) to ps4 but this is a highly critical game so it is sure to get massive hits and make that cash and/or
    2/ Polaris, which owns him, projared and jontron but angryjoe the leader with the most subs so polaris views him as posterchild, is getting bonus money and forcing Joe to get xbone/pc and ignore the ps4 as much as he can.

    His reviews have been consistent with pointing out flaws so I am going with the polaris thing and the fact this was a highly critical game and youtube is his job so doing it would sure to bring in cash. They sighn the checks.
    Ahh right so the shady Polaris network are pushing him to concentrate on xbox type stuff, on his content/review, probably due to a repetition of the underhanded #XB1M13 campaign. I guess MS need all the help they can, can't say I'm suprised, "underhanded methods" are their usual modus operandi.

    And Yeah, i agree that the infamous non review was a little bit odd. But maybe we should give him a chance, the mainstream shift to PS4 domination is coming.
    Last edited by Julz; 08-05-2014 at 22:07.

  11. #9
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,530 (0 Banked)
    Look man, don't get mad lol.

    He only played 360 last gen, till his PC was at a level he could transition his gaming to PC. Last gen was 3/4s over by the time he really made his mark on youtube and started travelling to gaming events, really leaving no reason to purchase the ps3 as new consoles were on the horizon.

    He's got a ps4 now and launch titles weren't anything to really brag about....needless to say he didn't brag about them lol. Even Infamous was little more than a visual spectacle. That game has F all for story to it. TLOU:R is the first real taste of what greatness is on the playstation brand.

    If all his gaming buddies still prefer multiplayer on xbox platform, then yea, he'll probably play Destiny over there. Who cares. That doesn't lead him into a negative bias like you are trying to pin on him. Would be different if he was lowballing all critically acclaimed playstation titles and only giving perfect scores to xbox titles...then I could see your point.

    Right now you are just grasping at straws.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  12. #10
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Ahh right so the shady Polaris network are pushing him to concentrate on xbox type stuff, on his content/review, probably due to a repetition of the underhanded #XB1M13 campaign. I guess MS need all the help they can, can't say I'm suprised, "underhanded methods" are their usual modus operandi.

    And Yeah, i agree that the infamous non review was a little bit odd. But maybe we should give him a chance, the mainstream shift to PS4 domination is coming.
    I have given him chances and he just blew them. That Destiny shift was he last straw for me. Think of it as I like his reviews but think he himself is a dbag, kind of like how you can like someones music but hate them. Hope that clears things up. frankly if he came out and said "yes I prefer x system" I wouldn't mind because that's being honest instead of us having to put pieces together forming our own opinions, but again contracts are a $#@! and from what I have read about youtubers contracts from big companies they are tight.

    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post

    Right now you are just grasping at straws.
    I have provided you with real evidence as to why I think that about him, so tell me why do you think opposite and where is your evidence other than "he said so." I am not grasping at anything. Now if I where to say he secretly hates xbone/pc and that's why he buys games for those and gives them low reviews, then yes that is what "grasping at straws" would be.

    Oh and not mad, this is just a disccusion between people. if I was mad I wouldnt bother to post anything.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 08-05-2014 at 22:22.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  13. #11
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    10,813 (0 Banked)
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I would consider Infamous a stellar game.

    I loved it.

    Killzone is at least an 8.

  14. Likes Admartian , thanatos144 likes this post
  15. #12
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,818 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Who are these sad individuals in the comments, downplaying the game's worth? sigh...

    @yuuichi: His bashing of xbox one last year hurt ms bad though. Me thinks.
    Last edited by K2D; 08-05-2014 at 22:33.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  16. Likes Julz likes this post
  17. #13
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,530 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I have provided you with real evidence as to why I think that about him, so tell me why do you think opposite and where is your evidence other than "he said so." I am not grasping at anything. Now if I where to say he secretly hates xbone/pc and that's why he buys games for those and gives them low reviews, then yes that is what "grasping at straws" would be.
    Hardly any evidence dude. Since Youtube went into their shift and started flagging any/all content, his overall number of game review video count dropped. Check his channel and see he's posted 1 review a month for the past like 1/2 a year, with how many games have come out since the launch of both consoles (which he has both of), don't feel like the lack of Infamous review was such a dagger to Sony's ribs.

    Changed his mind about where he's playing Destiny? Ok, whatever.

    Then you go into this conspiracy about Polaris and money changing hands for some corporate agenda (tho in fewer words), with no proof other than your assumption. Yup, hard evidence here folks.

    If the guy chooses to ONLY play playstation exclusives on his playstation, I don't care what the reason. Maybe he prefers the xbox controller. Or has more xbox friends. Or likes their service better. WHO CARES what the reason is. His "BIAS" is only in question if he blatantly thrashes the Sony brand in all his ps4 content videos in full favor of the competitor. And even then it could be up for discussion as he's thrashed on 360 games during reviews.

    Anyway. Like him, dislike him. Up to you man lol. I don't always agree with what the says in his reviews, but he has a quality of work and opinion that I believe is honest.


    edit:
    anyway, I'd rather not continue the convo....I feel we're nearing the derailment of the OP's thread. Feel free to rebuttal me however.
    Last edited by shepard; 08-05-2014 at 22:44.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  18. #14
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    edit:
    anyway, I'd rather not continue the convo....I feel we're nearing the derailment of the OP's thread. Feel free to rebuttal me however.
    Nah we both have our opinions and rebuttal will not change anything, for a laugh though





    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Who are these sad individuals in the comments, downplaying the game's worth? sigh...
    I knew the comment would be juicy on this one regardless of what he says and points out.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  19. Likes shepard likes this post
  20. #15
    Apprentice
    Julz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,396 (0 Banked)
    I'm just glad, TLOU is still stacking them 10/10s.

    Besides If he was so biased, he could have jumped on the usual xbox fanboys' narrative where "hmmm its a movie game, but gameplay suxx" blah blah bullcrap comments, Instead, Joe unequivocally calls them out and states that the story, cinematics, acting, animation etc are the best ever in a game and infact better than, or at the level of many top draw Hollywood movies. But even the gameplay is also at the same level of brilliance.

    It would have been easy for him to hate on the game, giving tlou:r a bad score or perhaps a polygonesque middling 7/10 would have gotten him more hits. And entrenched his support among xboxites

    (Though i remember, he did dislike killzone, but i think mainly because it was super difficult, i saw him livestream it and die every 10 seconds, he couldn't even finish the single player because it was so hard for him, and the MP was a bloodbath).

  21. #16
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,668
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    7,798 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Working through remastered version now. I say working...strolling and taking photo's. Gorgeous in places.

  22. #17
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    His reviews are good but the reason I am so shocked the score is because he is def an xbox bias boy, maybe thats from polaris breathing down the necks of their youtubers lately.
    Playing more in the Xbox court doesn't make you biased. Angry Joe is one of the most unbiased reviewers out there. He tore Microsoft apart when the XB1 and it's bull$#@! policies were announced last year.

  23. Likes Admartian , rene2kx likes this post
  24. #18
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Varsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    W-s-M
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,770
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    24,038 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Not only that, there have been many many YouTubers lately that have been saying that despite who their sponsors are, they are not giving into them. The latest Wan Show on LinusTechTips has Linus saying "despite having this video sponsored by such and such" he totally rips into their product. TotalBiscuit has had a recent video about all of the sponsoring of YouTubers and even he still rips into his sponsor if it's deserved. TekSyndicate are the same and even AngryJoe does the same. Just because they're sponsored by a company does not mean that they are biased.

    AngryJoe and TotalBiscuit have been helping each other out for a long time now and they often play multiplayer games with each other. TotalBiscuit had a video of those two and two other YouTubers that do reviews and talk about sponsors and potential influence - they all unequivocally said "we will not ever be influenced by sponsors". So please Yuuichi, don't keep putting this on his shoulders.

    Many people do get influenced true, but YouTubers can't as it's their livelihood at stake, they can't afford to be biased.

  25. #19
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,818 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I knew the comment would be juicy on this one regardless of what he says and points out.
    Hah! It's not the 7/10's and "over hyped" comments that puzzles me.. It's the ones that defame the public reception and even claim reviews have been bought. It's hilarious really.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  26. #20
    Apprentice
    Julz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,396 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Not only that, there have been many many YouTubers lately that have been saying that despite who their sponsors are, they are not giving into them. The latest Wan Show on LinusTechTips has Linus saying "despite having this video sponsored by such and such" he totally rips into their product. TotalBiscuit has had a recent video about all of the sponsoring of YouTubers and even he still rips into his sponsor if it's deserved. TekSyndicate are the same and even AngryJoe does the same. Just because they're sponsored by a company does not mean that they are biased.

    AngryJoe and TotalBiscuit have been helping each other out for a long time now and they often play multiplayer games with each other. TotalBiscuit had a video of those two and two other YouTubers that do reviews and talk about sponsors and potential influence - they all unequivocally said "we will not ever be influenced by sponsors". So please Yuuichi, don't keep putting this on his shoulders.

    Many people do get influenced true, but YouTubers can't as it's their livelihood at stake, they can't afford to be biased.
    Oh yes they can:

    Xbox One and Machinima: Be nice or neutral, and don't tell anyone we're paying you: Microsoft to offer 3$ per 1000 views if you promote XBO

    http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753566

    http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754946


    ironically with regards to yuuichi, Angryjoe was part of they guys exposing this:



    EA did the same for BF4 paying off levelcap, jackfrags and co to hype the game:

    http://bf4central.com/2014/01/ea-pai...battlefield-4/


    note how jackfrags only voices any negatives of the game in videos released after the "assignment end date".
    Last edited by Julz; 08-06-2014 at 04:59.

  27. #21
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,455
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    16,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Didn't he also tear Titanfall a new one?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  28. #22
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Didn't he also tear Titanfall a new one?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep one of the few who did. Wonder how he will rate destiny.

    on tap a talk on LG g2 and I suck at typing on phones so forgive my typo errors.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  29. #23
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,367 (888 Banked)
    this thread went off-topic quite a bit!

    However, to bring it back, it's nice when you see that, nearly universally, everyone has the same reaction to the end of the first chapter....Even "Angry" joe

    This game deserves to be played by everyone, even those who don't game. Such an amazing story.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  30. #24
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,127
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    24,610 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Great review, a few spoils tho. Worthy of a 10/10 this game.
    The game is about 14 - 16hrs long, it feels like a journey and by the time you actually finish it (Could be weeks in real time) you are ready to play again.
    Last edited by mickice; 08-06-2014 at 07:28.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  31. #25
    Superior Member
    NotoriousBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Cincinnati
    Age
    35
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    5,746 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Great review, a few spoils tho. Worthy of a 10/10 this game.
    The game is about 14 - 16hrs long, it feels like a journey and by the time you actually finish it (Could be weeks in real time) you are ready to play again.

    I agree except the "ready to play again" part. I found this masterpiece to be emotionally draining. When I attempted to play through it again (PS3) I found myself turned off.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.