General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

ALERT - Are you ready for the new PSU? Downtime scheduled

Take a last look at PSU.com in its current form. Remember it for all the good times we've had and shared, for the thousands of breaking stories we've produced, the amazing games we've covered and for the passion of the team that made it all happen way back in 2006, as well as the current team that has put their hearts and souls into providing PlayStation coverage on a daily basis. Say goodbye to the glitches and the bugs that have plagued us...awful search functionality, getting kicked out of logins, broken pages and much more. There's a new era coming my fellow gamers.

There's many more years left in PSU yet. In fact, it feels like we're only just getting started. We've grown from strength to strength and found people within the community that have given so much to help the site grow and get to this stage. So, we're delighted to announce that after months of hard work we're ready to launch the new look PSU. Our team is stronger than ever, the passion for PlayStation runs through our blood like never before, and our vision to create something fresher, more intuitive to navigate and responsive so that you can enjoy our content on mobile and tablet is almost realised.

Nothing impresses me more than the passion of the PlayStation Universe community. Thanks to incredible input from Chris Clement, who stepped forward to help the site out and lay down plans to take us into a new generation with a brand new site, we're almost ready to launch the new PSU. Without him, this wouldn't have happened. When I say almost, I mean tomorrow. On Wednesday August 6, 2014, PSU will change forever. Through suggestions from the community and from our staff we've spent many months putting the wheels in motion to create a new look PSU to power us through this exciting PS4 generation.

The idea for the site was to come up with a fresher design and create a smoother, bug-free experience that allows you to access content easily and intuitively, while giving you a homepage that has all the content you need without having to go searching around the site. This is just the beginning. We've more than aware that something needs to change with the forums too. That is happening. You are all so important to the future of PSU that we will not neglect that. We will have new forum software. That is the next step in this rejuvenation process and it's just around the corner.

Let me tell you some of the changes and enhancements before we go live

-Responsive design which means no pinching and zooming on mobiles. It adjusts to your screen allowing you to access and view content easily
    - A new look homepage with a new colour scheme and articles set out in rows rather than just the 1x1 articles we see right now
    -Login system overhaul - one login on homepage and forums. You'll be able to smoothly transition between the two without getting logged out
    - New look menu bar that drops-down to allow you to view the most recent articles across categories such as news, features, reviews and videos
    - The Flash Console above the top news post is no more. Welcome a huge carousel with high-res images to create immediate impact and showcase our best articles
    - Access PSN only related content, Podcasts and our new Trophy section via buttons under the carousel.
    - The ability to filter and change the homepage to view all articles based on platform
    - The latest exclusive videos and trailers from the world of PlayStation via the video hub
    - A new hot articles box that shows the top 5 most read articles
    - A release date portal for all PlayStation games. A one-stop place to bookmark that will show you every single PlayStation game that is coming up that has a release date.
    - A prominent homepage community portal that shows the hottest threads from within the community, designed to bring people in to read and take part in our community.
    - Game facts boxes on all articles so you can see more info about the game in question. Immediately allowing you to jump to the game hub for that game, filter by your favourite developer and publisher and know when your favourite games will launch
    - Improved search functionality. Type in a game and you'll get a complete list of all assets relating to that game, from news to videos.
    - A new trophy portal powered by True Trophies. We will have trophy lists for every single PlayStation game. This is synched with the PlayStation servers. As soon as PlayStation uploads those trophies, we'll have them.

Tomorrow on the homepage, we'll detail all this with screenshots to help make the transition as smooth as possible. This will be PSU beta. We will need your input and help. We've agonised over the choices we've made cosmetically and it's likely they'll be further tweaks over the coming weeks. We're happy to listen to suggestions. We also expect there could be some technical issues, though we're confident that these will be minimal. We ask you to go through the site thoroughly and find them for us. Report them to support@psu.com

DOWNTIME - PSU will be down at around 9.30am EASTERN on Wednesday August 6, 2014. We hope to be back up again with the new look PSU at midday at the latest. Take your last look at PSU as you've known it for many years. It's an emotional time for many of us who have been at the site for a long time, but this is also a very exciting moment for all of us. It's the chance to embrace something that looks new but still has the same old passion and soul, that will never change.

Thank you for entering this new era with us. You're the beating heart of PSU and, as I said, this is just the beginning for our community with the next phase being migration of the forums. We'll let you know about the plans for that shortly.

Catch you the other side. I'll be happy to answer any questions and listen to feedback once the site launches.
    Last edited by StevenW; 08-06-2014 at 01:14.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sounds amazing I cant wait to see it all tomorrow, respect to all the people who worked and put the time in to make it all happen!

3. Likes Tim Nunes, StevenW likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

5. Likes Tim Nunes, StevenW likes this post
    Master Sage
    I look forward to providing you with more criticism

7. Likes Christopher , Tim Nunes, StevenW likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Admittedly, I'm more excited for possible changes to the forums than the main news site but still glad to hear PSU has life ahead of it. Having been a part of the community for 8 years now, I've seen the site go through many changes. I'm hoping we can get a much needed boost in activity following the start of this new era.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

9. Likes StevenW likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

11. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Then again guys.. There's a question on all of our lips...

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    It blends very well indeedy! You guys are going to love it. Chris has done an amazing job on the features. Forums will come at a later date.

And for those wondering, that's Noon GMT, 1PM BST, 2PM CET.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    Admittedly, I'm more excited for possible changes to the forums than the main news site but still glad to hear PSU has life ahead of it. Having been a part of the community for 8 years now, I've seen the site go through many changes. I'm hoping we can get a much needed boost in activity following the start of this new era.
    It's a process. I feel the exact same way but I understand the move. A new fancy look to get people attracted and get to looking around. Then they find the forums. I'm very excited for the site.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Going to miss PS3-themes section Got my Ff7:AC theme there.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Going to miss PS3-themes section Got my Ff7:AC theme there.

Themes section will still be there.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Yes! I wonder how all the content came to be, now..? Well.. exciting times ahead. Forums can still be The future. Not these rampant cesspool comment fields :P

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    And for those wondering, that's Noon GMT, 1PM BST, 2PM CET.
    New forums could use a timeconverter app.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    It's a process. I feel the exact same way but I understand the move. A new fancy look to get people attracted and get to looking around. Then they find the forums. I'm very excited for the site.
    Yeah, that is the idea and exactly why we put a nice large "Community Portal" on the home page under the article section. Draw people to the home page with a new fresh look that will highlight the awesome content our writers and editors churn out every day as well as devoting a large chunk of real estate to the forums to help boost activity in the community.

Varsh and I have begun plans on the new forums. He is already getting familiar with the software. After we settle into the new software and work out any kinks that may come up, new forum software is my number one priority*.

*along with booze and sleep
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

20. Likes Ghost , PS4freak likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Can't wait!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Fantastic! For so long we've yearned for a fresh start to free us from the bugs and glitches of the site and forums but were always restricted by lack of resources. It's perfect that the resources we needed came from our community.

With Sony going from strength to strength this generation we have an amazing opportunity to shape and mold this place, front end and back, into something unique. The front page looks amazing and I can't wait till we get our teeth stuck into the forum side of things.

Another big thank you to Chris, without whom this wouldn't be possible. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Fantastic! For so long we've yearned for a fresh start to free us from the bugs and glitches of the site and forums but were always restricted by lack of resources. It's perfect that the resources we needed came from our community.

With Sony going from strength to strength this generation we have an amazing opportunity to shape and mold this place, front end and back, into something unique. The front page looks amazing and I can't wait till we get our teeth stuck into the forum side of things.

Another big thank you to Chris, without whom this wouldn't be possible. <3
    Thank YOU for bringing me on board, Ghost. You started this.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I'd also like to extend my thanks to Chris. You're a superstar man, don't let anybody tell you otherwise!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Yes! I wonder how all the content came to be, now..? Well.. exciting times ahead. Forums can still be The future. Not these rampant cesspool comment fields :P
    On top of the themes section still being there. PSU's new search function is mega! No more manually sifting through hundreds of pages. You type something, PSU gives it to you! That goes double for game titles, Video, EVERYTHING!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    Very excited about all of this. And a big ol' gigantic thanks to you, Chris.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Nice can't wait, massive thanks and congrats to all the people who make this site what it is! You made me feel very welcome which is why I am so active on here and can't wait for many more years ahead
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Administrator
    New site looks super sexy.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Truly beautifully Tech Team!
    Last edited by PS4freak; 08-07-2014 at 01:51.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Superior Member
    Love the new site redesign!

Looks really sleek and clean. 5 stars

Greatness Awaits

Thread Information