Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I don't think anyone else has thought of this but not only was the lighting bad but the fact that Ward was wearing black made him almost impossible to see anyway. The car in front of Stewart barely missed him himself. This is far from murder, this is a stupid idiot. It was purely coincidental that it just happened to be Stewart.

2. Likes faaeng likes this post
    El Presidente
    I agree that this Ward guy was incredibly stupid. I get you're pissed but why would you ever think it's a good idea to walk onto the track?

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Is that fatality going to be in the new Mortal Kombat? That is just Darwinism at work...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Finally You Are Free
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Blame both? That is ridiculous......
    No it isn't. In the context of Tony trying to hit Kevin it would be both of their faults; Kevin's for standing in the middle of the track like an idiot and Tony's for trying to harm or kill him. If you had read my post properly you'd see that was hypothetical.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    People claimed they saw the two arguing/fighting before the race. Then during the race he accelerates near the end of the turn, not out of the turn, and his the guy? No one else revved their engines there, but he certainly did, and there's no way he didn't see him standing them waving his arms next to a another vehicle parked in the track.

I'm not saying it with absolute certainty, because coincides do exist, but it looks really obvious that he killed him on purpose.
    To be fair, this isn't Formula 1 where you can make 90" turns at 100mph.

These are $#@!ty box cars that are meant to slide around corners. Ergo, there is no grip at all that would allow you to take evasive action.

The only thing he could do is accelerate, and hope he gained grip that way, or brake and know he'd likely slide into him regardless. If he has manual gear shift, the revving could have been him dropping down a gear to try stopping that way.

What can you do when you're travelling at speed and you see someone willing throw themselves infront of you?
    You can't turn out, and you certainly can't turn in. You can't brake, nor can you accelerate. You're an observer to the events that will unfold.

Last year, Mark Webber was handed a referral for walking onto the race track at singapore even though the race had ended. The cars were going slow, but for safety reasons, drivers aren't allowed to just aimlessly wonder onto the track where cars are permitted to race at speed.

Sig courtesy of the_jim

7. Likes K2D likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The guy that got hit was a dumbass, who the hell gets out of the car in that situation!...and now he's dead.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    They have grip, its just they have lots of power to make the wheels slip, same in speedway.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    They have grip, its just they have lots of power to make the wheels slip, same in speedway.
    I may have exaggerated slightly, but at the end of the clip you can see the emergency crew falling over when they hop off the truck, one even slides backwards.

I was speaking relatively, of course.

If there was 'no grip' they wouldn't even move
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I watched the video many times. Here is what I have gathered.

1. Ward leaves his vehicle and is almost hit by car in front of Stewart.

2. Both cars were coming out of a turn which would make it hard to see Ward out of his vehicle. Even harder for Stewart as he was behind another car.

3. Stewarts car does not swerve in to Ward at all. The car does fish tail a little, but that is because Ward was caught under the tire and made the cars rear end jump.

Tony Stewart is 100% innocent in this stupid accident. Ward should have NEVER left his vehicle and walked towards the oncoming cars.
    How I saw it as well.

Many people forget that revving noise isnt from him accelrating, its form when the guys went under the tires. Sound takes time to travel.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Many people forget that revving noise isnt from him accelrating, its form when the guys went under the tires. Sound takes time to travel.
    If you watch the video you can hear the engine rev right before contact. Listen carefully.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    If you watch the video you can hear the engine rev right before contact. Listen carefully.
    How many cars do you think are driving on the track? And you think this cell phone in the stands is picking up on one single engine?

Finally You Are Free
    How many cars do you think are driving on the track? And you think this cell phone in the stands is picking up on one single engine?
    I didn't say the sound of the engine belonged to that specific vehicle. I just said it picked up right before contact with Kevin (assuming solid accuracy with the recording device).

But since you bring it up, it sounds like it does belong to that car. It came when the vehicle accelerated, the pitch shifted when the vehicle turned slightly (from hitting and running over Kevin), and it died down once the vehicle began slowing. It matches its movement quite well.

Forum Sage

Reading comprehension 101. I never said anything like that.

You said even if Stewart did try to kill Kevin it was still Kevin's fault. How does that make any senses? Wouldn't the blame fall onto both, but more primarily Stewart for murder?
    No. I said regardless of what Stewart may or may not have done, it's still the moron's fault. He put himself in that situation. Actions have consequences. He acted like a dummy and was tossed like one for it. And to be frank, I don't see how Stewart could have avoided him unless the moron was expecting Stewart to crash his vehicle in order to avoid hitting him. There's zero to slim chance of that happening.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    No. I said regardless of what Stewart may or may not have done, it's still the moron's fault. He put himself in that situation..
    Do you even understand what you're typing? Your statement includes the scenario where Tony intentionally hits Kevin. In that circumstance it would indeed be Tony's fault. That's all I'm pointing out.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 08-12-2014 at 06:25.

Forum Overseer

My first reaction is that while the kid was furious and seeing he's 20, i'm not surprised at his foolishness, not defending him...just saying that kids make mistakes...i feel more upset that people keep saying that he deserved everything he got for making a mistake.

To me, Stewart seems to be at somewhat fault...e.g. manslaughter. you can see the car in front of Stewart slowing down, there were no other cars to obscure someone's view...i highly doubt these pro drivers can't see the track they're on (especially when they're slowing down) the entire time, these aren't women drivers (XD).

you can see Stewart slow down as well, watch other cars at first and then see the last two (last one being Stewart's). i would be surprised if Stewart didn't know that something was up, especially with the car on front of him slowing to almost street speed.

why would Stewart's vision be obscured? he had one car ahead of him, far ahead...and the car slowed down. while i don't know and can't see, i highly doubt he had no idea that there was some sort of a commotion.

it seems more of an opportunist moment, and while Ward was digging his own grave, it does seem to me that Stewart "may have been" trying to teach the little kid a lesson to not get in the way and didn't realize it would kill him. he was either trying to scare him or nudge him...but it definitely seems fishy the way he drives towards him...note how all the other cars had already made their turn and were going straight and not cornering...while Stewart corners into him...there was no reason to do that...he was also going twice the speed of the car in front of him...VERY FISHY.

or he was just a bad driver. again, i'm not saying Ward isn't at some fault but there's definitely an opportunist Stewart here that took things a little far.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The guy was in the middle of the track, Stewart was much slower than before at that point, Ward was walking in towards his car, did Ward think he could stop? Remember he's wearing BLACK as well in low light conditions. Stewart also took the same path as the other driver so I honestly can't see the fault here in anyone but Ward.

As soon as I saw the guy get out the car and walk onto the track I was like "WTF, he's going to get run over", then he starts playing chicken with the other cars. No sympathy at all.

19. Likes faaeng, K2D likes this post
    Veteran
    Nvm
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    The guy was in the middle of the track, Stewart was much slower than before at that point, Ward was walking in towards his car, did Ward think he could stop? Remember he's wearing BLACK as well in low light conditions. Stewart also took the same path as the other driver so I honestly can't see the fault here in anyone but Ward.

As soon as I saw the guy get out the car and walk onto the track I was like "WTF, he's going to get run over", then he starts playing chicken with the other cars. No sympathy at all.
    same thing i thought, it was stupid but you can clearly tell that Ward (although slower relative to his last lap), was still faster than the car ahead of him...and the fact that he did slow down is another indication that he knew something was up and he needed to be cautious.

also, watch again carefully, he's not going the same direction other cars were...he made a wider curve than all other cars. which leads me to believe that he was pissed and likely wanted to teach him a lesson or just whizz by him, possibly trying to knock him down.

i almost have a feeling Stewart likely has had anger management issues in the past. and so did the kid i'm sure.

Forum Sage

Do you even understand what you're typing? Your statement includes the scenario where Tony intentionally hits Kevin. In that circumstance it would indeed be Tony's fault. That's all I'm pointing out.
    But nothing leads to him having it done intentionally. You seem to want there to be intent involved. I get it; it makes for better gossip. But onward to the point you're making and I do think your point is valid. If it is indeed found out that Stewart ran over the moron on purpose, (I just don't see the intent) then good riddance to the one who thought it was a bright idea to put himself into a dangerous situation. He put himself in that situation first. It's his own damn fault. His actions led to his death. Plain and simple.

23. Likes K2D likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    What ever went through the mind of Tony Steward before hitting the other driver, it happen in split seconds - On a race track that you're supposed to feel relatively secure about not hurting anyone on. He could very well have wanted to scare or nudge him, without having enough time to rationalize his actions. The poor guy is not only going to have to live with killing a man - people will probably judge him for it as well.
    Last edited by K2D; 08-12-2014 at 17:01.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Overseer

you can't rule out that there could not have been any possibility of something intentional. yeah, i'm sure he didn't mean to murder him cold-blooded but it's definitely possible he may have wanted to teach him a lesson by scaring him or nudging him...which turned ugly. if you read what i wrote above, i'm under suspicion that he wasn't more cautious.

just because some idiot is walking around, doesn't give a person full authority to run them over without any precaution. what i can conclude at least that he was using less caution than the guy in front of him.

26. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Veteran
    The guy infronna him would have hit him instead had he stepped outta the way a split second later.....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

28. Likes K2D likes this post
    Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    it seems more of an opportunist moment, and while Ward was digging his own grave, it does seem to me that Stewart "may have been" trying to teach the little kid a lesson to not get in the way and didn't realize it would kill him. he was either trying to scare him or nudge him...but it definitely seems fishy the way he drives towards him...note how all the other cars had already made their turn and were going straight and not cornering...while Stewart corners into him...there was no reason to do that...he was also going twice the speed of the car in front of him...VERY FISHY.
    I agree, and I think it's worth mentioning again the two were seen by fans fighting/arguing before the race. It just seems oddly coincidental that on the race right after Stewart would hit Ward. The fact Kevin got out of the car and was acting aggressive on the track towards Tony shows they must have been pissed at each other.

Between that and Tony gunning the engine right before the hit really strikes me as something suspicious. I'm not saying Tony meant to kill him, but scare him? That isn't some outrageous possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    But nothing leads to him having it done intentionally. You seem to want there to be intent involved.
    Not really. Nothing I've said even implies that.

I take issue with the rest of your post. By your logic it's a rape victim's fault for being alone at night. After all they put themselves into that situation, right?
    Last edited by Nerevar; 08-12-2014 at 17:14.

30. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer

i totally agree...i didn't know about their previous problems but i'm not surprised. and now we have a possible motive...not to murder but at least that the kid may have hit a nerve with the guy.

thing about it is and others may feel free to disagree but a 20 year old doing something like that is not out of this world, he is 20, a pro driver, i'm sure he feels he's accomplished a lot during his life up until then. The kidís $#@!y.

it's also not out of the question that Stewart nudged at his car earlier...it's difficult to tell at first but keep watching it and looking at their turns, Stewart likely knew that Ward's car was going to get hit, because Stewartís turn was much wider knowing he was behind Ward. Ward didn't curve into him, Stewart curved out (if that's a term).

but that's beside the point, the kid risked his life when he got out but we should not just end it there, i've had 1 accident in my 15+ years of driving and it's not because i'm careful about my driving, i also watch others making mistakes...most of the times, i avoid accidents because i'm patching other people's mistakes rather than to keep going just because it was my right.

if a pedastrian gets in my way all of a sudden, it may be difficult to say if i had enough time to respond or not...because everything happens so quickly. if in that moment i'm angry at the pedastrian and i keep going because well, he or she should've been more careful and not dumb...thatís hard to prove but it can happen. A video in this case would definitely bring some answers, if not all. and trust me, trust me when i say this, i have seen "plenty" of people that have this attitude out on the road.

i've almost had people run their cars into mine because they felt i should not have changed lanes...what do you say about that? it may still look like my fault because i was changing lanes but sometimes people are stubborn and let their anger take the better side of them. Itís very easy sometimes to make something look like itís the other personís fault. Iíve had people not give me space, potentially putting me in danger, few times Iíve had to make a complete stop or Iíd run into the road barriers.

this is what i think happened here. he made a mistake but more precaution could've been used. i hope he gets some sort of a punishment out of this. i personally want manslaughter but i'll agree with whatever decision comes out as long as they hold him accountable in some way.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I honestly think it's quite tasteless of you to speculate about motive around an accident where fractions of a second determine what action that person could have taken. I hope I never wind up in a similar situation like that.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

33. Likes faaeng likes this post

Thread Information