Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller

Assassin's Creed: Rogue trailers showing naval and land gameplay

For those of you interested, these were just uploaded. Looks like UI will remain unchanged from Black Flag with some gameplay additions carrying over from multiplayer (like the circle showing target direction).

Assassin’s Creed Rogue Arctic Naval Gameplay Walkthrough

Assassin’s Creed Rogue River Valley Land Gameplay Walkthrough
    Last edited by ttech10; 6 Days Ago at 09:34.

El Presidente
    It look exactly the same as 4. What's the point it getting it with only a few minor changes? Of course I shouldn't expect there to be major changes because that's reserved for Unity but still.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Unfortunately they made this game solely because they didn't want to leave 360 and ps3 fans behind. Unity is the main focus, Rogue isn't going to be near as good.

PSU Live Streamer
    It'll hit PC, and I'll snag it for super cheap some day and playthrough it
    Last edited by shepard; 6 Days Ago at 17:14.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Assassin's Creed Rogue feels a bit forced, you can notice they're focusing on next-gen now. And that's fine for me, I'm totally next-gen now and don't want to go back to PS3 ^^

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    It look exactly the same as 4. What's the point it getting it with only a few minor changes? Of course I shouldn't expect there to be major changes because that's reserved for Unity but still.
    I think the lead for this game is the same as AC: Liberation (Vita), so there were hints early on of it not being a "major" release. As someone else pointed out, they wanted to give PS3/360 something instead of not only losing sales there but also so they didn't feel left out with Unity. I'm happy with that, as it means there is one game just for current-gen that isn't going to be held back and another game for those who haven't upgraded yet. I would have hated if Unity wasn't built for next-gen in mind.

I do think their intent was pretty blatant, though. I think this is the first new AC game that didn't have a major UI/gameplay update. I can't really fault them, though, as it was the only way to appease both current and previous gen owners, what with the short time period.

It doesn't look bad, though I can't see myself bothering with it. It's all around far too similar to Black Flag. I'm sure it will be a decent game but I think I've made it clear on these forums how tired I am of naval gameplay. It I want to sink ships I'll play Silent Hunter. I don't see those who wanted more of that gameplay being too upset by the lack of graphical updates, as the key part of the game they enjoyed has been given new settings and gameplay updates.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    they need to make it for current gen too.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    It look exactly the same as 4. What's the point it getting it with only a few minor changes?
    I loved Black Flag so I'm fine with it. Since we get the new goodness with Unity I'm cool with having more BF style fun as well.

Thread Information