Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast

Thread: $#@! vs $#@!

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

$#@! vs $#@!

why don't people know the difference?

on a side note, why are we so afraid of the word $#@!? other than being abused of course.

why are non-blacks afraid to use the word "black" to describe a black person, when speaking to or around a black person?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Both look similar to what Q-Bert says when he dies!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    lol yes will definitely have to remove filter for this one. or maybe i should say, put it back on...

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    how do i remove the filter?

also is one of them the C word?

6. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    LOL the C word? $#@!? $#@!?

goto your USER CP, then go to EDIT PROFILE, then choose under Profanity Filter: TURN ON.

EDIT: Ohh lol derp derp, cooter i bet.

8. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Dude, wtf is this thread..............i dunno whether to be offended, laugh or fly to american and $#@! you up! however your from texas so probably hate blacks anyway! haha.

Seriously tho, wtf are you asking?! Change the damn thread title too!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

10. Likes Captncoke49, Omar likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    oh my haha, i thought they were both derogatory?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Dude, wtf is this thread..............i dunno whether to be offended, laugh or fly to american and $#@! you up! however your from texas so probably hate blacks anyway! haha.

Seriously tho, wtf are you asking?! Change the damn thread title too!
    ^case in point lol. why is that word so difficult to hear/say when the intent isn't bad.

EDIT: oh and i can say the N word, i'm a non-white immigrant XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    oh my haha, i thought they were both derogatory?
    ^and this is why i created this thread, for education XD
    Last edited by Omar; 08-13-2014 at 22:57.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Without getting into it, surely you know its a derogatory terms used by whites back in the slave days for us? so we take exception to anyone other than a black person saying it.

As for blacks calling blacks it as a term of endearment? I have no idea how that happened and why we accept it.

i blame the NWA!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

14. Likes keefy likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    i see both plastered all over twitter

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ^case in point lol. why is that word so difficult to hear/say when the intent isn't bad.

EDIT: oh and i can say the N word, i'm a non-white immigrant XD

^and this is why i created this thread, for education XD
    yeah.....ok. I don't know if that works for non-white immigrants or not.

But if a white guy like me starts blabbing the N-word.....

That's the education. Intent be damned.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Without getting into it, surely you know its a derogatory terms used by whites back in the slave days for us? so we take exception to anyone other than a black person saying it.

As for blacks calling blacks it as a term of endearment? I have no idea how that happened and why we accept it.

i blame the NWA!
    but that's exactly why i brought up my point. when there's no intent of harm...which is where it's different from the history, i don't understand why we just say it for other reasons, e.g. if the word comes up in a conversation to talk about the history. even if you were defending it. you have to say "the n word". you can't say the word. it is extremely taboo.

on the other hand, we have a company named "Cracker Barrel", and trust me, i won't go there until they change that racist name XD

also, there's nothing wrong with blacks calling other blacks $#@!...they don't call each other the n word, they still refrain from that unless they were pissed and wanted to insult. that's the difference between that and the n word. $#@! is someone who's your friend/cool. the n word on the other hand, isn't. but it's risky to even say $#@!.

and i cringe every time people confuse the two...especially white people lol. but i've noticed a lot of people don't really know the difference and don't know that $#@! is actually used quite often by various other races and with good intentions.

you know, people call indians sand $#@!s and while i will never understand how it was for the blacks, if blacks continue to be mad about this word, they will continue to empower it and people will continue to use it as a hate word. that's the point of this thread.

and 33x, you're from britain, you're not black, you're just...british or british with an african descent XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    i see both plastered all over twitter
    that's because people don't know the difference. i don't think 33x does either lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    yeah.....ok. I don't know if that works for non-white immigrants or not.

But if a white guy like me starts blabbing the N-word.....

That's the education. Intent be damned.
    trust me, it was meant to be satirical lol. i do notice that the pressure is more when a white person says it. hence why i made that tonge-in-cheek comment.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I refer to black people as black people. Just as I refer to white people as white people. Honestly I think African American is honestly a stupid term. No disrespect but if a black person moves from Australia to the US are they automatically African American? I just don't like the term just like Caucasian. As for the argument of the spelling it's a racist term to use no matter who you are IMO. Like you said 33x, its a derogatory they used in the slavery era. Why would any black person want to use the term? If my ancestors suffered some horrible tragedy like slavery I wouldn't want to embrace a term that was used as a derogatory term towards them. Never understood this myself. I would like to hear some insight from you guys.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Overseer
    great point about "african american", it's dumb.

i don't mean to embrace it, i'm bringing up two points. i'm saying, don't empower the word by making it extremely taboo. i'm not saying i wanna go around calling everyone a $#@!, all i'm saying is that if i'm talking about history and i want to bring up that word, that should be ok.

it's like when people got offended by Django Unchained...one of the best action movies i've seen (other than a couple of cheesy things) where the main character is black. that's a historical moment and yet i saw blacks and whites being offended by the use of the word "$#@!". WHY!!! you can't even portray the realities of the past anymore?

those are my two points.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I still find it stupid they changed the green lantern motto so that it didnt offend black people, changed from "brightest day to blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight" to "brightest day to darkest night, no evil shall escape my site" cause obviously night time isn't black anymore, space is just dark

Thank you itachi

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I still find it stupid they changed the green lantern motto so that it didnt offend black people, changed from "brightest day to blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight" to "brightest day to darkest night, no evil shall escape my site" cause obviously night time isn't black anymore, space is just dark
    are you $#@!ing serious? smh...

i mean, bright vs dark is more correct but if they wanna call it black, call it black. that's my point here.

i think the problem is that the newer generations (black vs white) are not on talking terms when it comes to these issues.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    My $#@!. I seen this white guy get the boots put to him for saying that $#@!. He didn't call the dope boys $#@! either. He was just like, "which one of yall $#@!s got the weed?" and they snapped.

People nowadays know the difference. It's not all good to just go popping that $#@! off around everyone. You can still get $#@!ed up around the wrong people. It's all over movies and music and $#@! but just use it at your own risk

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

23. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    are you $#@!ing serious? smh...

i mean, bright vs dark is more correct but if they wanna call it black, call it black. that's my point here.

i think the problem is that the newer generations (black vs white) are not on talking terms when it comes to these issues.
    Yeah I am serious :/

edit this chat is censored, but I kind of find it better censored then if I uncensor it.

Thank you itachi

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I do think the madness of having to be politically correct about everything is what makes it such a taboo subject; we're all worried that we'll offend someone.
    Thats probably why we have so many different definitions for someone's race as well, when i go to the dentist and fill out the form, the amount of different catagories you can choose from is crazy.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    My $#@!. I seen this white guy get the boots put to him for saying that $#@!. He didn't call the dope boys $#@! either. He was just like, "which one of yall $#@!s got the weed?" and they snapped.

People nowadays know the difference. It's not all good to just go popping that $#@! off around everyone. You can still get $#@!ed up around the wrong people. It's all over movies and music and $#@! but just use it at your own risk
    Hit the nail on the head. I've been called the "er" version and that didn't go well with me. Dude was drunk and on some drugs. Got hauled away before anything bad would happen to him. Oh and he wasn't black. If you're some one I've known since superman pjs it's all good to use $#@! to me if thats how you speak, no matter where you're from. But other than that, no good. I don't use it much myself to be honest.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Chris Rock would like to say something...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

28. Likes Lebowski , Captncoke49 likes this post
    El Presidente
    Because the word $#@! was used for so long as derogatory that even now you just don't say that to people. Which is odd because people swear like sailors everyday. I hear it all the time out in public but this one word is off limits.

Even in a conversation about slavery, purely historical, people won't say it. I know I won't go around saying that even if it fits the conversation because so many still find it offensive and would call me racist.

Black people say $#@! all the time at least around here. I'll leave it to them. I've got no place saying it as a white dude.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Whats upp mah Neighbors?! As long as a minority of black people persist to use this word, it's going to continue to be used derogatory.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

31. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Either everyone can use it or nobody can.

33. Likes MajorCynik_, Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Captncoke49 View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. I've been called the "er" version and that didn't go well with me. Dude was drunk and on some drugs. Got hauled away before anything bad would happen to him. Oh and he wasn't black. If you're some one I've known since superman pjs it's all good to use $#@! to me if thats how you speak, no matter where you're from. But other than that, no good. I don't use it much myself to be honest.
    i agree, i can understand someone saying the n word without knowing you and well, there's no reason to use the n word when you have $#@!. the n word is specifically a derogatory word, i wouldn't use it unless i was trying to hurt the other person but otherwise if i had to say it, i'd say $#@!.

i'm thinking he didn't know the difference between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Because the word $#@! was used for so long as derogatory that even now you just don't say that to people. Which is odd because people swear like sailors everyday. I hear it all the time out in public but this one word is off limits.

Even in a conversation about slavery, purely historical, people won't say it. I know I won't go around saying that even if it fits the conversation because so many still find it offensive and would call me racist.

Black people say $#@! all the time at least around here. I'll leave it to them. I've got no place saying it as a white dude.
    yeah, the former i understand, it's a difficult subject but what i have a problem with is that you can't even say it to describe history...look, i'm not saying it's needed to go around and say the n word every time black slavery in america comes up but my perfect example is Django Unchained...why people found that offensive? I DONT GET IT! without the n word, the movie would not have the emotions that it did. Tarantino nailed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Whats upp mah Neighbors?! As long as a minority of black people persist to use this word, it's going to continue to be used derogatory.
    no it's quite the opposite, i believe blacks started saying "$#@!" because they were trying to take away the power of this word. it's like joking about being abused as a child...comedians sometimes do it. or a fat person making fun of their weight. it's all about taking away the power from people to hurt them.

black people don't use the n word like that though, which would be counter-productive. i think $#@! is one of the most clever words ever invented and we're afraid to use it!

you can't use $#@! in a derogatory word btw. so when you hear the n word, try to note if it was the "a" or the "er". it's almost always the "a" unless the person doesn't know the difference or a person is using it for a different reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Either everyone can use it or nobody can.

but that's just the thing, no one uses the n word, they use $#@! and that's not derogatory.

Thread Information