PSU Live Streamer

No Man's Sky: How you actually play it

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

No Man's Sky: How you actually play it

Tempted to pick up this game when it releases on PC. Loving the Space genre is getting a revival and thankfully this one fills the gap of not being super in depth like the others

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I seriously can't wait to jump into this game, I hope it doesn't flop!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    The game is seriously innovative. I just hope it's fun in the long term.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

5. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    El Presidente
    I'm so excited for this. I need a release date.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Overseer
    i'm still skeptical about this. it sounds cool and I'm OK with the minimal interaction but i also don't want it to get really really boring without any interaction.

they really need to find a good balance. i would like it if they gave an option to be in groups if you meet new people. and maybe be close to your friends at least.

the game just looks like a giant exploration...i'm just not convinced yet if it has the endurance to be played long.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Really looking forward to this title, looks promising just really hope it delivers!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yeah definitely excited for this one!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I just hope it is more MMO oriented with tons of people in the same galaxy as myself, if it is just me and a few extra people this will be pretty lame, it needs to have 100's of people per galaxy to make it interesting. Hopefully it will have different factions that will allow players to fight against each other. Wonder if you will be able to built a base, etc. within the game?

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I just hope it is more MMO oriented with tons of people in the same galaxy as myself, if it is just me and a few extra people this will be pretty lame, it needs to have 100's of people per galaxy to make it interesting. Hopefully it will have different factions that will allow players to fight against each other. Wonder if you will be able to built a base, etc. within the game?
    The guy said don't think of it as an MMO. The vibe I get is this game is for exploration and the enjoyment you get out of that. It isn't about building bases with hundreds of players fighting each other. I feel like even with all the attention this game is getting it will only have a cult following. Just because the focus isn't on combat and lots of players and that will turn people off.

I would prefer exploration over getting ganged up on by tons of people when all I want to do is explore.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I think there is some lore as well so it will be interesting to see how thats incorporated

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    you are going to be disappointed. it will likely be very scarce, they said it themselves, they want it to not be big like that. i don't like that myself but i also don't want it to be completely open either...i'm thinking it's not even going to be 100 people...probably people coming in and joining the server that is in your area and when they leave the area, they leave the server.

this way they won't need a big server with 50000 player count. and won't charge us money for it.

otherwise, i see no way possible they can have more than 32-64 at a time and considering how big the game is, that will be pointless. i'm thinking they will have servers that cover certain parts of the galaxy.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    The guy said don't think of it as an MMO. The vibe I get is this game is for exploration and the enjoyment you get out of that. It isn't about building bases with hundreds of players fighting each other. I feel like even with all the attention this game is getting it will only have a cult following. Just because the focus isn't on combat and lots of players and that will turn people off.

I would prefer exploration over getting ganged up on by tons of people when all I want to do is explore.
    I have a feeling you are right, I finally watched the whole video...it would still be nice if there were more real people online, it could start you off in the game and drop you in a random place in the galaxy, the fun of exploration would be even better if you had the chance of coming across another real life person in the game even though everyone is spread out super far!

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you are going to be disappointed. it will likely be very scarce, they said it themselves, they want it to not be big like that. i don't like that myself but i also don't want it to be completely open either...i'm thinking it's not even going to be 100 people...probably people coming in and joining the server that is in your area and when they leave the area, they leave the server.

this way they won't need a big server with 50000 player count. and won't charge us money for it.

otherwise, i see no way possible they can have more than 32-64 at a time and considering how big the game is, that will be pointless. i'm thinking they will have servers that cover certain parts of the galaxy.
    I know I am probably hyping myself up for disappointment, but hopefully some of the stuff you suggested will happen, I just don't whole the game to be me flying around and looking at stupid animals, I would just hate for it to turn into a space version of the Afrika game for the PS3, that would just get real old very fast! They need to make it more like Minecraft in space, lots of people online, mining of minerals, creating bases or homes, lots of exploration, the occasional fight with people, etc.

Forum Overseer
    oh God that Afrika game...

yeah, it's definitely possible they might add more interaction later, once they realize how stupid it is to limit it too much. which i'm thinking they want to do.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    oh God that Afrika game...

yeah, it's definitely possible they might add more interaction later, once they realize how stupid it is to limit it too much. which i'm thinking they want to do.
    I guess worst case there is always Drifter or Star Made!

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Have they said that if you did decide to walk around the entire surface of a planet would you encounter seasonal variations, tundra, savannahs, deserts which are roasting hot, deserts which are mostly ice, poles, etc? Or would it just a be huge rolling map where halfway round the planet looks more of the same as where you started?

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Thread Information