Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread: July 2014 NPD

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It is the mantra of all companies to strive to be better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    ok but your response was to a discussion that was specifically about the xbox one.

...ok, let's get some things straight, are you talking about 2nd place in general? because i'm not talking about 2nd place in general. i'm talking about MS' state when it comes to specifically the Xbox One at this very moment.

the sole reason Apple is happy with where they are, for the most part, IS because of all the perks they have over their competitor. that's why you can't bring up Apple. you should be bringing up the Windows Phone (because that'd be a closer analogy, ironically) which I suggested eons ago but i guess you like using Apple because it makes you feel better and it's completely wrong.

yeah, within 6 months, like i said, even Sony wasn't so desperate with the PS3 although they probably didn't have a choice after including the blu-ray. but the point remains that anyone dropping the price of their console within 6 months (has anyone else ever dropped $100 within 6 months?) could not possibly be happy with the situation they were in.

i seriously don't even know what you're arguing about. you want me to agree with you that MS is "ok" with being where they are? sure, maybe they've given up hope but they're definitely not happy with where they are. what else can we talk about? you're playing a semantics war at this point because you don't like admitting that MS would rather not be in the situation they're in.
    if you have to compare MS' success with the Wii U, i think it's your personal expectations that are the problem.

if it weren't for that disclaimer man.

you have to realize that all of the things you've mentioned starts out with having more market share. subscription sales, roaylties, first party sales are all tied to having market share. last generation i kept telling you guys, if you don't have a strong infrastructure, you will lose. MS had no other choice but to go the route they did because they didn't want to build infrastructures.

the difference between people that understand these concepts and people that don't is that people that don't understand it continue to bring up history to justify their comments, they don't understand the implications of current actions that may cause in the future. MS isn't going to sit on their laurels and just let X1 lose because they're doing well with the 360 in its last years.

again my comment has nothing to do with that you can't be happy at the 2nd place because i will support that with the 360 vs PS3, at this point, it doesn't matter who sells more in the end, both MS and Sony were happy although i will say that MS must be a hell of a lot more happy considering they made all those profits. Sony on the other hand, didn't completely fail and built themselves a great foundation.

what my comment was, was simply about MS not being happy with where they are at the moment and since that point, GSK has not been able to accept that and continues to explain me what content and happy means... -_-
    Yes I mean happy with being #2 overall FINANCIALLY. If they are #2, but financially hurting....then MS will NOT be a happy #2 place.

If you are asking if a company is happy WITH BEING in 2nd place, that's a totally different question then asking if they are a happy company WHILE they happen to be in 2nd place.

The Xbox One's price drop show's that MS isn't happy with at least it's 3rd place position. Asking if they are happy while they happen to be in 3rd place position is different question. I don't know the financials, so it's pure speculation as to if they are happy there.

As for....
    the sole reason Apple is happy with where they are, for the most part, IS because of all the perks they have over their competitor. that's why you can't bring up Apple.
    Once again you keep trying bring in stuff that had nothing to do with my point even after I told you the aspect of Apple I'm comparing MS to.... that is.... being a FINANCIALLY very happy #2 place. I never brought into the conversation nor compared things like innovation or quality.....you did. But I'll humor you for a moment since you really want to talk about that stuff...

The sole reason Apple is happy with where they are isn't the perks it has over their competitor, it's the high profit margins and truck loads of money coming in as a result.....PERIOD!

You think they are happy that they are in most cases playing catch up in features in the OS department? I doubt it. Playing catch up with bigger screen sizes? I doubt it. Playing catch up with NFC? I doubt it. Knowing their maps is inferior to Google Maps? I doubt it. Knowing their battery life is shorter than a lot of their competitor's phones? I doubt it.

I could go on about the many reasons Apple is likely not happy, but I've made my point. They can be happy about the big profits coming in. I can find little beyond that for Apple to be happy about. And this comes from an iPhone user like myself.

Also....Apple is in some trouble in the tablet department too. There's a lot of cheaper Android tablets quickly eating away at iPad market share. Hell....a lot of Android tablets are being given away free when you buy a new Android phone with a 2 year contract. I know Dell is giving students a free Android tablet with the purchase of select laptops.

On top of this.... some schools are dropping iPads or steering clear of them in favor of Chrome Books. One of my regional school districts just bought 3,700 Chrome Book laptops and 380 Microsoft Surface tablets.

So.... Apple is certainly happy with the profits. Happy with everything else? That's very debatable.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 08-20-2014 at 10:23.

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Yes I mean happy with being #2 overall FINANCIALLY. If they are #2, but financially hurting....then MS will NOT be a happy #2 place.
    which has nothing to do with my comment. But you don’t understand how business works. a great example is Nintendo, they rode the success of the Wii, doesn’t mean they’re going to sit around and be happy with being low in sales because they made all those billions of dollars. That’s not how it works. you have shareholders/investors (including developers) that want to see positive results. If they don’t, they don’t give a $#@! what the state of MS is. Because they don’t get their dividends.

If you are asking if a company is happy WITH BEING in 2nd place, that's a totally different question then asking if they are a happy company WHILE they happen to be in 2nd place.
    none of this has to do with my comment. I didn’t even say if they were happy or not, I’m actually saying that they aren’t happy. It has nothing to do with the money they bring in overall, it has nothing to do with the 360, it has nothing to do with the profits they made from the 360 or how much the xbox division is making because they’re not making it from the X1.
    The Xbox One's price drop show's that MS isn't happy with at least it's 3rd place position. Asking if they are happy while they happen to be in 3rd place position is different question. I don't know the financials, so it's pure speculation as to if they are happy there.
    smh

Once again you keep trying bring in stuff that had nothing to do with my point even after I told you the aspect of Apple I'm comparing MS to.... that is.... being a FINANCIALLY very happy #2 place.
    X1 is not bringing in any money, they’re losing money on it. seriously lol. Why is it so hard for you to understand?
    I never brought into the conversation nor compared things like innovation or quality.....you did. But I'll humor you for a moment since you really want to talk about that stuff...

The sole reason Apple is happy with where they are isn't the perks it has over their competitor, it's the high profit margins and truck loads of money coming in as a result.....PERIOD!
    and where are the X1 “high profit margins” profits?

You think they are happy that they are in most cases playing catch up in features in the OS department? I doubt it. Playing catch up with bigger screen sizes? I doubt it. Playing catch up with NFC? I doubt it. Knowing their maps is inferior to Google Maps? I doubt it. Knowing their battery life is shorter than a lot of their competitor's phones? I doubt it.
    what features are they catching up to? People don’t care about bigger screen sizes. Who cares about NFC lol. Google maps suck too. Batteries, because they want to keep their phones lighter and smaller lol, it’s not because they don’t want to upgrade that.

And again, Apple does enough things better than the competition that give them the competitive edge. This is precisely why Apple and its users are happy being wherever they are.

I could go on about the many reasons Apple is likely not happy, but I've made my point. They can be happy about the big profits coming in. I can find little beyond that for Apple to be happy about. And this comes from an iPhone user like myself.

Also....Apple is in some trouble in the tablet department too. There's a lot of cheaper Android tablets quickly eating away at iPad market share. Hell....a lot of Android tablets are being given away free when you buy a new Android phone with a 2 year contract. I know Dell is giving students a free Android tablet with the purchase of select laptops.
    and they’re likely not happy there. how much are Apple making with their ipads when all I hear about are tablets nowadays, no one talks about ipad anymore.

On top of this.... some schools are dropping iPads or steering clear of them in favor of Chrome Books. One of my regional school districts just bought 3,700 Chrome Book laptops and 380 Microsoft Surface tablets.

So.... Apple is certainly happy with the profits. Happy with everything else? That's very debatable.
    except I didn’t say that MS aren’t happy overall, please get that through and please learn contexts and analogies.

you may not realize it but you're actually agreeing with me with your last comment.
    Last edited by Omar; 08-20-2014 at 15:43.

Thread Information