Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Vapour vs Combustion

Do we have any smokers that have converted from combustion smoking to vapour intake?

Seems that vape is becoming more and more commonplace with both tobacco and other vape-able substances.

Until a few months ago I never thought I'd make the switch but since getting my MFLB I haven't looked back. I craze a combustion evening every now and again as it is easier for social situations but 9 times out of 10 it's my Magic flight launch box that gets my love.

Wish I could say it was initially for the health reasons but I wasn't. But now I'm glad I've not used tobacco in several months now

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Vapour vs Combustion

I've just hit a year tobacco free was on a 20 a day habit, mainly roll ups.

Have been vaping on and off since packing up and think it's fantastic. I use JAC products ( http://www.jacvapour.com ) and they've been brilliant, the tanks are great, plenty of vapour and the throat hit is spot on. I went for the 650mah batteries so pretty much last all day on a full charge with the variable voltage for better throat hit or more vapour.

I used to have menthol tips in the roll ups so naturally went for the menthol juice and it gives a nice minty kick, almost like the first few chews on a airwaves chewing gum, haven't looked back since. Sometimes I still crave a proper/real smoke now and again but would feel I'd let myself down if I started again and worried 1 would lead to another so haven't touched one.

Feel a hell of a lot better for it and even picked up my athletics again so been doing abit of training for that for a 10k race I signed up to for near Christmas.

I'd smoked for over 10 years so pleased with what I've accomplished so far having gone a complete year with none. Probably couldn't have done it without the E-Cig though

My main reason for packing up was because I didn't realise how expensive it had gotten! Whenever I go on holiday I stock up with acouple of kilos of tobacco which lasts me a year or more. I'd ran out so headed to the shops to find a 50gram pouch almost 20!! Eeerm no thank you I'll leave it! And that's where it all started. I'd already began cutting back due to a gaming tournament run on the site last year and it was frustrating me going to the back door for a smoke so that had a bearing packing up as well.

Best decision I've made in a long while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 08-18-2014 at 12:10.

3. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Nice work man! Fortunately I've never had a hard core nicotine addiction so a 25g pouch of GV would last me several weeks but I even complained about buying that

I definitely feel much better for not having proper smoke down my lungs. I have the occasional dijiridoob once every now and then but I already feel so much better than I did several months ago. I can only begin to imagine how I'll feel in a year or so. I no longer get that heavy feeling on my chest.

Or smell of some. Win win.

5. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Veteran

Vapour vs Combustion

yeah I couldn't believe how much the prices have shot up from when I started smoking to packing up. With doing a fair bit of travelling it wasn't very often I'd buy them in the uk so when I was used to getting 500gram abroad for 30 to finding out here it was 20 for 50gram I about passed out

I can only echo what you've said about the chest. Sometimes I'd wake up wheezing and spluttering in the morning or have stinging eyes etc. I don't really think I realised how much smoking was effecting me until I'd packed up and started to see the benefits from not smoking.

The wife doesn't smoke so she could always smell it more than me, it's strange how when it's you smoking you don't notice it but when it's someone else near you it really makes you realise how bad it actually is. I don't mind the smell while someone is having a smoke but it's the lingering smell afew moments after that's a lot worse than I used to think.

Went for a 7 mile run over the weekend and to be honest, never felt so good. As daft as it sounds, breathing just feels so much more clearer and I'm not clogged up with crap all the time.

Glad you're feeling the benefits, keep up the good work

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Glad to hear the pair of you getting off the nasty habit. I've had a few people I've known die from Lung Cancer when I was pretty young (before the age of 10) and also a few others friends smoking (while at college) and it put me off for good. The smell and the cancer was just an instant turn-off and I can gladly say that I have never ever put a single one remotely close to my lips. The tar staying in your lungs for up to around 2-3 years after you've stopped your last fag is also quite disheartening. It's great to see you getting up and running though Gazza and I bet the difference between now and then is massive!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Glad to hear the pair of you getting off the nasty habit. I've had a few people I've known die from Lung Cancer when I was pretty young (before the age of 10) and also a few others friends smoking (while at college) and it put me off for good. The smell and the cancer was just an instant turn-off and I can gladly say that I have never ever put a single one remotely close to my lips. The tar staying in your lungs for up to around 2-3 years after you've stopped your last fag is also quite disheartening. It's great to see you getting up and running though Gazza and I bet the difference between now and then is massive!
    It's unbelievable to be fair mate, like I said I didn't realise the damage until I packed up and started getting fit again and having signed up to this run it gives me abit of an incentive as well.

I keep an eye on the non smoking timelines which shows approximate recovery times in days, weeks, months and years and it's reassuring when what you read you can relate to it.

As I still use the e-cig now and again I know I'm not completely 100% nicotine free but over time I've been reducing the strength of the e-liquid I've been buying and currently on 0.2% so virtually nothing but I've kinda got hooked to the flavours they offer

All I know is there has been a vast improvement in myself with the e-cig and I'm feeling much better for it as well as enjoy it more which is a win win IMO

Plus I don't freeze my ass off outdoors no more and can relax in the comfort of my home and have a vape

Elite Sage
    Yeah I think that has been my friends biggest praise. They don't feel anti social when we go out any more as they just vape inside knowing that they now make the place smell nice rather than an ashtray

Super Elite
    I've been smoking now for 12 years. I gave up for 8 months when I was 23. Due to stress I picked up the nasty habit again.
    It was funny because when I drank alcohol I didn't even feel the need to smoke anymore, it was more when I was sober lol.

I gave up with nicotine patches and inhalator. I used to get terrible nightmares with the patches as well lmao.

I feel ready soon enough to quit again, but I need to learn how to take my attention off smoking and find something to occupy my mind, instead of thinking inside fag, fag, fag lol.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I've been smoking for 18 years. I quit once for a year and then started again. I quit again for 2 years and started again in May.

I find that the biggest difficulty is to not start again. Always started with a cig when I was drunk and 2 months later I ended up with a pack.

I plan on quitting again 1st September and this time I will not touch a cigarette at all.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I quit smoking before these things became a big deal, now they are everywhere, even got a shop in my little town.
    Quitting smoking for me was easy, I went virtually cold turkey, I lasted 2 weeks then had one cig then that was it not had one since that was about 2006 I think.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-23-2014 at 15:25.

Thread Information