Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Star Citizen FPS, exploration and racing modules shown off at Gamescom

Roberts Space Industries has teased Star Citizen racing and first-person shooting during its Gamescom livestream on Saturday. Embedded below, the racing video is generous enough, providing a pretty solid idea of where the team is headed. Meanwhile the first-person shooting module remains a bit of a mystery, with the fairly unhelpful video below revealing little except that more will be shown at PAX Australia in November.
    Nexuiz studio Illfonic will work on the first-person shooting module. Originally limited to scenarios on board enemy ships, planet-side FPS combat has also been confirmed as part of a stretch goal, though it may roll out considerably later than the game proper. On that topic, planet-side exploration has also been teased in a trailer below, with landing and land vehicle deployment demonstrated.
    Racing will be added during the v 0.9 update and looks like an arcade-y respite from Star Citizen's otherwise serious simulator aspirations. Check out all the videos below.
    Racing:

Planet exploration:

FPS teaser:

Source
    This game is really starting to get adventurous. I really hope it can deliver for all of the KickStarters' sakes, and you Varsh!

Between this, Elite: Dangerous and No Mans Sky, it's a good time for the space genre.

Superior Member
    These space games take up lot of time, I just don't think I'll have the time for all 3 of them!

Star Citizen looks incredible, Elite: Dangerous is fun and also promises a lot of what Star Citizen does only on a much larger scale. And No Man's Sky I can see myself getting totally lost in the exploration and beauty of the universe.

I love that the Space Genre is making a comeback in a big way and can't wait until these games are released. Some of the big publishers might start rethinking their strategy of same game every year when they realise how big this genre is.

Maybe after all of this we'll get a similar game set in the Star Wars universe...drool!!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    These space games take up lot of time, I just don't think I'll have the time for all 3 of them!

Star Citizen looks incredible, Elite: Dangerous is fun and also promises a lot of what Star Citizen does only on a much larger scale. And No Man's Sky I can see myself getting totally lost in the exploration and beauty of the universe.

I love that the Space Genre is making a comeback in a big way and can't wait until these games are released. Some of the big publishers might start rethinking their strategy of same game every year when they realise how big this genre is.

Maybe after all of this we'll get a similar game set in the Star Wars universe...drool!!
    Oh, yes.

I certainly wouldn't mind a new X-wing and Tie-Fighter games.
    It was incredibly refreshing to have starwars game without those bloody Jedis ruining it for everyone. (IMHO, Jedi are the weak point of most games/movies set to the universe.)
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Thread Information