Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    15,770 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Naughty Dog Appreciation Thread (PlayStation's Premier Developer)



    I couldn't resist creating a thread dedicated to my favorite PlayStation developer. I love Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, the Uncharted series and even The Last of Us as a farewell to the PS3. I did enjoy Crash Bandicoot but never finished it.

    Even though this thread will encompass discussions for both old and new titles, I felt it necessary to post it in our PlayStation Legacy forum. That's kind of what it's all about. So feel free to discuss your favorite Naughty Dog moments and anything else regarding the developer here!

    Just to clarify, this is a general discussion thread. It's not meant to redirect news for Uncharted 4 from the PlayStation 4 Games forum.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-21-2014 at 04:11.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  2. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
  3. #2
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,959
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    217,591 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Probably one of the only companies that has never changed it's logo all the time it's been making games lol!

    Not really been a fan of Naughty Dog games but since I have played the last of us they are now one of my favourite developers! I am really hoping they shall remaster the Uncharted series as I have never played one but if they decided against that I shall just wait until the come onto the PS Now service!

    They certainly deserve massive credit for TLOU, has to be the best story telling in a game I have ever played! Plus I do enjoy apocalypse games, TV programs and films etc this game was right up my street and a nice take on a new disease that has not been seen in anything before let alone a game! I am in my second playthrough and still enjoying it probably even more than the first because I picked up a few trophies which can make the game a little longer than it usually would be just playing straight through it! You can see why it achieved so many game of the year awards when it was first released on the PS3 and definitely the game of the last generation!

    Good idea for a thread Slime
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  4. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
  5. #3
    Apprentice
    MajorCynik_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Norfolk, UK.
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Age
    37
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    1,693 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Not really been a fan of Naughty Dog games but since I have played the last of us they are now one of my favourite developers! I am really hoping they shall remaster the Uncharted series as I have never played one but if they decided against that I shall just wait until the come onto the PS Now service!
    My thoughts exactly, well said. Interested in Uncharted for sure, having missed those too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    They certainly deserve massive credit for TLOU, has to be the best story telling in a game I have ever played!
    Massive credit indeed I would go so far to say it is the best game i've ever played. Never had as much emotional investment in a game as i have playing TLoU (and Left Behind). Made my hairs stand up a lot more than once, i've even been daydreaming about it a fair bit since i started playing TLoU Remastered. If you can ever love a game then I love TLoU

  6. Likes Duffman likes this post
  7. #4
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,139
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    113,191 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    They should appreciate me for buying all their games! Especially, TLOU with 3 copies!







  8. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
  9. #5
    Apprentice
    MajorCynik_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Norfolk, UK.
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Age
    37
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    1,693 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    ...Especially, TLOU with 3 copies!
    3 copies? I can understand 2 (PS3 and PS4), why the 3rd?

  10. #6
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,139
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    113,191 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    3 copies? I can understand 2 (PS3 and PS4), why the 3rd?
    I gave a copy to a friend.







  11. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
  12. #7
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,959
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    217,591 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    3 copies? I can understand 2 (PS3 and PS4), why the 3rd?
    Just in case one goes missing maybe lol
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  13. #8
    Apprentice
    MajorCynik_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Norfolk, UK.
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Age
    37
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    1,693 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I gave a copy to a friend.
    What a generous friend you are. That's a little good karma your way

  14. #9
    Apprentice
    Vichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Age
    21
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    957 (0 Banked)
    Items The Beatles
    Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us are two of my favourite games of all time. Long live Naughty Dog!

  15. #10
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,959
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    217,591 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Can't wait to see what they do with Uncharted 4, hopefully we can get some gameplay video's soon
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  16. #11
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    15,770 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Probably one of the only companies that has never changed it's logo all the time it's been making games lol!

    Not really been a fan of Naughty Dog games but since I have played the last of us they are now one of my favourite developers! I am really hoping they shall remaster the Uncharted series as I have never played one but if they decided against that I shall just wait until the come onto the PS Now service!

    They certainly deserve massive credit for TLOU, has to be the best story telling in a game I have ever played! Plus I do enjoy apocalypse games, TV programs and films etc this game was right up my street and a nice take on a new disease that has not been seen in anything before let alone a game! I am in my second playthrough and still enjoying it probably even more than the first because I picked up a few trophies which can make the game a little longer than it usually would be just playing straight through it! You can see why it achieved so many game of the year awards when it was first released on the PS3 and definitely the game of the last generation!

    Good idea for a thread Slime
    Thanks! Yeah, they certainly got a lot of love for The Last of Us. Personally, I hope they continue their tradition of introducing a new IP every generation. It's always interesting to see what their next big idea will be.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  17. #12
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,236 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Played Crash, Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us. Can't wait for their next project. I hope they prosper for many more generations.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  18. #13
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,354
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    28,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    They should appreciate me for buying all their games! Especially, TLOU with 3 copies!
    I bought three copies of Uncharted 2.

  19. #14
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,959
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    217,591 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Do we all think we will see a Last of Us 2?
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  20. #15
    Apprentice
    Vaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Posts
    357
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    6,832 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Do we all think we will see a Last of Us 2?
    Yeah I think we will. ND is losing their biggest source of money with Uncharted. Game devs gotta eat too ^^


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #16
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,959
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    217,591 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    So do I, reckon it will feature Ellie as a grown up though and not Joel, he will probably be an old man by then lol
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  22. #17
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    15,770 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If I remember correctly, Naughty Dog did say that if they were to develop a sequel, they wouldn't continue with Joel or Ellie.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-25-2014 at 03:53.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  23. #18
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,236 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    How about they do something totally new, instead of TLOU 2?

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  24. #19
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    15,770 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would like to see a new IP but I don't mind them sticking to the action-adventure genre. Naughty Dog probably won't go back to making another platformer like Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter anytime soon. I know there was a rumor about them maybe developing a sci-fi/space-themed video game.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  25. #20
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,354
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    28,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    Yeah I think we will. ND is losing their biggest source of money with Uncharted. Game devs gotta eat too ^^


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...emm...they are working on Uncharted 4 which is set to release on the PS4 sometime next year...

  26. #21
    Apprentice
    Kingstoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    1,857 (0 Banked)
    Items DoomVita
    Great Dev, and im still foolishly holding onto the dream of a Chloe Frazer Spin-Off

    The King has Returned

  27. Likes Vichael likes this post
  28. #22
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    15,770 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Any fans of the Jak & Daxter games?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  29. #23
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,424
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    46,259 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    So do I, reckon it will feature Ellie as a grown up though and not Joel, he will probably be an old man by then lol
    Maybe they will reverse it so you play as Ellie and Joel will occasionally beat someone with his cane.

  30. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
  31. #24
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    15,220 (0 Banked)
    CB Warped is probably their game that i enjoyed the most (then again i used to enjoy gaming a lot more in the 90s). Their current day cinematic adventures are good, even quite good, but somewhere i feel that they do get a bit overhyped on ps forums and yt comment sections.

  32. #25
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,248
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,864 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    CB Warped is probably their game that i enjoyed the most (then again i used to enjoy gaming a lot more in the 90s). Their current day cinematic adventures are good, even quite good, but somewhere i feel that they do get a bit overhyped on ps forums and yt comment sections.
    you're right, they are overly hyped on the ps forums, publications, magazines, E3 award committee, editors, gamers everywhere, and other developers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.