Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    How DARE this business prioritize getting paid? HOW DARE THEY?!!!...

No Playstation owner is gonna buy their game when it comes to PS4 after this stunt, you mark my words! NOT A SINGLE ONE!...

2. Likes darky89 , Wrath likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Yeah, because they owe you right? Seriously, it's a business decision and nothing more. If you were given a bunch of money (and we're talking full-sized cash containers) you'd do the same thing. Yes, money does that to people and the videogame industry is certainly not the only one doing it.

If you want the game early, get an Xbox. If not, wait for the inevitable ultimate edition for all other platforms. It's so simple.

Enough with the entitlement.

And just to clarify: it's not the developer's decision but the publisher's.
    It's a shame that you're okay with multiplatform games becoming timed exclusives, regardless of the platform. Your response to people who criticize companies is always the same in that the consumer is wrong and needs to shut up. You hate entitled gamers but if you bought the previous game which ended up being successful and/or the current-gen remaster then you shouldn't have to wait longer for the sequel.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:19.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

4. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Not much potential since its cross platform and the game would be limited in potential.Making both 360 and xbox one versions of Tomb Raider so in the end the only reason is money.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Here's how you do that:

1) don't make it cross generational. (yay for gen 7.5 games!)
    2) don't $#@! all over your loyal community with slimey exclusivity deals/announcements
    3) don't do #2 on a system that has received mostly inferior versions of 3rd party titles

TR wasn't especially on my radar and would probably got it via a far future PS+ freebie but CD can $#@! off for this crap. They and the TR brand lost BIG brownie points in my book. I'll wait for the proper next gen TR game.
    This a thousand times. I got to play TR reboot on PS+ and would have gladly bought their next installment. A true nextgen title no less. How do they expect their fans to have the same purchase intent for a crossgen title in 2016?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Dedicated Member
    I don't think they are trying to control the damage with bs. The publisher might be under nda right now to not reveal the timing of the timed exclusivity deal. And i don't look at this like some passionate fans are seeing it. I think it's standard business practice, they might have been getting a monetary deal that would've been too good to pass. They are a business first and foremost, of course money is more valuable to them than fan emotions.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Crystal Dynamics tries again to control the damage of timed exclusivity with ...

Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    It's a shame that you're okay with multiplatform games becoming timed exclusives, regardless of the platform. Your response to people who criticize companies is always the same in that the consumer is wrong and needs to shut up. You hate entitled gamers but if you bought the previous game which ended up being successful and/or the current-gen remaster then you shouldn't have to wait longer for the sequel.
    You are right in that I hate entitled gamers. They are some of the most annoying human beings I have ever come across. Just scroll through some comments of gaming-related YouTube videos and you'll see their never ending complaints.

What many don't understand is that developers are like you and me - they're coders, level designers, producers, whatever. Such exclusivity deals do not come from the people creating the games, they come from some smart ass at the head office that only sees the numbers. But that's what it is - as I said you'd do the same if MS offered you $50 million dollars for GTA timed exclusivity. And yes, it was that much.

I hate how people think because Tomb Raider started on PS1 it must be released on that platform forever. Resident Evil went from PS to Nintendo once, Monster Hunter from PSP to Nintendo DS, and it just so happens that Tomb Raider will be released on Xbox first. Big deal.

Publishers are not your friends, they don't owe you anything. They provide a service and that's it. Just like every other business out there. In the end, it is always comes down to money and nobody is forcing you to support a business if you don't agree with their values.

You make your own decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wrath; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:47.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Cant say as I would lay money down for it personally.
    There are few games I would to be honest.
    Its more a of a collective approach for me, its not about the one, but the sum.

Currently the sum ain't a great total on any of these next gen machines.
    That's more or less how I see it. But to me, it would be something like a 'trigger' that gain me access to the 'collective'.

E.g. Depending on how it ends up, Quantum Break would be the 'trigger' to get me to buy one. And as a result, have access to the rest of the titles I haven't played (e,g. Dead Rising, Ryse, etc).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    That's more or less how I see it. But to me, it would be something like a 'trigger' that gain me access to the 'collective'.

E.g. Depending on how it ends up, Quantum Break would be the 'trigger' to get me to buy one. And as a result, have access to the rest of the titles I haven't played (e,g. Dead Rising, Ryse, etc).
    Yeah I totally get that.
    Im waiting on a lot reviews before I make any decisions on anything.
    That and money.

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post

Yeah QB is definitely enticing me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Items Bruce Lee
    Please can they just say they were offered bags of money and cut the PR talk.
    May I have your attention please?
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    The reaction on their own blog is amazing at the moment, they are tasting the fan rage and that is definitely bitter. I am quite enjoying the reaction.

HTC One X cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

15. Likes zex494, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalHugging View Post
    Seriously. Something like...

"Thanks for your concerns. Truth be told....we were in the $#@!. Couldn't pay anyone. The electricity was turned off which is makes it hard to program. And most importantly, our kegerator was busted and we couldn't pay to fix it.

Phil Spencer personally drove to my office and dumped a gazzilion dollars on my desk. And he brought hookers with him. What would you do?"

I should be in PR.

My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm buying it used if they ever decide to bring it to the ps4.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage

Crystal Dynamics tries again to control the damage of timed exclusivity with ...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

"Thanks for your concerns. Truth be told....we were in the $#@!. Couldn't pay anyone. The electricity was turned off which is makes it hard to program. And most importantly, our kegerator was busted and we couldn't pay to fix it.

Phil Spencer personally drove to my office and dumped a gazzilion dollars on my desk. And he brought hookers with him. What would you do?"

I should be in PR.

Too much truth and not enough beating around the bush. You'd be a failure in PR.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    This is one hot mess. So sad, just when Tomb Raider was getting cool again.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Sage
    This. Don't forget how much trouble SE was in when TR did not make enough money.
    Rather delayed game than no game at all for all of you who loved the first one (I personally thought the games was just "ok").
    There's no saving ass for them. They didn't need the money in order to develop the game.

By the end of this month we will surpass 6 million units[6.5m as of june 2014] for our Tomb Raider reboot, and, having achieved profitability back in 2013 Tomb Raider has exceeded profit expectations and continues to make significant contributions to our overall financial performance.
    http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/78...tudios-darrell
    I am also excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel – something you may have heard about recently!
    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

That was announced in Aug 2013. Well into development would mean at least a few months into development.

I understand why they did it. Money;business. The gamer in me just doesn't give a $#@!.

edit: And the budget for the sequel...
    "We don't talk about our budgets... it's a well financed game. We're not spending any more on a sequel than on the original game."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-development/
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:56.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

21. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalHugging View Post
    That's pretty apaprent without being directly said.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah QB is definitely enticing me.
    Looks good. Will wiat on more but definitely proimsing.

Yeah I totally get that.
    Im waiting on a lot reviews before I make any decisions on anything.
    That and money
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

I should be in PR.

We can't be mad at them if this is what happened. Seriously, who wouldn't turn THAT down?

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    There's no saving ass for them. They didn't need the money in order to develop the game.

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/78...tudios-darrell
    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

That was announced in Aug 2013. Well into development would mean at least a few months into development.

I understand why they did it. Money;business. The gamer in me just doesn't give a $#@!.

edit: And the budget for the sequel...
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-development/
    But as a business; who wouldn't turn down more money?

Especially if MS said make it exclusive for X amount of time here's X tens of millions of $$ and you can still get $$ from sales for when it's released on PS4 without having to deal with Uncharted?

I'm just glad it's timed and I can play it.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Sage
    I already understand that, Admartian. I also said that the gamer in me doesn't care about those reasons. Especially given that the game didn't need extra funding.

edit:
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 3 Weeks Ago at 00:44.

Master Sage
    You are right in that I hate entitled gamers. They are some of the most annoying human beings I have ever come across. Just scroll through some comments of gaming-related YouTube videos and you'll see their never ending complaints.

What many don't understand is that developers are like you and me - they're coders, level designers, producers, whatever. Such exclusivity deals do not come from the people creating the games, they come from some smart ass at the head office that only sees the numbers. But that's what it is - as I said you'd do the same if MS offered you $50 million dollars for GTA timed exclusivity. And yes, it was that much.

I hate how people think because Tomb Raider started on PS1 it must be released on that platform forever. Resident Evil went from PS to Nintendo once, Monster Hunter from PSP to Nintendo DS, and it just so happens that Tomb Raider will be released on Xbox first. Big deal.

Publishers are not your friends, they don't owe you anything. They provide a service and that's it. Just like every other business out there. In the end, it is always comes down to money and nobody is forcing you to support a business if you don't agree with their values.

You make your own decision.
    Yea, but you are just not passionate about that particular game. (Neither am I). But if it were something I really liked like if Warhawk somehow went Multiplatform and MS paid to delay it on my platform, i'd be super pissed, no doubt you would be too if it were something you really liked.

The real problem here is once you boil it all down MS paid to delay a game that is it. They aren't doing it to support gaming or gamers or even offer anything to those who pick it up on their platform. Money was simply handed to delay it. Bit of a jerk move don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher
    And he brought hookers
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK...
    not enough beating around the bush

Hmmmm
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:13.

25. Likes Sylar , Christopher likes this post
    Master Guru
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you want to play Tomb Raider you should just buy an Xbox One. This is just competition and it's a good thing. I would hate to see the day there are no more exclusives. Plus it's timed exclusive. So PS4 owners will get to play it eventually.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you want to play Tomb Raider you should just buy an Xbox One. This is just competition and it's a good thing. I would hate to see the day there are no more exclusives. Plus it's timed exclusive. So PS4 owners will get to play it eventually.
    I would be more inspired to buy an X1 based on Microsoft developing their own games rather than paying to keep games off of other systems. This isn't about genuine exclusives and it isn't good for gamers. Sure...it is business. That much is fine. I don't own stock in any of these companies so why would I care about that?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Yea, but you are just not passionate about that particular game. (Neither am I). But if it were something I really liked like if Warhawk somehow went Multiplatform and MS paid to delay it on my platform, i'd be super pissed, no doubt you would be too if it were something you really liked.

The real problem here is once you boil it all down MS paid to delay a game that is it. They aren't doing it to support gaming or gamers or even offer anything to those who pick it up on their platform. Money was simply handed to delay it. Bit of a jerk move don't you think?

Hmmmm
    Remember when they did that with FFXIII? And the PS3 version was already done..
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Nah, competition is about trying to better your competition, one upping them, showing them something they can do better and getting the other to respond in kind. This isn't competition, this is MS flashing money cause the big wigs appear to be only allowing short term expenditure rather than long term expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    Remember when they did that with FFXIII? And the PS3 version was already done..
    FFXIII was probably the worst game I had bought last gen. Huge fan of all the previous ones but FFXIII may as well not have the FF name attached IMO. Think they will turn it around this gen though as they are taking inspiration from the Kingdom Hearts series more than what they think Americans want.

30. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Sage
    You need to give people more credit. Most of the criticism / complaints leveled at CD have been fair. Just because your outlook on the entire thing is the same old doesn't change that; even the media was questioning the benefits of this deal for all parties involved.

I haven't seen anyone say that. If you don't know, the last Tomb Raider was released on all platforms and there was no complaining.

You're not saying anything new. It still would have been a business decision had they not taken the deal and released on ALL platforms. They have customers on PlayStation / PC as well.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You need to give people more credit. Most of the criticism / complaints leveled at CD have been fair. Just because your outlook on the entire thing is the same old doesn't change that; even the media was questioning the benefits of this deal for all parties involved.

I haven't seen anyone say that. If you don't know, the last Tomb Raider was released on all platforms and there was no complaining.

You're not saying anything new. It still would have been a business decision had they not taken the deal and released on ALL platforms. They have customers on PlayStation / PC as well.
    The gaming media is the equivalent to Fox News - it can't be taken seriously. If anything, it's more like a soap opera that likes to take things out of proportion.

And again, the decision to release the game on other platforms first wasn't just made overnight (and certainly not to piss off others). There was money involved (and lots of it since MS is behind it) and the investors seemed to think it'd make financial sense in the long run. That's maths for you.

Just look at the $50 million dollars spent for GTA exclusivity not too long ago. It didn't hurt the franchise as a whole and still greatly benefited the publisher. It was a win-win situation for them. So why not take it?

You can tell me all you want but if someone offered you that sort of money you'd be the first to sign the contract...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wrath; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:20.

Thread Information