Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Metro Redux (2033 & Last Light)

Gonna get this game from the US PSN. But I can't see it for preorder. I presume this is available digitally and will just be available at midnight?

Anyone else getting this?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Metro is in my top 3 favorite new IPs from last gen so i highly recommend the purchase.

Friendship is Carrots
    I've plated the first Metro. It's fantastic. Ignore games like Killzone or Halo or whatever else. Metro is the real shooter experience.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Currently playing through last light - i say "currently"; i've only managed to walk to the office with the bearded guy -

But it is a very slick FPS, the atmosphere in the opening sequence alone totally draws you in. here's hoping i can get some time to sit down with it for a little while longer!

Tried to run 2033 first for continuities sake.....it crashes on start-up (im playing on PC, redux has to be a rip off for PC players surely! ) "Fixes" involve buggering around with drivers and essential files....so not going there.

Also ad, don't JB Hi Fi have it for release in like 2 days?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Guru
    Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to getting Metro Redux for the PS4. I love this franchise.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Currently playing through last light - i say "currently"; i've only managed to walk to the office with the bearded guy -

But it is a very slick FPS, the atmosphere in the opening sequence alone totally draws you in. here's hoping i can get some time to sit down with it for a little while longer!

Tried to run 2033 first for continuities sake.....it crashes on start-up (im playing on PC, redux has to be a rip off for PC players surely! ) "Fixes" involve buggering around with drivers and essential files....so not going there.

Also ad, don't JB Hi Fi have it for release in like 2 days?
    Yeah but it's gonna be cheaper from us psn. Plus I don't know any store that breaks street dates anymore.

So no word on us psn availability?

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Yeah but it's gonna be cheaper from us psn. Plus I don't know any store that breaks street dates anymore.

So no word on us psn availability?
    From what i hear the game has no preloading but will be available on PSN. I couldnt find confirmation of this info.

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Should have this game by the end of the week and as I have never played it before it shall be new to me so looking forward to it! Thanks to Hellsjester with the recommendation
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Should have this game by the end of the week and as I have never played it before it shall be new to me so looking forward to it! Thanks to Hellsjester with the recommendation

11. Likes Admartian , Duffman likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Just pre-ordered this game, will only get it next week though :/

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Buying this on Friday! Can't wait to play. Never got around to playing Last Light on ps3

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    It's out digitally now.

Can't wait.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Yeah just spotted it as well, and it's as expensive as supposed lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Buy them both separate and you will save 1 penny

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Dedicated Member

I haven't run into any problems with 2033 Redux on the PC. Works great and performs great as well.

But I don't have the CODEX version....

NOTE TO PC PLAYERS!!

Physx support is DISABLED by default. To turn it on you have to go into the Gameplay options, not the Graphics options.

And you'll want that Physx turned on...

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I haven't run into any problems with 2033 Redux on the PC. Works great and performs great as well.

NOTE TO PC PLAYERS!!

Physx support is DISABLED by default. To turn it on you have to go into the Gameplay options, not the Graphics options.

And you'll want that Physx turned on...
    Is Physx only on the PC version then?
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

NOTE TO PC PLAYERS!!

Well, got them off a steam sale a while back just never played them.....All this talk about reduxing i figured i might as well give it a try. Old Metro 2033 does not want to be played it would seem :/

If im being honest, this is one of the few games where PhysX has little effect visually. When your out in the world, you seldom care how nice stuff looks, you only know it looks good during those brief moments of respite where you aren't surviving, and scrambling for your life....if you're wearing earbuds/phones, the sound makes this game 10x better, more-so than PhysX.

If you are a playing this on PS4, rig a long ass headphone lead all the way to your TV screen! You won't be disappointed! The echoes of every critter around you, their footsteps, far off moans and groans, gunshots.....it's an attack on your senses. You will be alerted to enemy attacks when "birds" take flight behind you. You'll question weather the heavy footsteps you hear behind you are from something in another room, or indeed, right behind you! The sound work is top notch in Last Light!

Just spent the afternoon playing through it...i have to ask myself why i never played this before!?

Just got done with the swamp mission....I AM EXHAUSTED!!! it constantly has you on edge!

It also doesn't hold your hand. I like that it introduces new beasties while your being ravaged by the old beasties you've yet to figure out a decent way to kill 5 hours in! Then there's managing your oxygen when you're out of the metro, and managing your bullet spray with enemies who attack you like something out of street fighter. They hold no punches!

Best FPS i've played by far.....and i hate the FPS genre!

You wont miss it

Just do what i said with the headphone leads
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member

That is correct. The Advanced Physx in the Metro games only works with Nvidia GPUs. Nvidia owns Physx.

If im being honest, this is one of the few games where PhysX has little effect visually. When your out in the world, you seldom care how nice stuff looks, you only know it looks good during those brief moments of respite where you aren't surviving, and scrambling for your life....
    DO WHAT?

Have you even played the game with Physx turned on? Did you even watch the video?

The vast majority of Physx improvements happen during gunfights. Are you seriously going to try to say you don't notice the moving smoke, particle effects, debris that accurately bounces off of walls and other objects and clutters the floor while in a firefight?

You honestly don't see any difference?

if you're wearing earbuds/phones, the sound makes this game 10x better, more-so than PhysX.
    Why would I want to be limited by cheap earbuds/headphones that are limited in the sound ranges they can produce by their tiny speakers and only produce stereo when I've got a full 500+watt 5.1 surround sound system for my PC?

You're not experiencing the sound unless you can FEEL it.

If you can't tell if the footsteps are in front of you or behind you and you can't feel the thump of a good explosion or shotgun blast then you're missing out on half the experience the sound offers. (As well as missing out on the far better graphics).

IMO you have a seriously compromised gaming experience. Reduced quality graphics and reduced quality sound. Not the way I want to play.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Let me preface this post with this.....what's with the attitude?
    DO WHAT?

Have you even played the game with Physx turned on? Did you even watch the video?

The vast majority of Physx improvements happen during gunfights. Are you seriously going to try to say you don't notice the moving smoke, particle effects, debris that accurately bounces off of walls and other objects and clutters the floor while in a firefight?

You honestly don't see any difference?
    Yes, i'm currently playing it through with everything maxed bar tessellation, which i have set to normal. Therefore, i don't need to watch the video.

Secondly, i'm busy playing the game, not looking for what PhysX is doing to the bullets that miss what im shooting at. I really couldn't care how many pebbles that particular rock face produces when im getting mauled by 4 shrimps.

The PhysX in Metro isn't as 'in-your-face' as something like Borderlands, or Warframe, where physX is purposefully used for effect. The PhysX in Metro merely serves to create subtlety.

Run the batman Arkham City benchmark and look at how PhysX is used in that, and compare it to how minimal the effect is in Metro.

Why would I want to be limited by cheap earbuds/headphones that are limited in the sound ranges they can produce by their tiny speakers and only produce stereo when I've got a full 500+watt 5.1 surround sound system for my PC?

You're not experiencing the sound unless you can FEEL it.

If you can't tell if the footsteps are in front of you or behind you and you can't feel the thump of a good explosion or shotgun blast then you're missing out on half the experience the sound offers. (As well as missing out on the far better graphics).
    I don't "feel" sound in real life (pedantic physicists go away ), i hear it. therefore, the earbuds suffice.

Put on a pair of el cheapo earphones and watch the vid. Tell me you can't determine direction from the stereo audio.

That's about as far as im going to humour this discussion btw.....point in case:
    IMO you have a seriously compromised gaming experience. Reduced quality graphics and reduced quality sound. Not the way I want to play.
    You didn't even establish how i play, or with what settings. Yet felt so obliged to make sweeping statements about my set-up, fix the attitude.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information