Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,523
    Rep Power
    80
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

    Epic Games says Fable Legends use of UE4 is shocking.


    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  2. #2
    Community and Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,987
    Rep Power
    117
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Fable 2 was one of my favorite games last gen. I really hope they can get that magic back.








  3. #3
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    753
    Rep Power
    0
    They have been downward trend for a while... Not expecting much at this point. They will have to win back their reputation.

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Captncoke49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Frederick,MD
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Age
    34
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Fable 2 was one of my favorite games last gen. I really hope they can get that magic back.
    I loved the first Fable. I didn't get a chance to play Fable 2 because I didn't have a 360 but from what I saw at a friends I wasn't impressed. From what I remember, it was very different from the first. My friend shared the same sentiment.

    Hopefully this one will be better.
    Last edited by Captncoke49; 08-26-2014 at 04:12.

  5. #5
    Community and Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,987
    Rep Power
    117
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Captncoke49 View Post
    I loved the first Fable. I didn't get a chance to play Fable 2 because I didn't have a 360 but from what I saw at a friends I wasn't impressed. From what I remember, it was very different from the first. My friend shared the same sentiment.

    Hopefully this one will be better.
    I don't remember thinking Fable 2 was difficult. Some of the skirmishes were repetitive because after venturing around the world a few times, you knew exactly when and where you are going to get attacked because it was always the same dudes in the same place. That was kinda annoying, but really wasn't hard. The side quests and activities were as much fun as the main quest to me. Just a ton to do.

    I skipped Fable 3. My son played it and thought it was horrible. Haven't heard much good about the Fable series since 2 so yeah, this is one franchise I'm rooting for.








  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Captncoke49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Frederick,MD
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Age
    34
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I don't remember thinking Fable 2 was difficult. Some of the skirmishes were repetitive because after venturing around the world a few times, you knew exactly when and where you are going to get attacked because it was always the same dudes in the same place. That was kinda annoying, but really wasn't hard. The side quests and activities were as much fun as the main quest to me. Just a ton to do.

    I skipped Fable 3. My son played it and thought it was horrible. Haven't heard much good about the Fable series since 2 so yeah, this is one franchise I'm rooting for.
    Damn, Fable 3 is what I was thinking of that was terrible, but 2 was just ok from what I saw compared to 1.

  7. #7
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    23
    The legend that is Fable is tarnished, good luck foisting old IP's on the new generation, it's been that long.
    You can lead a Donkey to water, but you can't make him drink.

  8. #8
    Forum Elder
    Venger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    79
    Items User name style
    I come from a British background, so the use of the word shocking is amusing. I assume here they mean impressive, but in British slang shocking is bad.

  9. #9
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,522
    Rep Power
    44
    I've always had a problem with Fable, and that is that there is absolutely no possible way for you to die or fail. All that happens is you fall down, loose a few orbs, then get back up with full health and continue the battle.

    It takes out all of the challenge which takes out all of the fun for me. Why bother putting in enemies if I can wipe them all away with the weakest player using the weakest equipment? I could theoretically beat the final boss the moment I start any Fable game using the default player setup without even looking at the screen if they would let me. It's a game you can't possibly loose a single battle in, which always left me wondering why I bothered to play it.

    The developers may as well turn on God mode and just let the players walk around invincible. It wouldn't change the game or gameplay a bit.

  10. #10
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,744
    Rep Power
    197
    i actually did not think X1 could do UE4...primarily because it was never showed on it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.