Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Epic Games says Fable Legends use of UE4 is shocking.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Fable 2 was one of my favorite games last gen. I really hope they can get that magic back.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member

They have been downward trend for a while... Not expecting much at this point. They will have to win back their reputation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Fable 2 was one of my favorite games last gen. I really hope they can get that magic back.
    I loved the first Fable. I didn't get a chance to play Fable 2 because I didn't have a 360 but from what I saw at a friends I wasn't impressed. From what I remember, it was very different from the first. My friend shared the same sentiment.

Hopefully this one will be better.
    Last edited by Captncoke49; 08-26-2014 at 04:12.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Captncoke49 View Post
    I loved the first Fable. I didn't get a chance to play Fable 2 because I didn't have a 360 but from what I saw at a friends I wasn't impressed. From what I remember, it was very different from the first. My friend shared the same sentiment.

Hopefully this one will be better.
    I don't remember thinking Fable 2 was difficult. Some of the skirmishes were repetitive because after venturing around the world a few times, you knew exactly when and where you are going to get attacked because it was always the same dudes in the same place. That was kinda annoying, but really wasn't hard. The side quests and activities were as much fun as the main quest to me. Just a ton to do.

I skipped Fable 3. My son played it and thought it was horrible. Haven't heard much good about the Fable series since 2 so yeah, this is one franchise I'm rooting for.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I don't remember thinking Fable 2 was difficult. Some of the skirmishes were repetitive because after venturing around the world a few times, you knew exactly when and where you are going to get attacked because it was always the same dudes in the same place. That was kinda annoying, but really wasn't hard. The side quests and activities were as much fun as the main quest to me. Just a ton to do.

I skipped Fable 3. My son played it and thought it was horrible. Haven't heard much good about the Fable series since 2 so yeah, this is one franchise I'm rooting for.
    Damn, Fable 3 is what I was thinking of that was terrible, but 2 was just ok from what I saw compared to 1.

Dedicated Member
    The legend that is Fable is tarnished, good luck foisting old IP's on the new generation, it's been that long.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I come from a British background, so the use of the word shocking is amusing. I assume here they mean impressive, but in British slang shocking is bad.

Elite Member

I've always had a problem with Fable, and that is that there is absolutely no possible way for you to die or fail. All that happens is you fall down, loose a few orbs, then get back up with full health and continue the battle.

It takes out all of the challenge which takes out all of the fun for me. Why bother putting in enemies if I can wipe them all away with the weakest player using the weakest equipment? I could theoretically beat the final boss the moment I start any Fable game using the default player setup without even looking at the screen if they would let me. It's a game you can't possibly loose a single battle in, which always left me wondering why I bothered to play it.

The developers may as well turn on God mode and just let the players walk around invincible. It wouldn't change the game or gameplay a bit.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i actually did not think X1 could do UE4...primarily because it was never showed on it.

Thread Information