Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,203
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    104,712 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

    9-Year-Old Girl Accidently Shoots, Kills Gun Instructor With Uzi



    WARNING - The video at the bottom literally cuts off milliseconds before the incident - WARNING





    A 39-year-old firing-range instructor died Monday night at a hospital after he was accidentally shot in the head by a 9-year-old girl, authorities said.

    Charles Vacca of Lake Havasu City was an instructor at a firing range in White Hills, Arizona, about 60 miles from Las Vegas. According to the Mohave County sheriff’s Office, he was accidentally shot in the head around 10 a.m.

    Vacca had been showing a 9-year-old girl how to fire an automatic Uzi when the accident happened, officials said. The girl pulled the trigger and the gun’s recoil sent it over her head. Vacca was standing next to her when he was shot.

    He was airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas, where he died around 9 p.m., officials said.

    The girl’s parents were with her at the time of the shooting, officials said. According to the Bullets and Burgers website, which organizes tours from Las Vegas to the range, 8 is the minimum age for taking part. The location advertises machine guns, military-style bunkers, and specialty weapons.

    A call to the firing range’s owner was not immediately returned.

    The Mohave County sheriff’s office has released this video of Vacca and the 9-year-old girl at the shooting range moments before the fatal accident.

    Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoern...hoots?bffbnews

    'MURICA.
    Last edited by darky89; 08-27-2014 at 14:39.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  2. #2
    Driveclub Team A Head
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Posts
    7,285
    Rep Power
    38
    Points
    205,952 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    You can just see the point before the accident where the gun starts to recoil towards him, not nice!!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming



  3. #3
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,300
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,731 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i actually feel bad for the girl because now she has to battle with someone's death by her hands...because of his and his parents' fault. seriously...why the $#@! would you give a little girl an Uzi. i can't even control that $#@! in a video game.

  4. #4
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,300
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,731 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    "8 is the minimum age for taking part. The location advertises machine guns, military-style bunkers, and specialty weapons."

    *facepalm*

  5. #5
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,203
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    104,712 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    You can just see the point before the accident where the gun starts to recoil towards him, not nice!!
    Decided to move the warning to the top... before the video instead of after.... duh darky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i actually feel bad for the girl because now she has to battle with someone's death by her hands...because of his and his parents' fault. seriously...why the $#@! would you give a little girl an Uzi. i can't even control that $#@! in a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    "8 is the minimum age for taking part. The location advertises machine guns, military-style bunkers, and specialty weapons."

    *facepalm*
    Ya huh. I don't trust adults with guns, let alone kidz.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  6. #6
    Superior Member
    WaxWeazle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Age
    22
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    8,452 (0 Banked)
    I will never understand this.
    - Kids allowed at the shooting ranges
    - Guns for sale in your average store, easy to get
    - Guns everywhere

    I can't see why they act all surprised that something like this happens, when they literally surround kids with guns.
    Kids shouldn't be around guns, nor the other way around. 'Murica...

    Now the girl has a death on her hands and I assume she's pretty much in shock as well, as she just saw someone die before her eyes as well. The parents should realise that such activities aren't meant to be for kids, let alone the organisation that says '8 year minimum'....

  7. #7
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,367 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Darwinism! I remember a similar things happening at a gun fair a few years back, small 8 year old kid shot an Uzi and the recoil make the gun flip back and shot the kid in the face...Kids + Guns (especially stuff like an Uzi) = Extremely bad idea!

    Here is the link to the article from the gun fair:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/n...self-gun-show/

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  8. #8
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,300
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,731 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    honestly i thought it was awesome to see this one 12 year old that was a pro at this... and i'm sure her dad/mom (but come on, we all know it was her dad, just trying to be PC) was likely very responsible.

    I’m not against kids doing adult things, i have let my son shoot bb guns in the past but i'm extremely cautious and i always made sure that i was with him every step of the way, mostly holding the weapon myself and letting him pull the trigger (he was 3 but loved it). heck, i let him play violent video games. if he enjoys it, it's fine! and there's nothing wrong with telling your kid what death means and how fragile human beings are. it doesn't $#@! up their brains, it just makes them more smart and cautious. my kid is normal but he understands how dangerous guns/knives are because he knows what they can do to a person. and he's completely normal. i was a bit cautious at first that it might give him nightmares or change his behavior but he is a perfectly healthy boy.

    and i'm extremely cautious with every aspect of my life...never had an accident (well one but that was due to a stupid reason, not speeding/wreckless driving), never broke a bone or hurt myself badly.

    i take a lot of precaution when it comes to being safe and honestly i think it's ok to let your kids do some adult things as long as you are with your child every step of the way, kids are smart, they just need a lot of very close supervision so they don't steer off course and especially knowing that they listen to what you tell them.

    this girl did everything right, what happened was really the guy's fault. firstly, he should have "NEVER" allowed the girl to shoot it by herself UNTIL he was COMPLETELY sure that she can handle the kick. even then, get out of the way OR hold that weapon while she shoots, make sure she has protective gear, make sure you have protective gear.

    this could've been done in a much better way, the guy failed, the parents failed much more. i hate idiots.

  9. #9
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,525
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    4,023 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationSteam
    Hate to say he caused his own death, but he did...what tard gives a little girl like that an Uzi?!


    The "instructor" should have known to not just jump up to a full auto with a short hard to control firearm like that...especially should have known to let her shoot on semi and see how she reacts and performs first.
    Last edited by Rekmon; 08-27-2014 at 15:36.

  10. #10
    Superior Member
    Libra-75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    516 (0 Banked)
    This is insane and extremely ignorant behavior. Letting a little kid use a gun (especially one like this) is just sick, imo. America desperately need more strict gun laws. I'm not just talking about kids, there are a lot of adults that shouldn't be able to own/shoot a gun too. The sad thing is that there are a lot of people who are against more strict gun laws in the US, that's kind of mind boggling to me.

  11. #11
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,962
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,737 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    He stood in front of the gun barrel, that is asking for trouble with a weapon that is known to be hard to control and even more so for a young child.
    Minimum age for that type of weapon I would say is 13, at that age they at least have some upper body strength that could somewhat control such a weapon, still the instructor paid the ultimate price for his negligence.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-27-2014 at 16:14.

  12. #12
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,120
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    16,659 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    This is insane and extremely ignorant behavior. Letting a little kid use a gun (especially one like this) is just sick, imo. America desperately need more strict gun laws. I'm not just talking about kids, there are a lot of adults that shouldn't be able to own/shoot a gun too. The sad thing is that there are a lot of people who are against more strict gun laws in the US, that's kind of mind boggling to me.
    Because we do not need more strict gun laws, doing so would hurt average Joe because guess what criminals do not give a $#@! about laws(still mind boggling how people do not get this), what we need is smarter people to learn the ways of gun handling. Thankfully for everyone of these idiots there is way more who do know gun safety but media never reports how my gun is safely locked up and has not killed a person for 365, just morons.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  13. Likes Two4DaMoney , Ezekiel likes this post
  14. #13
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,962
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,737 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is from the same place with a different instructor tutoring a woman, obviously she is older than 9 years old, but look how he stands behind her and also pushes against her shoulder to aide with the recoil.

    Last edited by keefy; 08-27-2014 at 16:30.

  15. #14
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,809
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    82,275 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Giving a young, small girl an uzi and standing next to it didn't seem like a dangerous situation for the instructor? :s

    And people outside American culture criticizing American culture? Typical, meh. Nothing wrong with guns and nothing wrong with showing kids how to use them. My 12 year old cousin was firing a shotgun at discs a few months ago and having fun, as was everyone else there (it was a big get together out in the country). Except people were smart enough to stand far out of his way and made sure he understood what to do.

    I feel really bad for the girl here. It was a genuine mistake that took the instructors life and will leave her scarred for a good while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Because we do not need more strict gun laws, doing so would hurt average Joe because guess what criminals do not give a $#@! about laws(still mind boggling how people do not get this), what we need is smarter people to learn the ways of gun handling. Thankfully for everyone of these idiots there is way more who do know gun safety but media never reports how my gun is safely locked up and has not killed a person for 365, just morons.
    After seeing $#@! like the Ferguson incident at anyone wanting stricter gun awls in America. Our Government is $#@!ing nuts and we need to be armed for when the revolution inevitably happens.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  16. Likes Ezekiel, Admartian , Captncoke49 likes this post
  17. #15
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,047
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    23,307 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As an Aussie I've rarely seen a gun in real life, but I've heard recoil is a $#@!.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  18. #16
    Dedicated Member
    victorijapoosp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,256
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    13,802 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    UZI to a child? Idiots. Is there something stupid in the water over there? Only in america.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

    SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

  19. #17
    Dedicated Member
    victorijapoosp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,256
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    13,802 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Giving a young, small girl an uzi and standing next to it didn't seem like a dangerous situation for the instructor? :s

    And people outside American culture criticizing American culture? Typical, meh. Nothing wrong with guns and nothing wrong with showing kids how to use them. My 12 year old cousin was firing a shotgun at discs a few months ago and having fun, as was everyone else there (it was a big get together out in the country). Except people were smart enough to stand far out of his way and made sure he understood what to do.

    I feel really bad for the girl here. It was a genuine mistake that took the instructors life and will leave her scarred for a good while.



    After seeing $#@! like the Ferguson incident at anyone wanting stricter gun awls in America. Our Government is $#@!ing nuts and we need to be armed for when the revolution inevitably happens.

    You need to be armed especially in a racist country like that i suppose.

    @yuuichi, the problem is your country is awash with guns, banning the new sale of guns and creating amnesty for people to hand in their guns reduces the guns in circulation at the very least. Slowly the guns will become too expensive for anyone to buy on the black market, aside from organised criminals who are unlikely to rob your home or your shop.


    There is relatively very little gun crime in the UK. And almost no children killing themselves or their classmates with a submachine gun.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

    SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

  20. #18
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,300
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,731 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Hate to say he caused his own death, but he did...what tard gives a little girl like that an Uzi?!

    The "instructor" should have known to not just jump up to a full auto with a short hard to control firearm like that...especially should have known to let her shoot on semi and see how she reacts and performs first.
    yeah, he lets her shoot one bullet and goes, "yup, she's ready for that full auto at 1000rpms" (pretty sure the RPM is close to 800-900 close to that)

    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    You need to be armed especially in a racist country like that i suppose.
    that's a very large and incorrect misconception. America isn't any more racist than other countries. the problem are the politicians and public figures that play with the race issues to their advantage. but i think the core of the problem comes from white politicians, though it has little to do with the population at large, they are the symptom.

    after years of observation and digging deep into race issues here, i realize that both sides (whites and blacks) have proper and good points but both sides can be explained. the core is the people who make laws and who control this country. the rest are stuck in their prejudice, ignorance and total confidence in their government's integrity.

    When you see a white person against a black person and a black person against a white person, they are participating in a conflict that is symptomatic, however the core issues were started by the government and the government still continues to do it ‘til this day. the govt. gains a lot by diving the country and you can't show me a country that was more divided than this and wasn't in a civil war.

  21. #19
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    158,252 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't imagine what the recoil is like on an Uzi, that's mad!




  22. #20
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,809
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    82,275 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    @yuuichi, the problem is your country is awash with guns, banning the new sale of guns and creating amnesty for people to hand in their guns reduces the guns in circulation at the very least. Slowly the guns will become too expensive for anyone to buy on the black market, aside from organised criminals who are unlikely to rob your home or your shop.
    I realize it's easy to beat the dead horse that is "lol murica" but understanding the situation would be more honest and fair:

    + A growing poverty class as the difference between the rich and Middle-Poor classes increases gives incentive for theft and assault
    + Poor education (low priority for the powers that be) statistically leads to a higher chance of committing crime
    + The persecution of drug users causes the growth of gangs and criminal culture among youth
    + We don't take mental health seriously in the USA (our standards of healthcare are absolute $#@!), which is why we get people depressed, confused, and angry about the world taking it out on innocents

    It's a lot of factors that culminate in gun violence in the USA, not the mere fact guns exist. The root causes of such violence would still remain even if guns disappeared. That needs to be understood. America needs to commit to a fairer society with diminished necessity for violence and crime, not a lessening of firearms themselves.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  23. Likes Omar likes this post
  24. #21
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    158,252 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I realize it's easy to beat the dead horse that is "lol murica" but understanding the situation would be more honest and fair:

    + A growing poverty class as the difference between the rich and Middle-Poor classes increases gives incentive for theft and assault
    + Poor education (low priority for the powers that be) statistically leads to a higher chance of committing crime
    + The persecution of drug users causes the growth of gangs and criminal culture among youth
    + We don't take mental health seriously in the USA (our standards of healthcare are absolute $#@!), which is why we get people depressed, confused, and angry about the world taking it out on innocents

    It's a lot of factors that culminate in gun violence in the USA, not the mere fact guns exist. The root causes of such violence would still remain even if guns disappeared. That needs to be understood. America needs to commit to a fairer society with diminished necessity for violence and crime, not a lessening of firearms themselves.
    Yeah if the guns weren't available people would just resort to other means




  25. #22
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,300
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,731 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    guns, in the wrong hands, do make matters worse, yes that's true but that's a stark minority in the overall scheme of things as the benefits of defending yourself far outweigh the weapons being in wrong people's hands. and i don't mean criminals, i mean vigilantes like zimmerman.

  26. #23
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,367 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    I think it is finally time to implement Chris Rock's idea...


    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  27. Likes keefy likes this post
  28. #24
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,962
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,737 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It h ought it was to be the one where the guns are cheap but the bullets cost a few thousand bucks each.


  29. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
  30. #25
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,367 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It h ought it was to be the one where the guns are cheap but the bullets cost a few thousand bucks each.

    That too!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.