Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

GTA V PS4/PC/Xbone Release date [REPORTED, not confirmed]

1st November!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/...e-in-november/

GAME has officially confirmed that the release date will indeed be November 1st
    UPDATE:

UPDATE:The GAME store responsible for yesterday's release date Tweet has issued an update on the situation---sadly, it's not good news.

"We just want to clear the air...we do not have a confirmed date for #GTAV at this moment in time. As soon as we do we will communicate it as a company, through our website, newsletter and social media websites. We apologise to all #GTAV fans for the confusion with this.
    "As a store within the GAME company, it is not our responsibility to tweet provisional game release dates. We cannot apologise enough."
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Changing thread title to 'reported' until R* confirms.
    Christopher
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:54.

2. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh yes! I can't wait to finally get this game on my PC.

PSN ID
    xPSYCHOPATH410x
    Weird that it would be on a Saturday.........

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Cool news if it's 100% true but nothing confirmed by Rockstar themselves yet!

Plus Project Cars is released then as well so could potentially get 2 games in one day
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Veteran
    Dualshockers have edited the article since time of posting so my original quote is no longer in their post and has now been changed to possible rumour.

Forum Overseer
    sigh...that's too far off. $#@! that. i already played the $#@! out of it and i'm going back into some PC games. $#@! THIS $#@!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    sigh...that's too far off. $#@! that. i already played the $#@! out of it and i'm going back into some PC games. $#@! THIS $#@!!
    I thought you were the most pumped for the release of it on 'next gen' and PC

Friendship is Carrots
    Ugghhh that's so far away.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    I thought you were the most pumped for the release of it on 'next gen' and PC

oh i was, it's just that i'm getting tired of them not even talking about the goddamn game.

i get it, GTA is precious. it's too valuable to be talked about until the day it's out, it's the greatest game ever in the universe and all other universes but it is just a little $#@!ing lame when they don't even tell you what the actual date is.

Rockstar are $#@!y $#@!ers. they think just because they sold 40 billion copies, they can just do whatever they want. Seriously, I only want GTA 5 on my PS4 right now. Nothing else. But how long before I move on? it’s out in a matter of 2-3 months but NO $#@!ING DETAILS AT ALL! Not even a pic or maybe even a teaser video to keep us excited!

Why!? Because Rockstar knows they are different and they should be treated differently because they are so badass. Well other than the fact that they don’t know how to make a $#@!ing online mode. I’m just frustrated that they won’t say anything.

Tell me one other company that doesn’t confirm the release date 3 months from launch? We’re already in Fall, aren’t we? So when in fall!?

I want to know what they’re doing different, no details, nothing. I want to know if I even want the damn game, so far I’ve just been going with what I think is going to be…you go out there and there are better games out there, they’re only $#@!y because they know we will buy it regardless. Well $#@! ‘em and their piece of $#@! game. That is, unless they eventually do announce it to be 64 players…I might get the game but I’m officially pissed off. November is too far and will likely have better games out by then. I want it now!

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I just wanna see it in action, I want to see if it actually looks as beautiful as the trailer and what the new additions are. Online heists?
    Hopefully someone will get a gameplay video up soon.

Click HERE for my Videos

Veteran
    oh i was, it's just that i'm getting tired of them not even talking about the goddamn game.

i get it, GTA is precious. it's too valuable to be talked about until the day it's out, it's the greatest game ever in the universe and all other universes but it is just a little $#@!ing lame when they don't even tell you what the actual date is.

Rockstar are $#@!y $#@!ers. they think just because they sold 40 billion copies, they can just do whatever they want. Seriously, I only want GTA 5 on my PS4 right now. Nothing else. But how long before I move on? it’s out in a matter of 2-3 months but NO $#@!ING DETAILS AT ALL! Not even a pic or maybe even a teaser video to keep us excited!

Why!? Because Rockstar knows they are different and they should be treated differently because they are so badass. Well other than the fact that they don’t know how to make a $#@!ing online mode. I’m just frustrated that they won’t say anything.

Tell me one other company that doesn’t confirm the release date 3 months from launch? We’re already in Fall, aren’t we? So when in fall!?

I want to know what they’re doing different, no details, nothing. I want to know if I even want the damn game, so far I’ve just been going with what I think is going to be…you go out there and there are better games out there, they’re only $#@!y because they know we will buy it regardless. Well $#@! ‘em and their piece of $#@! game. That is, unless they eventually do announce it to be 64 players…I might get the game but I’m officially pissed off. November is too far and will likely have better games out by then. I want it now!
    True.

Didn't Naughty Dog leave it a little late with TLoU though for a release as well as screens and gameplay videos?

I can understand your frustration with GTA though without a doubt.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I still can't wait for it. Bring it on

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I wish they would do more than upgrade the graphics. The game just seemed way too short for me. Blu-Ray disc = my expectations rising for a lot of missions and side activities for gta6(sorry for thinking that far ahead).

I'm certainly not paying $60 for gta5. Not worth the full price for me.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    I just wanna see it in action, I want to see if it actually looks as beautiful as the trailer and what the new additions are. Online heists?
    Hopefully someone will get a gameplay video up soon.
    as much as i've seen, i can safely say (just with my experience and what i've seen so far) that it will absolutely look gorgeous and people will see a very large difference.

just because if i took GTA 5 on the PS3 and raised the fps and raised the resolution with some extra touches like less blurriness in the distance and less popins, it will already look really good without an extensive upgrade.

since they're doing a proper upgrade (and we know this due to the teaser we saw), it is absolutely going to blow away people. and i have no doubt it will sell another 10-15 million.

but yes, you're right, we still wanna see it in action. right about now is the time to release another teaser and give us a reason to keep waiting another 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    True.

Didn't Naughty Dog leave it a little late with TLoU though for a release as well as screens and gameplay videos?

I can understand your frustration with GTA though without a doubt.
    true but TLOU is just not as popular as GTA so i can understand if they didn't push the game so much. we all know when GTA is going to be rereleased, it will be a big deal again.

EDIT: another thing i was gonna say, since i'm expecting big changes in the online part of the game, it makes it difficult for me to make my decision if they don't release anything, if they said today that the only upgrade GTA 5 is getting is visual then i would have made my decision immediately. they won't say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I wish they would do more than upgrade the graphics. The game just seemed way too short for me. Blu-Ray disc = my expectations rising for a lot of missions and side activities for gta6(sorry for thinking that far ahead).

I'm certainly not paying $60 for gta5. Not worth the full price for me.
    they are likely going to add enough things to make you buy again. i guarantee you. they aren't idiots and there has to be a reason why it's taking so long. they already knew they were going to release for next-gen consoles so they were probably developing the entire time.

i think we're going to see a lot of updates to the multiplayer for the next-gen, they would be idiots not to do that. also we might see a single player DLC...and this is just my wish but maybe another island considering they have the RAM to do it and make it to where last-gen consoles have a loading screen when you go to the new area and for next-gen, it's no loading and maybe we can take a plane ride, a boat or underground train there.

people will buy again and rockstar makes these things happen. they know what sells.
    Last edited by Omar; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:49.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

Damn Sufi! Lol! I wish it was out before November as well, it better shine and look amazing for them taking so long! I am actually fine with it coming out in November (if it actually does) since it will be just in time for all the vacation that I like to take during the holidays, lots of great games to play this fall/winter!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    no way that's my birthday

sweet!

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    no way that's my birthday

sweet!
    *pile-driver*
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Damn Sufi! Lol! I wish it was out before November as well, it better shine and look amazing for them taking so long! I am actually fine with it coming out in November (if it actually does) since it will be just in time for all the vacation that I like to take during the holidays, lots of great games to play this fall/winter!
    see that's the problem, i don't! lol. which is why i'm somewhat happy i will be able to get back on my PC for a while, i'm just tired of waiting for games on my PS4.

i'm happy with all the games out on PS3 and PS+ games are just an awesome bonus to just mess about games i'd never consider.

but really no good shooters coming out (destiny is not a good shooter), except Planet Side 2 and even that we don't really know what will happen. i'm $#@!ing frustrated because PS4 was supposed to be a shooter console!

why else would they copy the xbox controller!

and yes, i'm on my man PMS (involving next-gen gaming) so watch out.
    Last edited by Omar; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:05.

20. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    You guys should be glad it's rumored for November and not 2015.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    You guys should be glad it's rumored for November and not 2015.
    well that wouldn't bother me because it's not that special lol. 2015 would actually bring some sort of peace to me, i actually would start focusing on other games.

when they announced GTA 5 on next-gen, it said fall 2014. i'm not thinking november, i'm thinking september or even august.

and it would make total sense to release this now than later when other titles are out. Destiny is out in september, they will take away some sales.

i'd rather they actually waited until 2015 and added some substantial content to it. if they came out in november and said, yay guys look it looks better! $#@! them right in the bunghole.

Ultimate Veteran
    well that wouldn't bother me because it's not that special lol. 2015 would actually bring some sort of peace to me, i actually would start focusing on other games.

when they announced GTA 5 on next-gen, it said fall 2014. i'm not thinking november, i'm thinking september or even august.

and it would make total sense to release this now than later when other titles are out. Destiny is out in september, they will take away some sales.

i'd rather they actually waited until 2015 and added some substantial content to it. if they came out in november and said, yay guys look it looks better! $#@! them right in the bunghole.
    You came in here saying November 1st was too far off but you'd be okay with 2015? Do you want to play this game or not?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    You came in here saying November 1st was too far off but you'd be okay with 2015? Do you want to play this game or not?
    i know, sounds confusing. what i mean is, if they said 2015, at least i know it's a long ways off.

if they had said from the beginning that it was always going to be nov 1, i would've just been like, ok sucks but what can you do right?

they still haven't confirmed the date. most games confirm dates 6-12months earlier. exact dates.

so if as you said, it was 2015, ok but will it add content? if not, ok, decision made, $#@! it. move on.

it's not as if i don't know what the game is like. it's like a $#@! who is putting her own $#@! on the pedastal. wtf? lol.

i'm sick and tired of rockstar putting their games on the pedastal like they're a gift from the heavens.

they must have a thousand things to tell us about the new version but not a single thing since the teaser.

so do one of the following:

1) Release it ASAP.
    2) Let us know the release date.
    3) Let us know what's new in the next-gen versions.

is it really hard? how difficult is the next-gen version that they can't tell us anything?

so it better be some awesome sauce $#@! or this is just stupid. do you remember how much GTA 4 was marketed? it's like they don't even care anymore, because GTA sells unlike anything else.

they probably made more money than most developers make in 3-4 really really successful sequels.

Veteran
    This is not accurate and it isn't confirmed to be the actual release date so mods please edit the title of this thread as it is misleading. Games do not ever release on saturdays regardless of what GAME might be saying.

October 28th is more likely.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    This is not accurate and it isn't confirmed to be the actual release date so mods please edit the title of this thread as it is misleading. Games do not ever release on saturdays regardless of what GAME might be saying.

October 28th is more likely.
    why don't they?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I want this but I don't want it that much :P Let's see if I can get another $10 deal..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Thread Information