Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I want this but I don't want it that much :P Let's see if I can get another $10 deal..
    like a $10 upgrade a la BF4? doubt it. looking at TLOU that barely brought anything new, GTA 5 is going to be a bigger upgrade so definitely no. i'm really just hoping for a $30 trade in to get the PS4 version.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Nah, GS had a $10 difference trade in deal for TLOU. Traded in AC4

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    I just bought Watch Dogs for 35 on Amazon during their game deals day, should be enough sandbox to get me to GTA 5 HD.

Forum Overseer
    wow no fing way. i'd love a $10 deal. $#@!!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Unless this

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Says it. Don't believe it.

6. Likes K2D , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Unless this

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Says it. Don't believe it.
    Correct. Especially in the last day we've had one source say it was delayed until 2015 and another source (apparently marketing director at R* North) saying the PC version might be cancelled.

Don't get your hopes up until R* says something official. Until then, November 1st is simply a placeholder.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Correct. Especially in the last day we've had one source say it was delayed until 2015 and another source (apparently marketing director at R* North) saying the PC version might be cancelled.

Don't get your hopes up until R* says something official. Until then, November 1st is simply a placeholder.
    oh god, if GTA 5 PC was cancelled there would be riots. It might be in the form of DDOS, but it would be an e-riot.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    oh god, if GTA 5 PC was cancelled there would be riots. It might be in the form of DDOS, but it would be an e-riot.
    I'd personally burn Rockstar down to the $#@!ing ground

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Im still pissed at Rockstar for never releasing Red Dead Redemption on PC.

11. Likes Nerevar , BBK.. likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    they are likely going to add enough things to make you buy again. i guarantee you. they aren't idiots and there has to be a reason why it's taking so long. they already knew they were going to release for next-gen consoles so they were probably developing the entire time.

i think we're going to see a lot of updates to the multiplayer for the next-gen, they would be idiots not to do that. also we might see a single player DLC...and this is just my wish but maybe another island considering they have the RAM to do it and make it to where last-gen consoles have a loading screen when you go to the new area and for next-gen, it's no loading and maybe we can take a plane ride, a boat or underground train there.

people will buy again and rockstar makes these things happen. they know what sells.
    I read about them wanting to go beyond expectations for the current gen version but I just don't trust them. They're going to have to prove it. I'm no longer blind purchasing their games.

And yea, I want some single player content. The dlc for gta4 was great.

Forum Overseer
    i think in a lot of ways they did go beyond my expectations but overall they also messed up a lot.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    I don't exactly expect it to be true, and it's almost certainly false/a lie, but it's just one more example of why rumors aren't to be believed and taken with a grain of salt.

We had a "video game industry guy" on Twitter making up info about the Xbox One early last year, saying it would be bundled with Comcast and other cable companies for a few dollars a month. Now I doubt GAME is making up the date they have, but a placeholder date isn't confirmation of anything.

Forum Overseer
    well it might be around that time anyway, considering there's no info and it's supposed to be out by fall. it's fall and no real confirmation. sounds almost like it was probably delayed. if not, delayed until end of november at the least. would not be surprised if it's 2015.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I get that GTA is a game that could just show up on shelves and still sell millions, but they want advertising. They want pre-orders. They want hype. Look at how much advertising they did for the already heavily anticipated last-gen launch and other games like COD. I look around on places like GTA Forums and people seem to have unrealistic views, things like GTA is so popular that people who don't even care about games want it! and that R* couldn't care less about marketing. If R* didn't care about marketing they wouldn't have revealed the "HD" version at the biggest gaming event of the year. They care, and they want to utilize every avenue possible to sell more copies.

It's surprising nobody (journalists and other members of the media) has even seen anything other than the E3 reveal. The last time we had this type of media blackout in regards to GTA was when it ended up being delayed. I really do hope it comes soon, yesterday I got rid of my PS3 copy, but it looks questionable for fall.

Just hopefully the Unity delay isn't a sign of other things to come. People are suspecting FC4 will also be delayed so sales won't be affected.

Forum Overseer
    i know they care but what i mean is, they have been playing this "secrecy" game for way too long, i think they did it well before but now it's just getting too much. they should be releasing "some" information every now and then. that's what i remember from GTA 4. it was scarce but there.

this time around? none. hell, we got more information with the PS3/360 launch 3 months before its release. this is just a remaster. you'd think they showed as much as possible to keep the people from buying other pre-orders...i would think the longer i waited, the less sales i'd get.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Sorry, wasn't meaning to imply you thought they didn't care. More just a moan about those that think R* would just up and release it in two weeks.

But I agree with you. Especially as this is a remaster, they will want to show off the pretty graphics, damage changes, additional wildlife, increased population and vehicle density and all the other little details. That we've had none of that worries me and I don't know how others can simply ignore that, unless they are only lying to themselves because they don't want to face another delay.

Veteran
    Well I do hope Gamestops pulls another trade in your old gen copy and get 50% off on this one.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    http://www.psu.com/news/24488/UPDATE...ov-1-says-GAME

UPDATE:The GAME store responsible for yesterday's release date Tweet has issued an update on the situation---sadly, it's not good news.

"We just want to clear the air...we do not have a confirmed date for #GTAV at this moment in time. As soon as we do we will communicate it as a company, through our website, newsletter and social media websites. We apologise to all #GTAV fans for the confusion with this.
    "As a store within the GAME company, it is not our responsibility to tweet provisional game release dates. We cannot apologise enough."
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Added to the OP.

Forum Overseer
    Game just wanted some hits.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

GTA V PS4/PC/Xbone Release date [REPORTED, not confirmed]

No way! But game stores always know before it ever gets publicly announced!

[Sarcasm mode off]

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Well I do hope Gamestops pulls another trade in your old gen copy and get 50% off on this one.
    I bit the bullet two days ago. The base amount is $25 trade in value, up from $18 a couple days ago. Then if you can get a coupon you can get 50% extra credit, making it $37.50. Unfortunately, I didn't have the coupon so had to settle for $25 (apparently most locations gave them all away a week or so ago and I learned about it too late).

I thought about holding out for a possible "upgrade" deal, but figured it's only $5 short of the half off deal and haven't touched it much since the E3 trailer.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I bit the bullet two days ago. The base amount is $25 trade in value, up from $18 a couple days ago. Then if you can get a coupon you can get 50% extra credit, making it $37.50. Unfortunately, I didn't have the coupon so had to settle for $25 (apparently most locations gave them all away a week or so ago and I learned about it too late).

I thought about holding out for a possible "upgrade" deal, but figured it's only $5 short of the half off deal and haven't touched it much since the E3 trailer.
    Really? I think I'll jump the gun then, cause I do have that coupon from buying TLOU Remastered.

Forum Overseer
    biting bullets, jumping guns, jeez guys, can we just be a bit more peaceful here?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Its gunserzise diet Omar.
    Utilising guns as both exercise equipment and diet.
    If done right you can not only loose weight but your life!

Thread Information