Is Battlefield 4 worth getting on a PS3? Or should I get BF3 instead?

I'm more into the multiplayer aspect of the game.
    I've heard several issues and constant freezing on BF4 online. Is this true?

Any owners can clear it up? It would gladly help!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    hey mate, I never had any issues with freezing or lagging when playing BF 4 on the PS3 but on some maps it did feel a little bit empty because I think they were designed more for the PS4 where you can have more players. Definitely fun to play online though!

Oh I see, hmm would you recommend it over BF3 though?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I wouldn't recommend BF3 or BF4 on a PS3. Its not the way it was meant to be played. Has less than half the max player count the PS4/PC/Xbone version has.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by julesantenor View Post
    Oh I see, hmm would you recommend it over BF3 though?
    I would yeah If you can get the game on PS4, Xbone or PC then I would recommend getting BF4 on one of those but if PS3 is the only option then I would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I would yeah If you can get the game on PS4, Xbone or PC then I would recommend getting BF4 on one of those but if PS3 is the only option then I would go for it.

Thank you so much for the answers!
    One more question. How's the frame rate for ps3? Is it reallu slow?

Forum Overseer
    BF3 is out for 6.99 right now on PSN (until monday), a cheap digital version is better than anything. so try out BF3, it's more or less the same as BF4.

BF4 has some better things but it also has frame rate issues. sometimes it can go way below 30fps. somewhere around 20fps i think. which can hinder gameplay.

if you have PS+, then BF3 is for 4.89. cheap and it's still very popular, a lot of people online.

BF4 is better but also more difficult and has some performance issues, so i would maybe find a better deal first.

if you are planning to get a PS4 in the next year or so, skip BF4, otherwise, BF4 may be good if you're willing to overlook the price and the issues.

Items Bruce Lee
    Definitely BF3. BF4 still suffers from major issues like crashes and freezing, also the maps are way too big for 32players. BF3 has the best level design, rush, vehicle control and DLC in the series. Don't get me wrong BF4 is awesome and well worth your time on next gen but for last gen BF3 is an easy choice. Also premium is pretty cheap now.
    May I have your attention please?
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here...

9. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalHugging View Post
    Definitely BF3. BF4 still suffers from major issues like crashes and freezing, also the maps are way too big for 32players. BF3 has the best level design, rush, vehicle control and DLC in the series. Don't get me wrong BF4 is awesome and well worth your time on next gen but for last gen BF3 is an easy choice. Also premium is pretty cheap now.
    yes, you put it in better words. totally agree. the maps felt too large even though they were drastically reduced from the next-gen versions. also BF3 is more easy to play and more balanced when it comes to map design and vehicles. BF4 definitely is more strategic and has more weapons/equipment and imo better class customizations (everyone gets carbines which is a great addition) but you can always buy BF4 when you have a next-gen console and it's better there.

Thread Information