Is Battlefield 4 worth getting on a PS3? Or should I get BF3 instead?

I'm more into the multiplayer aspect of the game.
    I've heard several issues and constant freezing on BF4 online. Is this true?

Any owners can clear it up? It would gladly help!

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    hey mate, I never had any issues with freezing or lagging when playing BF 4 on the PS3 but on some maps it did feel a little bit empty because I think they were designed more for the PS4 where you can have more players. Definitely fun to play online though!

Oh I see, hmm would you recommend it over BF3 though?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I wouldn't recommend BF3 or BF4 on a PS3. Its not the way it was meant to be played. Has less than half the max player count the PS4/PC/Xbone version has.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by julesantenor View Post
    Oh I see, hmm would you recommend it over BF3 though?
    I would yeah If you can get the game on PS4, Xbone or PC then I would recommend getting BF4 on one of those but if PS3 is the only option then I would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I would yeah If you can get the game on PS4, Xbone or PC then I would recommend getting BF4 on one of those but if PS3 is the only option then I would go for it.

Thank you so much for the answers!
    One more question. How's the frame rate for ps3? Is it reallu slow?

Forum Overseer

BF3 is out for 6.99 right now on PSN (until monday), a cheap digital version is better than anything. so try out BF3, it's more or less the same as BF4.

BF4 has some better things but it also has frame rate issues. sometimes it can go way below 30fps. somewhere around 20fps i think. which can hinder gameplay.

if you have PS+, then BF3 is for 4.89. cheap and it's still very popular, a lot of people online.

BF4 is better but also more difficult and has some performance issues, so i would maybe find a better deal first.

if you are planning to get a PS4 in the next year or so, skip BF4, otherwise, BF4 may be good if you're willing to overlook the price and the issues.

Apprentice
    Items Dragon Ball ZDr. DreBruce Lee
    Definitely BF3. BF4 still suffers from major issues like crashes and freezing, also the maps are way too big for 32players. BF3 has the best level design, rush, vehicle control and DLC in the series. Don't get me wrong BF4 is awesome and well worth your time on next gen but for last gen BF3 is an easy choice. Also premium is pretty cheap now.
    May I have your attention please?
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here...

9. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalHugging View Post
    Definitely BF3. BF4 still suffers from major issues like crashes and freezing, also the maps are way too big for 32players. BF3 has the best level design, rush, vehicle control and DLC in the series. Don't get me wrong BF4 is awesome and well worth your time on next gen but for last gen BF3 is an easy choice. Also premium is pretty cheap now.
    yes, you put it in better words. totally agree. the maps felt too large even though they were drastically reduced from the next-gen versions. also BF3 is more easy to play and more balanced when it comes to map design and vehicles. BF4 definitely is more strategic and has more weapons/equipment and imo better class customizations (everyone gets carbines which is a great addition) but you can always buy BF4 when you have a next-gen console and it's better there.

PSN ID
    MMG_DESIGNKING
    As for Me I Would Say BF3 in till you Get A PS4

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by beartanqis View Post
    you are planning to get a PS4 in the next year or so, skip BF4, otherwise, BF4 may be good if you're willing to overlook the price and the issues.
    as much as i disliked how EA handled BF4...they did patch it to the point where it's becoming better than BF3. the recent patch does wonders and i'm going to be playing this game for a long time now.

however, i actually would advise against BF5 (at least for the time being) because we don't know if they will repeat their mistakes or not. maybe the game is soo good that we can't resist, i don't know but my initial thought is, i'm not going to go in blind like i did with BF4.

Supreme Veteran
    Finally after 3 years of the community telling them their HUD sucks they implement HUD customisation. However after messing around with it, its still not how I want it to be. I cant seem to remove the flag icons and keep the 3D spotting icons.

Forum Overseer

on the minimap? they pretty much answered all of my problems.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    on the minimap? they pretty much answered all of my problems.
    No not the minimap.

I was wrong it can be changed how I like it, I just got the wrong settings, I only spent a few minutes checkign it out.

The options are explained here
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...eplay_options/

Forum Overseer

yeah was gonna say, it's perfect for me now. i made it opaque to begin with and then if i aim (anywhere), it goes away. that used to be one of my biggest issues. especially since we had 720p lol so everything was huge.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    The PC version of BF4 is horrible and totally broken. So, get it for PS4 as I did and it seems ok. More players are on PS4 version which is fun and as the posters here said. Don't get the PS3 version.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Thread Information